It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth theory, With Interviews from believers

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
the idea that the earth is a flat object with an edge in my op is perposterous.

on the other hand the idea the entire universe squirted itself into existance,
out of nowhere, for no reason, out of a space infinately small is also in my op
a perposterous outlook aswell.

definatly from our perspective in 3d space + or - time we percive and experience
a spherical planet orbiting a spherical star in a spiral galexy in a whoppingly large
cloud of galexies of unknown size or shape or possible structure.

thats not to say thats the only way to look at it. or to percieve or be percieved by it.

if it was flat plain and simple youd be able to see anywhere on the planet plus the edge from anywhere on the planet with sufficient height foe example an airplaine, ive been on them and i certainly couldnt see
the himalayas the supposed tallest thing on earth while i was goin over the grand canyon. case closed. with my human perception it is a sphere.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HermitShip

NOW you tell me.

Anyway, I'm reworking my falafel shaped Moon theory.
I've even made a nifty Youtube video with complex graphics and charts and added some hip, slick and cool music

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Excellent thread OP.
Our senses are short distance survival senses, they are fooled by illusions at much greater distances.
Most people will REPEAT like parrots that which they are indoctrinated to believe.
If that belief is challenged they attack whoever has challenged what they believe.
That has occured right through this thread.
I do not consider that this planet is moving one fraction of an inch at all, what is creating the illusions are switching flows just as the picture on Your screen is operating.
Great thread, if You can think outside of the box You have accepted to be kept within.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pryed -eyed-one

We keep our minds so tightly closed for fear of finding something we won't like, is it any wonder we don't have a lot of clear answers yet?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This site is just getting over the top with the conspiracies with people willing to be able to question anything just to not conform, I swear half the people here wouldn't believe what their name was if you told them different! It's sad really to see how many people still believe the earth is flat, I can now see why people from the outside looking in call us crazies.... Time to take a little break from this site.....

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by HermitShip

NOW you tell me.

Anyway, I'm reworking my falafel shaped Moon theory.
I've even made a nifty Youtube video with complex graphics and charts and added some hip, slick and cool music

You must be in Studio 11-B. Next time you leave the studio, clean up. Your coke cans and pizza really are pissing me off.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

id say most are satisfied with what they are told because it makes sense

a few think a little harder, look a little deeper. no better than the rest, just
need to make their own conclusions.

sometimes to come to your senses, you first must go out of your mind...or something
like this, forgot who quoted that lol

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by Ramcheck

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
So how do they explain going from tokyo ( on the other sids of the. Flat earth) to california in like 14 hours? Or do they think commercial air liners travel in eccess of 2000 MPH?

I also have been at 40,000 feet in a commercial air liner and the earth. Is indeed round.

Maybe they just go off the edge, then come back in the other side.. like Pacman

I answered this already.
If all of the land masses you know of are arranged in a circle, it would still appear like you are flying around the Earth.
edit on 10-9-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

I saw what you did.

This is the very good way to call a sphere. Just make a mental drawing. "Infinite" circles in all directions.... you get a sphere.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is very interesting. I know that there are people who believe the earth is flat but I have never had a chance to read a little of exactly what they believe or the evidence they provide. Yet, I am sorry. I do not believe that the world is flat. There is simply too much evidence to argue against it. It is has been proven time and time again that the world is in fact round. I can prove it to myself in just a few minutes with a simple experiment right from my apartment. The earth is round...it is a fact.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There's a couple of things that I feel should be cleared up before you make me a believer..

Explain gravity. (If the earth spun as a disk we'd fly off)

Explain why the moon and every other alien land mass is spherical. (Surely they'd be flat too?)

Explain our magnetic field/atmosphere being a rough equal distance from sea level. (Magnetic fields make a ball shape)

Explain any sort of logic nature would have for a flat disc. (Because this idea is just plain ridiculous, and I consider myself a very open minded human being)

Until someone can give me undeniable logical reasons for these, my verdict? BS!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeWayz

The horizon looked curved to me. You can see the curvature from any plane, you don't need to be in space. You can see it when you look out across an ocean, the horizon has a slight curve. See it the way stars move in an arc across the night sky as well.

Do you live in the prairies? I can see if you lived there, you might think the world is flat.

Where is the edge then? They said its infinite. Where is this undiscovered land we haven't heard about?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Firstly, I've not quite read all the posts yet but have to say S&F for an interesting topic, and also stars to Samuelis and Ghost375 for their open minds and sense of justice.

I'm never going to prove this one way or another as my viewing instruments lend themselves to seeing things as curved.

If we built a disc large enough, strong enough and flat enough; could we drop it onto the ocean and check to see if any of the edges are raised? If so... Round Earth.

If not...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I dont think its a modern "opinion" that the earth is spherical. I am pretty sure that it is " a fact" , not an opinion.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i've been in a commercial airliner, my eyes were open, and i looked out the window...the earth is round, not flat...geez...people will believe anything, except science.

I dont think its perfectly flat. I just dont have any faith its a globe just cause rhey say so.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Again, what does the flat earth theory provide that the current theory does not? Why are they criticizing the advanced modern theories of dark matter and stars, yet here they are revising their theories on how the sun sets? Seems like they got some catching up to do...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The people in this thread who call themselves open minded because they are willing to be fooled by this Flat Earth mockery, are no different than people who will "challenge" the modern "opinion" that 2+2=4.

Wow.

To reach as far as calling people who won't believe this nonsense "close-minded" is just mind boggling.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Everything we see around us, all matter, is a projection from the outer edge of the universe.. according to the holographic theory, the Earth could actually be flat. We're born with limited perspective and five measly senses, who's to say what's actually around us? Our senses tell our brain stuff. We don't experience anything directly.

But no, the Earth is not flat for all intents and purposes.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Fun fact, I've been to one of the edges of the Flat Earth. Brimstone Head, on Fogo Island, off the coast of Newfoundland. Beautiful place, but I'm relatively sure it's not the edge of the earth, considering you can see the Change Islands off on the horizon. I even took pictures.

Here's the map they put up at the top, don't ask me how it's supposed to make sense.

And here's the view from the edge. Not pictured: the end of the earth.

See, no drop into an infinite void, no gigantic ice wall, nothing. They could've at least picked the northeast side of the peninsula for the edge, there's no land from there until you hit Greenland.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join