It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans stop hating your immigrants

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

So the rich can bring back modern day slavery.

Some immigration is good, but too much is very bad, especially for the immigrants.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

And the Aztecs were among the most brutal of conquerors throughout history.

A very high percentage of people who were among the early pioneers in the US are also descendents of the Native tribes found in America. And they got a whole lot better treatment than the natives in the countries conquered by Spain.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Even native American's, the tribes Europeans found when they arrived were immigrants at one time.

Yup and I'm sure the European Neanderthals when they saw Homo Sapiens said...

Great!

There goes the neighborhood.....
edit on 22-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yepper,, probably.

And so it goes on and on.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

A very high percentage of people who were among the early pioneers in the US are also descendents of the Native tribes found in America. And they got a whole lot better treatment than the natives in the countries conquered by Spain.

I think if we blame a race for it's level of brutality ? It's akin to apples blaming oranges for having a thicker skin. We're all capable of the ultimate in brutality. Wasn't it the Europeans who first sacrificed their children to Molek' by burning them in the belly of an iron calf. I think it was. Something unthinkable to Native Americans and Aztecs both.

And who is it really that are responsible for these over blown acts of brutality. A race ? Or politicians and their overlords.

edit on 22-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You start a thread a out how bad people in the US are hatin, trying to make us out to be the bad guys like you are any better.

I'm tired of hearing how bad my ancestors were, when the people doing the belly aching usually had ancestors who were far worse.

Molec who? Got a link? Sounds like propaganda nonsense.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I don't mind immigrants here in Texas. Heck, they do the jobs we Americans won't touch like mowing lawns in 107 degree heat.

It's when I have to play charades with them because they don't speak English that I have a problem. 'No, no ketchup on my burger'. " NO K-E-T-C-H-U-P." After the 3rd time of showing them they messed up yet again. Then they start trilling in Spanish to eachother and I get the distinct feeling they're saying something bad about me.

I am going to have to learn Spanish.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Theoratically, immigrants aren't much of a problem for big nations such as USA. America have the ability to absorb such immigrants, more so if wealth was distributed, and the immigrants would be able to contribute back to society and increase the tax revenues/GDP.

But one of the issue of immigration is IDENTITY.

Should a nation with its own identity bend backwards and conform to the immigrant's identity, culture and way of life?

It's a no brainer. Can't have the majority bending backwards for the few. Better the immigrant conform to the nation's culture, traditions, way of life and rules of law, or just simply take the first flight back.

There will be those whom will be stubborn and demand the majority bow to the immigrants way of life using the very laws of the land that they would never have in their own lands and caused them to flee and immigrate in the first place.

There is no need for discrimination or violence. Teaching the immigrant, inducing them to the majority's way of life instead, denying them any representation unless they are willing to contribute to the majority's culture, is the way forward.

Diversity of cultures are welcomed, but imported culture must not seek to be imposed upon the nation's own built up culture and way of life. Let nature take its course. Humans are not stupid. If one culture is truly good and enlightening, it will naturally win over willing converts. Force the issue and only pain and suffering will result for all.

USA is a free but secular country. Immigrants can practice whatever they want in the privacy of their homes or behind closed doors, but once in public space, they must conform and contribute to american society positively and freely. The american door is open both ways.

Example - latinoes demanding USA use spanish as a language and culture within an USA district with them in dominance should have their heads and the foolish spineless legislatives heads checked. If spanish culture was so good, they would not have left that country, this the federal govt must realise and prevent another culture from supplanting the work of the founding fathers.

Spanish may be a nice language, and culture exotic, but USA is not the failing or failed states of Spain, Cuba or Mexico. English is the dominant international language in education, work and trade, and the US Constitution sacred that had allowed immigrants not just from Spain, but all over the world, to immigrate, live free and co-exist in peace successfully in economic, social progress and political terms, for 2 centuries, no mean feat in our modern civilisation since the 17th century.
edit on 22-9-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

You start a thread a out how bad people in the US are hatin, trying to make us out to be the bad guys like you are any better.

I'm tired of hearing how bad my ancestors were, when the people doing the belly aching usually had ancestors who were far worse.

Molec who? Got a link? Sounds like propaganda nonsense.

Wow is your post ever completely off the mark.

Perhaps you missed this part. Even tho it was rendered totally obvious.

And who is it really that are responsible for these over blown acts of brutality. A race ? Or politicians and their overlords.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I can NOT blame the Mexican for coming here in fact I hardly ever did. I have had my moments but I always recant to say " I'd do the same exact thing if I were them ".

I can.
If you could always run away from problems you would never stand and face them.
Instead of fleeing to the boarder why not stay and try and improve your own country?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

reply to post by randyvs

I think if we blame a race for it's level of brutality ? It's akin to apples blaming oranges for having a thicker skin. We're all capable of the ultimate in brutality. Wasn't it the Europeans who first sacrificed their children to Molek' by burning them in the belly of an iron calf. I think it was. Something unthinkable to Native Americans and Aztecs both.

edit on 22-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

What?

Your going back several Thousand years and not even to European history with that remark but when the conquistadors showed up virgin sacrifice atop the pyramids was still a regular affair, so far from unthinkable the practice stopped in the Middle east 2500 years prior to the Mayans still doing it when the Spanish arrived.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

After all, this all seems like one grand scheme on the part of all governments involved anyway. So I put the blame and save the hate where it belongs from here on out.

America is now a foreign country in many places with white people
a minority where they once were 89% of the population.
Its not immigration.
Its an invasion.
Maybe 60 million since 1970.
With birthrates as high as 7 per female.
Its a plan by the NWO elite rich to destroy the middle class by
bringing in low IQ people who will work for less.
And the Muslims bring in the Islamic Pagan Terrorist Conspiracy to take over the world.
White people are now a minority in 10 % of US counties.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
If you're not Native American [or their descendants] then you're all immigrants [or their descendants]

Just saying is all...

PEACE.

Native Americans are Chinese...just saying....

How far back do we want to go?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by randyvs

Well if it makes you feel any better, I hate everyone: Domestic, Foreign, & Self.

My hate does not discriminate.

Star for that!

My motto is: "People SUCK! And that includes me."

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm confused...

Are we calling illegal aliens, immigrants? I think my sister in-law would be upset with that since she took 15 years to become an immigrant.

BTW Mexicans and others south of the border are hard working people. I would love to see a robust work visa program, but I think what people have an issue with is that whole "illegal" part of it..as in breaking the law...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I don't hate immigrants. Legal or illegal....

I do think that anyone coming to this country to stay should go about it the legal way and I think those that come here illegally are being unfair to those who are waiting in line and doing things by the law....

So...perhaps I have a bit less respect for those who come here illegally than those who come here legally.... But I don't hate any of them.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

I think the danger lies in thinking of all immigrants as belonging to a group. In my experience, it's very hard to dislike indivuals, while very easy to dislike groups.

Great post. S&F.

Well said, Smyle. And it's easy to dislike groups because when immigrants arrive at a new country, they tend to band together to make ghettos, thereby creating pockets of their old country (with their old laws and beliefs) instead of blending into the society they now find themselves in. No melting pot here!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Do you recognize that just because someone opposes illegal immigration, and wants to see immigration levels cut, does not mean they hate immigrants?

Do you recognize that we in the US have the right to protect our culture and speak out against excess immigration?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Easier to blame others than to look in the mirror and admit that we are the ones who stood by and helped create the mess we are now in.

Blame the immigrants!!!!

If that doesn't work, blame them again.

Peace

Well I see you have done some soul searching. Good for you.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I'm confused...

Are we calling illegal aliens, immigrants? I think my sister in-law would be upset with that since she took 15 years to become an immigrant.

BTW Mexicans and others south of the border are hard working people. I would love to see a robust work visa program, but I think what people have an issue with is that whole "illegal" part of it..as in breaking the law...

All in all they are treated well anyway. Whats a job if not a form of respect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join