It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't Youtube Take Down the Movie?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
I think there is a difference between free speech and hate speech

Speech is just speech and who is to define what "hate" speech is?

I think you are misplacing the understanding of what your Constitutional Rights are and who the burden is placed upon (hint: its the Government). Which means that the First Amendment is designed to protect the People from the State that wishes to quell and silence dissent and opposing political speech. It has no play or say when a citizen want to make a poorly written and demeaning video. That test is up to the company that finances or distributes it; such as YouTube and they have already stated that the video doesn't violate any of their terms.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Their mad ... So what..... Everybodys mad about somethin, get the F- - - over it...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I thought that I was American and the Government is suppose to representative of the people...

Am I mistaken?

What's up? What's going on?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I cannot believe how this joke of a video has caused so much up roar. Cant these lunatics calm down and chill out.

It makes me laugh because Jesus has been parodied so many times and so often, examples are family guy and american dad but you dont see Christian going mental, running around causing havoc and causing deaths over it.

These people are a joke, they will jump on any band waggon to cause hassle for everyone else and to top it off they giving true believers in Islam a bad name. Its a sad time when people use a relegion which should promote love and caring to cause mass out hatered.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

You are mistaken. America is ruled by the wealthy elite.

The wealthy elite are the only people who are truly represented these days.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Well I see something really dangerous with the Middle East consolidating under Sharia and China protesting to go into Japan, probably Korea next. Its NWO and the regions they are forming.

So they want to topple US and the West's freedom.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by de_Genova

Great point. The Marxists sure know how to use our own Freedom of Speech against us, and any other time YouTube would have removed such a thing due to offensive content. I am indeed surprised they wouldn't remove this thing, being they never had problems removing items before, and seeing how this item has caused so much political fallout. Perhaps Barack and Hillary did have the film released on purpose. It wouldn't be any stranger than Bush and co "allowing" planes to fly into buildings.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Every time I have clicked on a youtube video link for the past hour it comes up and says "An error occurred. Please try again later." I wonder if this is related? Does anyone know if youtube has blocked videos right now? Happening to anyone else?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Regardless of whether it is free speech or hate speech neither of those are grounds for keeping a video on YouTube. YouTube is part of a company. A commercial venture. There is no free speech on it. If they deem something to be reflecting negatively on their image or name then they have every right to remove it. And I am surprised they haven't.

YouTube is a house where people are free to go and participate with a community. But they own the house and make the rules. It makes perfect sense. The free speech cries are unfounded when it comes to YouTube.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Don't we have the right, American's that is, to petition and protest that the movie is removed from the internet?

Doesn't the fella have a right to free speech and freedom of opinion? YES
Doesnt' GOOGLE have a right to run it's business as it sees fit? YES
The fella who made the movie didn't break any laws.
Google isn't breaking any laws.

I can't believe you are calling for CENSORSHIP against our freedom of opinion and against free speech all because some idiots on the other side of the planet refuse to control themselves and realize that this is the year 2012.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
That Innocense of muslim is just a psy op run by the g00v to insight muslims to voilence. But specifically have there al-cia-duhh troops invade the embassys to cause the blood shed. Kinda stoaking the flames leading to more war in the middle east. But it's no accidental film that's a given. He was a g-v agent creating the propaganda hit piece as part of a hegaliean dialectic psy op!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I saw 15 mins of it (or maybe 10 before I switched it off).... The fist few Mins I thought 'ha, ha, ha... this film is Pathetically Funny' but after a while more I just thought 'this Film is crap' .

I really dont see why the Muslim world are up in arms about it?

Can't they just Laugh at it?

Maybe if they actually had a bit of Humour, they may find it Funny or stupidly Funny or just Crap.... like I did.

All they have is Anger in their Hearts!! (I'm talking about the Fanatics)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It’s maybe an offensive and tasteless movie but if it’s removed isn't that against the freedom of speech/expression?
Also should people really have been so offended over a movie that they start attacking embassies and taking lives? It’s kind of obvious it’s a poor taste joke; it reminds me of a Monty python sketch.

I try putting myself in their shoes, not that I follow a mainstream religion, but if another country made a YouTube video mocking something I believed in and I was offended. What would I do?
I think I would rise above it rather than start killing and destroying.

IMO the video should remain online where people can see it for what it is. By removing it, it pass's into legend becomes more desirable and will gather inaccuracies regarding its contact.

Just my thoughts

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
thats the movie muslim are soo pissed about,
that 15 min youtube parody,

this is what is insighting hate towards the west?

its a joke, did Muhammad not have a sense of humor at all,
and therefor no practicing muslim can have one either?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Freedom of speech.

That's why.

Muslims responded to a film where they were percieved as degenerate and violent by being degenerates and being violent.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Coming soon to the streets of London:

In the UK, Hizb ut-Tahrir, a group which campaigns for an Islamic state with sharia law, is due to protest outside London's American embassy on Sunday.
Pakistani Muslims torch a US flag

The Muslim pressure group, which has previously faced calls to be banned, said hundreds of Muslims from across Britain would rally and demonstrate "in solidarity" with others across the world.

A group statement said: "The demonstration will be condemning in the strongest possible terms any and all insults against Islam and the symbols of our religion; especially those against the greatest man sent to mankind the Prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him."

Do you know what could have been done here?

Could have called all the Fanatical Groups out with the Airing of this Film and then shot them down.... this would have got rid of a whole lot of them IMO.

Kind of what i'm hoping happens in London today.
edit on 16-9-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by christafinias
if it’s removed isn't that against the freedom of speech/expression?

No.

The filmmaker has the freedom to say whatever he wants. His freedom of speech guaranteed that. You Tube also has the freedom to let people say what they want but since it's their site, or more specifically Google's, they have the right to put up and keep up whatever they want. If they want to take it off they are well within their right to do so without infringing on the filmmakers rights. He had his chance and he blew it by making something that was bot stupid and of poor quality. Much like the group of people he offended. Stupid and of poor quality.

For some reason I have this mental image in my head of 2 mentally challenged kids trying to fight on the playground but they just can't seem to land any solid blows.
Arms flailing about as if independent from their body.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
why should YouTube remove it? Think of the traffic they will be getting because of this.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Don't we have the right, American's that is, to petition and protest that the movie is removed from the internet?

Doesn't the fella have a right to free speech and freedom of opinion? YES
Doesnt' GOOGLE have a right to run it's business as it sees fit? YES
The fella who made the movie didn't break any laws.
Google isn't breaking any laws.

I can't believe you are calling for CENSORSHIP against our freedom of opinion and against free speech all because some idiots on the other side of the planet refuse to control themselves and realize that this is the year 2012.

This thread was posted as a discussion piece, so that people could voice an opinion about an issue I think tptb are going to make a common discussion in every living room in America. The issue of hate speech, and do we want a 15 minute trailer, decided by YouTube, to be representative of America?

What, you say? I didn't get a vote, and YouTube/Google is an American COMPANY certainly didn't ask or poll me... I watch video's from the site all the time. I didn't know corporations should have rights and opinions like people. No one asked me if I wanted this video to be the poster child to represent American's right to freedom of speech.

I'm not the first to contemplate this issue and I'm not wrong for doing so. That is what free speech and free religion is about. That you and I can discuss these issues, in a public manner, is the important right we should be protecting. My founding Fathers of the United States being some of the more important people who discussed and contemplated the freedom of speech and religion issue. We don't travel to the rain forests and tell the head hunters and cut off villages down there to change their way of life. When Africa was engaged with genocide in Rawanda, we took a non intervention approach. (Of course I realize we have little to no resources there.) American's will say, but. "American's have the best way." Well sure, but you can't force our lifestyle on somebody else. Even if we do have interests (American COMPANIES) in the Middle East. It's wrong. It's manipulation. It's inciting unrest.

I say dump foreign companies in the middle east, grow a pair and don't cry over the loss, and come home.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by michaelbrux

Well I see something really dangerous with the Middle East consolidating under Sharia and China protesting to go into Japan, probably Korea next. Its NWO and the regions they are forming.

So they want to topple US and the West's freedom.

I don't see anything dangerous at all..just informative. the riots were going to happen anyway...but they had no good excuse to riot so an excuse was created for them. and that tape was the excuse...a copy of the movie will probably find its way to the Library of Congress.

militant islam is in grave danger right now...i don't think its gonna make it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join