It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't Youtube Take Down the Movie?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

militant islam is in grave danger right now...i don't think its gonna make it.

I sincerely hope you are correct.

They are a step backwards in the progress of civilization.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I sincerely hope you are correct.

They are a step backwards in the progress of civilization.

they are trapped in a space they don't control and their influence is failing. consequently...they made the tape.

only one way has been left open to them...hope they saved some explosive vests.
edit on 16-9-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by de_Genova

In reply to my own post: More on Freedom of Speech

FROM: THE EXCAVATOR A NIGHT WATCHMAN ON GUARD AGAINST THE SHADOW VULTURES OF STATE TERROR AND PSYWAR
SEPTEMBER 15, 2012

Freedom of Speech In The West Is Constrained By The "Conspiracy Theory" Label

What would free speech icon Voltaire say about the political and social marginalization of the 9/11 truth movement? "Have patience awhile; slanders are not long-lived. Truth is the child of time; erelong she shall appear to vindicate thee." - Immanuel Kant.

The dethroning of sacred narratives and sacred myths in a culture is impossible without a free press. No such institution exists in the West, which explains why the official 9/11 story is still considered a sacred narrative in the Western mind eleven years after the traumatic events.

There is censorship in the mainstream media, and most of it is self-censorship, as heroic British journalist Alan Hart said in this interview. What this proves is that America and the Western world is just as totalitarian as the Islamic Republic of Iran and the religion of Islam.

The Muslim world's intense reaction to the anti-Islam film which originated from America is a reminder that blasphemous offenses to totalitarian cultures and religions are not tolerated. People want their beliefs to be validated and consider them sacrosanct. Both rational criticism and monstrous insults are forbidden.

In Islam, Muhammad's image can't be criticized because it is sacred; in the West the official 9/11 story can't be criticized because it is sacred. The claim that there is freedom of speech in America and the West is a big lie. Sure, you can criticize Islam and foreign countries, but there are social and political restrictions upon speech when the 9/11 lie or the crimes of Israel are brought up for discussion.

The vicious trick that is used to cover up this blatant double standard is the "conspiracy theory" label. This label is the peaceful way of cutting off a heretic's head in the West. It is less savage than the Islamic method of dealing with heretics and blasphemous disbelievers, but it is just as effective.

People who use the label "conspiracy theorist" in a debate about the 9/11 events are intellectual savages who have the sword of error in their hand. They can't win the battle of ideas with rational arguments so they pull out their sword and tell you to submit to the official U.S. line on 9/11 or face the axe of ridicule. The individuals who refuse to kneel are branded as "conspiracy theorists," and "crazy truthers."

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Movie should stay.. End of story. Freedom of speech does exist my friend.. Though it seems hard to believe these days..

Not only should it stay but it should be laughed at because it's so bad. It'll be nice to know who created this so we can also laugh at them. The deceived 80 movie crew/actors are the ones not laughing. Right now it's them the world can see while those who made this edited version remain somewhat unknown, so it's only fair everyone involved with this film step forward and say hello.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I dont see the need to take down the video at all. Theres plenty of crap on youtube that I find offensive, but I dont ask them to take it down. I simply dont watch it.
They are protected by freedom of speech and freedom of the media. Dont like it? Dont watch it. That simple.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
I think there is a difference between free speech and hate speech, which is why I would never support the film. It is in very poor taste. If I had a vote, I'd vote to have it taken down. Why? Because I don't want my 14 year old daughter, who regularly watches song blips with the words, on YouTube - exposed to it.

I don't plan to watch the video and I don't plan to support it, but I still believe it should remain intact. I am glad to see you show an interest in what your minor child does on the internet - too many parents loose touch with that.

I think the ethics of that issue between free speech and hate speech, is important to discuss. It's important that American's remember our constitutional rights and not let our own religious bias (or lack thereof) color their perceptions.

So far, everything you have posted indicates that you do not believe in freedom of speech. The reason for this is unknown, but you have made this pretty clear.

Another freedom is our freedom to practice religion. Shouldn't that include a respect for beliefs differing from your own? As we are seeing in the Middle East, religious bias, creates mayhem and anger. Feelings can be hurt. National pride is national pride. It is not as if American's are the only one's who care about their way of life and beliefs.

What happened to teaching tolerance? If you choose with one side of an argument, you loose. As soon as we cater to one specific religion, then we have to cater to all of them - and you know what? Religion is no longer allowed to be talked about on the internet because every religion is considered disrespectful to at least one other religion out there. But why stop at religion? Add politics. Add anything else you find offensive. Poof. No more internet.

I think it's also important to use logic and reasoning. Discussing and looking at issues from all sides.

I do agree - use logic and reasoning. You haven't so far. You don't seem to understand that if you censor one, you censor all, and the internet may as well be turned off - nothing useful would be left on it because everything can be considered controversial and offensive to someone else. (I do mean everything.)

I don't begrudge you your position or anything. I am American, and I cherish my rights too. I just find it a perplexing, but interesting, issue.

You could have fooled me. You cherish your rights? You appear to have no clue what those rights are - or at least the ramifications of asking for them to be removed. Truly study this stuff - truly understand it - and then you realize that our rights do matter.

You can't believe in freedom of speech and censorship at the same time. If you have one, you can not have the other.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I believe in freedom of speech. Your free to your opinion, if you don't think I do. But when is it, that somebody is abusing their Freedom? That's a good question to dwell on. The issue isn't about the film makers right to belief and make whatever sort of movie he wants, (Freedom of Speech) but that doesn't mean it's appropriate for all audiences. I just am one of those people that expect responsible behavior when exercising our rights? I am exercising my Rights, right now! I just don't like the movie, and am really surprised that YouTube has had it up for so long. It's so contrived.

Which is my fear. That this is just a distraction, so that some policy changes can be made. While we are distracted, or that this is staged to undermine other freedoms that we have. For example, religion. I here people talking about it all the time. "What we need to do is outgrow religion". Never will everyone be at the same level of understand. It's a worthless endeavor. Now 33 countries at last count, are seeing protests, and not peacefully assembled ones like you see in America. You see, here's my thing. I CARE about those people in the Middle East. The violence is unjustifiable. It's a mess. People are getting killed and hurt.

I'm also rather appalled by the apathy displayed by so many people. Four people died, and attacked the embassy in Syria. I teach my kids to be mindful of other people feelings. So the film really offends that aspect of who I am.

Don't forget, it's all a jedi-mind trick, folks.

edit on 16-9-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
While freedom of speech and expression is great, it really has nothing to do with this. Youtube is a privately owned website. It has a terms of use agreement. The video doesn't violate it, therefore it isn't removed. There's nothing more elaborate about it.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
why should YouTube remove it? Think of the traffic they will be getting because of this.

Theirs reasons they shouldn't, but they should have took it down right when it went up, i doubt the people defending the video are literally willing to fight n die for a stupid video. But the people are overly sensitive n offended by it, actually are...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

Originally posted by Unity_99

Well I see something really dangerous with the Middle East consolidating under Sharia and China protesting to go into Japan, probably Korea next. Its NWO and the regions they are forming.

So they want to topple US and the West's freedom.

I don't see anything dangerous at all..just informative. the riots were going to happen anyway...but they had no good excuse to riot so an excuse was created for them. and that tape was the excuse...a copy of the movie will probably find its way to the Library of Congress.

That part makes zero sense "the riots would happen anyway" yet they still needed an excuse made up......!

Why would they happen anyway, without an excuse, if there was not a real agenda, which I believe is NWO/Agenda 21, where the world will be carved up into 10 regions with massive controls over freedom.

What my friend told me, is aside from the middle east consolidating, China will take over Japan and Korea, and then those 2 will invade the so called semi free nations.

And they're on a time schedule.

In agenda 21, where they wrote a section on women, and protection from violence world wide, I read, headscarves and burqa's.

Well, we'll be walking around in packs of women, with bear spray and clubs, wearing whatever we please if they even try to impose this crapola.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

How dare we allow a corporation, an internet WEBSITE to represent America?

You know that there are plenty of websites out there that are DEVOTED to hate groups in some form or another...

Do you think that THESE websites, "represent" America?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

Well I see something really dangerous with the Middle East consolidating under Sharia and China protesting to go into Japan, probably Korea next. Its NWO and the regions they are forming.

So they want to topple US and the West's freedom.

I don't see anything dangerous at all..just informative. the riots were going to happen anyway...but they had no good excuse to riot so an excuse was created for them. and that tape was the excuse...a copy of the movie will probably find its way to the Library of Congress.

That part makes zero sense "the riots would happen anyway" yet they still needed an excuse made up......!

Why would they happen anyway, without an excuse, if there was not a real agenda, which I believe is NWO/Agenda 21, where the world will be carved up into 10 regions with massive controls over freedom.

What my friend told me, is aside from the middle east consolidating, China will take over Japan and Korea, and then those 2 will invade the so called semi free nations.

And they're on a time schedule.

In agenda 21, where they wrote a section on women, and protection from violence world wide, I read, headscarves and burqa's.

Well, we'll be walking around in packs of women, with bear spray and clubs, wearing whatever we please if they even try to impose this crapola.

it makes sense if you consider that what you are witnessing,,,are things, from a certain point of view (but not mine), that were supposed to be happening in the United States.

we are looking at the version of the story where the closest the attack can get to America is its overseas embassies and an Ambassador instead of in Washington D.C. and our leaders there and playing outside your living room window.

the tape was a trigger but the protests are a misfire but they were going to happen; either here or there. as it is...this attack illustrates the much diminished potency of the weapons systems and capabilities of the terrorists that manufactured and deployed it...it seems they are little more than a local menace rather than a global threat. agenda 21 should probably be scaled back considerably from what you described. maybe whoever deployed the weapon can instead build a porch swing or something.

its difficult to explain because people are deficient in their ability to interpret what they are reading and seeing in the media.

some people even have decided they don't want people to understand and want them to believe in something called agenda 21...which is probably a complete failure as well.

only idiots make detailed plans and call them agendas and only morons believe in them; everyone else knows they will never happen.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
has anyone been toying with the idea that Sam Bacile aka Nakoula Basseley is an employee of the Ambassador...J. Christopher Stevens?

if so can you point me to where...that thread actually sounds interesting.

it may sound odd...but something about the tape reminded my wife of Stanley McChrystal and his Rolling Stone article from June 2010...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

You know that there are plenty of websites out there that are DEVOTED to hate groups in some form or another...

I do not believe that two wrongs make a right. Just because there are devoted hate groups websites, doesn't mean I have to hate them or agree with them. I just don't advocate it, I was surprised YouTube did, because not only I but my 9th grader uses YouTube. This thread is a discussion piece, as I'm very at odds with the moral and ethical issues. It's my Arrea of interest.

It's also interesting to see where people draw the line. Their lines of reasoning.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

I do not believe that two wrongs make a right. Just because there are devoted hate groups websites, doesn't mean I have to hate them or agree with them. I just don't advocate it, I was surprised YouTube did, because not only I but my 9th grader uses YouTube. This thread is a discussion piece. I'm very at odds with the moral and ethical issues. It's my Area of interest.

It's also interesting to see where people draw the line. Their lines of reasoning. It also helps me critically think about the topic.

Peace

edit on 16-9-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Iv had a video taken down in seconds just because of the music. this video weather people agree with it or not as stirred up a lot of #. and Imo opinion is nothing more than a childish dig at a religion. You tube know they could of pulled this video within seconds, minutes at the most minutes, And I think they must have known it to be offensive.
edit on 16-9-2012 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The movie seemed a bit overboard I guess, offensive to Islams who can't stand free speech or anything critical to their religion. But it's only a movie, nothing more. If a person has real faith and trust in the god they say they serve, someone else's opinion means nothing. But as you can see by the reaction to the movie that this is severely lacking.

They put a crucifix in a jar of urine and called it art. Christians didn't burn down the house and riot in streets killing people. They made multiple degrading movies about Christ, even one with him being a homosexual. Again the Christians were not going absolutely foaming at the mouth rabidly crazy. But a single critical cartoon, or a badly made movie, and 1.5 billion Islams go off whacking people, rioting, burning, and shouting death to everyone.

You be the judge, but I say free speech is just that, free speech, and until the Islams finally take over the world and force everyone to submit, that's just the way it is. And that's why we are speeding into WW3 where someone's numbers are going to be pretty much reduced.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I hope your take on this is right on, because I would prefer that. With so many plans that did get carried out, our oceans are poisoned and radiated, the water systems are being destroyed, things seem to move ahead relentlessly, and they seem to tie into things like agenda 21, where even water would be a precious commodity and the new oil.

I read about tons of tornados destroying family farms, and I knew they were scalar technology. Humans are being held as hostages, and the new act signed in by the US makes its own citizens the new enemy of state. So they see us as an enemy to their global monopoly and ownership of everything, I guess.

So to just suggest this is not happening, when every water system imagineable is turning radiated and poison. Oops now Russia just admitted to radiating the North Sea by storing its nuclear waste or whatever that was there.

I prefer to be very watchful, and on the ball as to the possiblities going on here and write about this, so they know at least some of us know and we're going tto spread the truth if they try to pull anything off.

But I hope you're right!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join