It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sadly, Obama needs to declare war on someone. The big one is coming. Updates on anti-film protest in

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I wonder what would happen to another nation's embassy in the US if that country and their allied had had a hand in manipulating their governments and personal liberties for year on end.

Do you think American's would storm their embassy and force them beyond our borders?

Damn right we would!

It's time for us to leave and let them deal with their own country on their own. By trying to impose "democracy" on this region we have opened ourselves up to this.

It's not like they can come over here and fight us....so why go there?

Leave them all and stop all foreign aid!

See what happens

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
as far as embassies are concerned...the posters on this forum do realize that embassies are customary and nearly every country has embassies within every other country?

why is it that the American embassy is always such an issue? please don't say because the American is stealing from Arabs...if that were the case, why isn't the American stealing from anyone else?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaskunk

I agree with you. The US had no business there in the first place.

reply to post by ZombieWoof

Leave them all and stop all foreign aid! See what happens

That's the solution, get the fruit out of that place and defend the homeland, use the money to better the economy.

They probably know this is the best way, but something else is keeping them there, we need to expose that.
edit on 9/14/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

The police are never welcomed into any neighborhood until the violence gets way out of control

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
as far as embassies are concerned...the posters on this forum do realize that embassies are customary and nearly every country has embassies within every other country?

why is it that the American embassy is always such an issue? please don't say because the American is stealing from Arabs...if that were the case, why isn't the American stealing from anyone else?

They are such an issue because embassy are never attacked, since it is a declaration of war to attack an embassy. It is an issue because no less than 5 US embassies have been attacked in the past 72 hours, that is why they are an issue.
edit on 14-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieWoof

The police are never welcomed into any neighborhood until the violence gets way out of control

in what world is this the case? police are welcomed in every neighborhood; especially the ones with attractive single women.

but what does this have to do with the police?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

It simple, knowing the track record of the middle east and the unrest, its easier to blame them for something and invade, and coincidentally, they have the number 1 resource on the planets, oil.

Imagine what would have happened if Gaddafi had his way of purchasing oil thru gold.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Obama cannot declare War; only Congress.

I think Washington is waiting until after next Tuesday to respond to this minor issue.

I think Islam's global ambitions will have come to an unexpected end by then.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

It simple, knowing the track record of the middle east and the unrest, its easier to blame them for something and invade, and coincidentally, they have the number 1 resource on the planets, oil.

Imagine what would have happened if Gaddafi had his way of purchasing oil thru gold.

The US having no gold, hmm... not sure what would have happened

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

i don't enjoy supposing about alternate realities that will never be.

but what is happening isn't going to start a war...in fact, a war is coming to an end.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I figured since we are the world police the analogy fit

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I think Washington is waiting until after next Tuesday to respond to this minor issue.

It just amazes me how you can say that attacks on American embassies is a minor issue!!! I can guarantee you that right now in the CIA, FBI , NSA, pentagon, white house this is the minor issue being discussed for the past 72 hours.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieWoof

I figured since we are the world police the analogy fit

I understand. I thought that's what you meant...just making sure.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
some chump for the white house just said this wasn't an attack on the US. makes me think obama doesn't feel comfortable declaring war what...6 weeks before election?

I think if this gets any crazier, he's going to be forced to. Congress? Pshh...it's more about how the media shapes the american perception of these events. congress will be forced to respond to the will of the corporate conglomerates...erm...i mean people.

really hope this doesn't end up super bad, but damned...if one archduke can spark it off...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaskunk

It just amazes me how you can say that attacks on American embassies is a minor issue!!! I can guarantee you that right now in the CIA, FBI , NSA, pentagon, white house this is the minor issue being discussed for the past 72 hours.

got to keep your focus on the big picture.

I'm sure all those agencies already knew what was coming...Canada did and pulled their people out of a couple of places just one week ago.

that being said...a couple of buildings got damaged; they'll be repaired after this whole zombie apocalypse ends. it would be insanity to suggest military operations can be of value in this situation and this option won't be used.

sure, the Ambassador got killed, but he was playing both sides and nothing could be done to save him. which is the case every time when dealing with traitors.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex

What part of they want us out of their business and their countries
are we not comprehending

To include embassies? That's basic diplomacy. I wonder, do they also not want anything to do with our monetary aid?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Obama can only petition Congress for a Declaration of War....which is why everyone got their panties in a wad over Libya...even though all he did was agree to participate in a U.N. Sanctioned call.

Those that think the Middle East is still the "king of Oil"....well you are young. You came up after there was a clamp put on important information. The Middle eastern countries are approaching or have reached "peak oil"...there is less in the ground than they have already taken out...fact.

Guess who actually has a reserve that is equal to or greater than the Middle East?...it might really-really surprise you...and no, it's not the USA. They scouted and found these reserves back in the 80's...I clearly remember the news reports and I remember what the problem is...depth. Russia has the largest untapped oil reserveon the planet...and guess what the problem was back in the 80's? No one wanted to see wealth pour into Russia like it was pouring into the middle east. Me personally, at this stage of the game...I seem to have much more in common with Russians than I do with Arabs...I'd just as soon my money buy their oil than the Arab oil...

Just an opinion though.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The President cannot formally "declare" war, but he can send troops into combat as long as he informs Congress within 48 hours of doing so. See the War Powers Act of 1973.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

That's interesting, do you happen to have any source which can verify this? It's not officially listed as such. I wonder if you recall the size of the find??

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

and that he has done, to secure the embassies.

it'll probably end at that.

they'll probably send out some other people with 'special skills' to hunt down and destroy the specific individuals responsible for both the tape and the protests...but no war will occur.

I'm think that Ambassador Stevens is the symbol of the people that made the tape and planned the protests...but there may be more out there. his attempt to evacuate failed because he failed to get a replacement for himself....

does this theory upset you?

edit on 14-9-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join