It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't the Obama administration talk about anti-Christian speech?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

How do you figure? If they are "God-given," I doubt there's some sort of qualification test or application process.
The mods' pathetic pandering knows not the bounds of logic or linguistics; no?

The member who keeps wanting to use "mod" as some sort of slur knows not the stark reality that not everyone in this world adheres to his religious belief or sensibilities. The act of impressing ones own interpretation of "God" upon all of the world is pretty much the source of 90% of the worlds problems right now.

Originally posted by jdub297
I have yet to find any "culture" that does not respect individual rights. Collective surrender of individual identity doesn't necessarily imply inclusion.

Do the words "China", "Shariah Law", "Burma" - or a laundry list of others ring any bells?

~Heff

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thus, according to your "logic," Chinese citizens are justifiably punished for failure to adhere to the "Party line." The Burmese, Sunni or Shia are justifiably murdered for rejection of the mainstream ideology.

It doesn't matter whether anyone believes in an imaginary supreme being or not. You may cheapen the values of those who so believe all you want. Anyone who professes that an individual human being isn't entitled to certain basic freedoms equates man with amoebae. If my thoughts and noises hurt your feelings, piss off.

Sadly, the United States of America was founded upon principles different from yours. They once purported to value individualism and independent thought. Now, it seems, the collective, or "progressive," psyche is paramount.

You've let your leftist perspective distort your vision so much that you've completely lost sight of the thread!

Why doesn't the Left criticize the denigration of Christian fundamentalists, et al?

How pathetic.

jw

edit on 14-9-2012 by jdub297 because: idiocy

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Christianity has been under serious attack for decades. The far left cannot tolerate religion at all, as evidenced by the writings of Karl Marx, and it was communism which tried so hard at the turn of the century to eliminate religion altogether. That is an absolute fact. Secular Humanism has grown in decades also, and simply replaces the religion of God with the religion of man.

I find it seriously nuts that leftists who hate Christianity will go out of their way to defend Islam and Shariah Law. Very strange.
edit on 14-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

The act of impressing ones own interpretation of "God" upon all of the world is pretty much the source of 90% of the worlds problems right now.

Wait, what? I thought it was the evil bankers, and now it's the evil religious people.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Christianity has been under serious attack for decades. The far left cannot tolerate religion at all, as evidenced by the writings of Karl Marx, and it was communism which tried so hard at the turn of the century to eliminate religion altogether. That is an absolute fact. Secular Humanism has grown in decades also, and simply replaces the religion of God with the religion of man.

I find it seriously nuts that leftists who hate Christianity will go out of their way to defend Islam and Shariah Law. Very strange.

Interesting comment missing the condemnnation by the left of those far right religious koran thumpers all over the globe.

Instead they make excuses for them where they never make any excuses for those bible thumpers in the Us.

Quite the hypocrisy there.(theirs).
edit on 14-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

It is evil religious bankers, and Corporations too, but I digress. I should clarify and say that 90% of the worlds financial woes are bankster related. The religious zealots can only claim to be the cause of 90% of the wars. So I stand corrected.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

It is evil religious bankers, and Corporations too, but I digress. I should clarify and say that 90% of the worlds financial woes are bankster related. The religious zealots can only claim to be the cause of 90% of the wars. So I stand corrected.

~Heff

Sorry Heff that sounds like what Hitler said during the rising of nazism, all the German peoples problems were caused by those evil rich banksters who just so happened to be Jewish.

People say what we are witinessing is akin to the rise of nazism in the 30's too many parallels with a few elite manipulating the world via religion for a modern twist to the same crap different day.
edit on 14-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The reason Hitler gained power was that he couched his agenda in real world woes - thus the mass support. Then he simply replaced the old corrupt system with his version of it. One that benefited him.

My agenda doesn't have world domination anywhere in it. I'd like an open tab at the local bar and maybe a new computer. My greed stops there.

Avarice is a huge problem in this society. I don't mind rich people being as rich as they want to be. I just think they should follow a reasonable code of ethics. Currently, many do not.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Actually, if you want to follow the rabbit down the hole, check into the CFR........

This hole, runs deep.

Conspiracy theorists will say that the Council on Foreign Relations is a think tank organization for those who promote the agenda of the New World Order, basically the ultra wealthy, powerful, and corporate elite. Many distinguished authors have written about the CFR, which, to a limited extent, gives the conspiracy theorists some credibility....

Over the years, the national media has issued brief reports on the corporate elite acknowledging their influence. In the September 1, 1961 issue of the Christian Science Monitor, the CFR was described as “probably one of the most influential, semi-public organizations in the field of foreign policy"... It has staffed almost every key position of every administration since FDR. In a May 1962 article in Esquire, Richard H. Rovere said... The directors of the CFR make up a sort of Presidium for that part of the Establishment that guides our destiny as a nation.

U.S. Politics: How does the Council on Foreign Relations influence policy decision making in the United States? If not, then what is the significance of this 'autonomous' think-tank? Basically, what is the purpose behind the organization, and do its analysis and articles ever influence or impact world politics?

Crazy conspiracy theory's.......

BTW, I never would have thought about it, if it wasn't for ATS.....

edit on 14-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Sounds like the rise of Islamofacsism to me and the recent events of the past week and 40 years.

Your agenda doesn't wouldn't argue that but others have a different one, and religion is a facade, the cover of the book.

Turn the pages of that book and it is like anything else it is all about power,control,manipulation, and money.

The world is the same as it ever was religion is a means to an end some people cry "democracy" some people manipulate others "as divine will".

The hate the current world but they want to replace it with the "new and improved new boss is the same as the old boss".

Which is why the West has progress in the past 2000 years and the Middle East never left the starting line.

America would look like the middle east had we never came out of the dark ages.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Maybe I'm naive neo, my friend... but I truly believe that the average folks, in any culture, would all get along perfectly fine if it weren't for the ones at the top always stirring up trouble to keep us divided, angry, and distracted. I don't hate Muslims any more than I hate Christians, Jews, Taoists, Buddhists, or Hindi's.

I've met a lot of folks, from very diverse cultures and they struck me as very much like myself. Labels separate us and blind us. But contact and discourse? These things bring us together. Hell, it worked for us once we stopped going for each others jugulars.Right?

~Heff

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Better to be naive and an optimist than what we have seen the past week.

The meek shall inherit the earth.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

The only strange part is that some on the Left seem to think that religion is just a game instead of a way of life for adherents:

Dear Muslims, Christians, Hindus, and Jews,
You’re living in the age of the Internet. Your religion will be mocked, and the mockery will find its way to you. Get over it.

www.slate.com... ce_.html

And, yet, the Left defends the admininstration's fake "outrage" over criticism of a specific theology.

jw

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I guess the term "Religion" doesn't include Christianity.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic

Why should we walk on egg shells to please extremist? If every American never mentioned Islam, they would still hate America. They don't need a You Tube video as an excuse.

Imagine if Mexico was taking over Texas, and by force pushing Texan
Americans up north, and the rest of the world just kept quiet.

This is what Israel is doing for years, and you and your government are just cool with that.

Well the people of middle East are not cool with it

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Better to be naive and an optimist than what we have seen the past week.

The meek shall inherit the earth.

I totally agree, the meek by the way means those not presently in power, always important to keep this in mind.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Sounds like the rise of Islamofacsism to me and the recent events of the past week and 40 years.

Your agenda doesn't wouldn't argue that but others have a different one, and religion is a facade, the cover of the book.

Turn the pages of that book and it is like anything else it is all about power,control,manipulation, and money.

And look inside that Islamo Fascist book

And BEHOLD!

It is the same book that Conservative Christians in America use!

it is all about power,control,manipulation, and money.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I think that the answer is simple.

When people say anti-Christian things, the Christians do no organize and start rioting and killing.

That wouldn't fly with Jewish overlords and bankers because in Israel they have a TV show where
Jesus is a monkey talking to a almost completely naked Israeli chick

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Anti Christian hate speech is wrong as well.

Really? Why?

We can't hate certain beliefs?

That's an interesting distinction on freedom of speech. If you don't believe in Christianity, if you view it as horribly immoral, don't express it verbally... it's wrong! The Christians said so.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join