It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't the Obama administration talk about anti-Christian speech?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Anyone blaming a video is disingenuous.

Hell take a look at any political campaign ad made to incite people. polarize whatever the hell people want to call it.

Burning a flag by American's is an action done to incite people.

But oh know don't you dare make a video mocking Islam when it is fine to do it to a Christian.

Bottom line it is fine to do it to everyone but a muslim which is BS.
edit on 14-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I agree. How come they didn't storm the bastille when Brigitte Gabriel came out with her new book?

“America has been infiltrated on all levels by radicals who wish to harm America,” she said. “They have infiltrated us at the C.I.A., at the F.B.I., at the Pentagon, at the State Department. They are being radicalized in radical mosques in our cities and communities within the United States.”

www.nytimes.com...

Oh wait, the radicals who live in the US did bash her a bit with hit pieces in the media.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Originally posted by Alxandro

Originally posted by thepresident

Christians get free reign to hate in America

And your proof is?

What hate are you referring to?

The hate Conservative Media drums into the hearts of Cultural Conservatives.

STRIKE 2

..and your proof is?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Yes, the truth is it tends to be about Israel, and that goes even for the countries which do not immediately border Israel, and for which Isreal has no immediate impact. Islam does in fact seem to have a sort of collective identity on this matter. The US is guilty of supporting the enemy of Islam, and that is always what it boils down to. The Dutch cartoon also stirred up a hornet's nest too, so it does have an impact. In the case of Iran, it goes back a few decades, and the meddling of Carter got us hostages.

Also Islam hated America before the original 9-11.
edit on 15-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I cannot disagree with that at all. Which is why I tend to stand up for the masses of Muslims who are simply trying to live their lives as they choose

I wish they would stop trying to force face coverings on women. There have been lawsuits and cases where women were insisting on wearing the veils for drivers license pics and even one where the woman signed the Disney agreement on dress code and then proceeded to sue the company to allow her to wear her head covering. So everyone who works for Disney has to comply, except for her.
I know this is going on in other countries and France finally had enough of it.

Also I have to tell you that in 08 after Obama got elected, suddenly the number of women wearing these cloaks and head scarves jumped ten fold in the community I lived at the time. It was very noticeable. It was as if these women were dressing regularly like everyone else, then when an obvious advocate was elected suddenly they threw off American garb and went for the traditional dress. It was very bizarre.
edit on 15-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I worked with several Muslims ( from Bosnia ) a little over a decade ago and one of them had a wife who dressed in this traditional manner. It was her choice to do so and she was more comfortable that way.

I can't speak for all women in the middle east. And I would offer that, if left up to me, they'd all be free to make their own decisions. I can only say that I am certain that at least some of them would prefer their current wardrobe. My point is that they deserve the right to choose their own sensibilities and mannerisms - not to have a western idealism impressed upon them.

Many are probably forced to do this, against their will today, to be sure. But it's not a cut and dry thing. Some probably prefer the current way.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Hefficide

Anti Christian hate speech is wrong as well.

Really? Why?

We can't hate certain beliefs?

That's an interesting distinction on freedom of speech. If you don't believe in Christianity, if you view it as horribly immoral, don't express it verbally... it's wrong! The Christians said so.

If you're truly a Christian then you know the answer. Let him without sin cast the first stone... Love one another, etall.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
I wish they would stop trying to force face coverings on women.

What do you want to force them to wear?

There have been lawsuits and cases where women were insisting on wearing the veils for drivers license pics and even one where the woman signed the Disney agreement on dress code and then proceeded to sue the company to allow her to wear her head covering.

These women insisted? I thought they were forced?

So everyone who works for Disney has to comply, except for her.
I know this is going on in other countries and France finally had enough of it.

What exactly is "this?"
Women wanting to wear them when they should not be covering their face or women being forced to wear them?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join