It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't Youtube Take Down the Movie?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Look what happen with South Park and Jyllands-Posten Muhammad controversies it's ridiculous. These extremist attacked 4 embassies ( I think), caused alot of damage, and sent death threats. Since i'm not religious or crazy I don't get how these people can freak out so bad while destroying buildings and hurting innocent people. I couldn't imagine if everytime some show or paper mocked god or jesus christians destroying the city heck it would be an every day affair haha.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nostalgic
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

As offensive as "the movie" is, I don't think a corny low-budget Youtube film should be influencing anybody, or having nearly the impact that this is. If you don't like like it, don't watch it. The writer/producer obviously wants people to react, so the more riled up people get, the more he wins. It's a ridiculous film, enough said.

Cheers

They spent 3 million dollars on it apparently....it runs deeper than you think. The people who put money into this, the people who got it out there...its a conspiracy in itself!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 444seeker

Originally posted by Nostalgic

As offensive as "the movie" is, I don't think a corny low-budget Youtube film should be influencing anybody, or having nearly the impact that this is. If you don't like like it, don't watch it. The writer/producer obviously wants people to react, so the more riled up people get, the more he wins. It's a ridiculous film, enough said.

Cheers

They spent 3 million dollars on it apparently....it runs deeper than you think. The people who put money into this, the people who got it out there...its a conspiracy in itself!

The guy said they put that much money into it but he lied about his name, job, age, ect so I think he lied about how much money went into the film. I mean the movie was filmed in some church infront of a green screen and the marketing was someone handing out flyers in front of the theater so idk where the money went haha.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Because of your thread I downloaded a copy to review.

edit on 15/9/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I don`t think the right to free speech applies to the internet because websites are privately owned.

he had a right to make the movie but thats where his rights end he doesn`t have the right to have the movie published or shown. if a movie theater or website doesn`t want to show his movie thats their right and his right to free speech has not be violated in any way.

The right to free speech and freedom of expression doesn`t guarantee the right to have an audience.

edit on 15-9-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Why should the movie be removed???

Considering most of the violent protesters have not even seen the film according to the upload date and number of hits.... NO. Utube should NOT take it down.

Most of those people acting like barbarians in the streets of the ME have not actually seen the film. They heard about it and that is enough for them to go and murder people.

OP, why trample our constitutional rights? Do you want Sharia Law here too?

Make no sense!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Check my sig file thread. The guy is thinking about putting the full movie on YouTube.

I don't care how in bad taste this movie is. I can make a film making fun of Muhammad with his 100 wives and her 6 years old wife that he had sex with at 9 years of age ( true) and make him the most horrible womanizer and pedophile that ever walked the earth while making him look and act like Woody Allen and the Elephant Man rolled into one.

This guy is just expressing an opinion. An opinion that in the USA is protected by free speech. This guy made a bad film, he didn't kill or hurt or incite to riot Anyone. The Muslims who took the law into thier own hands and acted in child like manners need to take responsibility for their own actions. No one, made them act in hate.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld
Wait. What??? Take down the video??? WTF?

He's refering to this movie. It's called Innocence of Muslims. It's a short comedy that depicts the life of Mohammad. And it's the one that "they claim" sparked the riots around the world that's in the news.

As I mentioned before it's not like some random event. It's a full out g--v psy op many of the riots, especially the ones where embassys got burned and there workers killed. This is not some accident thats' for sure. It's the use of Hegelian dialetic. Which simply means create the problem, then step in and provide the solution which is what TPTB use on the masses all the time to push there various agendas.

So here's the film. An no trying to take it down is pointless. Anything you try and force to take away from people they'll only search for it harder and look for it more. All that you can do is get the phase over and done with so people get over it and move on with the next Hegalian dialectic that TPTB are planning right now. harray harraw

Innocence of Muslims:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The reason google hasn't removed the video is because it doesn't violate their terms of service. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If the foundations of your religion are so weak that someone criticizing it causing the house of cards to collapse maybe you should take the hint.

If the worship within the boundaries of your religion are interrupted because a female flashes an ankle maybe there is nothing supernatural available to you via this way and your only success is through whatever efforts you do, maybe it isn't a religion.

If you have to load up yourself with rosary beads and repetitious reciting of a "prayer" to feel something, anything, maybe there isn't anything other-worldly there through that avenue.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

the fact that the creator of the video is not American, but Egyptian, that Americans were not aware of the video's existence until the riots started and Americans and America's interests have somehow become an issue can show and teach that most of the world is working together to take this country down by association and that we don't now and never had to do anything to any people.

Americans don't know enough about islam to make a movie about it and frankly...no one really cares enough about it to make a movie. we know what we need to know about muslims...that they seem to be emotionally delicate and unable to express themselves without the use of random acts of violence and they view wealthier and more accomplished societies with envy and hatred.

the truth is that everyone is that part of the world knows quite well that America has not committed a single crime in their land and the only crimes are committed by them upon us.

Americans deserve to be able to view the video and to know everything about its producers now that American lives and property have been destroyed because of it.

edit on 15-9-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Thank you.

Someone needs to tell the rioters in Egypt so they can feel free to burn all of their govt buildings down.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 08051962

I think there is a difference between free speech and hate speech, which is why I would never support the film. It is in very poor taste. If I had a vote, I'd vote to have it taken down. Why? Because I don't want my 14 year old daughter, who regularly watches song blips with the words, on YouTube - exposed to it.

I think the ethics of that issue between free speech and hate speech, is important to discuss. It's important that American's remember our constitutional rights and not let our own religious bias (or lack thereof) color their perceptions. Another freedom is our freedom to practice religion. Shouldn't that include a respect for beliefs differing from your own? As we are seeing in the Middle East, religious bias, creates mayhem and anger. Feelings can be hurt. National pride is national pride. It is not as if American's are the only one's who care about their way of life and beliefs.

I think it's also important to use logic and reasoning. Discussing and looking at issues from all sides.

I don't begrudge you your position or anything. I am American, and I cherish my rights too. I just find it a perplexing, but interesting, issue.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Why the he.ll should they take it down? It is freedom of speech. We value that in america. Get a grip people they are trying to take your rights

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
because youtube is owned by google and google is owned by the cia.

meanwhile, you can't show 3 seconds of a hollywood film, use a major label soundtrack as background music for your video or show a highlight of a barclays premier football match without violating hundreds of youtube terms and conditions.

but apparently show a movie that is provoking the death and destruction of americans overseas and provoking muslims to war and violence and youtube sees no problem in that.

edit on 15-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
how about this movie....do you think they should take it down too???

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Why don't we go out to these other peoples Embassy and do the same thing that they all seem to do ours ? Oh that's right Americans can't do such things!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by rambo1112
Wait what movie, what did I miss

Yes, a link would be nice.

Here you go. Seeeeee how absolutely stupid it is.

Is this the movie everyone is seriously talking about? It's a comedy right? It reminds me of naked gun, airplane and the likes. I mean obviously not with as good actors and script but I thought that was part of the parody.....

I am a very sensitive person why I have avoided looking for this hateful spiteful movie based on every ones comments, but if this is it I am wondering why I did not watch it sooner. It is actually pretty funny. (let's not exaggerate here)

I don't feel the movie should be taken down at all and I seriously hope that people do take a moment before getting worked up over something like this. I admit to being a sensitive person therefore some of the imagery was too much for me. But will I ask that the whole thing is taken down because I am over sensitive .No. I am a grown up and will chose what I watch based on my own preferences and knowledge of myself.

We need more of these things targeting everyone who take themselves and their own believes too seriously. In the end of the day it is people who do (take themselves too seriously) that causes the most harm in their fight to defend what ever it is they are being so serious about. Let's all make a "Sh*t ------ say/do" youtube video about everyone else until we've all been targeted. Because frankly we all need to wake up to the idea that it (life/ideas) really isn't that serious. Nothing is.
edit on 16/9/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
how about this movie....do you think they should take it down too???

This is a great rebuttal video to anti-Islamic parody, as representative of Christian concerns. Christians, have a right to be concerned about their congregation that is among a primarily Islamic State. Why would I have a problem with that? I'd have the same reaction, to an Islamic message of faith, reported in a responsible manner.

Where do we draw the line? The above video is obviously Christian bias, but is it in good taste? Is it considered responsible reporting, not by government, but by peer review? But that is MY opinion on how things should work, in getting everyone use to having a voice and using it. No one else is obliged to agree with me. I certainly didn't find the above video as disturbing as I found the parody anti-Islamic film, linked to throughout this thread..

I don't think the above video compares with the film the Islamic people are offended by. A personal rendition, parody, of an important world religion - is different. Christians have a wonderful sense of humor. They can endure and appreciate the parody in shows on TV. That doesn't mean we should expect others to be of our mentality! We fought our civil war, and I am proud of it. Hot damn, America is a beacon. Look at all the different people living together with one another over here! I'm not religious. So I don't really understand the Christian perspective or Islamic one. I just see us all, as one entire race.

I'm just trying to understand the us against them mentality. Why? It is a pointless endeavor. Besides, I want to see the art and creativity and ingenuity we are going to see from the liberation of Middle Eastern Women. It's such a complicated matter, truly. We should be concerned and active. Human rights and humanitarian efforts are really what is important at this point.

Are we adults, or do we still want to pretend we are children and blame ALL our problems on religion.

Even though I don't really know where or who this clip comes from. It isn't identified in the video. I already know, by the content of the video that it's Christian bias, (which is okay) it seems very concerned with the differences between the way the Western world treats children, and the Middle Eastern people treat their children. Which is a natural reaction a Western Christian would have, we idolize our children!

Fact is, we don't have the right! We went through our civil rights movements. In our culture we stopped inequality, (or at least are continually advocate and fight for it), we have freedom of speech, religion, the right to assembly, a voice. But shouldn't the people of the Middle East come to these realizations by their own movements? Within their own society? Shouldn't we allow them their growing pains?

In order for Muslim woman to have rights in an Islamic state, those woman are going to have to rise up and have their own woman's lib movement. I already can see the art and opinions these woman are going to have. Why shouldn't they be given their moment to grow? And impact the world through their own insights? What right do we have to deny them this? They need to establish this themselves. Westerners have nothing to do with it. We are suppose to be supporters of religious freedom. NOT JUST freedom of speech.

What if eastern Islamic Women want to communicate with their Middle Eastern counterpart Men, and earn their liberation. Why are we getting in the way of their own growth, shoving Christianity down their throat like the above video shows? The above video is great for showing the sympathetic Christian point of view....
But what about the other side, and everyone's opinion in between? Who has a say, and who doesn't?

We need to step back. Non intervention is the way of peace. In my opinion. But hey, that's just me. I respect, I was taught that, other people's right to belief. Not just in America, but everywhere. Period. It is that simple. We are what we want.

Please.
edit on 16-9-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: spacing

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
Don't we have the right, American's that is, to petition and protest that the movie is removed from the internet?

No, you have the Right to petition and protest your Government. You also have the Right, as a free person to not support and garner like minded folks to protest YouTube (aka. Google), but it is the company's right to keep the movie up.

Or at least censored from the public?

Where do we stop? A large portion of ATS users feel against religion, should they petition the censorship of it because they are "offended"?

Why would they advocate it? How dare we allow a corporation, an internet WEBSITE to represent America?

You are up in arms about this movie but have you seen the "art" that is littered on YouTube that "represents" the United States and our great cultural gift to the world?

Why continue to broadcast a movie that is inciting rioting in other parts of the world? Why are they not held up to scrutiny of their actions?

For hosting a clip that falls within their guidelines? Hateful or not, the narrative that this movie is what is causing the Islamic world to be set aflame is contrived at best.

Frustrating, it really is. The movie is so incredibly hateful and meant as an insult. I personally want, as a concerned citizen, it down.

Stop talking about it, ignore it and it will fall into the pit of the Internet graveyard of long forgotten clips. But the more you talk about it, complain and scream from mountain tops, the more it will draw the attention of those who just want to know. Thus keeping it alive.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join