It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

Wars are not about religion, they are not about politics, they are not about bringing freedom.

You obviously don't understand that Middle Eastern politics is based on theology and their theology says that freedom and justice is only accomplished through "resistance", "fighting" and "jihad".

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

America funded the IRA for years yet us Brits don't hold it against the American population.

The point I am making is that various countries have funded terrorist organisations but not to the extent America has.

Osama Bin Laden - employed by the CIA anyone ?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by abdel

Wars are not about religion, they are not about politics, they are not about bringing freedom.

You obviously don't understand that Middle Eastern politics is based on theology and their theology says that freedom and justice is only accomplished through "resistance", "fighting" and "jihad".

Freedom and justice is only accomplished through resistance, fighting and jihad. Remove the word "Jihad" and you have the basics of every freedom movement the world has ever known.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dinoman
reply to post by cornucopia

Something about this man, I like him.. Id trust him over Obama or Cameron anytime.

He sounds like your average american hating college prof found in bunches at a univesity near you. Most of his speech sounds like it was taken from a first year communist reader.

Tell me....are you waiting for the Madi to bring justice to the world? Are you following in the path of the great prophet?

This guy does lie and misrepresent many things.

Another thing......if this great day for mankind is so great.....collective human fraternity following the path of thier prophet than why is Iran not a shining example of this? Oh it is excuse me.....

edit on 25-9-2012 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2012 by Logarock because: sp

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

Some americans supported the IRA, this country having so many Irish in it.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
attended a symposium several years ago that he spoke at.. the man is not the raving lunatic the west attempts to portray him as... not surprising the west hate him - he speaks the truth something the west fears...

Well yea hes not foaming at the mouth of anything......but he is a lier.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by abdel

reply to post by abdel

Freedom and justice is only accomplished through resistance, fighting and jihad. Remove the word "Jihad" and you have the basics of every freedom movement the world has ever known.

So, what makes you think it should or will change now?

It won't. Such is life.

This is precisely why Iran wants war in the Middle East. Ahmadinejad wants to "free" all Muslims from the Jews. It's part of their theology, it has nothing to do with human rights. It has everything to do with the land and their religion. They believe ALL land in the Middle East should be controlled by Muslims. Period.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I can't remember where I got this from, but I once read that Ahmadinejad specifically stated that he does NOT believe in Nuclear warfare for obvious reasons (M.A.D. not being that constructive, for example). Excuse the lack of source, if I find the time I'll try and look for one.

What I do like about him is the fact that he, at least appears to be very humble, living in a very average house, sleeping on the floor, still owning his first (bad) car, etc. You can be completely against what he stands for etc, but a man who knows his position in relationship to the rest of the country/world, imo deserves more respect than someone who thinks he's the man because of the position he holds, and therefor also thinks it's justified to toss around money like there's nothing to it...

(If you are going to blame me for liking a specific trait in him, please think twice first, you can like Hitler's art, doesn't mean you like the man or what he did (inb4 Godwin's law!))

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
If you do some research, you'll find that Ahmadinejad was against the Palestinian Authority going to the U.N. to try and appeal for a "two state solution" for Israel and the Palestinians.

Why?

Because it still means that Israel would have a "state" of their own.

ک کرده و از اعمال اختناق در اینترنت جلوگیری کنیدDuring a speech on Friday 17 August for participant of Tehran Friday Prayer , Ahmadinejad warned about two state solution for Arab -Israeli conflict and said that the future of Middle East is Islamic in which there will be no place for Israel and the United States.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-9-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Obama is a better speaker than this guy.

I'm sure ppl of Iran would love to have Obama as a president instead, trust me.

He doesn't even let women Ski in Iran. Peirs asked him 3 times.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

Fortunately of unfortunately, whatever one wants, these marks of humility as you have it can mean little as indicators to the true nature of the man. I drive an old car, sleep on the floor and do humble work but the reasons for this are arguable.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

ah really hard to listen to..

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

listen to this man, feel his energy, good man, a truther...imo

The guy gave bags of potatoes out for votes.

After he ordered numerous farmers to stop cultivating their own crops and start growing potatoes because he wanted to get elected.

GOOD man? TRUTH?

You are lost. Stop believing every conspiracy theory you read, it's not good for you.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

reply to post by abdel

They don't understand much. That's why they would rather defend a dictator than speak against a dictator.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ClicheCalvicade

So you're saying that a bumper crop of potatoes put Ahmadinejad into power?
Even if it were true, is that anywhere near as bad as giving Afghani farmers opium poppy seeds to grow, cultivate and export to the states?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

Even if it were true, is that anywhere near as bad as giving Afghani farmers opium poppy seeds to grow, cultivate and export to the states?

First of all, the first victims of the opium fields are the locals, the Russians and Iranians. Why? Because these places cannot get too strong or they will challenge US supremacy. Why would they challenge US supremacy rather than work alongside the US? Political / religious ideology. So drugs are funneled into Iran, a fraction of these drugs end up in the US, to destabilize the country and keep it weak.

Hard drugs are cheaper than cigarettes in Iran.

Second of all, your time frame is messed up.

Now, imagine with what I know, why the hell I would pick the side of America rather than Iran. It should be very telling.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

There is such a thing as a legit opium market in the world. The opium gangsters over there wouldnt let anyone grow it but thier boys....so someone spreads the seeds around to let some others get in on the market, make a better living, drive down cost.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

How innocent is Iran? this is just rhetoric from a different angle. Neither one of these countries are innocent. How can a truther be apart of government based on Islam? Not hate just the truth. Iran has militants all over the middle east.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ClicheCalvicade

I don't really care to know what you know, you seem unusually ignorant of certain facts.

Treading the tightrope of terms and conditions regarding certain substances.

First of all, the first victims of the opium fields are the locals, the Russians and Iranians. Why? Because these places cannot get too strong or they will challenge US supremacy. Why would they challenge US supremacy rather than work alongside the US? Political / religious ideology. So drugs are funneled into Iran, a fraction of these drugs end up in the US, to destabilize the country and keep it weak.

Certain raw material is sent to Russia and sometimes Iran for processing, these countries are not victims but gain much money by the illegal processing in secret plants before being flown (Via U.S.A.F.) to the states.
The old cliche of destabilizing the U.S.A with heroin wasn't true in Vietnam and it isn't true now. The Americans create this market and freely consume the vast majority of product..

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You don't say? In New York, defiant Ahmadinejad says Israel will be "eliminated" www.cnbc.com... Please! how can anyone like this guy?

Actually, the article you linked doesn't say that he will eliminate Israel.

It says this,

"Iran has been around for the last seven, 10 thousand years. They (the Israelis) have been occupying those territories for the last 60 to 70 years, with the support and force of the Westerners. They have no roots there in history," he said, referring to the founding of the modern state of Israel in 1948.

"We do believe that they have found themselves at a dead end and they are seeking new adventures in order to escape this dead end. Iran will not be damaged with foreign bombs," "We don't even count them as any part of any equation for Iran. During a historical phase, they (the Israelis) represent minimal disturbances that come into the picture and are then eliminated."

As in, threats of violence have come and gone throughout the years. Not that he will blow them off the map.

Taken from Fair.org,

The actual quote, which comes from an old speech of Khomeini, does not imply military action, or killing anyone at all.... The phrase is almost metaphysical. He quoted Khomeini that “the occupation regime over Jerusalem should vanish from the page of time.” It is in fact probably a reference to some phrase in a medieval Persian poem. It is not about tanks.

Even the right-wing pro-Israel translation service MEMRI translated the Ahmadine-jad comment as “this regime that is occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time” (CounterPunch, 8/28/06).

Now, that being said - I'm not saying that he is a good man, or that the Iranian people have even decent lives under his rule. I'm simply saying you can't always believe what is read or reported on in our news, especially when there may be agendas to push against the ME.

I read articles like the one you posted and the thing that makes me scratch my head immediately is this;

"We don't even count them as any part of any equation for Iran. During a historical phase, they (the Israelis) represent minimal disturbances that come into the picture and are then eliminated," he added.

In 2005, Ahmadinejad called Israel a "tumor" and echoed the words of the former Iranian Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, by saying that Israel should be wiped off the map.

How would they have the ability to get an actual quote from the man in one paragraph, then immediately after, they can only quote a single word from a speech and are forced to fill in the blanks on the rest? Could it be that they are banking on the fact that people reading their article will be too busy, too lazy or too uncaring to do further research? I think so. (Not saying you are any of those things. I've seen posts by you that prove otherwise, but the majority of those watching CNN, Fox News, HLN, etc. take things at face value and don't question it.)

Just my two cents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join