It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Cleric Pummeled by ‘Badly Covered’ Woman After Warning

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I hope she bruised more than his ego.

Muslim men seem infantile in that they blame women because they can not control their own lustful urges.

A pox on all of them!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Good for her.

I'd like to see thousands of women riot and beat up men in retaliation for the bs modesty rules/.

i'm sorry, but I really don't understand this attitude "I can't control myself so I must control you". It's a bunch of crap.

You control yourself.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

In the USA women are free to wear what they want. If a woman shows an ankle or a wrist, they are not in danger of being dragged off to prison to be tortured and raped. The women there are used to seeing abuse and they know it could happen at any time. However, the women here generally aren't treated like subhumans, like happens over in Iran. Therefore, a woman here wouldn't react like that Iranian woman would have. A woman here would probably just tell off the man who was trying to control her, whereas a woman in Iran has to fight for her life.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Apples and oranges!

You can not win this argument.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
On behalf of all sane heterosexual men out there, I would like to commend all the "Badly Covered" women out there.

As an aside, are we supposed to alter our free speech laws so as not to offend people that want to beat a woman for walking around "badly covered?" If someone is insulted by something so trivial as a woman's naked ankle or knee, how am I supposed to go about my life without insulting them.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

very good point, but the OP will find a lame excuse to disagree with you because she also thinks that american prisons = holiday resorts where things such as rape, killing, and harassment only happen in Iranian prisons, and only to women

No one said American prisons are a great time, just that Irans are worse.

this lady cares so much about the Iranian women rights for some reason while african women are starving to death, when thai girls are forced into prostitution, when indian women work as slaves, and combined they live in the worst oppression; which makes me ask the question, does the OP really care about muslim women/or women in general or shes just pushing an anti-islamic, and a feminist agenda? i go with the latter

Im having a very hard time not calling you names here. This thread is about Iran, why would we talk about prostitution in the Philipines? Your trying to deflect the issue and not doing a good job of it. You have no reason at all to think the OP doesnt care about those people as well, it simply isnt the topic at hand. Hell, id assume he cares a hell of a lot more than you do, you seem to have problems with women standing up for their rights. Or more correctly, what SHOULD be their rights.

grow up OP, without men you equal to nothing, and without women; men would cease to exist

But then why do you always take men side, or the side of oppressive Islamic regimes?

edit on 20-9-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
There are some good rules in Islam and some good ideals. Every religion exists for a reason. If Islam were just a way of controlling women, it wouldn't have become any more popular than other forms of controlling women.

If it were just a military dictatorship of the spirit, it wouldn't have lasted longer than any other dictatorship.

Also, there are differences in day to day observances that have nothing to do with Islam, as Islam. Iranian dress codes are not observed in all Muslim countries, much less Saudi dress codes.

Clerics in any religion can get out of hand. Zealots and extremists exist in every religion.

I'm not very familiar with life among Islamic people. The ones I have met appear, to me, much like myself.

However, if one looks at the Koran it is possible to find passages that seem "dated". One can find such passages in the Bible too. One gets the impression that ownership of slaves is permitted in Islam. I don't know if such passages are accepted literally by Muslims or whether slaves are interpreted as "dependants".

Some Muslims seem to interpret the Koran without interpretation, i.e., literally. I can see where that might cause navigation problems for some Muslim demonstrators. I don't know if there is a consensus on this sort of thing in Islam.

Do Muslims need some kind of conference to come to agreement on certain interpretations? If the Koran implies approval of ownership of slaves does that mean that slave ownership comes under provisions of Sharia Law? or that laws against slave ownership are a blasphemy against Islam?

These are thorny questions. Difficult as they are, surely they must be answered in an interconnected world.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

grow up OP,

Right back atchya.
Poor deflection attempt on your part.
Again .. I am not the subject of this thread.

The fact that a woman in Iran was brave enough to pummel an idiot who wouldn't mind his own business about how she was dressed .. THAT is the subject. The FACT that women are treated horribly in Iran is the reason she reacted as she did ... THAT is the subject.

Facts are facts. Truth is truth. Women in Iran are treated horribly. No amount of deflection on your part .. and no amount of you calling her a 'whore' or a 'man stealer' simply because she probably didn't have her ankles covered is going to change the facts of this story. This woman is a HERO. Welcome to 2012 AD.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Iran has her

We have sandra Fluke

For crying outloud.

Good for her.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

No one said American prisons are a great time, just that Irans are worse.

I am not picking on you specifically because many are saying it, just quoting your comment for effect.

But how the hell does anyone here know what Iran's prison system is like, especially the female detention side?
Is there some sort of evidence to back up these claims or is it entirely made up?

I am fairly certain that it's relative to which criteria we apply.
For example if we go with prison population per capita, America probably has the worst prisons because we incarcerate far more people for petty crimes. Maybe, but I don't really know for sure.

Problem here is no one provides proof of any of these claims. Just opinions and unfounded claims. I will have to just exercise extreme caution before believing in anything that has no evidence what-so-ever available for me to review to use as a comparison factor to say which nation is better on which specific criteria.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I just don't understand how a group of people could treat their woman so badly. I mean do they seriously not know how they even came into the world? I hope this incident takes fire and spreads throughout their female population. A woman has as much right to what she wants to do in this world as some guy. They brought the males into this world, where do the males get off treating them so?

I know it's a worthless rant but thought i had to get it out there.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
This woman is a HERO. Welcome to 2012 AD.

So attacking people for speaking their opinion is heroic?

And this causes you to celebrate the 'modern predicament'?

I don't know about you, but I was hoping peaceful solutions would be the way forward.
Instead here we are condoning violence and unlawful reprisals against free speech?

I don't care if it was in Iran, China, or Florida. Doesn't matter.
What matters are principles.

And if you are happy about this incident, than you are either unprincipled or willing to forgo your American Constitutional principles in order to achieve victory over your supposed geopolitical rivals. Neither of those alternatives appear acceptable nor do they appear to represent American founding principles.

Are you really willing to allow your anger, your negative reactions and emotions within your heart to push you over to the side of a violence promoter against free speech human rights?

No excuses are acceptable, the only thing that is acceptable is to take the side of free speech over the side of violence. All violence condoning routes against human rights will be identified, undermined, disabled, and routed.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Good for her.

I'd like to see thousands of women riot and beat up men in retaliation for the bs modesty rules/.

i'm sorry, but I really don't understand this attitude "I can't control myself so I must control you". It's a bunch of crap.

You control yourself.

They are controlling themselves, problem is that violence (or threats of violence) is one of the only ways to actually have real physical control over others.

For example, many cite the extremely strict and potentially inhumane methods of punishment women are subjected to in these territories as a result of them expressing their human rights.

But on the other hand, we cannot condone or justify these exact cowardly acts of violence simply because it goes against yesterday's alleged violence purveyors.

In the quest to uphold a standard of human rights and abolition of violence, one must point out that this woman used violence to punish and control another human simply for a comment (or a few comments), as reprehensible as they may seem.

Here in the USA, we Constitutional minded folks do not condone violence against people who talk trash all day long. A great example would be radical extremist groups like the KKK or Neo-Nazis, which are little different from that of radical proponents of Islam or Communism or whatever political ideology.

Everyone on Earth has a right to speak their religious, cultural, and political opinions.
But no one has a right to initiate offense oriented violent acts against those who speak their minds.
Defensive violence is however condoned because it is the only really effective means of turning the tables in a extreme situation and protecting those who exercise their rights.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This Iranian Cleric is Ignorant.

True human males know that the less covered female is sought after. I really think Iranian clerics are in denial and are living a false life.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Sweet!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
So attacking people for speaking their opinion is heroic?

No, however standing up for your rights, when you know you could be put to death for it, is.

I don't know about you, but I was hoping peaceful solutions would be the way forward.
Instead here we are condoning violence and unlawful reprisals against free speech?

Violence has been committed time and time again on these poor women. While i do not condone violence, it has been a catalyst to positive change in the past. These poor women are so oppressed with no sign of change in sight.

If you suggest a peaceful solution to these womens woes, why not list what you would like do to help then rather than berate us for praising her courage and spirit?

I don't care if it was in Iran, China, or Florida. Doesn't matter.
What matters are principles.

And forcing your women to cover themselves head to toe under the threat of physical violence or death are not principles i want to live by, nor would ask anyone to live by.

And if you are happy about this incident, than you are either unprincipled or willing to forgo your American Constitutional principles in order to achieve victory over your supposed geopolitical rivals.

This line is the biggest load in your post. If you remember correctly, America became a country through violence when they kicked the British the hell out. How? War. Playing on people heart-strings through patrotism. Oldest trick in the book, shame on you. Especially when you are wrong.

Neither of those alternatives appear acceptable nor do they appear to represent American founding principles.

Again, see my point above. America was founded on violence, as was just about every country on earth.

Are you really willing to allow your anger, your negative reactions and emotions within your heart to push you over to the side of a violence promoter against free speech human rights?

Oh puhleese. Im the first one to stand behind free speech. But these poor women have been oppressed for so long. Furthermore, how can you defend his right to free speech when these women cannot speak their mind without fear of reprisal? They cannot dress as they choose, and so on. You defend his right to free speech but refuse to defend her right to be a person and do as she chooses.

No excuses are acceptable, the only thing that is acceptable is to take the side of free speech over the side of violence. All violence condoning routes against human rights will be identified, undermined, disabled, and routed.

And we all know what happens when people try and effect change in Iran through peaceful means, right? Or do i have to remind you of the sham of an election there? When the good people of Iran came into the streets to protest, and they were met with violence from the Basij. Beaten, shot, raped and detained without trial. Yeah, we know how human rights work in Iran.

You really make me lose faith in humanity when you see a women who has had enough of persecution and lashes out at one of her oppressors and she is the one you blame. I suppose you hope she is caught and punished?
edit on 21-9-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

she is a true follower of the western system, use violence to get things done. much like world war 1 and 2...

You must be joking! The "Western System uses violence to get things done"... right... have you been watching the news lately? All I see are barbarians in the Middle East killing and rioting over a home made video they haven't even watched. Fundamentalist Islam is the core source of violence and evil, followed closely by bigots in Christian and Jewish sects. Don't take my word for it, simply read the books (yes books, it is more than one book that serve as the basis for Islamic teachings, not just the Qur'an).

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This might inspire courage in other women like her to do the same. I hope so.

All it takes is for one person to start the ball rolling.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Here in the USA, we Constitutional minded folks do not condone violence against people who talk trash all day long.

I hate this attitude.

This so reeks of "I can say anything I want to hurt you but you can't retaliate against me so the only thing you can do is sit down and take and we do not have to give a damn about hurting your feelings because your feelings mean absolutely nothing to us" crap. This we believe in the Constitution is just a deflection so some people can hurt other people without retaliation.

I've heard enough stories where a person gets antagonized all to hell and back, then when they retaliate, they get get in trouble and get told that there's something wrong with them, they have anger issues, so on and so forth. Then they get sent to jail or to psychiatric institution all because the other person was just exercising their freedom of speech.

And this absolutely sickens me.

It is not okay to hurt people, and they're just words to you, but words have power. There is such a thing as mental abuse, and that's what these kinds of words do, they emotionally and mentally abuse people.

I'll never understand this attitude, ever, and believe that a person has every right to physically retaliate against someone who has been antagonizing them, sometimes for months or even years.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join