It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't the Obama administration talk about anti-Christian speech?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

It's remarkable that right-wing Americans seem to be focusing on the admins attempts to calm the situation by stating what many sane people think already - that it's a shame someone used their freedom to insult others and deliberately cause anger.

That is not an apology, that is a statement of fact.

Obama has also stated, on the record, for everyone to see, that there is NO EXCUSE, regardless of your religious beliefs, for attacking others.

IMO, the administration did everything right here. They issued a statement making it clear that Americans do not agree with the intention of the film, but they also stated that this is no excuse for violence. Several other world leaders released a similar statement.

Would you rather Obama went on TV and screamed "freedom of speech suckers!"

This is being turned into an internal US political tool, and those using it are sick little f'ers. Obama didn't apologize for the video, he used diplomatic language (something the Repubs are incapable of doing) to calm the situation and make it clear that Americans understand the insult and were not to blame. He also defended freedom of speech and opinion.

I am no Obama fan, but this is being twisted by right-wingers for political gain, and it's disgusting.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

IMO, the administration did everything right here. They issued a statement ... .

Empathizing with barbarians may meet the approval of some, but it serves no purpose beyond political grandstanding.

"Leading from behind" has resulted in Zeru positive diplomatic results.
Hollow criticism of religion critics serves only to magnify the administrations duplicity; where's the indignation against those who make pejorative statements about non-Islamic religions?

I've yet to hear a single "Progressive" decry mockery of Catholics, fundamentalist Christians, Mormons, Scientologists, et al.

What so many "progressives" snickeringly approve, they now "condemn" and "reject" for nothing more than political gain.

Pathetic Hypocrites, all.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Probably because if someone says "Jesus was a homosexual", Christians just get mad and harumph harumph a lot.

Not go out in the streets and murder people en masse.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Probably because if someone says "Jesus was a homosexual", Christians just get mad and harumph harumph a lot.

Not go out in the streets and murder people en masse.

/TOA

Just saying "jesus was a homosexual" makes no sense anyways.. (I know you're not saying that, just pointing)
If they understood the SIGNificance of who Jesus was, their knees would break and heads sink.
Earthly labels.. Have importance in the shallow ends of our minds
edit on 15-9-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Here's what Hillary said:

I also want to take a moment to address the video circulating on the Internet that has led to these protests in a number of countries. Let me state very clearly – and I hope it is obvious – that the United States Government had absolutely nothing to do with this video. We absolutely reject its content and message. America’s commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. And as you know, we are home to people of all religions, many of whom came to this country seeking the right to exercise their own religion, including, of course, millions of Muslims. And we have the greatest respect for people of faith.

To us, to me personally, this video is disgusting and reprehensible. It appears to have a deeply cynical purpose: to denigrate a great religion and to provoke rage. But as I said yesterday, there is no justification, none at all, for responding to this video with violence. We condemn the violence that has resulted in the strongest terms, and we greatly appreciate that many Muslims in the United States and around the world have spoken out on this issue.

Exactly as I said in the original post. Blame the video. The video led to the protest. Half of the people protesting probably never saw the video. So now this video and this guy is to blame when we need to look at Middle East policies and why security wasn't beefed up at embassies around 9/11.

This is Hillary speaking for Obama. She's his Secretary of State. I know people do anything to protect Obama. So now, the Secretary of State doesn't have a President.

Show me where Obama or Hillary has defended Christians from speech from the left?

The video is a scapegoat for radical clerics and extremist to do these things and it's an excuse by Obama and the liberal media to avoid talking about Obama's Middle East policy and why security wasn't beefed up at Embassies around 9/11.

"Secstate hilde-beast:
"It was the video! it was the video!
V-i-d-e-o-!
( not:"we came we saw he died"....)

Yes m'am of course it was...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The Obama Administration and the Main Stream Media is trying to put the blame all on this movie. This is because there's no way Muslim radicals could hate America while the great one Obama is in office. The only reason why they hated America in the first place was because of Bush.

This is the silly mentality of liberals.

It's also sad what the Feds are doing to the guy who made the movie. Their going after him for using his free speech. So they wanted You Tube to take down the video and a local police department brought him in for questioning because of the urging of the Federal Government.

When has the Administration went after an anti-Christian video or an anti-Christian film maker?

They were yelling Obama is Guilty, Obama is Guilty in the streets not because of some video. The left wants the narrative that they only hated America because of Bush and now they're walking in the streets singing We Are the World because of Obama. So it has to be the video and now the Feds are going after the Christian film maker.

I talked in another posts about Obama's collective salvation and Black Liberation Theology. Pretty soon, anyone that's seen as a traditionalist or Christian Conservative will be seen as standing in the way of collective salvation. So it's not the radical extremist but it's the film maker who the Government is blaming.

The liberals can't get it through their heads that these extremist hate America and that will not change unless we give them a Nuke to bomb Israel. Even then they will still hate America who they call the Great Satan.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

I'd love to see this. In these exact words.
This would actually gain him some of my respect back.

edit on 15-9-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious

Originally posted by detachedindividual

I'd love to see this. In these exact words.
This would actually gain him some of my respect back.

edit on 15-9-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

I might even vote for him... probably not, but still that would rock!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." --in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified (Watch video clip)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Because all the Anti Bullying measures he has been pushing and passing don't apply to Christians.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Because all the Anti Bullying measures he has been pushing and passing don't apply to Christians.

Because Christians aren't regularly targeted by FOX NEWS, Americas largest MSM outlet

Christians get free reign to hate in America

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

And your proof is?

What hate are you referring to?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Because Christians aren't regularly targeted by FOX NEWS, Americas largest MSM outlet

Thats your reason? Media blitzes?
You do realize that fox news only captures a 1 figure percentage of the total poppulation in their ratings?
The other corporate media has no chance because almost 100% of their programming is anti american and anti conservative/.
I loved how beck smoked you guys though, even when he's just another puppet show. Yall didn't like the truth leaking out.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Funny, I just watched the Steve Jobs hologram parody where he kicks Jesus off of a cloud...and I don't see an uprising anywhere. Am I offended by it? Not at all. Who cares, it's a stupid cartoon. There's more the picture over in the middle east as we all know. I don't believe for a second that the youboob video had anything to do with the violence taking place.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

IMO the video was specifically engineered and designed to provoke response. It is pouring salt in an open wound and needs to be addressed.

Anti Christian hate speech is wrong as well. But, currently, the immediate concern is trying to diffuse this current event. Once that's done - then the dialogue about other issues should be tabled.

~Heff

I see it differently. To me this is a good revealing. It's just a video, and it has truths in it, just like zeitgeist did, and if people have real Faith and Goodness in them they are not caught up in the fundamentalist viewpoints but using discernment, and they wouldn't follow orders blindly either.

Also that this came out and we see what Islam is really like is a very good thing.

I like truth not lies, would rather live in a world where we can speak freely and see how people respond myself. Reveal who the kids and who needs some help becoming more peaceful.

Actually, that would rather live in a world were we speak our truths and poke institutes with a stick as much as we want.

We do, and I won't allow them to pass unlawful legislation and try to prohibit that right.

If they do, will never obey any illegal, legislation that is against the constitution and tries to destroy freedom of speech.

I'd grab a bullhorn.

edit on 15-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
12/21/2012 Iran is going to make it happen. They have said so publicly many times.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
12/21/2012 Iran is going to make it happen. They have said so publicly many times.

And? Supporting links? Waiting...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Thats your reason? Media blitzes?
You do realize that fox news only captures a 1 figure percentage of the total poppulation in their ratings?
The other corporate media has no chance because almost 100% of their programming is anti american and anti conservative/.
I loved how beck smoked you guys though, even when he's just another puppet show. Yall didn't like the truth leaking out.

I love how you proved my point by offering up you FOX NEWS indoctrination freely

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

And your proof is?

What hate are you referring to?

The hate Conservative Media drums into the hearts of Cultural Conservatives.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
America is on the verge of a great evolution in terms of dropping Christianity for the truth. Its all part of the New World Order.

However other countries aren't as willing to give up their Gods. USA has had tons of anti-religious films from Life of Brian to Dogma to Religilous. From the 80's, 90's to today. Humans here in America are ready mentally to give up their God for the truth. Once the world leaders deem the time is right to release such news.

But by the looks of how other countries reacted to a silly youtube trailer....... it seems these humans would DIE for their make believe Gods. Thats a step back on the evolution scale. DEATH TO AMERICA!!!!!

edit on 15-9-2012 by waltdisney because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join