It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maryland Residents Are Sick of Being Spied On And Are Tearing Down Police Cameras

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Maryland is a rebel state ya know.
This is expected, lol. Being in Maryland now, I can definitely say things have progressed into being more than a nuisance. Some police officers now are definitely taking their "duties" to the extreme on matters even considered to be personal, turned into a lie, framing the victim. Officers around my area now act like God's. attempting to arrest anyone, for a wrong word or look. It's very unsettling also, seeing how the people just cower and keep going along, not fighting back. I say what I want to say to them because I know the law. I look them into their eyes and they tremble. They're used to people cowering.. looking away. Everyone needs to act accordingly, intelligently in whatever situation it may be with, Government or police, be it speed cameras or otherwise. As far as the speed cameras go, It definitely isn't about the speeding. This is an opening test for bigger things to come, it's already mapped out. I see a lot of people on here stating how this is all for revenue. Well, it's about revenue yes, amongst other things. If none of this makes sense, I apologize wholeheartedly. It is 5:15AM just reading this & I just wanted to say something before I carried on my day.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

No one likes living in a police state where your every movement is tracked/recorded...

HYPERBOLE, as every move is NOT tracked/recorded, but it is clear there are some people whose every moves DOES need to be watched.

Obviously the local residents are unhappy and are taking a stand, perhaps the local authorities should pay attention to the unhapiness(sic) caused by this type of surveillance.

These people would likely be unhappy no matter the circumstance. If life gives you lemons, make some lemonade. Life is 99 percent ATTITUDE!

One man literally pulled out a pistol and used the camera for target practice.

This is an example. The man needs to be thrown into prison for endangering the public.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by goochball

Originally posted by Legion2024
Only those that are in to crime are having the issues. Don't do crime. Btw it is a criminal act in destroying these camera's so that speaks for it self. Nothing but common criminals that are destroying the camera's, and the tax payer will have to pay to replace them. On ya Boys

If you're okay with the fact that we may all soon be under 24 hour surveillance, you're a liar, or a fed.

I'm not a criminal...but I enjoy privacy.

You have zero expectation of privacy in public places.

A vast majority of the responses are indicative of the MASSIVE EGOMANIACAL personalities here at ATS> You people think you are so important...ALL EYES ON YOU???

I don't think so, Tupac...

Go relax and drink an Arnold Palmer...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

I for one value my privacy, and I also value everyone's right to stick up for theirs, and stand up and make a statement when they see things they think are unfair/unjust or yes, simply over intrusive - which you seem to think is no big deal.

Well, then STAY PRIVATE and in your home. Tie down that tin foil hat REAL TIGHT...keep the gray matter from oozing out...You have no privacy in public places...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

You really have to wonder what kind of person designs a drone to kill other people, what the hell good did he think was going to come from that?

How are killing machines and cameras equivalent?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Our tax money hard at work here used to enslave us. The best part is you can tell people they're living in a police state, and even as they see the cameras, they will still deny it and call you a conspiracy nut. Land of the free home of the brave. Dear God what happend to us?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
reply to post by HIWATT

I for one value my privacy, and I also value everyone's right to stick up for theirs, and stand up and make a statement when they see things they think are unfair/unjust or yes, simply over intrusive - which you seem to think is no big deal.

Well, then STAY PRIVATE and in your home. Tie down that tin foil hat REAL TIGHT...keep the gray matter from oozing out...You have no privacy in public places...

Unless you're royalty or some politian! Then you may demand privacy wherever you see fit. How dare you take a photo of Kate Middleton! How dare a common citizen ask a politian a question!

We are scum and they are our overlords. And people like yourself that make fun of people that question the absurdity of the situation love it.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
HYPERBOLE, as every move is NOT tracked/recorded, but it is clear there are some people whose every moves DOES need to be watched.

Sounds American. Sounds like FREEDOM!

These people would likely be unhappy no matter the circumstance. If life gives you lemons, make some lemonade. Life is 99 percent ATTITUDE!

Tell that to the slaves in China that make your ipad. Go on, tell them that their life is 99 percent attitude and that they should go make some lemonade. Because if people don't stand up and say no now, that's where America is headed.

The man needs to be thrown into prison for endangering the public.

Don't like the system of enslavement that you're born into? We have a cage for that.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Good on them, I think it's important to stand up in what you believe in especially if you believe in freedom. There's a limit to how much spying on the public, people can take and apparently that's the limit for them. Where I live there's not that much spying going on but give it a few years and it'll be everywhere.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

I see it as tax payers property. The use of our tax dollars against our will.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I think some people exhibit an unhealthy level of voyeurism--the classic "peeping tom" comes to mind---
and some people exhibit an unhealthy level of exhibitionism...did I just say that? ANYWAY, you are correct in that we need a niche to counterbalance this, especially since technology is advancing to the point that images are so easy to manipulate these days; even by people with no prior experience in CGI.

It's irritating enough to pay a ticket for going 2 miles over the speed limit (happens all the time.) But I dare anyone here to drive through Chicago without speeding on the freeway when everyone else is going 85 MPH. Good luck. If anyone repeats that tired old "you've nothing to worry about if you've nothing wrong" crap then they are completely naive/obtuse and ignorant.

Some of us may have money to hire lawyers and advanced techs creditable enough to go to court on our behalf should we be accused of something truly horrendous that we are innocent of perpetrating, and yes it's "illegal" to tamper with or plant evidence but it happens all the time. Most people do not have the money for this, and since the jails and prisons are so full already........just WHAT is the real purpose of all of this crap?

Until the legal system is gutted and completely turned around from the ground up (HA!) I ABSOLUTELY condone the destruction of these cameras. I might re-evaluate my stance when the defense can match the prosecution dollar for dollar and people aren't having their lives and families lives destroyed by lengthy legal proceedings and a corrupt unfair judicial system. This goes all the way down to someone who can't afford to take a day off to fight a petty ticket and just pays it.

BTW: I am not on ATS to tell people how or what to think. Merely stating my own opinion based on my own EXPERIENCE. I absolutely could not care less how many stars my posts get as this indicates nothing because I see posts starred all the time that do not provide fact OR opinion. Esp "I got this awesome event on my camera but I've yet to upload it....oh I guess it won't upload...." OR "I spoke with a time traveler for two minutes and I'm supposed to talk to him tomorrow so I don't have any info right now..." Paaaleeeeeez! I've gotten plenty of stars on my gradeschool homework to appease my ego so I'm not looking for any here. Okay back to my coffee. Yes I'm a bit cranky. I'll get over it

edit on 18-9-2012 by bangoli because: to add last paragraph

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
In a related vein a man in Australia took down 6 cell phone towers with an APC
gizmodo.com...

Looks like an uprising worldwide is starting.
Vandalism may be coming back in vogue.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Its about time people in America take a stand against those @$$-#0!3 's!! I dont mean only the Police, Its a constant battle to be your own person in the US. I cant stand this police state anymore.

S&F..Booyah for the Rebels!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by DrumsRfun

The speed cameras are not about public safety. In many instances, they have made some intersections more dangerous. This is all about revenue generation and surveillance of the populace. Tear them down.

OK, I'm curious how does a speed camera make a junction more dangerous? The only thing I can think off is the illegally speeding motorists suddenly braking becasue they see a camera. In which case the camera is not the problem the driver who is breaking the law by speeding and then dangerously driving by braking is the problem.

I'm no fan of cameras everywhere but the only way you will get caught is if you break the law DUH!.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

You are wrong. If they are not tracking you via video surveillance they can track you by your financial transactions, cell phone, vehicle GPS...the list goes on.

You seem to embrace your enslavement. You should seek treatment for Stockholm Syndrome as it is an epidemic that has spread like wildfire around the "free" world.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

nice to see you again.

nice thread too,

I'd love to be driving around and see a few downed cams. Just got a ticket the other day from a traffic camera.
Luckily i was performing a legal maneuver and had it dismissed! must be having IT problems..

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Seriously, dude! I work out in Maryland and these cameras are ****** ridiculous.
It makes me feel good inside that at least someone has the cajones to do something about this.
They are setting up cameras everywhere. It's starting to look like London out here. Thanks for the good news this morning.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

I couldn't have said it better my friend.
2nd

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
LOL got to love local governments

WE USE YOUR TAX DOLLARS TO SPY ON YOU, AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT! LOLZ!

My country is a police state, and I am embarrassed that we have let it happen

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Gosh again with this police state crap.

Security cameras have been used around the world and it reduces crime and is used to solve crime, it's not a guy in blue clothes pleasuring himself at the site of you walking out a grocery store.

All this is is vandalism and your condoning it, hurray for vandals.

Sorry for my childish response, but I guess I'm just irritated today.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join