It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans stop hating your immigrants

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Thats right! They (people) call me anti social and paranoid.... i call it cautious of EVERYONE! Hate and Love is only an emotion felt by us.. or you.. The predecessor of the monkey... so they teach... I hate mexicans mostly for the fact we kicked Them out of this land during the mexican war with them... we fought for it, we won it, not stay out!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
lol funny tellin americans to stop hating

how about telling every1 else to stop hating americans

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I love calling government agencies and having to press 1 to speak english. Absolutely believe it is a good way to spend some of my time.

Relevant humor. Comedian Katt Williams argues with a heckler.

****EXPLICIT LANGUAGE (In English)****

www.youtube.com...

edit on 22-9-2012 by ILikeStars because: misspelled relevant.

" &#$@$%^ think they can live in this country and still have allegience to another country. If you love another country more than you love America, then get to steppin to that b____h." - Katt Williams
edit on 22-9-2012 by ILikeStars because: add quote from video

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrestonSpace
I don't hate immigrants, but I do have problems with some of them.

Many don't want any part of the US except for the money. They don't take the time to learn the language in fact they all just take over a neighborhood put up their restaurant and business signs and don't even bother to write it in English.

I went to a community college in the Bronx and half the classes offered were in Spanish. I just don't think you should be able to earn a US degree (albeit a cc) without knowing how to speak the national language.

I love the diversity or I wouldn't live where I do. I just wish the immigrants felt the same way and took in our culture a bit more.

Just for the sake of correctness, I must point out that the USA has no national (official) language.

(American) English is the dominant spoken and written language but is not actually the national/official language, because we don't have one.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I think you've hit the nail on the head: resent. I don't *hate* anyone at the moment. Hate is such a powerful word. But I do *resent* the crap out of a number of people, illegal aliens included. But that would be considered "hate" by some. They either don't understand the meaning of hate, or they are intentionally diluting the impact of the word in order to achieve some short term political goal. And by watering down the meaning of words, they make meaningful discussion of the issue impossible. This, I feel, is the main problem in America with the artificial division of Right and Left regarding politics.

It is beginning to feel hopeless, because without dialog, there can be no compromise, only bloody revolution.

Sigh....
edit on 23-9-2012 by LetsGoViking because: rewording

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
I don't mind immigrants here in Texas. Heck, they do the jobs we Americans won't touch like mowing lawns in 107 degree heat.
I am going to have to learn Spanish.

They don't do jobs Americans refuse to touch..that's bull# and you know it. However,I do agree with the rest of your post. I,like most Americans do not hate immigrants.I hate the ones who come here expecting US to change for them.Got news for you,it aint happening. And we as americans shouldn't let it.No other country is going to change for us. And do not learn Spanish.I refuse to.That will only encourage them to NOT learn English.You are in America so learn the language WE speak if you choose to live here.
edit on 23-9-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Why does it always come to this? "If you don't like illegal immigration, you must hate Latinos." What a bunch of bull! The simple fact is, NO country, not even the US, can absorb unlimited amounts of illegal immigrants. Right now, they are talking about "immigration reform", meaning amnesty for the roughly 30 million Latino illegal immigrants. Would they still be talking about "reform" if it was 30 million Latinos, 30 million Chinese, 30 million Russians, 30 million Indians, 30 million Iranians, 30 million Canadians, 30 million Australians, and 30 million assorted other nationalities combined?

Illegal immigration is a crime like counterfeiting. It's not so bad if a few people are doing it, but when you have millions of people doing it, the results are catastophic. It's not a matter of "hate", it's just pure math. Police can break into a home and kill everyone inside if they have a tip that there are pot plants inside, but if they try to deport illegal immigrants, that's racism?

It seems to be a common tactic. If you can't come up with a logical reason to support your argument, just accuse the other side of being racist.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
While I don't personally hate the illegals, my legal immigrant friend sure does. She has to deal with the backlash of all the anger and resentment towards illegals because many people assume she is illegal, yet receives none of the benefits. I always hear her complain how she would be better off if she had come here illegally. Truth is she is right.
That is the problem! That is what people hate.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Regarding "Illegal" immigrants.... Back around 1995 or so, I was driving through an area near my Grandparents house, just south of Dallas Tx.
I went through a green light and was hit in the ass of my truck by a red light runner.
I started to drive to an area to exchange info and stuff but they took off, so I chased them to their slum apartment.
She ran up to the door screaming and about 5 or 6 others came out, I had my mag light on my shoulder and my right hand on my pistol, in my back waist band.
It got pretty tense but then this kind black lady drove up and said she saw the whole thing and called the cops on her cell phone.
The cops showed up, I explained what happened and he took my info, then he took hers.
He came back to me and said that she was "un-documented" and didnt have a license or insurance and there was nothing he could do.
Then he left.
I was stuck with a 1000 dollar deductible to have MY insurance repair my truck because these leaches were here illegally.
True story

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
if you want to enter hell that is your choice, # is gonna go down and i would love to up and leave, but I'm to young

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I don't mind immigrants...as long as they came here LEGALLY

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I think the Op's post is silly.

I don't see anyone hating American Immigrants. I don't think anyone has a problem with legal immigrants. A problem with illegal immigrants, sure, that's understandable because they are here illegally. Many of these seek to abuse the system to send money back home which they should not be entitled to.

If they are here illegally, they are not true immigrants. There some cases such as Muslim immigrants who are here legally, that use their religious beliefs/Laws to try to justify ignoring American law and harm others. Do we hate these people? I don't think so, we hate what they do - which is a horse of another color and completely acceptable.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Spanish may be a nice language, and culture exotic, but USA is not the failing or failed states of Spain, Cuba or Mexico. English is the dominant international language in education, work and trade, and the US Constitution sacred that had allowed immigrants not just from Spain, but all over the world, to immigrate, live free and co-exist in peace successfully in economic, social progress and political terms, for 2 centuries, no mean feat in our modern civilisation since the 17th century.

I agree completely ! I mean, if man & fish can co-exist peacefully, certainly those who immigrate to the US can learn to do the same !

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

And how can you say its more pronounced when you just said you never been to the states?

I wasnt trying to say its more pronounced. I was saying how it looked from over the pond. How it is seen on TV for example. I was comparing it to the UK and asking. That is why I used question marks...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sadly, in times of economic struggle and sour times... people turn to those who are different and foreign and spew their hatred.

Hitler did a pretty job job convincing people about those evil immigrants.

edit on 23/9/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
If you're not Native American [or their descendants] then you're all immigrants [or their descendants]

Just saying is all...

PEACE.

edit on 22-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Ditto, and very recent immigrants at that. I get the impression that Australians are even worse.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by randyvs

Sadly, in times of economic struggle and sour times... people turn to those who are different and foreign and spew their hatred.

Hitler did a pretty job job convincing people about those evil immigrants.

edit on 23/9/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

Are you American? If you were I think you would see what the problem is.........sorry but the USA needs to close off its borders.I think a lot people here do NOT realize how big America is. And sorry dude, but it IS a problem. We don't need anymore people coming here.The hatred is for good reason.
edit on 23-9-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Just a short message

I'm sickened by the hate my fellow Americans. Especially the new round of volley that has been expressed time and again on these very pages. We all should realize ( yes even myself at weak moments ) that hate. Only makes us a target. All I have to say is one thing to bring down this flimsy wall of hate. The shoe could easily be on the other foot. Yes people from Mexico are still crossing our border looking to take work from real American citizens.
But that doesn't make them anything worthy of hate.

It' seems it's always been this way too.. Irish immigrants have been hated Polish, German, Dutch, French, just about every ethnic background you can think of especially people of black heritage and they can't even be classified as immigrants. I'm doing this thread as a follow up to my last one. If we don't stop the hate. Then maybe we deserve THE CRAP COMING DOWN THE PIPE. I can NOT blame the Mexican for coming here in fact I hardly ever did. I have had my moments but I always recant to say " I'd do the same exact thing if I were them ".

After all, this all seems like one grand scheme on the part of all governments involved anyway. So I put the blame and save the hate where it belongs from here on out.

Your use of "recant" and "volley" indicates you are not American but are British. "Volley" and "recant" are not commonly used in American English. American's consider "volley" when used as you used it in a sentence as being "gay". You never would find "recant" used by an American in a sentence either.

So are you paid by the British Crown to post here and pretend to be American?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Only sorry there is just one flag and one star I can give you.
It is about time someone tried to put flames of ignorance out.
If someone is on board with you shoulder to shoulder and working to make this country great - it should not matter where they are from, or that they were not from here originally. We can use them all to help make this a great nation. And of course we should remove troublemakers. I think we all agree on that. Incarcerate our own citizens and send the rest back to the country they came from if they behave criminally. Lets start some forward motion. Let's get something accomplished that we can all get behind and be proud of. Let's build something.

One reason I'd like to see (the presumably impossible for us but not for China) high speed magnetic rail train run across and throughout the nation is because it's a great opportunity for many people to get together and accomplish something historic. It would be a huge advantage to American cities, boosting economies with tourism dollars from travelers.
And what a wonderful thing for Americans to get from one side of the country to the other quickly, cheaply and safely and not have to depend on the airlines and hazards of flying.
We will see more airports and boat marinas get built (the rich use these) but public transportation and especially that high speed rail project will languish because the people it serves would be the MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS.

The rich get what they want now (airports, marinas) while the remaining 99% of America who could make use of inexpensive and efficient transportation for themselves, sit back and take what leftovers the wealthy in power think we deserve to have. Unfortunately they do not want to give somethings as basic as sidewalks and parks to budding communities, they stall to improve public transportation (what do the rich care - they don't ride the buses) so I am afraid a high speed rail is a long way from bringing a Nation of immigrants together.

Unless people get together and DEMAND it.

edit on 23-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Originally posted by randyvs
Just a short message

I'm sickened by the hate my fellow Americans. Especially the new round of volley that has been expressed time and again on these very pages. We all should realize ( yes even myself at weak moments ) that hate. Only makes us a target. All I have to say is one thing to bring down this flimsy wall of hate. The shoe could easily be on the other foot. Yes people from Mexico are still crossing our border looking to take work from real American citizens.
But that doesn't make them anything worthy of hate.

It' seems it's always been this way too.. Irish immigrants have been hated Polish, German, Dutch, French, just about every ethnic background you can think of especially people of black heritage and they can't even be classified as immigrants. I'm doing this thread as a follow up to my last one. If we don't stop the hate. Then maybe we deserve THE CRAP COMING DOWN THE PIPE. I can NOT blame the Mexican for coming here in fact I hardly ever did. I have had my moments but I always recant to say " I'd do the same exact thing if I were them ".

After all, this all seems like one grand scheme on the part of all governments involved anyway. So I put the blame and save the hate where it belongs from here on out.

Your use of "recant" and "volley" indicates you are not American but are British. "Volley" and "recant" are not commonly used in American English. American's consider "volley" when used as you used it in a sentence as being "gay". You never would find "recant" used by an American in a sentence either.

So are you paid by the British Crown to post here and pretend to be American?

Seriously, super sleuth? ...Is it only the British who are allowed to use the words recant and volley? Americans NEVER DO? Heck I have used them myself on occasion, so I guess I must be British too.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join