It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nestlé is watching you!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

How big is the gps chip in your cell phone?

The GPS chip itself is not the issue. What good is a GPS chip if you can't transmit the data somewhere?

The method for transmitting the GPS coordinates back to a source is what makes size matter.

The cell phone is the key to size.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

How big is the gps chip in your cell phone?

The GPS chip itself is not the issue. What good is a GPS chip if you can't transmit the data somewhere?

The method for transmitting the GPS coordinates back to a source is what makes size matter.

The cell phone is the key to size.

then what is this?

GPS chips can be safely built in to a variety of personal items, including, but not limited to: bracelets, necklaces, anklets, watches, shoes, cell phones, belts, hats, and even stitched into clothing.

Does it say anywhere in that that a bracelet is the size of a cell phone?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Does it say anywhere in that that a bracelet is the size of a cell phone?

It doesn't have to be the size of a cell phone. But it does have to be much, much larger than a micro-chip to relay information back to a source.

The size of all those things you listed could not share space with a candy bar unless they were embedded in the chocolate, which would be a really bad idea.

EDIT: Your source doesn't list the dimensions of the device.

I think the smallest one I've seen that can relay GPS coordinates to a source was about the size of a box of matches or a bulky wristwatch.
edit on 23-9-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by lillebror
Hi there..
Im new here, and this is the only forum im allowed to post my findings in atm. So i hope someone will read it here since i think its of importance..
Here goes:

I just stumbled upon a little article that i think i should share with you guys. It would be interesting to know if its just me seeing things that actually are not there or if there really is more to the story than they let us know.. Anyway, Nestlé is pushing for their new campaing called "We Will Find You". The commercial can be seen here:
Nestlé 'We Will Find You'

The campaing can be easily described like this: Buy one of the chocolate bars that has an GPS chip embedded in the wrapping. When the wrapping is opened the GPS chip is activated and if you are the lucky winner Nestlé will find you within 24 hours and give you a cash prize of £10,000. Heres an article about the campaign

So they will put a GPS chip in the paper of a chocolate bar just to find some lucky guy/girl and give them the money? Personally i dont think its that simple. I have a bad feeling that they are going to use the GPS thing in some more sinister way.

I did some research on the Nestlé company, and i wasn't very surprised when i found out that the chairmain and former CEO Peter Brabeck-Lethmate en.wikipedia.org... could be found on the list of attendees at the Bilderberg meetings
(source: truthquake.com... ).

So if what some people say about the Bilderbergs are true (im thinking of the de-population of the earth thing here), then things are getting a bit scary. Could it be that they put something in the chocolate that makes us sick in someway and want the GPS thing to be able to track who and which parts of the country that have gotten "infected"? Nestlé have been trying to kill of poor people in Africa before by selling bad breast milk substitute since the early '70s. You can read more about that here:
en.wikipedia.org...

What do you guys think of this? Is it just me that is being paranoid or is there really something to look out for here? I wont be buying any Nestlé chocolate bars again, thats for sure.

And, btw, this is my first real post here and english is not my first language so if i have done any mistakes or broken any posting rules...sorry

I'm with you this sounds really bad.Let me get this straight. You open up the wrapper and activate the chip. Does the chip stay with the wrapper, or does it come in the candy bar, and you eat it, because otherwise you just toss away the wrapper and you'd be gone.How are they going to find you in 24 hours? And is there a chip in every wrapper, or just the winning one? Because if they're in every wrapper then we have a pollution problem. Chips everywhere

Oh yeah. The Bilderbergers are the least worrisome aspect of Nes'tle.

I wouldn't get to worried. Just throw out the wrapper. Unless you want a chance at the 10,000.00.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

I appreciate your point. I am more familiar with the small rfid than with the gps, but it seems that gps is coming in smaller sizes.

Some GPS tracking devices are sewn into clothing for children which provides parents a better method for keeping track on their location.
Some of these are hidden in product that is being shipped for the purpose of being able to track it and make sure that it reaches its intended destination. If it becomes stolen, it serves as a beacon for law enforcement officials for recovery purposes.

Next, the smaller the unit, the less battery consumption takes place which allows it to last longer than larger counterparts. Consider that cell phone batteries have shrunk to almost nothing, yet provide days of activity between charges. In small dedicated units the power consumption is not nearly as great a drain on the battery as are cell phones and smart phones.

www.rmtracking.com...

I also appreciate your point of gps being able to track things over a longer distance.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lillebror

Interesting.

Yeah, they've put sugar into the chocolate. Makes us sick, overweight and docile.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
This is an experiment in CONDITIONING
people to being tracked.

I don't mean "cell" tower...I don't believe you are familiar as to how RFIDs work,

I just wonder if the Smart-meters could possible act as relays ?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Watching the video advert in the OP's opening post I got the impression that only the 6 successful chocolate bars contain the tracker (like a golden ticket), in addition it repeatedly states that the device has to be activated, or in my line of thought 'powered up' with something like a phone charger to become active. To mass produce and distribute powered trackers in chocolate bars, even for a nefarious experiment would be very expensive and its not exactly something you're going to keep as disposal of the wrapper is the most likely outcome - I rarely enter confectionary competitions as they are only after selling on your address/email details etc.

If tptb really want to keep track of you they'd embed a chip at birth that contains PID (person identifiable data) under the guise of an important vacination

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I like cheese and onion chips.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I've seen them that size before, What I said was "as thin and similiar to a wrapper".

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by wascurious

Did sdomeone pee in your wheaties last night?
Curious you were just plain rude to me instead of adding something to the conversation, instead you insulted me and a University which has awarded many students technical degrees. In my thinking it was probably not even worth the retort, but I wanted to see if your ridicule had any technical merit at all, which clearly it does not.
Maybe you are just a young kid, so it never occurred to you that people spend years and money working on a degree for which you spit on because you do not value the Institution because it does not measure up to your Ivy League Standards.

Someone is awfully defensive against a lot of things I never even said. Apparently you have had to fight to convince people that your technical institute is something special before. I laughed at your laziness. I even stated that was what I was doing. You go ahead and rant about Michelle Obama if that helps.

May I remind you that some of the most evil people came out of Harvard and Yale. Did you know that Bush and Kerry both graduated from Yale and were both members of Skull and Bones? And we all know that Obama is Harvard and Michelle is Princeton.
It's all in perspective I guess.

I never addressed good or evil, either.

You lie a lot. To me that is evil no matter what technical institute you are still working on a degree from.

Now on topic, what ideas do you have regarding the Nestle rfid chip embedded in candy wrappers, which is being promoted to the general pubic as a kind of prize award? Or instead of insulting me, maybe you could check out the Spychips website or even read the book, and then comment about whether the rfid mayhem is of true value to society.

I have actually already provided all of this and more in many many posts in this thread. Did you miss them? I am not going to start over just for you.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I thought it would be helpful for people to have a basic understanding of rfid components.

It would probably be more helpful for you to understand these are not purported to be RFID chips and RFID chips would be piss poor in helping Nestle find you and your wrapper.

Do they teach you at your technical institute that different things are different from each other?
edit on 23-9-2012 by wascurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

You mean you have a habit of dismissing entire Universities based on your complete lack of ethical values and your laziness regarding researching something before spewing it out your orifices.

Interesting attempt at a personal attack.
Failed but interesting.

In terms of lazy, if you are in a University library and you are researching a project and you find said book of interest, is that being lazy?

If you are also on the internet with access to bigger libraries and better books, kind of.

Clearly what you meant was that said University isn't up to snuff in your view or you would never have made the remark to begin with.
edit on 22-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

I did laugh, didn't I?
Maybe it was the word "University" being parodied by your school that made me chuckle.
Devry is a University and Obama was a professor.

Why are you spending so much time off topic, ranting about your school? I have replied to you ON TOPIC in many posts you have yet to respond to.

I am interested in the topic at hand, not your school spirit.

Can you find the topic or do you need a map, flashlight, and guide?
edit on 23-9-2012 by wascurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

That being said, why is there so much confusion as to whether or not this is in the wrapper or in place of the bar itself?

Because most people don't understand technology.. which is perfectly understandable. But, I do enjoy people that listen to reason and I even like it when I am proven wrong.

This has nothing to do with what you or anyone else understands.
There is only one true narrative here.
I want to know which one it is.

You and 3rdeyeblind can pretend to be experts on anything, you can both be experts on anything. How does that alter the reality of what Nestle is doing?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Sometimes I read about half a post as sometimes all it takes is half a post to cause me to desire to post a comeback. Sometimes the way a post is worded, I just simply don't bother with half of it. Sorry, one of your last posts was like that. Then again sometimes I just miss the person's meaning, as in the other guy.

So the reason your responses are so ignorant is because you do not read what you respond to

Just like I said?
And you are bragging about it?
Well you sound low information because you are and at least you can admit it.

I see no point in responding to you then if you are just going to hit reply without reading.
So far it has just made you look really stupid.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Ok now I see the cattiness as men usually do not have that feature, although I have run across a few here.

First you call me sexist, then you demean women.

Anyone that wants to discuss the topic

Nestlé is watching you!

Please get in the way here.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I'm not giving you any more attention except to tell you that I am not giving you the time of day. It's a waste of my precious time and energy.
But do carry on with the childish pot shots and behavior if you must.

But in the words of my Dad's favorite poet Robbie Burns

O wad some Power the giftie gie us To see oursels as ithers see us!

quotations.about.com...

Happy Sunday

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The confusion came in from articles which stated that the gps tracker is EMBEDDED IN THE CANDY BAR.

Here is one such article which states it is IN the candy bar

Here's how it works. Nestle has embedded six GPS trackers inside of various candy bars. The trackers activate once the candy bar is unwrapped, and a Nestle prize team then has 24 hours to track down the lucky recipients and award them a £10,000 prize.

What is confusing about that? That is one clear statement? That one confused you?

www.pcmag.com...
Notice it even states that the tracker is activated when the CANDY BAR is UNWRAPPED and did I not SAY that in one of my postsl... oh wait did you READ my post where I said that?

Yeah but you are not the only posting on this thread. I read other people's posts too. Some contradict you. Some of your own contradict you.

What do you think you are clearing up here?

So if there is indeed a large device bigger than the typical grain of rice sized rfid unit, embedded inside a candy bar, it may be a real chocolatey mess. If it were the size of a normal gps device it would seem it would be bigger than a candy bar. But what makes anyone think it has to be large? How big is the gps chip in your cell phone?

This article states that gps and rfid can be combined for outdoor tracking.

www.rfidc.com...

That helped nothing and I have no idea why you keep bringing up RFID chips other than that is something you know about and want to seem knowledgeable.

I am really only interested in this topic. There seem to be contradictory statements about the size of this device and how it is hidden...you know from all posters in this thread not just you.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Also here is an article which suggests that gps can be built into just about anything, so I don't know what the obsessing over size is....maybe it's just something you do?

I have barely mentioned size. You and other posters are going on about size. I simply asked why no one between you can reach a consensus. Your projection is quite telling though.

How about you write one post without personal attacks in it?
Can you?

Sorry about your size issues btw.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

That helped nothing and I have no idea why you keep bringing up RFID chips other than that is something you know about and want to seem knowledgeable.

In case you didn't read the whole thread, a lot of people were talking about rfid, and I admit I posted before I read the articles anyway. You have not been able to see the bigger context of the issue, which is the use of tracking devices, whether rfid or gps, or a combination thereof, and all you are doing is trying to smite me with some kind of petty semantics.
We have not even been given the actual parameters of the device at hand except that it is a gps device and embedded in the candy bar, and no other real information has been given. Everything else is speculation, but I have proven that the device doesn't have to be the size of a cell phone.
As I said I am not giving you or your petty &^%* the time of day. I am trying to be decent about it, but you refuse to stop with the petty attacks. You are doing the same thing to others on different threads, even to people who agreed with you on points, so I know this isn't about me, but about your need to ridicule and humiliate people over NOTHING. So get this straight, I don't need your approval, or anyone else's here.

Again good day(being nice here).
edit on 23-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join