It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson Wife Beating Advice

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

You're giving him too many outs..
Joking?
Out of context?!
I don't watch the show to know how it goes but this clip seems to show there is a segment where he answers viewer questions and this was his answer to one of those questions.
Anything before or after it was other questions, unrelated to him suggesting it's ok to beat your wife.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

This is true, Muhammad had the hots for a 9 year old girl.

Which was common in his culture.

You can't compare ancient cultures to modern culture.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Except when it's the mother of Christ apparently, check the paves of this thread.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Ego is one thing fellas though reality is something else. Take THIS large specimen of a woman for example. She's quite large and could toss a a man or two at the same time. On the other hand, I'm sure it has it's disadvantages as well as these large women intimidate many men and could have hard time finding a date. Could be an advantage or disadvantage as any and all people possess their strong points and their weak points. A good partner will appreciate the strong points and assist their partner in the weaker areas out of sheer Love and Respect for the person. Right? Hope so.

Never had to hit a woman, though if my 'person' was at risk, at the very least, please do your job and refrain her when necessary. If she persists throwing wild punches and acting irrational, well, you do have a right to defend yourself and she will be expecting that as she should. Sometimes it takes a good smack to wake 'some' people up from their 'condition'. People come in all shapes, sizes and conditions with a unique background, experience and history. Obviously, this should be of consideration in the reasoning process before things get physical.

A woman will most likely have a hard time respecting a man she can push around, naturally I suppose. Now their not likely to say such things, though their not likely to tell you when to make a move either.

Most arguments are mental and should/could be handled with reason, if not, take a time out or have a mutually admired/trusted elder, preferrably a trusted unbiased family member to assist one with the reasoning process.

Basically, what any person needs/wants whether of the pantied or briefed variety, both sexes may apply on that one.
is to be listened to (not heard), respected (without presumption) as a 'being'. Speak to another as a Soul first, then appreciate the container they came in. Love and Understanding can most likely settle any matter, less one is drugged out of their cranium especially with the man-made, addictive, expensive, unnatural drugs.

Long topic, though after a few dates, one should make sure they are 'marrying' one for the Right reasons and Not under false pretenses for if that is the case, it just won't last, with or without the scars but hey, not all relationships are meant to last forever. One may get lucky and meet 'a', soul mate for life, if not, grow from the experience and try again if the relationship cannot be reconciled after much effort. I certainly do Not agree with the idea that one should be stuck with another for life due the signage of one silly piece of paper or another. That's a contract and it doesn't have much to do with Love or one's development.

I haven't met what I would consider The right woman (two strong possibles though was married at the time) for me to date though I can honestly say I loved them all to date for their own uniqueness, sexiness, intelligence, blablah. My first longterm woman was 3 years, 2nd (married) was 5 years, 3rd (married) 7 years though Wow, I learned alot about myself along the way as I'm sure my maties did as well. No hard feelings on either side, smoothe divorces, irreconcible 'differences' though Looking forward to the next one or two if necessary though if I ever get married again, I won't cave into an ultimatum, as my weakness is from the heart, though hey, I signed a paper (marriage contract) with the Best Intentions.

It's important to note, their Is a conspiracy here in the US (each country unique situation/customs) to divide the family unit and disrupt/confuse the sexes of their 'natural' state or roles they most ordinarily would accept by nature. Tough topic, nother time perhaps, maybe/maybe not?

Respect!
Out here.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Except when it's the mother of Christ apparently, check the paves of this thread.

My interest is cultural/social anthropology.

Not nonsense theology.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluemoonsine

Never had to hit a woman,

BTW - - just an FYI.

The male caller never said his wife raised her hand to him.

He says she pushed or put her hand out to him (or something like that).

Sounds more like she put her hand up like a STOP signal.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Or it could have a been a test, as people are known to be testy at times cradle to-Tday.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The experiences of domestic violence can often follow a pattern known as the Cycle of Violence. However, not everyone's experiences are the same. Sometimes a 'phase' does not occur or two or more 'phases’ can occur simultaneously.

The build up phase is when tension begins to build. In a non-violent relationship, these tensions can often be resolved. In a domestic violence situation, this build up phase usually leads to a stand-over phase, where the violent partner uses both their strength and their belief in their 'right' to dominate, in order to control and put down their partner. This then leads to the explosion phase when the violence (physical/sexual/emotional) occurs.

Afterwards the perpetrator can enter the remorse phase where they feel ashamed of what has happened, or they may be afraid of the consequences. They may also try to justify or minimize their actions by claiming that "she made me do it", or "it was only a little slap". This can then lead to the pursuit phase where the abusive partner can try to win back their partner with gifts and promises. Or they can act helpless, saying such things as "I can't live without you" or "I'll kill myself". If these tactics do not work, they can also revert to the use of more threats and violence.

This then leads to the honeymoon phase where the relationship appears to be working. The 'incident' is forgotten and no abuse is taking place. However, nothing is resolved and it is only a matter of time until it progresses to a build up of tension, which leads to another stand over and explosion of violence and so on.

www.sedgwickcounty.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

My interest is cultural/social anthropology.

Not nonsense theology.

Theology Proper is the study of God, Anthropology would be the study of man.

Which of those categories does Mary belong in, God or man?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluemoonsine

Never had to hit a woman,

BTW - - just an FYI.

The male caller never said his wife raised her hand to him.

He says she pushed or put her hand out to him (or something like that).

Sounds more like she put her hand up like a STOP signal.

Pushing is still abuse. It's an aggressive physical interaction. It doesn't get as much attention, but women also are physically and more often emotionally abusive to their husbands. Abuse is a two way street.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
reply to post by Awen24

You're giving him too many outs..
Joking?
Out of context?!
I don't watch the show to know how it goes but this clip seems to show there is a segment where he answers viewer questions and this was his answer to one of those questions.
Anything before or after it was other questions, unrelated to him suggesting it's ok to beat your wife.

You'll also notice he and the female co-host were laughing. That's generally a good indication that there was an attempt at humor. It was poor taste indeed, but it's not very accurate to assume they were being serious when both of them were laughing.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Pushing is still abuse. It's an aggressive physical interaction.

n/m

This is stupid.

I've met too many religious women with abusive husbands - - who were told by clergy it was their fault - - and their responsibility to make the marriage work.

edit on 12-9-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This what Pat Robertson really meant to say. "Thought you might need this."

Domestic violence is funny. Haha.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Pushing is still abuse. It's an aggressive physical interaction.

n/m

This is stupid.

I've met too many religious women with abusive husbands - - who were told by clergy it was their fault - - and their responsibility to make the marriage work.

edit on 12-9-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Are you arguing that pushing isn't abuse or what? A person could he arrested for battery just for pushing someone who wanted to press charges.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
wife beating up husband 6:40 key shot

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

So what if they laughed. It still didn't make it a " joke". It's not the least bit comical.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

So what if they laughed. It still didn't make it a " joke". It's not the least bit comical.

Saying that something is a joke doesn't make it funny, no. I've argued with atheists that jokes about rape are not funny, though I accept that "funny" is subjective.

But in that clip, it appears that Robertson is making a joke, though I will agree that it isn't funny in the least.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

F these 2 talking heads, Solomon had it right: > Given their heads without restraint, women will wreck ruin. I am sure you women won't like this but this is my observation and experience with women, especially good looking ones. Even the Ancient Greeks knew this about women. It is okay with me whomever does not like this and I don't mind being a sexist but after many years of allowing my other head to rule my life, the head on my shoulders now rules my life and I will never allow a woman control and especially the deciding vote on anything and if they do not like it, I make sure they know where the door is. Any man of substance and good sense who marries a woman had better have a well thought-out Prenuptial Agreement; better yet, unless you have to have children, never marry. I suppose there are men who would be lucky to bound to a woman and all women are a blessing at times but inevitably women try to eat their mates so, forewarned is forewarned. If you can be honest with yourself and the only thing you really want from a woman is sex, don't marry them. This is the advice of a man who knows from many years of experience and learning it all the hard way. And trust me, all women are mercenary whores with their price.

edit on 13-9-2012 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

We already stated numerous times that the joke was poor taste. But I'm concerned that no one says the same thing when Seth McFarlane not only jokes about wife beating but also visually depicts it. Either wife-beating jokes are wrong for all folks at all times or there is hypocrisy at play here. The intent by Pat was to make a funny and at the same time blast Islam, it just wasn't the right time to make a joke. But don't expect me to sit here and make it more than it was. The difference between Pat Robertson and Seth McFarlane is Christianity.

A spade is a spade.

edit on 13-9-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Stupid people are not exclusive to religion. You will find stupid people who will find a way to excuse violence or not look for an excuse and just do it.

There are also very good people who follow religion but everyone seems to focus on the nutjobs.

Democracy is spread by violence by our nation and you cannot spread democracy that way but our country does it anyways.

Does that make democracy bad??? By the way some people look at religion on this thread yes democracy would be considered bad because much blood shed has been caused by it.

In the past christianity was used to wage war and people were converted by teh sword.

after it lost popularity and people became jaded with it we started using democracy in teh USA. we spread it with the sword.

yet people are too dumb to notice that they are manipulated and would much rather blame the tools used by the manipulators

as soon as a tool loses it effectiveness they will move on to another one and you all will blame the tool and not the user of the tool.
continue to live in ignorance.

edit on 13-9-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join