It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't Youtube Take Down the Movie?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by HamrHeed

Churches are theatres too, HamrHeed... no more and no less than your local cinema. There's no difference, imho, from a Coptic Christian stirring up trouble using films to some Imam supplying American flags and lighter fluid for protests or the US military promoting themselves through Hollywood films like Top Gun.

It's all propoganda for the masses.

What the release of that film onto Youtube did was tantamount to yelling fire in a threatre of war and, as a result, got Americans killed. The producer needs jail time over this for incitement.
edit on 15/9/12 by masqua because: clarity

I just think it's convenient that a "coptic" has been tied into this garbage through the media. No christians proselytize by FORCE. Before this "video" came out, weren't they nailing christians to crosses in egypt? Or is that more propaganda

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thanks to everybody who took the time to reply.
Everyone was very respectful and thought provoking!

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

When it comes to the theological equivalent of poking a hornet's nest with a stick, it's only natural the poker gets stung. I have no sympathy for the blow back that any religious fanatic gets... I just don't care. I also don't care if the producer/financier/director is Jewish, Coptic Christian, Calvinist or Shia, the bottom line is he got people killed and that should receive a severe penalty. In the same way that Terry Jones, that Koran burning pastor from Florida was responsible for the killing of American military personnel in Afghanistan, so is this clown guilty, whoever or whatever fanatical follower of whichever faith he is.

People need to draw a line somewhere.

The line in the sand about free speech used to be somewhat simple; you shouldn't yell fire in a crowded theatre. Well, Terry Jones and his Koran burning and this character with the film did the same with the completely expected (and, imo, intended) fatal results.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Sorry, but I think that saying words that offend someone and shouting fire in a crowded theater are very different.

Why can't we just call the Muslims intolerant. That's what is going on here. They react to words by killing and raping people. Maybe they are the ones that need to change.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld

Originally posted by michaelbrux
now that its up it should be allowed to remain.

and more details about the producers of the video should be made available. where was Nakoula born? doesn't sound like an American name to me.

this story and all its particulars should be kept for posterity...a teaching tool for generations of Americans to come.

Are you kidding me????
Who cares who the producers are. Who cares where they are from or what their names are. They made a MOVIE. So what if people don't like it.
In comparison this is like blaming a girl who gets raped for dressing provocatively.
Surely you are not blaming the movie maker for the actions of these lunatics, are you?
edit on 15-9-2012 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

i consider the movie a trigger to a weapons system. if the muslim response to such a thing wasn't as well known as it is...perhaps it could be ignored. what the producers of the movie did was just a bit more clever than strapping bombs to a donkey, walking it into the embassy and detonating it.

as it is...anyone with a video cell phone, a youtube account, a copy of the quran, a cigarette lighter and nothing better to do can probably get an american in the middle east killed or american property destroyed. and by your reasoning...they shouldn't be to blame if they decide to do it.

even if the attack on the Libyan embassy was pre-planned, the movie acted in a manner similar to a flash grenade and provided cover to the attackers.

i'm not sure that the producers of the movie and the attackers aren't good friends and weren't working together the whole time.

they should get all of that persons business and put it out so we can all know who is aiding the enemy. he's already got a wiki page...so its gonna happen anyway.

his near future probably sucks to be honest.

the first amendment is cool...but the guy who made the movie is middle eastern anyway...isn't there some kind of waiting period before all the rights of the Constitution kick in? a few generations or something...
edit on 15-9-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
YouTube is quick to take down things considered offensive by the PTW. I've seen it first hand. This particular video will remain, however, as it plays right into the scheme of those in power by stoking anger, prejudice and fear in the sheeple and pushing the whole world closer to WWIII.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

It's a double edged sword isn't it? Freedom of speech should be an inalienable right. But shouldn't a two hour movie had been reviewed, before uploading to the public? Why are the people of youtube choosing to leave THAT one up? They freely censor their site. Banning and removing videos. Right?

Those two statements are opposites. Freedom of Speech means no one will review and remove a movie before hand. And quite frankly this movie is someone (or groups) opinion and nothing wrong with it. No one has the right to remove it and deprive us from seeing it, and perhaps poking religious institutes with AN EVEN BIGGER STICK. Because they really need it and people really need to wake up.

edit on 15-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

and more details about the producers of the video should be made available. where was Nakoula born? doesn't sound like an American name to me.

this story and all its particulars should be kept for posterity...a teaching tool for generations of Americans to come.

How is this a teaching tool for americans? Hmmm? Curious.

Its a video that is poking a rather large stick at Islam.

We've already had Christianity poked with a stick but then the only ones shaken by zeitgeist were the fundamentalists and of course its all metaphor for Third Eye, Service To Others, The Precious Pearl/Light Body, Ascension, and waking up and helping the world.

I like this video, Islam just revealed the fascist murderous core. People who obey and follow an Imam's orders without question.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld

Are you kidding me????
Who cares who the producers are. Who cares where they are from or what their names are. They made a MOVIE. So what if people don't like it.
In comparison this is like blaming a girl who gets raped for dressing provocatively.
Surely you are not blaming the movie maker for the actions of these lunatics, are you?
edit on 15-9-2012 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

Precisely and Exactly! And we're not going to let them water down the constution and protect violent religions. Truth is truth.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It just proves that it is total b.s., if the video was so damaging, youtube would delete it in a heartbeat, they can probably due it automatically through word recognition, you don't even have to pay anyone to do it. The fact that it is still up means the media and government love it. Ha ha ha.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Why continue to broadcast a movie that is inciting rioting in other parts of the world?

Precisely for that reason. It's a movie! And, people are killing and rioting because of a MOVIE? That's insane. As far as I'm concerned we should all draw funny or humiliating pictures of Mohammed and just flood the internet with them.

Yes. Tell the truth, research religions and express fully kind of nonsense theocracy, fascism block in this world is doing, and expose it shine a big spot light on it.

I don't even bleieve Mohammud existed, and Islam was probably a creation Rome.

Mohammud was a title not a name. When they overtook Europe they didnt exactly impose Sharia everywhere. And there was an old coin, with Mohummud, the title on one side and a Man Holding A Cross on the back.

Now Islam would never make an image of their prophet, nor a Cross which they despise.

Who do you really think Mohummud was?

CHRIST!!!!

But not Roman Christianity. and that was the problem.

I'm not interesting in tiptoeing around and allowing women and children abused around the world.

Forget it. We need to keep on educating.

They are only exposing what is in them and this evil programming.

Did Muhammad Exist? - Robert Spencer lays out his argument that maybe he didn't exist

Was muhammad Christ or Saint Peter, I've read some interesting posts. Peter spread this and was the rock.

Peter and Paul at odds. Paul is Rome.

The mosaics are particularly interesting.

soulofthegarden.com...

wpcontent.answcdn.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
So, if I make a film depicting Abraham Lincoln as a paedophile and showing that the Founding Fathers murdered children in their satanic rituals, You'd all be okay with it?

And if I did so, specifically with the intent of upsetting you, that'd be okay? Because you absolutely wouldn't complain?

I find it odd that Americans are defending a deliberate terrorist attack against America. Think about it. This film was produced with the deliberate intent of invoking attacks against Americans.

Terrorist attacks aren't just about bombs.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
So, if I make a film depicting Abraham Lincoln as a paedophile and showing that the Founding Fathers murdered children in their satanic rituals, You'd all be okay with it?

Of course I would not like it BUT I would just not go see the movie. I would not rampage, destroy and kill people. I would just think the people who made the movie are stupid.

And if I did so, specifically with the intent of upsetting you, that'd be okay? Because you absolutely wouldn't complain?

See my response above.

I find it odd that Americans are defending a deliberate terrorist attack against America.

I find that odd also.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
I believe in the rights of the 1st amendment and 2nd. I don't think that the man who made the movie should go to prison or anything. Your side stepping the issue. Moral responsibility. Ethics.

Why do you advocate it? What reason is there to leave up such a thing, when it has hurt the feelings of millions around the world?

edit on 15-9-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: the issue

People may not like what's in the video but we still have the freedom of speech in this country. So we should block everything that hurts millions of peoples feelings like south park, most comedians, 9/11 conspiracy documentaries, anything that mocks race, sex, and creed? When you start taking away someones right to free speech because it's offensive you open up a huge can of worms.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. -
Voltaire

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The problem isn't with the video or how bad it is etc..

the problem is the people who willingly watched it and THEN got pissed off about it.

They have the same right to be angry about the stupid video as much as the stupid video has the right to exist in it's current form.

but no right to remove it, as anyone should be able to express themselves

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

I find it odd that Americans are defending a deliberate terrorist attack against America. Think about it. This film was produced with the deliberate intent of invoking attacks against Americans.

Terrorist attacks aren't just about bombs.

We don't get to see the whole thing, just previews, and I saw something about rewriting the old testament.

Furthermore, everything you just mentioned is pretty much assumed by me, whenever I see this:

landmarkreport.com...

WOMEN PROTEST AGAINST PROPOSAL TO BAN CHILD MARRIAGES (YEMEN)

There is an old saying, very appropriate here. The tree is known by its fruit.

And I've read some very hideous things concerning children in Islam.

I will not post these but I recommend googling what celebrating Ashoura means, or maybe just try Islam cutting children and then go to images.

The tree is Known by its fruit.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It's not the movie. The movie is just the straw that finally broke the Lama's back. This has been building up a long time. The U.S. has been sh$tting on people all over the world for decades and especially in the middle east. They don't buy the slavery is freedom, war is peace, orwellian doublespeak that the U.S. propaganda is putting out in the middle east or anywhere else except in the U.S. and U.K. and that is iffy. The average, Joe, Abdul or Jugdish are "Mad as hell and are not going to take it anymore" (network-film, circa 1970's ish) So sit back and enjoy the freak show. I have a front row seat. Power to the people!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

I know you are right. It makes absolute sense.

I just hate the tune and the fiddlers...
I don't want to see war or such unrest in the world.
It's a sad state, but I'm well aware, we all are what we want.

edit on 15-9-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

A star for you! Your avatar is awesome! I'm going in the kitchen and making a sanGweeech!!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by masqua

Sorry, but I think that saying words that offend someone and shouting fire in a crowded theater are very different.

Why can't we just call the Muslims intolerant. That's what is going on here. They react to words by killing and raping people. Maybe they are the ones that need to change.

Unfortunately, I find it very hard to believe in ANY religion, that holds to ancient barbaric standers, set down from those, who lived in ancient times. We as a people, need enlighten ourselves, NOT succumb to the past, as it holds ourselves to live in perpetual misery. Life is NOT just a book, to live in its laws. We must break from the very things that keep us down. Human misery and suffering, is a Man Made affair, when it comes to religion, and self subscribed religious intolerance/tolerance.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join