It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Cleric Pummeled by ‘Badly Covered’ Woman After Warning

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I love this story! Good for this woman!

Iran Cleric Pummeled by ‘Badly Covered’ Woman After Warning

An Iranian cleric said he was beaten by a woman in the northern province of Semnan after giving her a warning for being “badly covered,” the state-run Mehr news agency reported.

Hojatoleslam Ali Beheshti said he encountered the woman in the street while on his way to the mosque in the town of Shahmirzad, and asked her to cover herself up, to which she replied “you, cover your eyes,” according to Mehr. The cleric repeated his warning, which he said prompted her to insult and push him.

“I fell on my back on the floor,” Beheshti said in the report. “I don’t know what happened after that, all I could feel was the kicks of this woman who was insulting me and attacking me.”

Maybe this cleric will understand a bit better how wrong it is for men to run around Iran and be 'morals police' .. beating up women and hospitalizing them. He got a taste of what they go through. Maybe it'll make him a better person.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Don't hold your breath, they'll probably take it out on more women in the area to prove they are better than them

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well done this woman for sticking up for her rights to do as she pleases and not be intimidated by a follower of a controlling evil cult that thinks it can tell the world what to do.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I haven't heard about it

But there are women polices who talk with the women who are not respecting our constitution.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

You go girl!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I'm assuming that this means that she was not dressed modestly enough?

In which case, I am very much in favor of "badly covered women".

edit on 19-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
she is a true follower of the western system, use violence to get things done. much like world war 1 and 2...

+38 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
she is a true follower of the western system, use violence to get things done. much like world war 1 and 2...

right...because islamic rulers DON'T use violence to enforce their religous beliefs....geez, are you that naive?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

You incite violence with your assault, why the surprise when it is done? She follows the laws of nature.

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

She was PROTECTING HERSELF against the ignorant cleric.

And if you want to point fingers at 'violence to get things done' you should be looking at the ignorant 'morals police' that run around beating up women who dare to show an ankle or a wrist. And you should be looking at the radical muslims around the world who are rioting and killing people all (supposedly) because they don't like a film that was on the internet.

THAT is 'violence to get things done'.

Not a woman who is protecting herself from the misogynistic ignorance of a muslim cleric. She probably got treated poorly and talked down to one too many times ... and decided to push back. Again .. I say KUDOS to her for standing up for herself.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

This'll be front ATS before to long.

Good for her! I'm wondering when the rest of the Islamic/Christian/Jewish...ad homin women will stand up and do the same.

I grew up with five sisters and I'm the only male...they are not the weaker sex....only when they want to be.

Ya know, a woman scorned and all that.
edit on 19-9-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

To be so horrifically weak of faith that the sight of an improperly clothed female would destroy the Presence of God in your heart, maybe then it's not the presence of God in the first place. The true Presence holds power that cannot be dislodged even if you want to. There is no "off switch" for the true Presence of Providence.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
She deserved the scorn.
She shouldnt have been out exposing her ankles in the manner!

/Sarcasm
edit on 19-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Whats he looking for? Sympathy? Too bad. Thats what you get for treating women like crap and telling them they are inferior to men. I just wish she had beaten him into a nice hospital stay.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
They'll prob. make an example of her......stoning or some other thing.

Run lady!!!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
One must stand up for her rights.

Sad that she will likely be killed for this.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

I am concerned for her safety. Her name is known (pretty sure). And considering how they treat women over there it wouldn't surprise me if she went missing into one of those notorious Iranian jails that are full of torture ... I do fear for her.
edit on 9/19/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
she attacked a man who was simply advising her not to look like a whore

obviously she is not raised up to the true standards of a free women, she is westernised, i bet she listens to lady gaga and madonna on her cd player.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

she attacked a man who was simply advising her not to look like a whore

1 - Having an ankle or a wrist showing is not 'looking like a whore' .. no matter what the ignorant men of the Iranian 'morals police' say. The article didn't say how she was dressed, but considering it's Iran that we are talking about, it's no telling what exactly this cleric found to be considered 'badly covered'. A simple wrist showing can get a woman a beating over there. :shk:

2 - She was correct .. if that cleric didn't like the fact that she wasn't covered up to his misogynistic standards, HE should have covered HIS eyes. It's his problem .. not hers. HE should have minded his own business.

i bet she listens to lady gaga and madonna on her cd player.

1 - I bet she doesn't listen to Madonna because Madonna is passe.
2 - If she listens to Lady Gaga then she shows good taste in her rock music selection.
3 - Listening to Madonna or Lady Gaga doesn't make a woman a whore.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

I am concerned for her safety. Her name is known (pretty sure). And considering how they treat women over there it wouldn't surprise me if she went missing into one of those notorious Iranian jails that are full of torture ... I do fear for her.
edit on 9/19/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

yes, because you have been inside those iranian jails and you got tortured there

what a joke

you should be more concerned for thai girls working as prostitutes, o feminist one

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join