Maryland Residents Are Sick of Being Spied On And Are Tearing Down Police Cameras

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Destroying others property is bad. Why don't they take a greener and less illegal tactic and use paintball guns to obstruct the cameras?

What would be illegal about that? Would it merely be a littering charge? Drastically less of a charge than what those poor souls of Maryland are doing now.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
So, you think all speed limits are fair? Theres a state law here in michigan saying only the state dot can change speed limit signs! Why? Because cities were changing the signs to create more evil speed traps.

How about northern indiana construction zones? They put some cones up for no reason to create a fake construction zone and therefore a 45mph speed limit just to write tickets. How about real construction zones where no workers are present? Infact, in michigan you can do an in between speed through them...or if theres a jersey wall between you and workers..... Why not northern indiana?

How about going down a hill in an 80000 pound truck getting busted doing 70 in a 65? I was paying attention to moron drivers, much more important than my speedometer.

Am i just supposed to watch the speedometer and ignore the idiots in front of me?

The "american trucking association" (aka 4 wheelers against 18 wheelers) wants all trucks governed at 65. A couple years ago they claimed 40% of all accidents happen above 65 mph. By their own statistics, they showed going over 65 is safer. Lets think about why for a minute here. Where are we exceeding 60 at? Wide open freeways generally, in good weather. Where are we doing less? Congested areas, places with lots of traffic, cities with stop lights, highways in bad weather.....

Going faster does not cause accidents. Dumb driving, dumb parking are the main causes of accidents.

Texas has a stretch of i10 thats set at 85. Utah has a section of i15 thats set at 85. These are places where there really arent police resources to even enforce that. Ive cranked my fully loaded 80000 pound semi up to 105 for 30 miles or so in the 85 zones in utah. Felt totally comfortable at that speed. Didnt really encounter...anything....at all..... Maybe two cars.

I94 in montana, doesnt have a big speed limit. But ive driven there in the middle of the night. Didnt see any headlights for hours at a time.

And how come everytime i see a speed trap, i see all sorts of people driving like morons, but its the speeders that matter?

speed doesnt kill. At all.

STARRED

If I could send you applause I'd do that too.

I don't have anything to add to that at this time. Maybe later. I agree 100% with everything you said there. Said as much in a conversation with someone yesterday...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Destroying others property is bad. Why don't they take a greener and less illegal tactic and use paintball guns to obstruct the cameras?

What would be illegal about that? Would it merely be a littering charge? Drastically less of a charge than what those poor souls of Maryland are doing now.

I disagree strongly with the term "police property"

The Police are public servants and therefore are EMPLOYED BY THE PUBLIC.

So who's "property" are those cameras, really.

If they are p'd off and this is how they want to make a stand then I say good for them. The whole entire town should get behind this. Do it publicly. Imagine the message it would send if a very large/significant portion of the population just up and decided to do a "weekend demonstration" and march through town like a lynch mob destroying every camera they see.

Nothing else. And no yelling or screaming or otherwise "acting out of order" just simply walking through town taking out all the cameras, while not saying a damn word.

Silence is golden as they say.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Unfortunatly, In these days and times. It would still be considered the same charge. Malicious destruction Of Property. And quite frankly, If your going to do it. Might as well do it right. It's a 90 day sentence anyway...

But your paintball idea is a lot better if you want to do many cameras quickly. So good thinking.....

Go maryland!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

"Maryland Residents Are Sick of Being Spied On And Are Tearing Down Police Cameras"?
Oorah!!
And I'm not even a veteran of military service.

Let's see if this becomes a trend.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Only those that are in to crime are having the issues. Don't do crime. Btw it is a criminal act in destroying these camera's so that speaks for it self. Nothing but common criminals that are destroying the camera's, and the tax payer will have to pay to replace them. On ya Boys

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
painters extension pole and bunch of black plastic bags..
"Obstruction" not "destruction";eventually they'll pass another law to make obstructing the the cameras view illegal.

Or snap a picture of your nekkid backside and tape it up in front of the lens.

"hey sarge: moons out?????????"
edit on 17-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2024
Only those that are in to crime are having the issues. Don't do crime. Btw it is a criminal act in destroying these camera's so that speaks for it self. Nothing but common criminals that are destroying the camera's, and the tax payer will have to pay to replace them. On ya Boys

If you're okay with the fact that we may all soon be under 24 hour surveillance, you're a liar, or a fed.

I'm not a criminal...but I enjoy privacy.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

So, you think all speed limits are fair? Theres a state law here in michigan saying only the state dot can change speed limit signs! Why? Because cities were changing the signs to create more evil speed traps.

How about northern indiana construction zones? They put some cones up for no reason to create a fake construction zone and therefore a 45mph speed limit just to write tickets. How about real construction zones where no workers are present? Infact, in michigan you can do an in between speed through them...or if theres a jersey wall between you and workers..... Why not northern indiana?

How about going down a hill in an 80000 pound truck getting busted doing 70 in a 65? I was paying attention to moron drivers, much more important than my speedometer.

Am i just supposed to watch the speedometer and ignore the idiots in front of me?

The "american trucking association" (aka 4 wheelers against 18 wheelers) wants all trucks governed at 65. A couple years ago they claimed 40% of all accidents happen above 65 mph. By their own statistics, they showed going over 65 is safer. Lets think about why for a minute here. Where are we exceeding 60 at? Wide open freeways generally, in good weather. Where are we doing less? Congested areas, places with lots of traffic, cities with stop lights, highways in bad weather.....

Going faster does not cause accidents. Dumb driving, dumb parking are the main causes of accidents.

Texas has a stretch of i10 thats set at 85. Utah has a section of i15 thats set at 85. These are places where there really arent police resources to even enforce that. Ive cranked my fully loaded 80000 pound semi up to 105 for 30 miles or so in the 85 zones in utah. Felt totally comfortable at that speed. Didnt really encounter...anything....at all..... Maybe two cars.

I94 in montana, doesnt have a big speed limit. But ive driven there in the middle of the night. Didnt see any headlights for hours at a time.

And how come everytime i see a speed trap, i see all sorts of people driving like morons, but its the speeders that matter?

speed doesnt kill. At all.

STARRED

If I could send you applause I'd do that too.

I don't have anything to add to that at this time. Maybe later. I agree 100% with everything you said there. Said as much in a conversation with someone yesterday...

What about the studies that show a 10 MPH difference in impact force can mean the difference between being fine and being dead? Maybe I was lied to.
edit on 9/17/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
they are not police property, they are public property paid for by the citizens. if the citizens of that area who paid for these devices decide they want to tear them down so be it, it's their constitutional right to do so and i applaud them for it.

police and city council officials are our errand boys and girls, lest they not forget who they work for.

I would suspect that the cameras are still owned by the company and are leased to the city...... Or that is the way I would do it to create more revenue for the company by billing the city rental on those used units which are covered by an insurance policy ...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
BLOW THE DAMNED THINGS TO HELL!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak

What about the studies that show a 10 MPH difference in impact force can mean the difference between being fine and being dead? Maybe I was lied to.
edit on 9/17/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

Likely not lied to but perhaps misled.

Statistics and/or Impact force Analyses' compiled in "studies" are often fodder for political special interest.

I can kill you with my car if I'm driving 100km/hr or 10km/hr

There is no difference.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Destruction of Public Property comes to mind.
But then I would bust a cap on those cameras too.
With the photo example given by the OP, all you need to do is walk up and cut the cables.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2024

The grumpy old curmudgeon sitting on his porch drinking cheap beer and whining about "common criminals" has spoken!

I for one value my privacy, and I also value everyone's right to stick up for theirs, and stand up and make a statement when they see things they think are unfair/unjust or yes, simply over intrusive - which you seem to think is no big deal.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC
Destruction of Public Property comes to mind.
But then I would bust a cap on those cameras too.
With the photo example given by the OP, all you need to do is walk up and cut the cables.

Personally, I'd get a lot more creative.

Hijack the feed and pump in re-runs of "Friends"

That'll teach 'em

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
I absolutely condone the destruction of the cameras aka chains being placed to enslave us. Soon, we will also need to go after those people who are "just following orders". They are complicit in our enslavement and will need to be dealt with. Just following orders IS NOT an acceptable excuse.

The police BUY the cameras, but it takes an electrician or other person to install it. Some day I hope we get to the point where a factory gets an order and says "what's it for" followed by "I'm not building that".
You really have to wonder what kind of person designs a drone to kill other people, what the hell good did he think was going to come from that?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
well done to the people of maryland for taking a stand and destroying the tools of oppression ... good to see at least a few in amerika take a stand against big brother and the police state ... with luck others will follow their example ...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
GOOD, they should destroy all of them. They are nothing but a speeding trap to generate revenue for the state.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Yeah but dumb drivers going faster does cause more accidents.

Actually hesitation and distractions cause most accidents, and the faster you go the more effect hesitation, and distractions, have on your reactions. It is not a coincidence that accidents are most often caused by speeding drivers who are distracted by something, or do not react fast enough to the situation.

A better way than letting people drive faster would be a more thorough driving test to get their license.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
it would be neat if some clever hackers could disable entire cctv networks at will. that would be cool.

It would be neat, but most of the CCTV networks are closed networks with private fiber routes. It is really difficult to digest the scope and scale of these facilities. Think about it.

A phone company has a Central Office (or Local Exchange in the UK) usually they have a couple of these every 3-5 miles, because of limitations of fiber and copper lengths from premise, to pole, to facilities to the central office. These networks are set up like this for scale-ability and to make it failsafe/robust. Some of these networks have been in service since the 40's, some longer than that, some of it has been maintenance, some has been complete rebuilds.

Now think of the Big Brother CCTV network, crispy new fiber facilities that bypass the central office, and everything we have, publicly owned (not yours though) facilities and equipment. The cost of the camera ($30,000 seems a little steep, but i wouldnt be surprised.) pales in comparison to the cost of the actual network, man power and maintenance.

A hacker could get access by splicing the fiber and putting it on a pon, but its probably just a video feed back to the head end (the video central office) and is likely not ip based. There is probably controllers that the fiber feeds to, where multipule fibers go to a PON and is amped, that may have some sort of IP connection, for management of the amps, controlled PON (fiber multiplexers) or maybe they lease a facility from a ILEC (never seen it)

You might have better luck gaining physical access to the data center, but they have the loot to spend, and I have seen Data centers with technicians armed with semi-automatic weapons.

We might be better off just destroying the cameras, and watching them dump our money back into them, there going to spend it on stupid crap anyway.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join