It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maryland Residents Are Sick of Being Spied On And Are Tearing Down Police Cameras

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If they want to catch true crime, they need to install cameras in every politicians office/home/meeting chamber.

The masses are subject to every scrutiny, and yet transparency of our rule-makers is nil as all decision making is closed-door. Destruction of property is not violence. All cameras used to enforce tyranny should be destroyed.

I'm happy to live in a sleepy town with little surveillance, otherwise, I'd have an air-rifle and a hobby.

A good wrist-rocket will do the trick as well.

I saw somebody laughing in a post about people destroying what our tax dollars have paid for...... We have little power to decide how our tax dollars are spent.... I don't approve of how our tax dollars are spent. As long as property is being destroyed, and nobody is hurt, I don't see a problem with it. More need to come to this conclusion.

Break every camera!!! Sounds like good clean fun. Nobody gets hurt. I'm tired of being tracked.... not even by the government, but just in general. I want technology, but I don't want customized advertising tracking my every move to blitzkrieg me with pictures of products I give two ishts about.

It's a start, and I support the people of Maryland... Even if it's over vehicular infractions. It's got to start somewhere.

They've already done more good than "movements".

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

i am told this far to often VforVendettea and i suspect it to be true, i always judge people as the way i am and think that is my downfall because i am well aware of the atrocities mankind dose on a daily basis but my hope for people to change is still a part of my psyche.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
you know what, most here would be up in arms if the very cctv or traffic camera that were destroyed and or vandalized were the very camera that could have put a time line and direction to the kidnapping of your own child brother mother dad sister, or puts a time line and a face to a rape or a murder of your own family member, would you not be asking for the cctv or traffic camera recording for court, ohh wait a sec na fu#$ it lets rip the camera's down.

Its all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by DrumsRfun

The speed cameras are not about public safety. In many instances, they have made some intersections more dangerous. This is all about revenue generation and surveillance of the populace. Tear them down.

Some cities decided to remove the cameras themselves after the state legislature passed a law forbidding the police departments shortening of the yellow light interval. The shortened yellow meant more tickets but also caused many more rear end accidents when drivers learned that they either had to slam on their brakes or face an expensive ticket. After the yellow intervals were set to state standards the police decided to remove them because it was costing more to maintain them that they were providing in revenue from tickets; thus completely dispelling any notion that they were ever about increased safety instead of money from increased fines.

Yup short yellows were what they did down in my area, when pointed out the authorities claimed it reduced t-bone accidents which they claimed as being more injurious to the public than the increased rear enders the cameras and short yellows caused.

What they forgot to say was that the t-bones were late night DUI type accidents where cameras would make no difference anyways so net effect was thousands of $100 a pop tickets mailed out from the private company who ran the system.

Far as I know theres no law says one can't point lasers at the cameras - wonder how that would effect the CCD's - anyone know?
edit on 17-9-2012 by Phoenix because: sp

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
I dont condone the destruction of this property, as it is paid for with our tax dollars. Thus leading to the waste of more tax dollars to replace those cameras and add cameras to watch the cameras. Vicious cycle. At the same time, I give these people 2 thumbs up. The level of surveillance in the US has gotten out of hand. Before you know it, we will be like the UK with cameras watching every move we make.

BZZZZZZ! Wrong.....

The cameras are paid for by the company that processes the violations.

Specifically, Lockheed-Martin.

They get millions of $$$ per year in commissions....as they get a percentage of each fine.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Personally, I don't like, but don't have a problem with cameras in public buildings. However, after spending time under CCTV in the UK, I felt like a prisoner the whole time and strongly oppose them elsewhere. Especially the ones that capture peoples homes/parks. Nature shouldn't be under surveillance and people should have the right to leave their homes without constant monitering.
I absolutely support this kind of vandalism only.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I would like to see em all gone! The feds are pushing funds on even the smallest towns to put up new stop lights and traffics cameras!

edit on 18-9-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
" I'm not condoning the destruction of police property but I won't say that I disagree with it either"

why does everyone say this LOL, anyone who lives in this country condones physical violence, hell we pay taxes for it!!!! so i totally condone violence, especially against cameras lol as if my word means jack lol

cameras watching camers
E P I C FAIL
hrm gee deputy jerkoff people are destroying the cameras that are doing our jobs for us what should we do,,, hrm i dunno sherrif dumbazz, ooohhh ohh i know , lets install more 30k dollar cameras to watch those camers, facepalm
now is it me or does this country lack common sense, if they got to the first set of cameras whats going to stop them from getting to the second set lol, let alone paint ball guns and bb guns and wrist rockets will reach a good distance ^^, in europe they set them on fire with gas lol as far as i see it if you arent there to catch me/see me do it, then it didnt happen ^^ and 30k for a camera, hell ill sell yah 100 for 30k lol and a bridge in new york ^9

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The citizens of Maryland are idiots. Ok, not all of them just the ones who think that there are dozens of people sat watching them. CCTV cameras help solve literally thousands of crimes every year. Crimes that would go unsolved but for them. That is fact.

Do those that think the state is spying on them really think they are so important that someone actually gives a toss about them walking down the street? Nope.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 3finjo

What about speed cameras? Supposedly saving lives. More like putting revenue in the States pockets.
Want to stop people speeding? Build cars that cant speed and problem solved. But then they wouldn't get the revenue from fines would they.
I'm not against CCTV as it may solve crimes and save lives, but they're overdoing with the revenue raising speed cameras.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I have to agree, the speed cameras are definitely about generating revenue, which is sorely needed. Unfortunately there are plenty of instances where the cameras are placed directly after an abrupt change in the speed limit and are pretty effective. There used to be a line painted in the road at the point where the camera is aimed and would be triggered. Either the law has changed or they are becoming extremely lax about repainting the line after the road has been repaved.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Good post... S&F...

What course of action would you have against tyranny and constant surveillance? A petition? If you can just see how brazen and unlawful these institutions are... some of them try and play it innocent like 'well we need money' like that is really their prime directive as peace officers. In the world we live in which has technologies like Trapwire (if you have never heard of it go look it up... its fun) This is the only kind of protest that works anymore. And it comes down to a literal 'WE DO NOT TOLERATE THIS' Its not 'oh let me write somebody' if that had the option to work it would have done so by now. I look forward to more of these types of 'vandalism' (although its not really VANDALISM if you paid the money to get these freak systems installed in the first place). If this happened everywhere what would they do? Arrest everybody? Get real... I look forward to more of these desecrations in the future. Considering it took anonymous to leak any details about trapwire in the first place what do you really think that says about your elected officials? What kind of 'Republic' or 'Democracy' do you live in when what happened to Ron Paul happens to YOUR vote. Good luck Americans... maybe you could help instead of thinking you are all good americans just by watching American Idol...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Liberati thought cameras to watch the cameras was a good solution

Well then, perhaps putting up cameras in the politicians offices is a good solution too, after all.. we deserve to know what/how/if you people are really earning those tax dollars and not just sitting on your ass all day. There is no way for us to know how well you are doing your jobs if we can't watch you.

You put cameras on us..you put them on yourselves too

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Well I cannot really blame them too much. The only reason to have police cameras pointing at the common citizen is if there is a real and serious threat of harm to the common people. We are talking about the American situation, so the material conditions are a bit unique. What the government considers a threat and what the common people consider a threat are two very different things. If the local government, in the American system, considers their control and power are under threat...well of course they will send the goon squad, aka police force, out to keep closer tabs on the common people. On the other hand, the common people clearly feel that the government are the ones who are coming down too hard on them. This is a contradiction which must be resolved. It must be decided who interest is most important; the people or the government.

edit on 18-9-2012 by freedomwv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

Comeon... its not like these clowns actually do anything... didnt it come out a year or so ago that nobody read the faquing patriot act? And yet they still continue to support it because it says 'patriot'? These people are disenfranchised retards who go along with whatever anybody says... know nothing about the people they claim to represent... and only care about George Washington or Benjamin Franklin if thats the face on the money they get... I say Fawq'em...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

1) Get a strong hand held commercial grade laser, like any of the various ones you can buy online.
2) Wear a mask or dark glasses with plain clothes.
3) Find a surveillance camera
4) Get within maximum distance that a concentrated laser beam will burn the lens or sensors on camera.

The rest I'll leave up to your imagination.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomwv

How dare you... we must protect the government at all cost! They are the nozzles by which the Americans can drink from the fountain of liberty! It has never ever been said that the governments should care about the people we should continue to think its choice to elect millionaires to represent the middle class! They know Money! And should they ever get out of line? Well bring the police in like we have to so many other countries and show them that what Liberty and Freedom are, are not to make your own choices!? What kind of person would say that!? Everyone should have the liberty and freedom to get to work without being delayed by these nagging silly 'Occupy' protesters... because thats what freedom is. And dont give me this nonsense about how the unwashed and unshowered people at the movement deserve a right to speak... how could they!? They dont even shower!! Clearly the smell alone should detract from their opinion... and as far as everybody should have a voice... lawl... let me just trump that by GET A JOB.... I have zero interest in what you have to say unless you work.... employment is now a pre-requisite for having an opinion...

Government knows best... lets just get along to move along... and find out what next abomination these rich people have in store for the people that actually worked for their money. Not some trust fund baby liar who read about what 'sweat' was in a book....

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

I agree.
And instead of fining people, they should simply force people to take a night class in driver safety, where the people who got caught speeding have to study all the details of speeding statistics and accidents in general.
Not saying that it would make everyone stop speeding, but that is how the situation would be handled if it truly was about peoples safety and not money.

Now they say, oh the cameras are there for your safety! BS, they are there for bringing in money.
And why do they give a ticket on the same amount to everyone (except the difference in price according to the difference of speed).
If one has allot of money the speed cameras and tickets does not matter, and someone whom has almost nothing and are on the edge of having the financials for the car, can be ruined. Both people doing the same speed...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
I dont condone the destruction of this property, as it is paid for with our tax dollars. Thus leading to the waste of more tax dollars to replace those cameras and add cameras to watch the cameras. Vicious cycle. At the same time, I give these people 2 thumbs up. The level of surveillance in the US has gotten out of hand. Before you know it, we will be like the UK with cameras watching every move we make.

UNLESS......we tear them down. Don't roll over and take it. Fight back....it's more fun. I condone the destruction of the cameras. And I don't wan't my tax dollars to pay for them. How's that? Don't be wishy washy. You don't condone it but give thumbs up???? To all who condone having the cameras, grow a pair. You are giving up your freedom. If you think cameras are a good idea, then what's to stop us from being personally monitored 24/7. I seem to recall a Star Trek episode where the people were all "collared" in order to promote good behavior.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

alright, alright , all right!!!!!!!!!1

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join