It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth theory, With Interviews from believers

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Oops!
edit on 11-9-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I feel so sorry for you mate. You just wasted valuable time of your life interviewing people on the most ridiculous theory possible. And i just wasted time of mine reading it .

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdontknowme

Originally posted by jeantherapy
Hey here's some great proof from the flat earth society: www.earthnotaglobe.com...

I especially love page 7 where it basically states that flat earth is correct because God says so.

Really? Cause last time I read the bible it clearly stated that Earth was a sphere and is suspended upon nothing.

Whats also unbelievable is people that believe space isn't real either.
edit on 11-9-2012 by youdontknowme because: (no reason given)

Show me where I said anything about the bible.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Very interesting, what about meteors that hit us they're not flat. Aren't we just a larger rock?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
That whole Earth projection a round shadow onto the moon during it's phases must really be a big incovenience for them. Also how exactly does the Sun travel around an infinite plane on a daily basis, perhaps they think it's a different Sun everyday? Hmm but then how do they explain the same Sun Spots day in day out, hmmm you know I'm done wasting my time on these fools.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have only been on this site for minutes, in general do you guys believe 9-11 conspiracy?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Haven't read past the 1st page, but besides the question about flying from NY to China, what about satellites in orbit? What would be their transit if the Earth were flat. And if it were flat and TPTB didn't know it... how would they succeed in putting sattelites "in orbit" considering their supposed misconception of the shape of the Earth? :pus:

A lot of people have made fun of you, OP. I'm not here to do that. My question is sincere.

Good day!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoppy1
I have only been on this site for minutes, in general do you guys believe 9-11 conspiracy?

I think that you are asking the question in the wrong thread.

Won't last long in here if you don't follow the rules.

Just thought I would mention that, in case you did not know.

on topic.....

Flat earth.

There is another thread new today about a young boy who sent a cmaera up in a helium baloon and photographed the Earth. It is certainly curvesd and would suggest a spher like shape.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma

Originally posted by hoppy1

I think that you are asking the question in the wrong thread.

Won't last long in here if you don't follow the rules.

Just thought I would mention that, in case you did not know.

on topic.....

Flat earth.

There is another thread new today about a young boy who sent a cmaera up in a helium baloon and photographed the Earth. It is certainly curvesd and would suggest a spher like shape.

The reason I ask,it has to do the flat earth conspiracy

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
These people either need help or to be shot into space on the back of a rocket...maybe even attached to the side of a satellite as it orbits the Earth. These people don't deserve the acknowledgment to be honest, plain stupidity or ignorance IMO

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hoppy1

= f it has to do with flat earth theory, then you might wish to speak up and share your corelation..

Bearing in mind that flat earth theory is a complete load of rubbish, So you do not really have a good place to start from.

but maybe you do !

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I guess none of these flat earth people have never been in a airplane?..It's truly disturbing and mind numbingly dumbfounding that people like this are actually out there..One should have a open mind but not so open that all logic, reason and common sense falls out

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
LOL yeah .....what now earth is a giant cube or something? nah i dont believe this, not cause i dont want to , but because there every bit of evidence to proove it wrong.. stop looking for bs conspiracies.. why would they want us not to believe earth is flat??? answer than

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Curvature of the earth = approximately 8" per mile (which you can actually see for yourself if the viewing range is expansive enough, as some have pointed out).

Eratosthenes (3rd century BC) was the first (with a surviving record) to measure the circumference of the earth:

Eratosthenes

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingCow

How can someone with any modern intelligence even begin to believe this? There is sooo much science that proves the earth is indeed round. I hope this thread is just a joke. Have you ever been outside your house OP? Ever been on a plane or out at sea? And how about plate tectonics, the fact that it's still daytime on the opposite of the earth when it's nighttime where you live, we have satellites ORBITING the earth, GRAVITY.

I could go on and on but i'm not going to waist anymore of my time on this thread.
Thank you for the laugh though!

Please define "GRAVITY"
You and nobody else will be capable of such.
gravitor

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by circlemaker
reply to post by StrangeWayz

Interesting thread. I appreciate the time you took to conduct the interviews.

It's certainly creative, and I'm impressed that they aren't all bible-thumpers, these flat earth people.

I've been warping my mind while reading through this thread trying to figure out how it could be true (the earth being flat). I won't go into some of my wilder imaginings, though I will offer this:

Video games. We perceive spherical objects and 3D environments when it's all just a projection of pixels on a flat screen using relatively basic math. Who's to say that what we perceive isn't constructed in a similar fashion? Wouldn't our creations mimic nature due to information association? What if we're stuck on an event horizon, trapped like a fly, yet we perceive projections which can appear rather spherical?

Fun thread, aside from the glut of mocking posts which did nothing but waste my time and reduce my respect for humanity.

Excellent post.
You should know full well that circles can be made from straight lines, multiple straight lines at angles to each other?
gravitor

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Please define "GRAVITY"

It is a temporal displacement in reality caused by the influence of mass, bending space-time around itself extending inverse squarely from its centre.

edit on 12/9/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
OP Thanks for the Read. Wondering this was debunked decades ago, but there are some groups beleive this still.

Ther are not even considering the Scientific facts persented. Instead they beleive some nut theory suggested by some drunken nuts..Those beleivers are not looking for facts..they want to question evrery thing,if they get any satisfying answer(Not proof) they jump into that mud and start fighting with others.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Personally, I think the earth is flat out round:-)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
So why is it when standing on the shoreline, the first thing you see of an approaching ship is the mast head? Who do the sun and moon rise and fall? why, oh I give up.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join