It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't Youtube Take Down the Movie?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It is Only the Administration and the controlled Media puppets that are making the Noise that the "Innocence of Muslims" movie is the reason for the Cairo embassy ruckus and the US Embassy in Libya to be attacked by gunfire/invaded and 4 Embassy personnel murdered and raped by some accounts....
(btw, i can only locate the 6? minute Trailer...it was sooo dumb i was glad it was so short)

the Administration & media SPIN about the multi-national and multi continent militant attacks was not because of the YT trailer or movie.. it is because of the drone attacks of AQ & other militant leaders meant to coincide with Sept 11th anniversary

the most ardent protests are happening in the Muslim Brotherhood controlled nations, Libya & Egypt...for right now.
One can Thank mr. Øbama for both funding the takeovers and hiring the AQ mercineries of those north african nations ...and having all that promised 'clout' he professed to have over the Muslims because he grew up in Muslim society and the USA would magically be at peace with Islam if he were President (re: 2008 campaign speech & promises)

but expect all the attacks to ratchet up all over the Islamic Caliphate core nations, together with the Saudi Salafist Jihadists...
The Persians have been on standby for several months now with the advisement that they prepare for the global chaos that preceeds the Mahdi 6 months before he arrives/appears...

the world is now in the 6 month window of the REappearance of the 12th Imam

edit on 15-9-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by UziLiberman
you can tell the fear agenda is going well when people beg further restrictions on their liberties.

the war on terror is over, terror won.

I advocate pulling out of Islamic countries, coming home and becoming a self-sustaining and self-sufficient country. I think that we should concentrate on the US, and leave countries who don't want us there alone.

I think foreign aid should cease and we should distance ourselves from foreign policy.

What do you think we should do? Stay or go?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Hi Cirque,
Personally, I LOVE your avatar! But, if we give muslims the right to censor a really BAD movie, then you gotta know that your avatar offends them to no end. Give them a little leeway and they'll be telling us what to wear. So here, I fixed your avatar to placate the Muslims. Please note: The sword is perfectly fine - they will love that!

I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. Brilliant Jigger.

I see where you are coming from. I too, when the violence began and I saw the trailer, shrugged my shoulders and said, "What's the big deal?". I believe and cherish what is left of our Constitution. I just am tenuous on what is left that is not corrupt.

So do you think we need to stay? Or should we come home?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The movie trailer is being used as an excuse for the violence. That isn't what started it to begin with. It is being kept there because it is being used as an excuse for the current administration to have something to place blame upon.

And if I am correct, the maker of the film uses two different names and is an Israeli Jew. Too bad he is now cowering in his home afraid for his life. Like he didn't think it was going to piss alot of people off. I say, let them have at him, which is beside the point.

The movie is being left because it is a distraction and an excuse.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

Hi Cirque,
Personally, I LOVE your avatar! But, if we give muslims the right to censor a really BAD movie, then you gotta know that your avatar offends them to no end. Give them a little leeway and they'll be telling us what to wear. So here, I fixed your avatar to placate the Muslims. Please note: The sword is perfectly fine - they will love that!

I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. Brilliant Jigger.

I see where you are coming from. I too, when the violence began and I saw the trailer, shrugged my shoulders and said, "What's the big deal?". I believe and cherish what is left of our Constitution. I just am tenuous on what is left that is not corrupt.

So do you think we need to stay? Or should we come home?

Phew! I am so glad you took the avatar change in the way I'd intended. And it's really an embarrassment to mankind that we actually have to think about these things.

Do we come home? Definitely. That mess over there cannot be fixed.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Freedom of speech, in today's America, means you can yell "FIRE" in a crowded theatre.

Your local theatre, your current theatre of war or the church of your choice. Same MO, same result: loss of American lives.

But what church did this message come from? Heavy accusation when the "simbacile" has 2 identities floating.
Not trying to be rude but can you explain what you mean please/?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld

Originally posted by michaelbrux
now that its up it should be allowed to remain.

and more details about the producers of the video should be made available. where was Nakoula born? doesn't sound like an American name to me.

this story and all its particulars should be kept for posterity...a teaching tool for generations of Americans to come.

Are you kidding me????
Who cares who the producers are. Who cares where they are from or what their names are. They made a MOVIE. So what if people don't like it.
In comparison this is like blaming a girl who gets raped for dressing provocatively.
Surely you are not blaming the movie maker for the actions of these lunatics, are you?
edit on 15-9-2012 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

The producer of this vile movie lied to the participants and created something they would not have participated in if they had known what the intention was.

This monstrosity was written, financed, and then people were duped into participating. It is fraud.

The producer has not only caused global outrage (something I don't think he/they should be held accountable for), they have damaged the careers of individuals, and made them targets for attack by lying to them about the intention of the project.

I think most sane people agree that NOTHING excuses the actions of a violent religious mob. If they don't like something they don't have to see it. If I don't like something, I don't watch it.

But, the person responsible for this video lied to people, harmed their careers and put their lives at risk. For those things, the person should be tracked down and prosecuted.

I don't think it should be removed from the internet, and I don't think anyone has the right to demand that Google or YouTube take that action. They are private companies, they have not broken any laws, no one has the right to make those kinds of demands on a company.

If you don't like the choices a company makes even when those choices are not illegal, don't use that company. Just as we can say that if you don't like the video, don't watch it!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Do we come home? Definitely. That mess over there cannot be fixed.

Even if EVERY vestige of Western Influence, was eradicated from the Middle East, there will ALWAYS be those, who would want to commit terror, in the name of Religion, or Prophet, home or abroad. That being said, I still believe peace can be attained, if people stopped teaching their children to hate. It would take a few generations, but it could be attained. Just MHO.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
YT is waiting for either the State Department or the DHS to declare the movie a 'hate crime' and of strategic significance to the global interests of the USA.... then the 'freedom of speech' aspect remains intact
but the film gets censored for national security reasons

the wheels of bureacuracy grind slowly sometimes
thanks

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

Churches are theatres too, HamrHeed... no more and no less than your local cinema. There's no difference, imho, from a Coptic Christian stirring up trouble using films to some Imam supplying American flags and lighter fluid for protests or the US military promoting themselves through Hollywood films like Top Gun.

It's all propoganda for the masses.

What the release of that film onto Youtube did was tantamount to yelling fire in a threatre of war and, as a result, got Americans killed. The producer needs jail time over this for incitement.
edit on 15/9/12 by masqua because: clarity

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I agree.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
YT is waiting for either the State Department or the DHS to declare the movie a 'hate crime' and of strategic significance to the global interests of the USA.... then the 'freedom of speech' aspect remains intact
but the film gets censored for national security reasons

the wheels of bureacuracy grind slowly sometimes
thanks

Wow..are we then also declaring all cartoons and satire "hate crime"..eg. Saturday Night life where they make fun of Germany: HATECRIME!!!

Monthy Python: The whole team needs to be prosecuted and executed - hate crimes without an end!

Any comedian needs to be shot as well! Hate crimes against blacks, jews, gays...you name it.

So..yes, let's bow down and gradually incorporate Islamic law INTO OUR CULTURE...every negative opinion against Allah, Mohammed etc. must become a hate crime!

Everyone who is lying, scamming, hoaxing or conducting propaganda on Youtube..needs to be persecuted as well! I recommend hacking off their arms, for a start!

Allah Akhbar!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by opal13

I agree of course. We all know regime change is a desired goal. But we need change over here too. There is major corruption within the Government. We all know Corporate Interests dictate to our government what actions we take.

I too think it is a distraction So why keep FEEDING the machine? Shouldn't the media be covering what this means for America. It is now 22 countries that are seeing anti-american protests, supposedly fueled by that youtube clip. Good grief.

I don't care where the movie director came from. I don't care about his religious belief. I don't even think anything as far as legal action should happen to him. That shouldn't be relative! If supporting the movie/freedom of speech = war, the only recourse left is to come home and let them hang. Withdraw our people and support and let them do it for themselves. We all know how that will go. But really. America could be self-sustaining. Why are we responsible for their behavior? It will only cause more violence. But they have a right to be offended and protest for themselves. Middle Eastern people have the right to say - get out of my country if you are going to disrespect my beliefs in such a way.

So where is the compromise or is there no compromise? Is this an issue to allow our leaders to use against us? What is all this leading to? What is the end game?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

All hail Allah!

We have no other option. We wouldn't want to offend any Muslims.

Once we have all converted, whose heads will they cut off?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

So one man becomes the scapegoat for all the violence and people killed because he made a movie? But, BUT, the film should remain. YouTube is a private company and are free to air something, somebody else was jailed for?

Come on...
That doesn't make ANY sense.

I understand that people who participated in the film are claiming "I didn't know". But the movie was actually released in July wasn't it? There are so many holes in this story. I want to know how it made it past YouTube's censoring, as crap is removed consistently at their discretion. Why are they not also being held responsible for inciting continued violence by letting the video remain?

Oh boy. What a mess. We should just shake our heads, and come home. Leave them too each their own.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Because that's not good for freedom of speech.

Imagine this,
People convince the American Government to force Youtube to CENSOR the video,
The Government then passes laws to enabling them to CENSOR unsavoury content from online sources
Government now has control to block anything online that they find offensive.

Then you can say goodbye to such sites as ATS.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

How about this. Let's skip the government, because WE the People are suppose to represent the government. Why don't we the people ask YouTube to take down the offensive clip? Why bring the politicians into it? What about the film maker? Can't he claim copyright and have it yanked?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Sadly some people in the ME believe this,

www.egyptindependent.com...

At this very moment, Americans are piling into movie theaters, cheering through their popcorn at the notion of the Islamic prophet as a goat-romancing child molester, and sending “The Innocence of Muslims” to the top of the box office charts. It’s an evil that must be stopped at all costs, or at least, “before the film is released in European cinemas,” urges Ahmed Ibrahim as, behind him, three of his colleagues collect rocks off the rubble-strewn street and dump them onto an improvised sling — a tattered and stained Egyptian flag.

Misguided as their efforts may be — like most protesters at the scene, Ibrahim believes “The Innocence of Muslims” is a Hollywood production that, like any local or international film released in Egypt, and presumably elsewhere, passes through several rounds of censorship and receives official state approval from its own government before seeing the light of day

“We want a formal apology from [US President Barack] Obama, we want the filmmakers executed, and we want all copies of the film destroyed,” another protester cut in. “All those tapes must be burned.”

“It’s wrong to attack the embassy.” But then the conversation is interrupted by two younger men who claim the film was financed, in part at least, by the US government. “See?” Mohamed replies with a look of disgust, before following the two men in the direction of the temporarily guarded embassy.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0nZ

Because that's not good for freedom of speech.

Imagine this,
People convince the American Government to force Youtube to CENSOR the video,
The Government then passes laws to enabling them to CENSOR unsavoury content from online sources
Government now has control to block anything online that they find offensive.

Then you can say goodbye to such sites as ATS.

The BHO/Hillary team have a twofold objective here - one is to foment terror in the Middle East so as to gain more power and control and the other is to foment unrest and indecisiveness in America as regards the 1st amendment right to freedom of speech etc...........the dictatorship is firmly entrenched and there's only one course of action to remedy the dire situation we find ourselves in - the same remedy as was resorted to in 1776!!!
edit on 15-9-2012 by de_Genova because: text

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by de_Genova

What exactly are you promoting here? I've said it before I'll say it again. I'm all for pulling out of the middle east and coming home. Let them have their independence.

I thought the goal was to wake people up, get them aware. Why is it unreasonable to be concerned? Why do you think it's unreasonable to revisit and contemplate our Constitution? I thought it was so altered with executive orders and Acts, that it isn't even the same document anymore. So which is it? I thought that was what everyone wanted here on ATS. That is usually what is spouted. Deny ignorance.

Really?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join