It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans stop hating your immigrants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
i live in canada and build houses for a living. their is barely any canadian workers, all immigrants. alot of americans have been coming to work here aswell because they are losing their jobs due to immigrants in america working for cheap. the bosses may be american but most likely the people that do physical labor are immigrants or american born with another background. Immigrants helped build the country.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

The US was not built by immigrants. That is pure nonsense. The US was built by the people who fought the revolutionary war, and founded the US government, and the vast number of them were natives, born on the land they founded, in the towns and cities they built, and the economic prosperity they built.

This is whole lot of nationalistic nonsense.

All of your guys land was stolen by you European implants. This is not your land.

You fought for it?

Hip hip hooray.

edit on 22-9-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
The US was not built by immigrants. That is pure nonsense. The US was built by the people who fought the revolutionary war, and founded the US government, and the vast number of them were natives, born on the land they founded, in the towns and cities they built, and the economic prosperity they built.

The people who settled the US centuries ago carved a nation out of the wilderness.

I am so sick of these lies people tell, mainly out of pure jealously that the countries they came from are not nearly as successful.

No Chinese, or Irish, or Poles working on the infrastructure? You're sure about that?
No Germans or Dutch settling?
No mercenaries in the revolutionary war? Absolutely sure?
Carved a nation out of the wilderness? But nearly died of starvation....
The indigenous people were treated absolutely fairly? Or was there a bit of a genocide in there somewhere.
The "people who settled the US centuries ago..." were (a) illegal immigrants, and (b) not Americans. The US was formed centuries later.
History. Read it. I love the US, but the "We're Number One" foam finger isn't as clean as some would like to think.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

This is whole lot of nationalistic nonsense.

All of your guys land was stolen by you European implants. This is not your land.

You fought for it?

Hip hip hooray.

edit on 22-9-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

everyone fought for land. this is the oldest story in the book of human civilization and it is how cultures came about and stood intact

what exactly qualifies someone as a "real " landowner?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by paganini

When the land was acquired through honest means, and not stolen through tricks or broken treaties such as things like The Trail Of Tears.

Also, if it was taken in a legitimate war, not a trumped up one.

But all land in America is stolen land by the European immigrants. It really belongs to the first peoples who lived there.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
I'm Native American....

HA if anyone is oppressed and angry it should be the Native Americans, look what we did to and continually do to them. rival i sincerely apologize to you and your people for all the abuse, starvation, murder, rape, the stealing of your land and everything i've left out. and actually now that i think about it.. aren't we technically immigrants as well? anyway.. like a broken record, i seem to say this in every thread and any topic i post in that it all boils down to money and greed so if we are to achieve any form of civility in any issue we need to get money completely out of the equation and only then will we start to see any kind of change for the better.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

When the land was acquired through honest means, and not stolen through tricks or broken treaties .

and when has this actually happened through history? Keep in mind these first people who were here were immigrants from Mongolia who cut a bloody swahtch across the country amongst each other over territory and resources

Just to give an example Montezuma lamented to Cortez that the fate that was befalling the Aztecs was essentially karma for them having taken the land from a previous people.
edit on 22-9-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

and when has this actually happened through history? Keep in mind these first people who were here were immigrants from Mongolia who cut a bloody swahtch across the country amongst each other over territory and resources

Yes, they fought each other over resources, but the point is they were here first and when they first came over, there was nobody else here.

WW II is one of the least ambiguous wars with a clear cut aggressor who was trying to take over the world for their own powers, and there were people who didn't want any of that. The aggressors used many dishonest means to acquire territory and resources, both Japan and NAzi Germany.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

but the point is they were here first and when they first came over, there was nobody else here.

That may not be true. There are some findings that suggest a paleolithic hunter gather people that dwelled in Spain may have arrived here at the same time or perhaps even before. But the point remains we have a wealth of evidence to suggest they fought and stole land from one another as well.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I'm aware of those finds, and there is no consensus on them as yet. It doesn't help matters when the tribes barge in and interfere with scientific examination of the evidence.

I'm not disputing that they fought with each other, that point is irrelevant. We were here first.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I guess you didn't watch the Republican National Convention, did you? It was practically a celebration of immigrants who have come here and acheived the American Dream. Many of their stories moved me to tears.

350 years ago, my family were immigrants. Our story isn't much different from the one Senator Rubio told, though my family fled Germany instead of Cuba. My father wore a blue collar so that someday his son could wear a white collar.

My neighborhood is full of immigrants, most of them from India. I see no hatrid toward them.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I don't know about hate,but I really think most people would just want people to come here legally instead of slipping in through a river or hiding in a truck.

If one of us does something illegal then we have to answer for it right?
Mexico has some stiff immigrant laws themselves,They really have no complaint coming to them.
Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

We were here first.

While that's well and good you previously downplayed fighting for land to claim it even though your ancestors did the exact same thing. Migrated and fought to get what they wanted. Further non ingenious people who were born here are not implants. I do not care whether im born in china. Africa or Timbuktu. If i am born that land im a native to it and it is just as much mine as it is anyone elses..

Further most natives like most blacks here haveancestry from intermarrying with whites so its a bit comical to talk about people being implants and not belonging here when the person is partially descended from the conquering people..
edit on 22-9-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

The land was stolen from people who stole the land from others who stole it from others on and on.

However the people who formed the US, who created the country where everyone wanted to live after it became a huge success, did not immigrate to the US, they created the US. There is a huge difference.

Just like the people who created all the third world nations are part of what created those messes.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

So the people who founded the US, they did nothing, they deserve no credit at all. The people who immigrated to the US after it became a successful nation deserve all the credit?

By the way, the natives that lived in the US before it became the US got a decent deal compared to how most conquered people were treated. They were not turned into slaves or wiped as happens with most conquered people. Now they are citizens of the most wealty nation on the planet. It could be a lot worse. They could have been conquered by the Spanish or the Japanese. It it hadnt been the Brits it would have been the Spanish or someone else. That was the way of the world at that time.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

And to add to that statement- real immigrants contributed to the country by following the rules and regulations of America including speaking its language. They pay their taxes and contribute to the land and social needs of America and also by building a country thru participation of being a recognized citizen and contributing their input of direct and indirect existence within that country, not by trying form another set of rules and regulations and forming another whole country within a country.

Either join us or leave us - it is that simple - then true Americans will stop the hatred.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dukesy

Yepper, don't act like conquerors, when you came to our country because our country is the land of opportunity, and your country is messed up.

I don't hate immigrants, not even those who came here illegally, I treat them fair as long as they treat me fair.

As I have stated earlier, I am tired of hearing how bad my ancestors were, and how I must hate immigratants because I want immigration restricted.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Too bad someone didn't come along 200 years ago and say "stop the hate" on my native american ancestors, coulda spared millions of my people on the Trail of Tears. Whenever i hear people bitching about the Holocaust in WWII i think about the 20 million who died in our Holocaust.
edit on 22-9-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I don't hate immigrants, but I do have problems with some of them.

Many don't want any part of the US except for the money. They don't take the time to learn the language in fact they all just take over a neighborhood put up their restaurant and business signs and don't even bother to write it in English.

I went to a community college in the Bronx and half the classes offered were in Spanish. I just don't think you should be able to earn a US degree (albeit a cc) without knowing how to speak the national language.

I love the diversity or I wouldn't live where I do. I just wish the immigrants felt the same way and took in our culture a bit more.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
We are a country.

Countries make their own laws. That is the law, the word of the people.

You dont go to anyones country and disrespect those rules of law. You crap on the people as a whole when you do that.

Why do you gotta bring hate into the equation?

We have a system for immigration- its time people start using it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join