Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Pat Robertson Wife Beating Advice

page: 6
17
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by adjensen
 


Again you're trying to compare a comedy cartoon to reality.


What makes a "comedy cartoon" not reality? Do you think that it has no affect on the viewers? Do you think that people laugh at hatred directed at gays, and it just goes in one ear and out another?

I would suggest that an artist's works are a truer reflection of their views than a television interview is going to give you.




posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
As far as pat goes, who really cares what he said. He didn't say "go beat your wife". What he was suggesting though is "take some extreme measure" if you're at that point. I kinda disagree with the divorce thing. If it's that bad, then it might be an option. Alternatively you stay married by live apart for a while until things cool down. I dated a girl who was kinda like that actually. She was super hot but had major anger problems. She'd just yell and screem though. Eventually I just was like I'm done and left. But generally going into it there's always warning signs. You'd know what kind of person you'd be marrying prior. Unless you just get married right away without getting to know each other.

But generally atheists love to do this goofy irrational thing that kinda goes like this..."Okay look here's one bad thing that one minister said, there for all of christianity must be wrong, therefore God doesn't exist and I don't have to worry about heaven or hell.". Like you know how moronic that is. Get real, Christians are humans. We're gonna make mistakes just the same as anyone else. Even ministers. They're not always gonna have the perfect answers. They're only human. but you can't throw the baby out with the bath water. Like lets get real here. This is real life. People make micro mistakes, that doesn't mean the macro is wrong.



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by RockHarder
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 





This is true, Muhammad had the hots for a 9 year old girl.


Did Mohammed write the bible?


No, I never said he did. But he's the only child rapist I know of who authored religious texts.

edit on 11-9-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)


The Talmud is Judaism's holiest book (actually a collection of books). Its authority takes precedence over the Old Testament in Judaism.

Sanhedrin 55b. A Jew may marry a three year old girl (specifically, three years "and a day" old).

Sanhedrin 54b. A Jew may have sex with a child as long as the child is less than nine years old.

Gittin 57a. Says Jesus is in hell, being boiled in "hot excrement."

Kethuboth 11b. "When a grown-up man has intercourse with a little girl it is nothing."

Sanhedrin 43a. Says Jesus ("Yeshu" and in Soncino footnote #6, Yeshu "the Nazarene") was executed because he practiced sorcery: "It is taught that on the eve of Passover Jesus was hung, and forty days before this the proclamation was made: Jesus is to be stoned to death because he has practiced sorcery and has lured the people to idolatry...He was an enticer and of such thou shalt not pity or condone."

Rosh Hashanah 17a. Christians (minnim) and others who reject the Talmud will go to hell and be punished there for all generations.

Shabbath 116a. Jews must destroy the books of the Christians, i.e. the New Testament.

Baba Kamma 113a. Jews may use lies ("subterfuges") to circumvent a Gentile.

edit on 11-9-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Not kidding. I have seen a lot of domestic violence, and can attest that men who condone and commit acts of violence against their wives joke about it, much the same as Pat Robertson has demonstrated. It's not a joke but offenders think it is.

This is a serious problem and needs to be addressed in a serious way, not with light hearted advise of slapping someone silly to hold some perceived control over your household.

edit on 11-9-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Someone needs to beat on his skull with a ballpean hammer..And you religious people wonder why we despise you so much



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
The Talmud is Judaism's holiest book (actually a collection of books). Its authority takes precedence over the Old Testament in Judaism.


lol, where did you come up with that?

Torah (Old Testament, to you) is the word of God. Talmud is the interpretation and compilation of the Law (in Torah) by Jewish Rabbis. No Jew would say that it takes precedence over Torah (they'd likely be tearing their clothes over your suggestion, in fact.)

Seriously, knowing Orthodox Jews and their attachment to Torah, I can say that you've said one of the stupidest things I've read on ATS, as regards Judaism.
edit on 11-9-2012 by adjensen because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by RealSpoke
And Seth Mcfarlane is a comedian who isn't known for their backwards stances on things like Pat Roberson is. Fail comparison.


Really? So, you're a homophobe like he is? In today's world, that's even more backward than making "One of these days, Alice, one of these days!" jokes.


Hey man, Jackie Gleeson is a classic. I've used that on my wife before, but the opposite happens. I'm a battered husband and my wife beats me!
, she punches hard too especially when she frogs me in the arm.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
Someone needs to beat on his skull with a ballpean hammer..And you religious people wonder why we despise you so much


I think you just despise people for the fun of it, or just because it's inherent in your nature to be an ass.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by RealSpoke
And Seth Mcfarlane is a comedian who isn't known for their backwards stances on things like Pat Roberson is. Fail comparison.


Really? So, you're a homophobe like he is? In today's world, that's even more backward than making "One of these days, Alice, one of these days!" jokes.


Hey man, Jackie Gleeson is a classic. I've used that on my wife before, but the opposite happens.


Against my better judgement, my friend... I present:




posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


Aww did i offend you and your beliefs in magical sky wizards and dead guys rising from the grave..it's 2012 not 1012..You've been so brain washed by this garbage that reality has passed you by long, long ago..Look at this way, if humans were not around the universe would still exist, but your "god" and his "son" would not..wait i thought Jesus was his own father..makes TOTAL sense
edit on 12-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: sp



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Actually there is one situation in which wife beating could be justified. That is if you're wife is an MMA fighter, and asks you to help train her. So you have to beat the snot out of her, or at least try to.

ff to 5:05 to see proof!!!






posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen
 


Nice poodle, looks very tasty!

"The Talmud (Hebrew: תַּלְמוּד talmūd "instruction, learning", from a root lmd "teach, study") is a central text of mainstream Judaism, considered second to the Torah. "
en.wikipedia.org...

Baba Mezia 59b. A rabbi debates God and defeats Him. God admits the rabbi won the debate.

Erubin 21b. Whosoever disobeys the rabbis deserves death and will be punished by being boiled in hot excrement in hell.

Rosh Hashanah 17a. Christians (minnim) and others who reject the Talmud will go to hell and be punished there for all generations.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by RockHarder
 


How is that dishonest? The comment the member made was very arbitrary and ambiguous. In fact it fits Islam, Muhammad freely admits to getting a chub over a 9 year old girl. I can't think of a single author of the Bible that had raped a child or been accused of raping a child. Therefore, that leaves only Muhammad as the only religious text author who is a confirmed child rapist.


The Holy Spirit is also a peadophile since it impregnated "Virgin" Mary at the age of 12.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by RockHarder
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 





This is true, Muhammad had the hots for a 9 year old girl.


Did Mohammed write the bible?


No, I never said he did. But he's the only child rapist I know of who authored religious texts.

edit on 11-9-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)


The Talmud is Judaism's holiest book (actually a collection of books). Its authority takes precedence over the Old Testament in Judaism.

Sanhedrin 55b. A Jew may marry a three year old girl (specifically, three years "and a day" old).

Sanhedrin 54b. A Jew may have sex with a child as long as the child is less than nine years old.

Gittin 57a. Says Jesus is in hell, being boiled in "hot excrement."

Kethuboth 11b. "When a grown-up man has intercourse with a little girl it is nothing."

Sanhedrin 43a. Says Jesus ("Yeshu" and in Soncino footnote #6, Yeshu "the Nazarene") was executed because he practiced sorcery: "It is taught that on the eve of Passover Jesus was hung, and forty days before this the proclamation was made: Jesus is to be stoned to death because he has practiced sorcery and has lured the people to idolatry...He was an enticer and of such thou shalt not pity or condone."

Rosh Hashanah 17a. Christians (minnim) and others who reject the Talmud will go to hell and be punished there for all generations.

Shabbath 116a. Jews must destroy the books of the Christians, i.e. the New Testament.

Baba Kamma 113a. Jews may use lies ("subterfuges") to circumvent a Gentile.

edit on 11-9-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)


Well the Talmuds have absolutely nothing to do with Pat Robertson or Christianity.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


I don't think it's fair to single out those couple of (admittedly unwise) comments and then have those Young Turks goof off about it for 5 minutes. The rest of Robertson's advice should have been played - maybe he had a viable solution in there somewhere. Everyone is attacking Christianity today and this is just another example of it.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RockHarder
 


And the focus ought to always turned to Islam because they actually do beat their wives! And oppress them. But worse, they are trying to infiltrate America and have had some success. This must be stopped at all costs.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy
 


There is nowhere in the Bible that states Mary was 13 when she 'had Jesus.'
Sigh...another attack on Christianity.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArtooDetoo

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by RockHarder
 


How is that dishonest? The comment the member made was very arbitrary and ambiguous. In fact it fits Islam, Muhammad freely admits to getting a chub over a 9 year old girl. I can't think of a single author of the Bible that had raped a child or been accused of raping a child. Therefore, that leaves only Muhammad as the only religious text author who is a confirmed child rapist.


The Holy Spirit is also a peadophile since it impregnated "Virgin" Mary at the age of 12.


ich das derr stipendburg?



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy
 


You forget that the Egyptians enslaved and oppressed Israel for hundreds of years! Who the hell are you to sit there and tell God what He can and can't do. That whole nation had it coming. Besides all that - the earth and everything in it belongs to God. he can do with it what he wants! Who is going to tell the Lion where he can sleep? And remember, if you don't repent, that same God will burn you in hell for eternity. You FOOL!





new topics

top topics



 
17
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join