It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
There is one fact that the OP obviously does not understand. No leader is going to go to the UN and say something that will get him "condemned" by the UN(which is a joke to begin with). They know the world is watching, and rather than say anything that will get them in trouble, they will say what the "world and the news organizations" WANT to hear. They will THEN go back to their respective countries, and continue the evil course that they are on.
Learn from History. For those too young to remember the Cuban revolution, let me teach you some history.
Here is a stamp that Fidel Castro had printed when he started his revolution in Cuba:

He repeated those remarks when he went to the UN. We all know what happened after that.

For those that are having a hard time seeing the top of the stamp, it reads:
OUR REVOLUTION IS NOT COMMUNIST
edit on 25-9-2012 by ProfEmeritus because: additional info

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It was very hard to listen to, the interpreter was accentuating when monotone was clearly required.

I did hear him say that isreal should be wiped off the map. I believe it was even in the context of implied genocide. Perhaps I am wrong.

But he also asked for Whirled Peas. In a communistic sense, yes. But feeding the hungry, aiding the underprivileged. And he questioned the need for the US to have a armed base in every country in the world. As though (I paraphrase) America wants to dominate the world by forceful presence. The US is not welcome.

He believes what he says. He says it with conviction. Few of our leaders do so.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

We all know what happened after that.

I'm not one of those people that hate living in America. I'm not a person that criticizes and condemns our government at every turn, while benefiting from being an American. I'm not someone that insists that other countries have it easier than we do, and that other nations are flourishing, despite hearing stories of struggle from their inhabitants.

But, I will give credit where credit is due.

I had been raised comparing certain political figures to the boogeyman. I didn't like Castro and equated him to..well, evil, with very little basis for my beliefs. Until I met a teacher that was from Cuba. She said it's actually a pretty great place. Once she learned that we had such a negative preconceived notion of Fidel she made us watch a documentary about him. She took a poll before we started the video and another at the end of the video asking us our opinions about Fidel. After we completed the video, we had all basically changed our opinion of him.

The truth is, their unemployment rate is about 1.8% (while ours is around a steady 10.00%). Their infant mortality rates are lower than ours (granted, they have fewer children), their healthcare is pretty amazing, since they focus on preventative treatments, and their education is exceptional. Fidel has all but eradicated illiteracy in Cuba. They are also less dependent on oil.

Not perfect, probably not even close to perfect, but also probably not as bad as it's portrayed to us. I'd venture to say that there are just as many people living in our country that hate both of our political party options, as are Cubans that hate Fidel. That, I think, is just to be expected.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

It is not hard to interpret the Arab policy . I do know what the bible says and the Arabs will come against Israel with Russia . The whole world says that is what he is saying , but I guess you know different or your Muslim .

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by abdel

This war is about bringing the MAHDI back . You might want to research what Khomeini and Ahmadinejad said . They believe that causing a world wide calamity WW3 it will bring him back .

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It is impossible to know the truth from what most of us see. We here don't know what kind of wierd espionage and counter-espionage is going on. Its pretty clear someone is twisting the truth to influence public opinion but we can't know who or really even why. We can guess and thats about it. So don't judge or dislike a person or country because of what you read or watch on TV. Unless you've spent some time with them personally, and maybe not even then, you just don't know.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
If Ahmadinejad wanted peace he could have it. He wouldn't have to give up any territory, or pay any money, or even step down from power. But there are things that are more important to him than peace, according to his words and actions.

He does not take those steps. This one man is endangering the entire world.

Did you read that from TV? you watch the FOX channel right? turn of the tv man

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HiGilgamesh

Hello! I appreciate having my thoughts checked by others, so I'm grateful to you.

Would you do me the favor of reading the short speech I wrote for Ahmadinejad a few posts after the one you're quoting? www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems good to me, but I'd like your thoughts. (No, I don't watch tv news, or read newspapers.)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Iran has not been threatened until they made their claim and race for the bomb . Any idiot can see that they have no need of nuclear power . They couldn't care less for the Palestinians as well as every other Arab country . The Palestinians have been run out of Arab countries . No body wants them . Iran came out and threatened Israel first and Ahmadinejad and his boss wants to start World War 3 to bring back their Mahdi or 12th Imam. Your going to like him then ! That war will involve the USA in a big way .

Why wouldn't they want nuclear power? Research facilities for medical purposes? Your quick to point the finger at them because they in your opinion are chasing nuclear weapons, yet your country has nuclear weapons, has used WMD's and with that has also killed 100's/1000's of people.

Iran have stated they are not after a nuclear weapon. It is against their religion to start with. Nobody wants Israel either. The country was built on deceit, crimes against humanity and the quicker someone pulls that biblical myth back into line, the better off this world will be.

As for then calling for the Mahdi, WW3 or any other statement they have made, you make it sound as though they do not understand what is happening around them. I'm certain they are getting pissed because an ant sized country thinks it can shape up to them and get away unscathed. Its ok for Israel to illegaly develope nuclear weapons.. Ever thought that maybe they started an arms race in the region if Iran were attemping to build nukes?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

It is not hard to interpret the Arab policy . I do know what the bible says and the Arabs will come against Israel with Russia . The whole world says that is what he is saying , but I guess you know different or your Muslim .

I know this idiot.. The dictatorship before the Iranian Revolution left thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of Iranian people in poverty. That was a western backed regime. Afterwards regardless of what you think, I'm sure Iran is in a better position today than what it was 50 years ago.

I am not a Muslim, I don't even label myself with any religion, but I will not sit back and get spoon fed absolute bullsh!t like you obviously have. What do you actually know about Iran outside of mainstream media? Have you been to Iran and experienced it for yourself? I gather you are a Christian fanatic or something who just follows the crowd, blind and believing everything you are told, hear and believe.

Israel was built on crime.. They have an illegal nuclear program, they murder who they choose, steal other countries passports to serve their own agenda. They are a parasite to this planet and if someone was to turn them to putty, It wouldn't worry me one bit.. but nothing really does worry me either..

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Mr. Confusion reporting back for more enlightenment. This time, concerning your most recent post:

Why wouldn't they want nuclear power? Research facilities for medical purposes?
But nobody's denying them that. The Western world has provided technology and scientists to help in setting that stuff up.

Your quick to point the finger at them because they in your opinion are chasing nuclear weapons, yet your country has nuclear weapons, has used WMD's and with that has also killed 100's/1000's of people.
Yes we used A-bombs twice, to end a declared war and save lives that would otherwise have been lost in Island to Island combat. I see a big difference. Besides, for now, let's just point fingers at them for breaking their agreements.

Iran have stated they are not after a nuclear weapon. It is against their religion to start with.
Unfortunately their actions and statements seem to point the other way. I do wish Iran would clear this up, but they don't seem to want to.

I'm certain they are getting pissed because an ant sized country thinks it can shape up to them and get away unscathed.
I'm not sure what "shaping up to them" means. Are you saying that it makes it understandable that Iran is trying for Nukes?

Its ok for Israel to illegaly develope nuclear weapons
You'll have to help me with this one. How was it illegal?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
There is one fact that the OP obviously does not understand. No leader is going to go to the UN and say something that will get him "condemned" by the UN(which is a joke to begin with). They know the world is watching, and rather than say anything that will get them in trouble, they will say what the "world and the news organizations" WANT to hear. They will THEN go back to their respective countries, and continue the evil course that they are on.
Learn from History. For those too young to remember the Cuban revolution, let me teach you some history.
Here is a stamp that Fidel Castro had printed when he started his revolution in Cuba:

He repeated those remarks when he went to the UN. We all know what happened after that.

For those that are having a hard time seeing the top of the stamp, it reads:
OUR REVOLUTION IS NOT COMMUNIST
edeit on 25-9-2012 by ProfEmeritus because: additional info

Castro approached the americans for help first - the americans turned him down at which point he approached the russians - who did support him.. funny how the americans forget it was their actions that made castro go to the russians and become communist...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Mr. Confusion reporting back for more enlightenment. This time, concerning your most recent post:

But nobody's denying them that. The Western world has provided technology and scientists to help in setting that stuff up.

So whats the problem then? Are yous going to held accountable if they do build a nuclear weapon? Yous should...

Yes we used A-bombs twice, to end a declared war and save lives that would otherwise have been lost in Island to Island combat. I see a big difference. Besides, for now, let's just point fingers at them for breaking their agreements.

So by breaking an agreement, they must be building nuclear weapons? At least they had an agreement to start with. Wheres Israels?

Unfortunately their actions and statements seem to point the other way. I do wish Iran would clear this up, but they don't seem to want to.

Clear what up? When have they said they are going to Nuke Israel? They can fight a war with other weapons.

I'm not sure what "shaping up to them" means. Are you saying that it makes it understandable that Iran is trying for Nukes?

Where do I it say anything about nukes? Iran could deliver a massive blow to israel with the weapons systems they already have.

You'll have to help me with this one. How was it illegal?

So its illegal for Iran to build nukes, sorry ATTEMPT to because they will not let inspectors into their country or play ball with the west. Israel have done the exact same thing so to me, they are not complying with international standards especially when it comes to the IAEA and when they are not a member of the non-proliferation treaty. Iran are doing nothing different to Israel. The only difference is, Iran do not have a nuclear weapon. Why aren't we condemning that mino country also?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 25-9-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Iranian people do not want that nut in there . The Imam wants him in there . The Iranian people do not want war with anyone and tried to remove him . Every new organization has stated that Ahmadinejad says he wants to destroy Israel and started that a while back . I have to believe NATIONAL NEWS. If he wants Nukes we can provide him with some and so can Israel . We are not idiots , we know his motivation to get nukes . One of them is to detonate an EMP over the USA . Then we could not support Israel he figures . Wrong !

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

You must be sympathetic to Iran . Yes I am Christian but no bodies fool .It is obvious to everybody that Ahmadinejad is wanting to start a world war . He is a total nut . He has no idea what he is bringing on his own people or does not care . He just wants to bring back his Mahdi . It would seem he has people on this site trying to clean up his image and point fingers at Israel . Yes Israel is not perfect nor is the USA perfect , but we haven't made an open ended threat to wipe a Nation off the map . They could do that to the Gaza Palestinians if the wanted to . But they haven't . All they want is to be left alone .

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I stopped watching two minutes in, would you like to know why?
Because he is speaking to an audience at the United Nations, not a Mosque, not a church, and using religious rhetoric in a political forum is a bad way to introduce your ideas.
If I walked up to the podium at a business meeting and began my presentation by praising the Lord it would seem inappropriate, this is really no different.
This is a cultural issue, it began with the Treaty of Versailles when maps were redrawn to fit the needs of European administrators, got worse after WW2 when Israel displaced Arabs to declare their homeland, and has fermented because of religious and cultural differences. Surrounded by Arab states with a Muslim majority, Israel has done very little to make friends in the neighborhood.
The use of religion to justify bloodshed is, in my opinion, the height of hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by abdel
reply to post by Deetermined

Excuse me but if the Iranians are so eager to go to war, why is Ahmadinejad calling for peace ? and if the Israeli government is so committed to peace, then why is Netanyahu calling for war?

i know the Iranian people want peace....

look at who is wanting to fight...israel

i mean i can see what is going on clear as day, i see through the lies...the propaganda...the false flag ops...

if only the american people knew the truth!

please God, show them!

all hidden truths are revealed!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacktorrance
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You don't say? In New York, defiant Ahmadinejad says Israel will be "eliminated" www.cnbc.com... Please! how can anyone like this guy?

Actually, the article you linked doesn't say that he will eliminate Israel.

It says this,

"Iran has been around for the last seven, 10 thousand years. They (the Israelis) have been occupying those territories for the last 60 to 70 years, with the support and force of the Westerners. They have no roots there in history," he said, referring to the founding of the modern state of Israel in 1948.

"We do believe that they have found themselves at a dead end and they are seeking new adventures in order to escape this dead end. Iran will not be damaged with foreign bombs," "We don't even count them as any part of any equation for Iran. During a historical phase, they (the Israelis) represent minimal disturbances that come into the picture and are then eliminated."

As in, threats of violence have come and gone throughout the years. Not that he will blow them off the map.

Taken from Fair.org,

The actual quote, which comes from an old speech of Khomeini, does not imply military action, or killing anyone at all.... The phrase is almost metaphysical. He quoted Khomeini that “the occupation regime over Jerusalem should vanish from the page of time.” It is in fact probably a reference to some phrase in a medieval Persian poem. It is not about tanks.

Even the right-wing pro-Israel translation service MEMRI translated the Ahmadine-jad comment as “this regime that is occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time” (CounterPunch, 8/28/06).

Now, that being said - I'm not saying that he is a good man, or that the Iranian people have even decent lives under his rule. I'm simply saying you can't always believe what is read or reported on in our news, especially when there may be agendas to push against the ME.

I read articles like the one you posted and the thing that makes me scratch my head immediately is this;

"We don't even count them as any part of any equation for Iran. During a historical phase, they (the Israelis) represent minimal disturbances that come into the picture and are then eliminated," he added.

In 2005, Ahmadinejad called Israel a "tumor" and echoed the words of the former Iranian Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, by saying that Israel should be wiped off the map.

How would they have the ability to get an actual quote from the man in one paragraph, then immediately after, they can only quote a single word from a speech and are forced to fill in the blanks on the rest? Could it be that they are banking on the fact that people reading their article will be too busy, too lazy or too uncaring to do further research? I think so. (Not saying you are any of those things. I've seen posts by you that prove otherwise, but the majority of those watching CNN, Fox News, HLN, etc. take things at face value and don't question it.)

Just my two cents.

well said, thank you

and to the others, i'm not a follower of this man, i just wish for peace.....i wish for truth...

and i'm not going to let israel just bomb and assasinate people anymore, it is our duty as Human beings that we stop this bs once and for all...

thank you

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I like these threads!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join