It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't Youtube Take Down the Movie?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
A Mr. Nikoula, a California resident and filmaker, released an anti-muslim film - that has caused protests and rioting at US Embassy's around the world. What say you America? To what other people think?

Don't we have the right, American's that is, to petition and protest that the movie is removed from the internet? Or at least censored from the public? How did and what should be our next course of action? Is this the beginning of the great security and censorship sweep of the internet, that several people on this very site have been predicting? It's already monitored and monitoring, the WEB that is.

Does youtube have any interests in this movie? Why would they advocate it? How dare we allow a corporation, an internet WEBSITE to represent America? Doesn't that cheapen our integrity and values? Who are these owners of youtube that would support the movie? Why continue to broadcast a movie that is inciting rioting in other parts of the world? Why are they not held up to scrutiny of their actions? After all, somebody created youtube. Why do the employee's of youtube, which is an amazing website, a gift really, support the movie?

It's a double edged sword isn't it? Freedom of speech should be an inalienable right. But shouldn't a two hour movie had been reviewed, before uploading to the public? Why are the people of youtube choosing to leave THAT one up? They freely censor their site. Banning and removing videos. Right?

Frustrating, it really is. The movie is so incredibly hateful and meant as an insult. I personally want, as a concerned citizen, it down. I'm not saying the people in America, over the age of eighteen, shouldn't be able to view it they like. But why would anyone advocate the movie? Is it worth it? I only saw a few minutes of the movie and what I saw was appallingly offensive. What say you ATS? Should youtube take down the video? Why?
edit on 15-9-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: spacing

edit on 15-9-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: run on

edit on 15-9-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: changed belief to actions

edit on 15-9-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Wait. What??? Take down the video??? WTF?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
now that its up it should be allowed to remain.

and more details about the producers of the video should be made available. where was Nakoula born? doesn't sound like an American name to me.

this story and all its particulars should be kept for posterity...a teaching tool for generations of Americans to come.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Wait what movie, what did I miss

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
now that its up it should be allowed to remain.

and more details about the producers of the video should be made available. where was Nakoula born? doesn't sound like an American name to me.

this story and all its particulars should be kept for posterity...a teaching tool for generations of Americans to come.

Are you kidding me????
Who cares who the producers are. Who cares where they are from or what their names are. They made a MOVIE. So what if people don't like it.
In comparison this is like blaming a girl who gets raped for dressing provocatively.
Surely you are not blaming the movie maker for the actions of these lunatics, are you?
edit on 15-9-2012 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Internet censorship is like the right to bear arms.
1st ammendment and 2nd ammendments are RIGHTS of FREEDOM.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Movie should stay.. End of story. Freedom of speech does exist my friend.. Though it seems hard to believe these days..

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

As offensive as "the movie" is, I don't think a corny low-budget Youtube film should be influencing anybody, or having nearly the impact that this is. If you don't like like it, don't watch it. The writer/producer obviously wants people to react, so the more riled up people get, the more he wins. It's a ridiculous film, enough said.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rambo1112

I suppose it should include the subject and name of the movie, in the OP. Duh. Thanks for the critique.

Cirque

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld
Wait. What??? Take down the video??? WTF?

It's not a new concept...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Why Won't Youtube Take Down the Movie?

Because the BHO/Hillary team (conspiracy actually) are following a plan: an agenda, and they asked YouTube to put up the video trailer in the first place. When they are finished with their tactics for the Middle East they will then turn their attention back to the video trailer and use it to further shut down freedom of speech as prescribed in the 1st amendment -

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

America is presently in the grip of a satanic dictatorship.

Link to Freedom as we once knew it.....

1.First Amendment [Religion, Speech, Press, Assembly, Petition (1791)] (see annotations)

2.Second Amendment [Right to Bear Arms (1791)] (see annotations)

3.Third Amendment [Quartering of Troops (1791)] (see annotations)

4.Fourth Amendment [Search and Seizure (1791)] (see annotations)

5.Fifth Amendment [Grand Jury, Double Jeopardy, Self-Incrimination, Due Process (1791)] (see annotations)

6.Sixth Amendment [Criminal Prosecutions - Jury Trial, Right to Confront and to Counsel (1791)] (see annotations)

7.Seventh Amendment [Common Law Suits - Jury Trial (1791)] (see annotations)

8.Eighth Amendment [Excess Bail or Fines, Cru9.el and Unusual Punishment (1791)] (see annotations)

9.Ninth Amendment [Non-Enumerated Rights (1791)] (see annotations)

10.Tenth Amendment [Rights Reserved to States (1791)] (see annotations)
edit on 15-9-2012 by de_Genova because: text

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Because its soooooooo badly made.

It's a joke.

I don't mean that in a "ha ha" way.

It's just crappy.

It looks crappy.

The acting is crappy.

Its all on green screen.

It's ugly.

And pretty pointless.

IMO, it was made by the the powers that be to start a ruckus.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
ITS NOT A JOKE - people are being sacrificed on the altar of a satanic dictatorship - all of the above is INTENTIONAL - all of it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
Don't we have the right, American's that is, to petition and protest that the movie is removed from the internet? Or at least censored from the public? How did and what should be our next course of action? Is this the beginning of the great security and censorship sweep of the internet, that several people on this very site have been predicting? It's already monitored and monitoring, the WEB that is.

Does youtube have any interests in this movie? Why would they advocate it? How dare we allow a corporation, an internet WEBSITE to cheapen our integrity and values? Who are these owners of youtube that would support the movie? Why continue to broadcast a movie that is inciting rioting in other parts of the world? Why are they not held up to scrutiny of their actions? After all, somebody created youtube. Why do the employee's of youtube, which is an amazing website, a gift really, support the movie?

It's a double edged sword isn't it? Freedom of speech should be an inalienable right. But shouldn't a two hour movie had been reviewed, before uploading to the public? Why are the people of youtube choosing to leave THAT one up? They freely censor their site. Banning and removing videos. Right?

Frustrating, it really is. The movie is so incredibly hateful and meant as an insult. I personally want, as a concerned citizen, it down. I'm not saying the people in America, over the age of eighteen, shouldn't be able to view it they like. But why would anyone advocate the movie? Is it worth it? I only saw a few minutes of the movie and what I saw was appallingly offensive. What say you ATS? Should youtube take down the video? Why?
edit on 15-9-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: spacing

edit on 15-9-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: changed belief to actions

If your going to go as far as censoring the internet, you might as well say lets censor everything that maybe might insult some idiot religious nut some where. No. That will ALWAYS happen. Example: I say, Mohammed was a pedophile he liked to bang 9 yr old girls, Jesus was totally gay the only thing he did with a woman was let her wash is stinky feet, Moses was a power hungry cult leader and a con artist. I think I just insulted most religions with that, should we take down ATS now? No that would be silly. The problem isn't the video, it's the idiot mentality of these religious nut jobs that freaked out about it.
edit on 15-9-2012 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Don't we have the right, American's that is, to petition and protest that the movie is removed from the internet or at least censored from the public? How did and what should be our next course of action? Is this the beginning of the great security and censorship sweep of the internet, that several people on this very site have been predicting?

First you call for a petition to remove then you ask if this is the beginning of censorship. Wouldn't your petition be the reason for censorship?

I say welcome to the USA. As long as that movie hasn't broken any US laws, I see no reason for taking it down. If other countries want to censor it, let them do it via their country. Sure, the movie is dumb and and done in very poor taste, but as any movie done in this manner, the best option is to just not pay it any attention. No attention and it dies quickly.

Furthermore, I am a firm believer that this movie isn't the reason people are protesting. It's merely the excuse.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
FACT:
Google, owns YouTube. Google donated heavily to Obama 2012.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This movie is not the issue, it only ignited something that was going to ignite sooner or later anyway. It's just like a spouse exploding at their partner for some little thing like not loading the dishwasher correctly. I think everyone can tell the spouse is not really mad about the dishes.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
Don't we have the right, American's that is, to petition and protest that the movie is removed from the internet? Or at least censored from the public?

Yes, I also want everything I dont like removed from the Internet, starting with your post.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Why continue to broadcast a movie that is inciting rioting in other parts of the world?

Precisely for that reason. It's a movie! And, people are killing and rioting because of a MOVIE? That's insane. As far as I'm concerned we should all draw funny or humiliating pictures of Mohammed and just flood the internet with them.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I believe in the rights of the 1st amendment and 2nd. I don't think that the man who made the movie should go to prison or anything. Your side stepping the issue. Moral responsibility. Ethics.

Why do you advocate it? What reason is there to leave up such a thing, when it has hurt the feelings of millions around the world?

edit on 15-9-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: the issue

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join