It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nestlé is watching you!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Who's going to notice a tiny RFID chip in wrapper. The only thing nestle is going to find is the trash an the wrapper was thrown in.

It's not tiny, or an RFID chip, or in the wrapper.

It's a GPS device the size of a candy bar. I doubt whoever opens it will not bite into it. If they do, they'll get a big surprise.

In fact, I wonder if a metal detector would pick up the components.

Retailers could really narrow down the search.

Then why does it say...

" six chocolate bars will have a GPS chip hidden inside the wrapper; when the wrapper is taken off the bar, it will activate the chip"?
www.cnet.com.au...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JABERWOCKYSUPERFLY
I havn't read all the replies to this yet so forgive me if someone has already pointed this out, although I didnt see it in the first few posts (im using my cell, plus I should technically be working). It seems to methat alot of you are missreading the article. It says "six chocolate bars will have a GPS chip hidden inside the wrapper" so its not all the bars so I cant imagine anything sinister that only involves 6 people. Secondly by inside the wrapper I doubt they mean the wrapper itself, but inside as in the same way the candy bar is inside the wrapper. Putting a gps as thin and similiar to a wrapper doesnt seem to be a tech that nestle would have, maybe the gov but even thats a stretch to me.

here is a GPS Very small - 3.9cm*1.2cm*2.7cm Weight: only 23g
www.amazon.co.uk...

Wonder if their is even smaller. That is pretty tiny though.

Oh yeah they have the tiny tiny ones they put in pets.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I don't see the big deal, they can already track you through the chip in your car or the chip in your cell phone. What the hell are you doing anyway, let them watch paint dry. As if they have any plans to spend the money in order to chip every single person on this planet?.

The truth is, they don't have to. The $heople have already unknowingly submitted to their desires of a police state. As a matter of fact, They don't have to lift a finger because the mindless robots will fall in line all on their stupid own.

Also, I would bet that their are many parents who's children were kidnapped and murdered who would give anything to have inserted a chip into their kid, yuh think? That is one area where I do believe this technology could help prevent otherwise avoided pain, suffering and misery. Not everything fits into sinister 1984, though a lot does, just not everything is all that I am saying. Paranoia, surely will destroy yuh my friends.

People should be more concerned about the coming of World War 3, Fukushima and all the brain tumors that them and their family members are gonna get from all the radiation and wireless network signals going up their yin yang 24/7. $heople is, $heople does.

~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lillebror

certainly a possibility, probably nothing to be worried about. if you are that concerned though, just don't buy any nestle products!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

This one too but it doesn't say the size, just that its as small as a baby's fingernail which is quite tiny.
Link
edit on 21-9-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

The one they're using has to be very thin or people would be able to feel which bar has it

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This says you can track how many GPS winning wrappers are still not found.
There must be an app you install so you can aim your phone at the poster to find out.
I'm wondering what the strategy behind this means.
Wouldn't they sell more bars if people still thought they could win?

Nestle is running a two-week poster campaign to support the promotion that will see 3,000 NFC- or QR-equipped posters distributed around the country. Smartphone users can use these to check how many GPS chocolate bars are still in the wild as well as enter a smaller contest to win £10. According to PSFK, Nestle believes the new campaign will be particularly appealing to men.
Link

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I have firsthand knowledge of Nestle spying on a competitor and getting busted. They are not a standup chocolate company like they put on.

As far as the id tags, that is akin to buying a candy-bar from Google. They want to know who bought it and where they live so they can market to them more successfully. In the beginning it will be about marketing and eventually it will be used for illegal surveillance for Big Brother.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lillebror
The Bilderberg theory goes out the window..
I´ve found this:
www.yorkpress.co.uk...
It clearly states that it is a gps device that looks like a chocolate bar.
So, not every wrapper is tracked.
However, I still do believe that the Nestlé company is runned by some very bad people.

Perhaps it is just the foil "chip". Al lyou need to do is walk into just about any retail store. Then the stores servers do all the work. Buy something with a card, now they know who you are, and your address and phone number.

Or something like that. The missing part is figuring out how to match the foil "chip" with the card user... wait, don't self checkout stands have readers to inactivate once it passes by the scanners? The proximity of the foil with card use could pinpoint you. So all they have to do is somehow link your card with the foil chip... or perhaps the chip interacts with your smartphone.
This whole contest is obviously a proof of concept test.
edit on 21-9-2012 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
The one they're using has to be very thin or people would be able to feel which bar has it

I thought all the bars had one?

Otherwise this thread is an even bigger waste of space than before. You just changed it from "Nestle is getting us conditioned to carrying tracking chips cuz everyone is going to save their chocolate wrappers long after the contest is over and carry them everywhere because Nestle is hoarding water and killing Africans" to "There is one chip out there somewhere and it is worth a lot of money and after you collect you can throw it away."

What a difference you made. Thank you.
edit on 21-9-2012 by wascurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
BUT...the true secret, they will track you BECAUSE they are going to put the tracker in the candy and you will swallow it!!! It is then designed to travel through the stomach wall and into the person and ATTACH!!

What the #???????????

Don't just make crap up at me.
One of the reasons I joined ATS instead of some of the others is because I expect to be lied to less here.

Boy am I disappointed.

Seriously, if you want to respond to me in attempt to engage in fruitful discussion about something I might have said or a topic we both share an interest in, DO NOT JUST MAKE # UP.

It is really really annoying.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude
I have firsthand knowledge of Nestle spying on a competitor and getting busted. They are not a standup chocolate company like they put on.

I have to ask if you are intimating that this is something of a rare occurrence in the corporate world and Nestle actually stands out for having participated in it? I am not trying to defend the company but that like saying Nestle is very very evil, not at all the good company they pretend to be because you have first hand knowledge they pollute.

Yeah they are a scumbag company. The sell about 10 different "competing" brands of water. That is why Poland Springs has that burnt chocolatey smell. But spying on a competitor? That does not convince me they are part of a plan to have us all chipped and tracked someday for nefarious reasons.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Oh pleeease.... your paranoia is becoming borderline obsessive

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I wish they would concentrate on making their chocolate bars with less fillilng and paraffin. Their candy bars, like most others today just don't have the quality.
That being said, people who say what does it matter we are being tracked in our cars are quite naive about this. Sure they are tracking us in our cars, why don't we just let them track how many candy bars we eat too, and how many cigarettes we smoke. BIg corporations have been experimenting with rfid for a while and while it is intended as an inventory tracking device, it can also give these corporations information on it's customers that they can turn around and sell to others or just use it for their own purposes. It is invasive especially as it goes large scale.
I read the book, "Spychips" by Katherine Albrecht a few years ago and even did a school report using the book, as well as using a clip from Tom Cruise's "Minority Report". Spychips has a website.

www.spychips.com...

By the way, I found the book in the DeVry University library in case any one plans to debunk it from a technological standpoint.

And for those who think it doesn't matter now, Ms Albrecht explains that she has researched patents already filed by some corporations. Imagine your medicine cabinet snitching on the doses of medicine you are taking and alerting your doc. Also a refridgerator which tracks your milk usage. I'm not too sure I like living in a world where people can track my milk usage right from my fridge.
edit on 22-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corporate Providence
reply to post by lillebror

certainly a possibility, probably nothing to be worried about. if you are that concerned though, just don't buy any nestle products!

It isn't just going to be Nestle. Other corporations have been trying the rfid thing. If you would check the website I posted, you will find out what else is going on with this industry and how prevalent it could be in our lives if we allow it.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
By the way, I found the book in the DeVry University library in case any one plans to debunk it from a technological standpoint.

@ Devry.
Wow, you really went to the cream of the crop of education to scour the library.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

You of all people would support this Orwellian nightmare? You think it is justifiable to start implanting chips in people? It starts out with a voluntary thing, then somehow everyone is being forced, just like Obamacare. It's part of the One World Totalitarian agenda.
You are willingly submitting to Big Brother because you think it's a superior way for parents to keep track of kids?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

@ Devry.
Wow, you really went to the cream of the crop of education to scour the library.

You got a problem with DeVry? oh it's not Harvard. Snobbery will get you nowhere. You sound like all the other snobs who devalued Sarah Palin for attending different schools to get her degree.
It's a good technical school.
Well how about taking a stab at debunking the whole rfid thing? Let's see your arguments for or against? For instance, why don't you wow us with your knowledge of how many MHz a typical rfid chip will operate on? No fair peeking at Google.

Other than that, I think you have zero technical knowledge of the subject. If you do, let's have it.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wascurious

I'm waiting. You should already have your technical reply posted.

I see you still have not posted your technical response. I am inclined to think that whereas you have ridiculed me and ridiculed a technical school but have not been able to even post on this subject in the most remotely technical manner, I will consider that you may not have any knowledge of the subject at all but are merely posting fluff and looking for people to insult.

Well, that's the end of it then. You stayed just long enough to hit me over the head with a two by four and likely you have moved on to the next thread where you will hit someone else with a hit and run comment.

Good work man, good work...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

BUT...the true secret, they will track you BECAUSE they are going to put the tracker in the candy and you will swallow it!!! It is then designed to travel through the stomach wall and into the person and ATTACH!!

What the #???????????

One of the reasons I joined ATS instead of some of the others is because I expect to be lied to less here.

Boy am I disappointed.

Seriously, if you want to respond to me in attempt to engage in fruitful discussion about something I might have said or a topic we both share an interest in, DO NOT JUST MAKE # UP.

You could start by taking your own advice....just a thought.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

What the #???????????

Boy am I disappointed.

Sorrrrry thought you might have a sense of humor.....
My Mistake.
edit on 22-9-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join