It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Cleric Pummeled by ‘Badly Covered’ Woman After Warning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Rizor better you should be blinded so you don't have to look at women.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I like a woman in uniform............mmmnnnnn...I can see her wrists!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
You have to wonder what would happen if any of the woman got caught, any suggestions? I’m sure it wouldn’t be pretty…

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by RizeorDie
she attacked a man who was simply advising her not to look like a whore

1 - Having an ankle or a wrist showing is not 'looking like a whore' .. no matter what the ignorant men of the Iranian 'morals police' say. The article didn't say how she was dressed, but considering it's Iran that we are talking about, it's no telling what exactly this cleric found to be considered 'badly covered'. A simple wrist showing can get a woman a beating over there. :shk:

2 - She was correct .. if that cleric didn't like the fact that she wasn't covered up to his misogynistic standards, HE should have covered HIS eyes. It's his problem .. not hers. HE should have minded his own business.

i bet she listens to lady gaga and madonna on her cd player.

1 - I bet she doesn't listen to Madonna because Madonna is passe.
2 - If she listens to Lady Gaga then she shows good taste in her rock music selection.
3 - Listening to Madonna or Lady Gaga doesn't make a woman a whore.

- I bet she doesn't listen to Madonna because Madonna is passe.
2 - If she listens to Lady Gaga then she shows good taste in her rock music selection.
3 - Listening to Madonna or Lady Gaga doesn't make a woman a whore.
I bet my bottom dollar she was listening to Ofra Haza...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Well it does get things done.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

No he's just stupid

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by mideast
I haven't heard about it

But there are women polices who talk with the women who are not respecting our constitution.

So is that a picture of the women police or those not respecting the constitution? How come it isn't the same regulations for men? Don't the women lust after the men too, or is it just a one way lust?

Lust is after men , too.

And men are treated by police men.

I didn't put picture of men , because it wasn't related to the thread

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
but then the minute this same girl flirts/steals away one of the womens boyfriends/husbands they be like 'why is she dressed like that omg what an attention wh....'

1st - admit that you were wrong about Iranian prisons .. as I showed earlier with links.

2nd - admit that you were wrong about women being dressed as 'whores' when the 'morals police' dragged them off to be beaten and jailed. All they had showing were ankles. I gave video proof.

3rd - admit that you are wrong .. that if a woman listens to Madonna or Lady Gaga that doesn't make her a 'whore'.

4th - You really ought to stop calling women 'whores' if they have their ankles or wrists showing. Ankles showing does't make someone a man stealing whore. That's just absurd.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
You have to wonder what would happen if any of the woman got caught, any suggestions? I’m sure it wouldn’t be pretty…

I gave links previously showing what happens in Iranian prisons and what happens to women.
It's a misogynistic torture chamber in those prisons .. all because a woman dares to show
an ankle or a wrist.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hmm, i am not sure how much i believe this story to be honest. I really want it to be true but a huge part of me is screaming "never happened". Not sure why but i think it more likely that this is an obscure cleric from a rural area trying to make a point (in his head). Lets face it, if this was really true this woman would have been stoned to death already.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Do they even know who she is? If she was dressed like one of those women pictured, head to toe in black fabric, now could she be identified? Ironically, those outfits might be the key to their liberation. It's kind of like the "V" mask. They could be the "Anonymous" of their culture.

I hope someday they all get their freedom to dress as they see fit. And I hope we women in the west also stop being beholden to the "fashion police" ourselves and dress in what makes us comfortable instead of what is fashionable. Any woman who has been forced by workplace expectations to wear full face makeup and heels and shortish skirts even though their job requirements or climate make such dress uncomfortable or impractical would know we in the west may not actually be as truly free as we'd like to think we are.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
reply to post by Flavian

Do they even know who she is? If she was dressed like one of those women pictured, head to toe in black fabric, now could she be identified? Ironically, those outfits might be the key to their liberation. It's kind of like the "V" mask. They could be the "Anonymous" of their culture.

I hope someday they all get their freedom to dress as they see fit. And I hope we women in the west also stop being beholden to the "fashion police" ourselves and dress in what makes us comfortable instead of what is fashionable. Any woman who has been forced by workplace expectations to wear full face makeup and heels and shortish skirts even though their job requirements or climate make such dress uncomfortable or impractical would know we in the west may not actually be as truly free as we'd like to think we are.

Totally agree with your second paragraph. With the first though, it was a cleric in Iran. If someone attacked him, the local community would be trying to find the culprit. In point of fact, they would be trying VERY hard to find the lady in question. I hope it did happen but i just don't believe it.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaesDaemar

She was PROTECTING HERSELF against the ignorant cleric.

Did the cleric threaten her safety, while I agree it is good that she stood up for herself, is this really the answer? Are you advocating violence against anyone that disagrees with you?

Her act will most likely result in women being beaten in reprisal.

I'm sorry, but any repression of any woman is massive crimes against all humanity. It harms women, children and distorts and corrupts men. The misogyny distorts and corrupts and harms little boys and men too.

I would never have allowed IMAMs to move in and boss people around. The minute this crapola ever started, Organized Gangs of Women, Wearing Whatever They Wanted, Cutoffs and Tank Tops, Would Walk Carrying HUGE CLUBS AND BEAR SPRAY, WITH GAS MASKS IN THEIR PACKS.

NEVER ALLOW THIS CRAPOLA!

And I want to see a huge uprising of women and real men, for you know the misygony kind are not real men, but pathetic bullies.

We'd declare it blue jean cuttoff day, and carry huge clubs.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

you dont give a damn about iranian women, not a single cent. But you are Anti-Islam and a feminist, so you start this thread. 2 birds one stone. Dont deny this, your post history can vouch for me

I am not wrong, but how pathetic that you have already picked a side with someone that did something 6000miles away and you dont even know the full story and you will probably never know, not until you go to Iran and talk to both sides. Maybe the girl is causing problems to the community because of her dress code, maybe not, we dont know.

also i can sense a bit of crying and moaning in your post, please, relax. this conversation aint gonna change the way women are treated in Iran, so dont get stressed about it too much
edit on Thu Sep 20 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Sounds like you have had some awful breakups...or are you just an Iranian government defender til the end? I don't understand your logic even if you compare western and eastern cultural habits. This woman stood up to what she thought was an insult to her and her dignity. Not to mention he is a man that got beat up by a woman....embarrassing. maybe she was one of the ninja Iranian woman I heard about.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What was she doing outside of the kitchen anyway?

/sarcasm

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

My posting history is just fine. Yours, however .. not so much .. as evidenced on this thread.
I am not the subject of this discussion. Try to get on topic.

The subject is this .... A woman in Iran pummeled a muslim cleric who didn't mind his own business and who tried to bully her. The facts (and I posted a ton of facts with links), show that women in Iran are often abused and are mistreated on a regular basis by misogynistic men. Women are thrown in prison for having ankles or wrists showing. The prisons are full of torture and rape.

This brave woman was even abused long distance .. on this thread ... with a certain poster calling her a whore multiple times ...

I stand by my statement. She is brave to fight back against the abuse. And hopefully the cleric will learn something from this and he might be able to become a better person for it.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Actually if this happened in the USA, he would have the right to press charges on her for assault and battery.
Because telling someone randomly on the street they should dress differently is actually a protected free speech right. But attacking someone physically for their opinion is not a right, it's a wrong.

I know it didn't happen here so it doesn't matter, but just some perspective about how it would have went down in the USA. I think the reason we don't see that happening here much is because most men request the women do the opposite of what this 'cleric' suggested.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS. Trolls are welcome as always, but never taken seriously. Remember, obvious troll is obvious.

Have a good day.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join