It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson Wife Beating Advice

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

"During The 700 Club's "Bring It On" segment, Pat Robertson sought to advise a man who sent in a question about how to approach marital problems with his wife. Robertson remarked that "he can't let her get away with this stuff," also noting that although we don't "condone wife-beating these days," perhaps the man could move to Saudi Arabia..."

www.mediaite.com...

LOL...and this is the same guy that ran for president at one point? Maybe evangelists really are jealous of Muslisms.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
"You can't divorce her according to the scripture..."

LOL!!! yeah just move to Saudi Arabia and beat her, that will keep your *soul* safe

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

If ever you needed living proof of a person born without a brain...Pat Robertson is it....

Des

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
A couple of things:

1) he was obviously joking. Was it funny, or clever? Not so much - but he seems to think it is.

2) he also, again obviously, had no idea how to seriously, and biblically, answer that question... and, rather than be honest, and say "look, I really don't know how to help you. Maybe I can refer you to some people that CAN help you, however...", he decided to continue the joke.

I'd like to see the video in a fuller context, see if part 2 did occur. If it didn't, then Pat Robertson should be ashamed of himself for not at least being honest and admitting he doesn't have the answers to everything.

I don't know either way.
...and for the record... despite my signature below, and the fact that those who've seen my posts will likely know I'm a Christian - I'm not attempting to defend Pat Robertson (to be honest, I don't know a lot about him. I live in Australia and have never seen his show etc.)...

but I think honesty, even in relating events, is important... and I don't see much evidence of honest reporting in the video, given the limited context. That's not to suggest that it's dishonest (it may not be - in fact, it may be an accurate representation of what occurred on PR's show), but I am suggesting that it's hard to know without more info.
edit on 11-9-2012 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

I thought he was joking at first, but he kept going about it....then pretty sure he wasn't.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
What an idiot.

Actually I'm kind of surprised he's still alive, nevermind on the air. He must be a zillion-gajillion years old.

This clown has said a lot of silly things over the years, so I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise. This one is in the top tier of his worst gaffes, though.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Destinyone

Its not his fault... religion has done this to him.

Spending your whole life depending upon some decaying books scribbled by child raping sand people will always end poorly.

Yeah, because people don't have violent thoughts without relgion. Feeling anger and thinking violent thoughts is as natural as the sun rising in the sky, religion is just an excuse for acting out on those thoughts. Don't let your disdain for religion cloud your judgement.

On topic: Pat Robertson is a nut job, obviously.
edit on 9/11/2012 by Uniceft17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Umm, Ok?

Don't really know what you are basing that on, people use all kinds of excuses for violence, religion being one of them. Glad to know I can still have an intelligent discussion on ATS without being attacked. Full of hatred.

Deny ignorance.
edit on Thu Sep 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

lol? what??

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
wow, i think i equally despise all the fools in this clip.
nothing more to be said on it really :/

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Yea, Pat.

Go ahead, after all she is just a woman. You know, those other human beings that have so little value.

It's not like atleast one of them gave you birth or could ever do anything important like that.

You may be right ! It's not like they have the capacity to make any "real" decisions on their own... like who to marry or vote for... or just what they should do with their own bodies when it comes to health care.

Yea, Pat.

We should all look to you and those you chose to tell us all how and when to do these things. Never mind the why. And if anyone, specially a woman, should step out of line; just take a stick and beat the crap out of them until the learn better.

I hope nobody confusses this with that suria-law stuff.

Ours is straight from the real law itself. Plus it is backed-up by Pat.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RockHarder
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

No, I never said he did. But he's the only child rapist I know of who authored religious texts.

edit on 11-9-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Sep 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join