It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans stop hating your immigrants

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
To the OP, I will tell you why I do not condone illegal immigration, particularly from Central and South America.

1. They disrespected our sovernty by crossing illegally.
2. They come here to work for a couple years, while sending all of their earnings back to their country, while Americans have to suffer with inflation caused by it.
3. They cross the border and have babies so we tax payers have to feed them with our tax money.
4. Most do not pay taxes because they are working illegally under the table.
5. The ones who are paying taxes are those who stole our social security number to get work. My deseased grandfather was one of those victims.
6. They are not willing to assimilate with us and would rather force their culture on us.
7. If your child is from a spanish speaking culture, your child gets ESOL, EEP and other plans which allows them untimed test taking and thousands of dollars worth of extra education that American children do not get.
8. We have to PRESS 1 for English!
9. Nearly 80% of prisoners in the state of California are illegal immigrants.
10. They proudly display their flags from their homes and cars while living in a country that pampers them.
11. My ex-wife's best friend illegally immigrated here from Colombia 37 years ago and only knows one word in English, "ELLO". She means hello! She told me she has no need to learn English because she only visits latin stores and markets!

I can continue on and on but the more I write, the angrier I get.I am not racist, nor am I a so called hater. My point is, if you want to live in this country, live by our rules, be willing to assimilate and follow the law concerning immigration. My great grandparents on both sides immigrated to the United States legally and applied for legal status as soon as they step off the ship in New York.

edit on 23-9-2012 by malachi777 because: word correction

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

nobody here hates immigrants as far as I know, we just don't appreciate the lawless (Illegal) ones very much...because well, they're breaking our laws.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I have zero hatred for immigrants coming into our Nation illegally. I just don't care for the criminal elemnet that comes along with some of them. I also don't want to feed them and there kids. I don't want my State going broke because of them. I don't want my National Security compromised by them. I don't want them clustering up my school system. I don't want them get a free ride in my country without doing there part. Many immagrants work hard and do indeed pay taxes but even more milk our system of many resources that Americans pay for and should be able to apply for and get. Many Americans are guilty of abusing the same system as well but no where near as bad as the immigrant population.

I welcome immigrants who bring something to the table and I welcome true reform to our immigration system so that immigrants can come here legally in a more suitable manner.

What I don't like seeing is so many States in the Union going bust for various reasons and one of them being the cost of the welfare system and immigrants are a big part of that problem. I don't like seeing teachers get laid off or firemen and law enforcement getting there benefits and hours cut due to lack of budget in many states.

There are all kinds of issues with illegal immigration and there is no direct and proper answers for or against. It's a complicated issue but one thing is for sure, if you come here illegally in the 21st century then your behind gets deported in my opinion. I say whoever is here now and law abiding and striving to become citizens and contributing to society in one way or another should remain but anyone else should get the boot. It's not as easy as I have stated it of course but that's how I feel.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Profoundly confused or ignorant OP.

America doesn't hate its immigrants.

But I do reckon that most Americans don't appreciate the fact that illegal alien criminals have flooded into this country by the millions over the past decade.

Uneducated criminals that steal jobs from Americans and cost the people and government billions upon billions of dollars.

These criminal invaders make up about ONE THIRD of the federal prison inmate population.

They have no useful skills, no education, and are nothing other than a drain on the American economy. Save me from the mindless repetition of the liberal nonsense that they "do the jobs Americans aren't willing to do." There are millions upon millions of unemployed Americans that would love to be gainfully employed in the positions filled by the criminal invaders.

These leeches are costing the American taxpayer billions of dollars.

No nation can survive when its borders and laws are disrespected on such a scale.
edit on 23-9-2012 by Spooky1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue] I don't hate anyone.

But I do dislike a system that rewards illegal immigrants by giving them medicaid, foodstamps, and free money for college.
edit on 23-9-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by randyvs

nobody here hates immigrants as far as I know, we just don't appreciate the lawless (Illegal) ones very much...because well, they're breaking our laws.

Exactly. Everyone lumps "Immigrants" and "Illegal Immigrants" into one group, which I can't help but imagine offends the legal immigrants.

I'm sure there's a lot of banjo-plucking, cousin lovin' white trash who hate any and every Mexican in the country, and people assume that's always who's speaking out against illegal immigration, and it's not. People wouldn't even mind the illegals that much if the majority of them would attempt to adapt and integrate. It's hard to sympathize with individuals who self segregate.

I can't recall if I've told this story before on here or not, but the local pizza place at the mall is staffed mostly by latino employees, and has been for as long as I've lived here (20 or so years). There is a fella who has worked there for as long as I can remember, he's been there since I was a kid. Every time it's just him, he uses variations of the same line "Hawmay help yoo." "Whakai get fyoo". Nothing else. Any time a more complicated conversation is required he has to get someone else. I've never had a conversation with the guy, which is a shame since I always chit chat with the other employees. But that's 20 years without learning the language, which is astonishing to me. Just saying, I think it's common courtesy to learn the language of your host country, especially if you are planning on making it your permanent home.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I'm an immigrant myself in America.I was classed as illegal for 10 years and busted my arse sometimes 16-18 hrs a day.But i have to say Americans have the right to complain about some immigrants.I see many immigrants that work here with papers (and i'm not talking about Mexicans)that are utterly useless and serve no purpose to better the country.
They complain day in and day out about their rights which are never violated but fail to recognize they had zero rights in the third world Cr@p hole they crawled out of.If you could see some of the people i have to work with,how slow they are,how lazy,how they do really sloppy jobs and when they are pulled in the office to answer why they did such an incompetent job they either pull out the race card,lie their arses off or play the poor little down trodden victim.
They don't love America or respect the American culture.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by paganini

When the land was acquired through honest means, and not stolen through tricks or broken treaties such as things like The Trail Of Tears.

Also, if it was taken in a legitimate war, not a trumped up one.

But all land in America is stolen land by the European immigrants. It really belongs to the first peoples who lived there.

Actually it's doesn't. God created it, owns it and gives it to whom He pleases. Right now, today, He isn't pleased with the descendants of the Christians that He gave it to. Hence, the massive immigration of non-melting immigrants, the mosques beginning to dot our land, the millions upon millions of jobs being shipped to third world countries along with most manufacturing jobs, the murders, suicides, depression, illnesses, and such plaguing us. Judgement is upon us, as promised, he'd bring our enemies who'd enslave us. Our countries debt is owned by those same foreigners who are now claiming our buildings, houses, jobs, land etc. The abomination of usury enslaves us. Whilst the descendants of Christians continue in their indoctrinated lives of sin, they moan and gripe that the blessings of our nation are being yanked away. They just can't yet connect the two. The judgements of Our God always begin at His House. Guess who we are?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

WhoKnows100,

And I am absolutely sure that our Father God is not happy with these people taking advantage of us Christian's giving and giving and them sucking the life out of our country!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
There's a problem with medical and academic funding which illegals take advantage of, and somehow they can also take advantage of other systems as well. When you have tens of millions of illegals mooching off of our nearly-dead economy, it only makes sense to be outraged because they're not contributors to the problem but rather a problem themselves.

I'm not saying illegals are bad people because well, let's face it... The majority of them are from Mexico and that's basically like Detroit, maybe worse and who would really want to live there? But patience should remain a virtue and just like the millions of legal immigrants that exist in this country, they should work towards legal citizenship which they can get. Right now they tend to cross over illegally and protest that they're not being treated well. Honestly that's pretty bad logic, it's like saying an invasion force is complaining that people aren't giving them free money or changing their ways specifically for them.

It's a strange world we live in where a lot of people just want to take but never give.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I don't hate them, I just hate supporting them... If you want to come to this country, please use the legal channels to get here... I have zero respect for those who come here illegally and bleed this country dry....

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by malachi777
reply to post by WhoKnows100

WhoKnows100,

And I am absolutely sure that our Father God is not happy with these people taking advantage of us Christian's giving and giving and them sucking the life out of our country!

not only that, but his/her statement reeked of that 'christian nation' attitude i despise so very much.
being born a jew, it makes me personally feel that i'm as unwanted as an illegal.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

not only that, but his/her statement reeked of that 'christian nation' attitude i despise so very much. being born a jew, it makes me personally feel that i'm as unwanted as an illegal.

Are you serious? Very little trash talk is allowed about Jews on this site, which is understandable.

Try being a Christian, then you'll feel some real contempt and hate.

Jews are far more likely to get moral support than a Christian, especially in certain industries.

By the way, I have nothing against Jews..(except the ones who secretly worship false Gods such as luciferians , and there are many Christians in that basket as well)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Some of us must have some hard won hate. I don't expect change out of any of you. Just remember the tenor of my OP ? Hate makes you a target.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

sorry, i wasn't trying to make it sound like my comment had anything to do with the site in particular.
just the comment, if i was hindu buddhist or whatever i would have made the same comment.
it just irks me when people try and make it sound like my nation was created for and by solely christians.
everyone should read jeffersons 'notes virginia' or many other of the founding fathers writings
in order to understand instead of just pulling out quotes out of context.

Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782 But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782 What is it men cannot be made to believe! -Thomas Jefferson to Richard Henry Lee, April 22, 1786. (on the British regarding America, but quoted here for its universal appeal.) Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear. -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 10, 1787 Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed by inserting "Jesus Christ," so that it would read "A departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion;" the insertion was rejected by the great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mohammedan, the Hindoo and Infidel of every denomination. -Thomas Jefferson, Autobiography, in reference to the Virginia Act for Religious Freedom I concur with you strictly in your opinion of the comparative merits of atheism and demonism, and really see nothing but the latter in the being worshipped by many who think themselves Christians. -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Richard Price, Jan. 8, 1789 (Richard Price had written to TJ on Oct. 26. about the harm done by religion and wrote "Would not Society be better without Such religions? Is Atheism less pernicious than Demonism?") I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent. -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Francis Hopkinson, March 13, 1789 They [the clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly; for I have sworn upon the altar of god, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. But this is all they have to fear from me: and enough, too, in their opinion. -Thomas Jefferson to Dr. Benjamin Rush, Sept. 23, 1800 Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between church and State. -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Danbury Baptist Association, CT., Jan. 1, 1802 History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes. -Thomas Jefferson to Alexander von Humboldt, Dec. 6, 1813. The whole history of these books [the Gospels] is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills. -Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Adams, January 24, 1814 Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law. -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814 In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own. -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Horatio G. Spafford, March 17, 1814 If we did a good act merely from love of God and a belief that it is pleasing to Him, whence arises the morality of the Atheist? ...Their virtue, then, must have had some other foundation than the love of God. -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Thomas Law, June 13, 1814 Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus." -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Francis Adrian Van der Kemp, 30 July, 1816 My opinion is that there would never have been an infidel, if there had never been a priest. The artificial structures they have built on the purest of all moral systems, for the purpose of deriving from it pence and power, revolts those who think for themselves, and who read in that system only what is really there. -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Mrs. Samuel H. Smith, August, 6, 1816 You say you are a Calvinist. I am not. I am of a sect by myself, as far as I know. -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Ezra Stiles Ely, June 25, 1819 As you say of yourself, I too am an Epicurian. I consider the genuine (not the imputed) doctrines of Epicurus as containing everything rational in moral philosophy which Greece and Rome have left us. -Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Short, Oct. 31, 1819 Priests...dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of daylight and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subversions of the duperies on which they live. -Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Correa de Serra, April 11, 1820 Among the sayings and discourses imputed to him [Jesus] by his biographers, I find many passages of fine imagination, correct morality, and of the most lovely benevolence; and others again of so much ignorance, so much absurdity, so much untruth, charlatanism, and imposture, as to pronounce it impossible that such contradictions should have proceeded from the same being. -Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Short, April 13, 1820 To talk of immaterial existences is to talk of nothings. To say that the human soul, angels, god, are immaterial, is to say they are nothings, or that there is no god, no angels, no soul. I cannot reason otherwise: but I believe I am supported in my creed of materialism by Locke, Tracy, and Stewart. At what age of the Christian church this heresy of immaterialism, this masked atheism, crept in, I do not know. But heresy it certainly is. -Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Adams, Aug. 15, 1820 Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind. -Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822. I can never join Calvin in addressing his god. He was indeed an Atheist, which I can never be; or rather his religion was Daemonism. If ever man worshipped a false god, he did. -Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors. -Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 It is between fifty and sixty years since I read it [the Apocalypse], and I then considered it merely the ravings of a maniac, no more worthy nor capable of explanation than the incoherences of our own nightly dreams. -Thomas Jefferson, letter to General Alexander Smyth, Jan. 17, 1825 May it be to the world, what I believe it will be, (to some parts sooner, to others later, but finally to all,) the signal of arousing men to burst the chains under which monkish ignorance and superstition had persuaded them to bind themselves, and to assume the blessings and security of self-government. All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately, by the grace of God. -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Roger C. Weightman, June 24, 1826 (in the last letter he penned)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I think many people misunderstand the position that some of us take regarding immigration. For instance, I don't hate immigrants. I hate illegal immigration. If they want to come here, they need to do it legally. I have experienced, in my family, two people attempt to gain citizenship legally, and anyone who wants to be an American needs to undergo the same process. I studied politics and shaped my beliefs as I grew up, and although I usually have more democratic leanings toward human rights, compassion for people, etc., but I firmly believe that the law comes first.

That is how it should be as well. If everyone disobeyed the laws, we wouldn't have a country to begin with. So these people who come here illegally already show that they are not material for citizenship, because they do not respect the rule of law. it is that simple really. Why would we want people here who disregard the laws the laws that apply to them and they don't like? Anyone who says any differently is just wrong, and probably also doesn't respect the rule of law. We would be just as uncivilized as some of these countries people are emigrating from if the majority of people didn't respect the rule of law. And philosophically speaking, although this doesn't apply in this case, even obeying an unjust law is the correct thing to do.

That point can be argued against, but as I said, it doesn't apply in this case because immigration laws are not unjust. They are in place to prevent from happening what is already occurring, which is a flood of illegal immigrants. And even if the arguments that immigration apologists use were true, such as they perform jobs others do not want to, etc., it would make no difference. Their actions are still illegal, plain and simple. People can whine and say the problem is with the law, but that argument has no ground to stand on. Get the law changed, and then they can come over here. Until then, they show they disrespect the rule of law, and therefore would not make good citizens to begin with. Definitely not worth our country having to go out of the way to allow them to be here at least. Now if they were respectful of our laws, then legal immigration should accommodate them, as long as they meet the other established criteria.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Americans have every right to be mad non-citizens are taking jobs, especially when most immigrants come to the USA for work then leave then come back get work and so on(of course that's not true for every immigrant). I think instead of being mad though we should welcome work and new culture and people and focus on making immigrants citizens not focusing on how their "stealing all the jobs".

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You are so right slayer! We are all immigrants, ive got just a tiny bit of native american blood running through me and I'm so proud of that,my husbands great great grandma was full native american,and that makes me proud as well,and I've got Irish and italian in me as well.
But hating on immigrants is like hating on yourself! We all come from different ethnic backgrounds, and yes sometimes I'm proud to be an American but of course sometimes I'm not, wish I was full native American but then again I would be getting screwed by our lovely government!

Oh and hate doesn't hurt anyone but yourself!!!!!!! If you have hate in your heart then you are miserable yourself and want everyone around you to be miserable as well!!!
edit on 23-9-2012 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I certainly don't hate immigrants, regardless of their status here, as a citizen, visitor, or undocumented. (As many of you know, several of our children are adopted from Latin America. ) If I were in the situation that many of the undocumented persons are in, I would probably do whatever I had to, to feed and clothe my family.
What I do despise, and I don't like the word "hate", are the politicians of BOTH PARTIES that have made these human beings pawns in a sick game of political chess. The politicians COULD have fixed the situation to the benefit of all involved, but neither party really wants to touch that third rail, and in addition, each party thinks that their stance will get them votes.Furthermore, each party blames the other for the stalemate, but neither really wants a solution.
SHAME on the politicians for their continued enslavement, in limbo, of all involved.

A Final word. HATE will only eat your up. Learn to LOVE. There, but for the grace of God, go I.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Obviously, you did not read our answers in the previous posts. Most of us stated that we did not HATE immigrants. Read and understand our thoughts. What we do hate is their lack of respect of our laws, their disrespect of our sovereignty, their sending our money back home, using our s.s. numbers to work, not paying taxes, strangling our government resources, etc... I too, am part Native American, Blackfoot to be exact. Even so, the caucasian side of my family immigrated legally and respected our great countries laws. What we are also frustrated with is the fact that you have to be bilingual to get a job these days and that is not fair. What should be asked on the application is, "Do you speak the American language"!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join