It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nestlé is watching you!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wascurious

I have a problem with anyone with greater access being so lazy as to just go to the closest or easiest source.

You mean you have a habit of dismissing entire Universities based on your complete lack of ethical values and your laziness regarding researching something before spewing it out your orifices.
In terms of lazy, if you are in a University library and you are researching a project and you find said book of interest, is that being lazy?
Clearly what you meant was that said University isn't up to snuff in your view or you would never have made the remark to begin with.
edit on 22-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The article I posted also gives some common uses of rfid

High-frequency RFID tags are used in library book or bookstore tracking, pallet tracking, building access control, airline baggage tracking, and apparel item tracking. High-frequency tags are widely used in identification badges, replacing earlier magnetic stripe cards. These badges need only be held within a certain distance of the reader to authenticate the holder.
UHF RFID tags are commonly used commercially in pallet and container tracking, and truck and trailer tracking in shipping yards.

Microwave RFID tags are used in long range access control for vehicles, an example being General Motors' OnStar system.

Some toll booths, such as California's FasTrak and Illinois' I-Pass system, use RFID tags for electronic toll collection. The tags are read as vehicles pass; the information is used to debit the toll from a prepaid account. The system helps to speed traffic through toll plazas.

In January 2003, Michelin announced that it has begun testing RFID transponders embedded into tires. After a testing period that is expected to last 18 months, the manufacturer will offer RFID-enabled tires to car-makers. Their primary purpose is tire-tracking in compliance with the United States Transportation, Recall, Enhancement, Accountability and Documentation Act (TREAD Act).

I think it is helpful to know how widespread the use of rfid is becoming.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by SheopleNation

You of all people would support this Orwellian nightmare?

Of course not. I don't support the Government forcing it's citizens to do almost anything. However, I do support them forcing people to obtain a drivers license. Too many idiots on the road with them already being required no what I mean?

You think it is justifiable to start implanting chips in people?

I never said such nonsense.

It starts out with a voluntary thing, then somehow everyone is being forced, just like Obamacare. It's part of the One World Totalitarian agenda.

Yep, that's how it usually works.

You are willingly submitting to Big Brother because you think it's a superior way for parents to keep track of kids?

No, I am saying that I support freedom of choice. Everything that comes after that has absolutely nothing to do with that prior choice. The technology will be available either way. If one wishes to use it for the safety of their family, then so be it. That is their right.

Don't misunderstand my friend, we are still on the same team. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Thanks for clarifying. yah I think we are pretty much on the same side. Yes, if people want to drive a car, the driver;s license is a valuable tool. I don't care for the microchipping is all, and I don't like the idea of chips in passports either, just because I think I see where it is going and the potential for things to go bad. For instance, if one is riding the subway and someone sitting near has a hand held reader.....

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Not a very sincere apology, Karl

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I believe it would be a serious breach of ethics for the chip to come into contact with the inside of a person's gut, when it is suggested that the chip is embedded within the packaging, as that is generally where the chips are.

I don't think you read my entire post.

I was saying that there is no tiny chip involved in this promotion, nor is there any chocolate.

I think there is a GPS tracking device that is the shape and weight of a candy bar. It also must have a method to phone home. A GPS receviver, cellular network connectivity and battery, leave no room for chocolate.

I posted a video of a similar promotion in a previous post to illustrate how Nestle likely pulled this one off.

Here it is again...

OMO GPS promotion

RFID would not make any sense in this promotion, as it only works in specific scenarios where RFID receivers are present and only within meters.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I understand (thanks to the documentary SICKO by Micheal Moore) that nestle, among others such as disney, and wal-mart take out "dead pheasant policies" on their employees which means that any one of these companies take out a secret investment on each employee.

The result of them doing this is to make money off of the employees when they die, if you are a younger employee, then the more money they make off of you, if you are a healthy female, then they make even more money when you die.

Kind of makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside doesnt it.

If they are capable of this, then they are capable of anything evil.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beckzman
It clearly says that they will find you within 24 hours so all you have to do is keep the wrapper for a day and then throw it out so no one is gonna be holding on to them for weeks. its a day and thats it.

YES I KNOW AS I AM THE ONE POINTING OUT THE VERY SHORT TERM ANYONE WILL BE HOLDING THESE WRAPPERS.

I think you responded to the wrong post.

And how do we know the chip isnt actually inside the chocolate?

A lawsuit that would cripple nestle for putting something in someone's food that should not be there. We have wonderful laws about this.

They may have known people wouldnt remember and throw the wrapper away and the chip is actually in everyone and it latches to your insides before it gets dissolved in the stomach acid :L

What kind of chip does Nestle have that can be disguised in food that usually melts before or while you are eating it that then attaches to the you on the inside? I am guessing you have no idea because none of that is how this works.

The chips hidden in the chocolate would only take one person to find it to cripple Nestle with lawsuits and the kind of chips they are would pass right through you in a day.

So when we get back to reality...yet again...we realize that you people are all paranoid about the prospect of Nestle tracking up to six different sewer lines.
Why does it not worry me?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

You mean you have a habit of dismissing entire Universities based on your complete lack of ethical values and your laziness regarding researching something before spewing it out your orifices.

On the last page you said I made something up. You have never said what that is. That would mean you are lying about that.

Now you put a lot of words in my mouth and completely made up something you claim I expressed?
Again you are lying.

I also never dismissed what you offered or your school. I will give you some time to have your 14th grade tutor help you read my posts, explain to you why lying is wrong, and come back and say something that is not just your fantasy of what you want me to have posted.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Its a treasure hunt for a chip! Kids are being targeted to become familiar with the idea of chips in every day purchases. When they grow up the cashless society will be running and they will be glad to have lots and lots of chips in their cars, clothing, and food. And why not. There will probably be contests for the one with the most chips.

It'll be fun. There will be prizes. With chips in them!

Worse -- The chip IS the prize (or it directly correlates as though it were) so you have people saying to themselves "I really hope I get the chip!"

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
I don't think you read my entire post.

He does not read anyone's posts. He just responds to them. The last two pages prove that beyond all doubt.

I was saying that there is no tiny chip involved in this promotion, nor is there any chocolate.

I think there is a GPS tracking device that is the shape and weight of a candy bar. It also must have a method to phone home. A GPS receviver, cellular network connectivity and battery, leave no room for chocolate.

I posted a video of a similar promotion in a previous post to illustrate how Nestle likely pulled this one off.

Here it is again...

OMO GPS promotion

RFID would not make any sense in this promotion, as it only works in specific scenarios where RFID receivers are present and only within meters.

That being said, why is there so much confusion as to whether or not this is in the wrapper or in place of the bar itself?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

That being said, why is there so much confusion as to whether or not this is in the wrapper or in place of the bar itself?

Because most people don't understand technology.. which is perfectly understandable. But, I do enjoy people that listen to reason and I even like it when I am proven wrong.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

He does not read anyone's posts. He just responds to them. The last two pages prove that beyond all doubt.

Excuse me????And I'm not a HE thank you very much. What, you didn't think a woman would have a technical degree in computer science? It's bad enough you judged the institution which awarded me my degree based on some odd idea it has to be Ivy League to be honorable, but you had to go and call me a man in addition

Sometimes I read about half a post as sometimes all it takes is half a post to cause me to desire to post a comeback. Sometimes the way a post is worded, I just simply don't bother with half of it. Sorry, one of your last posts was like that. Then again sometimes I just miss the person's meaning, as in the other guy.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

What, you didn't think a woman would have a technical degree in computer science?

Oh lord. I am giving you a little more time.
I will be busy laughing my female ass off for a while at the inference I am sexist against women.

You really need to give up now.
This does not end well for you.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

the other guy

Hi. I'm Zarniwoop.

Can we please keep the posts relevant to the topic of the thread and avoid the personal stuff?
edit on 22-9-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

the other guy

Hi. I'm Zarniwoop.

edit on 22-9-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

Hi zarni. I originally thought they just put a small chip in the packaging, but you could be right about the gps device being the candy bar, and after looking at several different items in a search, it appears that the device is made to look like a candy bar, as it is described as having the same appearance of a regular Kit Kat.

www.popsci.com...

Thanks for playing nice.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

What, you didn't think a woman would have a technical degree in computer science?

Oh lord. I am giving you a little more time.
I will be busy laughing my female ass off for a while at the inference I am sexist against women.

You really need to give up now.
This does not end well for you.

Ok now I see the cattiness as men usually do not have that feature, although I have run across a few here. Laugh your cattaill off if it makes you feel superior. Give up what? That you made a snarky attack and you still have not shown me that you have any technical knowledge. I am still waiting for you to make any remotely technical remarks.

So go ahead and laugh, as you have continually shown me that you have no respect for anyone on this forum. You think I haven't seen you attack others in same manner? I may challenge people but it tends to be out of passion for resisting the NWO, but I think you do it out of a desire to ridicule people. My Dad used to say that some people try to raise themselves up by knocking other people down. Perhaps you just won't admit that you assumed my gender. Or maybe you just assume you are the only female on this forum.

I think you just don't want to admit you made an off color comment and an error in judgement.
edit on 23-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Thanks for playing nice.

This is my current goal on ATS. It's really hard sometimes and I have failed here and there.

P.S. Love your sig.

edit on 23-9-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

The confusion came in from articles which stated that the gps tracker is EMBEDDED IN THE CANDY BAR.

Here is one such article which states it is IN the candy bar

Here's how it works. Nestle has embedded six GPS trackers inside of various candy bars. The trackers activate once the candy bar is unwrapped, and a Nestle prize team then has 24 hours to track down the lucky recipients and award them a £10,000 prize.

www.pcmag.com...
Notice it even states that the tracker is activated when the CANDY BAR is UNWRAPPED and did I not SAY that in one of my postsl... oh wait did you READ my post where I said that?

So if there is indeed a large device bigger than the typical grain of rice sized rfid unit, embedded inside a candy bar, it may be a real chocolatey mess. If it were the size of a normal gps device it would seem it would be bigger than a candy bar. But what makes anyone think it has to be large? How big is the gps chip in your cell phone?

This article states that gps and rfid can be combined for outdoor tracking.

www.rfidc.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Also here is an article which suggests that gps can be built into just about anything, so I don't know what the obsessing over size is....maybe it's just something you do?

GPS Chips have become so small and lightweight that they can be built into almost anything. For example, they can help safely and easily track your child's location. If your child runs off, whether he was distracted by something, merely forgot to tell you they are going to a friend's house, or just got lost in a crowd. With built-in GPS tracking chips you will know where your child is at all times, using your cell phone, laptop, or other portable devices to track him or her.
GPS chips can be safely built in to a variety of personal items, including, but not limited to: bracelets, necklaces, anklets, watches, shoes, cell phones, belts, hats, and even stitched into clothing

www.rfidc.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join