It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't the Obama administration talk about anti-Christian speech?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

You don't make any sense to me. Every time I read one of your posts, I get a confused look on my face. I'm trying my best to have a discussion with you, but I'm starting to think it's not going to happen...

Originally posted by neoholographic
Where have they talked about anti-christian speech from the Left?

ANY time they talk about anti-religious speech, THAT INCLUDES CHRISTIANITY. So, they've talked about it many times. From the left? From ANYWHERE.

Again, this isn't about a You Tube video. It's about Obama's Middle East policies. It's about their support of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Yeah, I don't use talking points for discussion.

So the video is a scapegoat to say...

The video is the impetus. Like the banana peel. It is not to blame, but it was there. It led to the fall. You're parsing words to make your case and it's just flimsy as hell.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Here's a video of Press Secretary Jay Carney saying:

Carney: Protests not directed at the United States

'This is not a case of protests directed at the United States writ large or at U.S. policy, this is in response to a video that is offensive to Muslims'

freebeacon.com...

I guess Jay Carney doesn't speak for Obama either.

The fact is, they're trying to use the video as an excuse not to talk about Obama's Middle East policies or the lack of security at Embassies, they just want to blame the video.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Without the video, there wouldn't be attacks.

Without the blindness to truth that happens when people get fanatical with religion, there wouldn't be attacks. I blame it on the blindness of the fanatics. They can't handle when someone has a different opinion then they do. They don't even bother to control themselves. And they don't have an open mind to the fact that they could simply be wrong about what they believe ....

(More likely, these extremists would have found another reason to attack.

I agree with this as well. They'd find any excuse.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That's just silly. The video isn't some banana peel LOL.

They hate America period. This is something that no amount of Obama bowing can change.

Obama administration even said, it's not about America or U.S. policies, it's about a video.

GIVE ME A BREAK!!

If every American never mentioned Islam, they would still feel the same about us.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

reply to post by LeatherNLace

Oh, for Christ's sake! That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! Thanks for explaining, though. Jesus, talk about parsing words! Where is the sense here? Of course the video is not at fault. But it did lead to the attacks. Without the video, there wouldn't be attacks. (More likely, these extremists would have found another reason to attack.)

Wow, why the harsh words towards me? I totally agree with you and expressed the sentiment through my analogy in my previous post.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Obama administration even said, it's not about America or U.S. policies, it's about a video.

That was pretty darn silly of them to say. It's obvious that the video is just an excuse and a ploy used for bigger purposes. The terrorists planned the hits, and they used a video that no one has seen and that has been out for 6 months, as an excuse to incite an anti-American crowd. Maybe some of the anti-American chanting yahoooos were there because they aren't smart enough to understand the truth of the situation, but the 'big guys' who planned the hits and killings didn't do so because of a video. They did so out of pure hate for America ... because we aren't an Islamic nation.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

They weren't aimed at you. Just as expression of frustration once I understood what people were saying. Sorry for the misunderstanding...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

That's just silly. The video isn't some banana peel LOL.

Of course the video is not a literal banana peel. The video is a catalyst for the violence, much like the banana peel would be for a slip and fall. Obviously there are other circumstances necessary for the reaction to occur. if it hadn't been the video (or a banana peel), then there would have been some other catalyst to cause the same reaction.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

They weren't aimed at you. Just as expression of frustration once I understood what people were saying. Sorry for the misunderstanding...

No worries. Sometimes it's difficult to gauge a comment when all you have to go by is text.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Could it be that our administration does not complain about any anti-christian speech because they know sooner or later someone will start to point out you tube videos like these?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

This may not be so good for the rest of our middle east relations if too many people were to watch them.

I am only pointing out that there is another side to this coin.

I am not trying to pass on any commentary about the content of these videos.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

IMO the video was specifically engineered and designed to provoke response. It is pouring salt in an open wound and needs to be addressed.

Anti Christian hate speech is wrong as well. But, currently, the immediate concern is trying to diffuse this current event. Once that's done - then the dialogue about other issues should be tabled.
~Heff

And as you are a Christian, you know very well what time we live in. You would also know that the Lord Jesus has commenced the taking down of Babylon through the deceived leadership of this world. You are correct, this entire situation was engineered and designed to produce a desired response. However, since it was "engineered", there will be no real dialogue about other issues at a later date because the solution has already been engineered. It's the entire point of what is coming - "out of chaos comes order." - or as scripture would put it, "out of Babylon (confusion) comes one language". Babel. Son of perdition. What we are witnessing over the past few days is nothing of what is coming. This isn't chaos, that is very shortly to arrive.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Without the video, there wouldn't be attacks.

Seriously?

Have people not been paying attention to the last 40 years?

From the Lockerbie bombing to every embassy bombing , and the Uss cole to both world trade center attacks and other events that seem to get left out.

Those people have hated the West for decades

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

You quoted Barack Obama thusly:

We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others

When can we expect Barack Obama to refect the mockery of Catholics, Mormons, Scientologists, Christians (generally) and "fundamentalists" of every religion?

What we've seen in the [ast few days is the administration's clear politicization of a religion to pander votes. Nothing more. Nothing less.

NPR's Tell Me More today castigated people for believing that the 1st amendment's Right to Free Speech and Freedom of Religion should apply to non-Americans. I always thought that these were God-given, inalienable rights.

Now, the "progressives" get to pick and choose who is allowed to claim these rights for themselves?

jw

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

American rights do only belong to American citizens. Most of the criticism against America is born of the fact that we tend to force our views upon cultures that don't agree with us. NPR is totally correct in stating that our laws only apply to our nation.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I told my son yesterday, if I decided to go outside and riot over being offended, I would be alone in the street, and he said and the cops would arrest you, True they would.

If you start a riot you should be arrested because they are against the law seeing how they lead to property damage and people getting hurt. Do you think just because you are Christian you should be exempt from the law? But it is your right to start a protest.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Those people have hated the West for decades

They hate the west because we have been bombing their countries for decades. And we also build bases in countries where they are not wanted by the people. Ron Paul said it best instead of attacking these countries we should start listening to them and why they hate us.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
Could it be that our administration does not complain about any anti-christian speech because they know sooner or later someone will start to point out you tube videos like these?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

This may not be so good for the rest of our middle east relations if too many people were to watch them.

I am only pointing out that there is another side to this coin.

I am not trying to pass on any commentary about the content of these videos.

The first two videos are Israeli Obama can't tell Israeli's what they can or cannot do. The last video is anti Jewish not anti Christian.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

reply to post by jdub297

American rights do only belong to American citizens. Most of the criticism against America is born of the fact that we tend to force our views upon cultures that don't agree with us. NPR is totally correct in stating that our laws only apply to our nation.

~Heff
Since when are God-given, inalienable rights "American?"
Do the ATS moderators believe that only U.S. citizenns have the same freedoms that belong to all people?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
Since when are God-given, inalienable rights "American?"

Well, seeing that God given inalienable rights only apply to those who believe in God... that severely limits the number. It's a very egocentric attitude to have to assume that all cultures share the values you posses.

Do the ATS moderators believe that only U.S. citizenns have the same freedoms that belong to all people?

ATS Moderators come from a variety of cultures, world wide, and have a variety of personal beliefs. As it happens when I post in threads, unless otherwise stated ( signed as "Hefficide ATS Moderator" ) I am posting my own thoughts, opinions, and feelings.

Even though I addressed it, I fail to see what purpose the question actually served, other than as a slight ad hom.

~Heff

( See... ~Heff means me, not ATS )

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Well, seeing that God given inalienable rights only apply to those who believe in God... that severely limits the number.

How do you figure? If they are "God-given," I doubt there's some sort of qualification test or application process.
The mods' pathetic pandering knows not the bounds of logic or linguistics; no?

ATS Moderators come from a variety of cultures, world wide, and have a variety of personal beliefs. As it happens when I post in threads, unless otherwise stated ( signed as "Hefficide ATS Moderator" ) I am posting my own thoughts, opinions, and feelings.

I have yet to find any "culture" that does not respect individual rights. Collective surrender of individual identity doesn't necessarily imply inclusion.

jw
edit on 14-9-2012 by jdub297 because: quote

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join