It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Flat Earth theory, With Interviews from believers

page: 13
42
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hoppy1
 


I find it awfully strange that no one, not one single person pushing this flat earth nonsense, has ever found this mysterious "edge" to the earth, yet thousands upon thousands (millions?) of people have produced solid evidence that the earth is, in-fact, a spheroid.

Believing a conspiracy or government cover-up for certain events is one thing but this is...so much different. The sheer amount of evidence to show that we live on an imperfect sphere is overwhelming.

How do you explain a lunar eclipse? Does the (all of them) government have some giant cardboard circle up in space to cover it up like that? Since the beginning of recorded history? Oh, wait, no, that's caused by the anti moon. Riiiight. Picture of this "anti" moon?

What about the molten lava pools deep below volcanoes and deep places in the ocean like the Mariana Trench? Or do you mean it's really a cuboid Earth? Is the theory that, yes, Earth is 3-dimensional but it's just not spherical?

I read one of your posts where you said it took you "days" to change your mind. Days? Really? Not years or at the very least months where you did real honest research to come to your conclusions? Days? I've spent almost two years reading about and researching the moon landings and still haven't come to a conclusion on that one. I've spent decades researching UFO phenomena and still don't know if I truly believe we're being visited--and I've even seen things that I would call a "UFO."

Yet, you spend a couple of days on this and you've made up your mind so completely. Do you not see anything wrong with that?

And one last question: Why? Why would anyone want to create such an elaborate cover-up? And if it's actually true and we find out we are actually living on a flat world, then what? What is the goal of this theory--is it just to prove it or ...what?

edit on 12-9-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused
 


I feel like if the Earth were a flat plane, and you flew in an aircraft in the same direction indefinitely (if you had unlimited fuel) you should pass over the huge black void that would constitute the underside. Yet, like you've mentioned, nobody has ever been able to produce a shred of tangible evidence displaying this.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitor
 


That's fine, I don't intend to insult you for dyslexia, and regret if that's how it came off. But you completely ignored my question about the sources of your knowledge and my doubts about how much original research you are actually performing yourself. Please address that instead.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I was not full fledged believer for a longer time. It took days to even believe that a flat earth could be possible. As far as I am concerned this is the mother of all conspiracy theories. Keep checking the moon landings, there is much evidence of it being fake. I did not believe in conspiacies at all until finding out 911 was an inside job. Once I found out about that it was somewhat easier to believe some of this other stuff.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
reply to post by gravitor
 


That's fine, I don't intend to insult you for dyslexia, and regret if that's how it came off. But you completely ignored my question about the sources of your knowledge and my doubts about how much original research you are actually performing yourself. Please address that instead.


I am a dowser, and without diverting this thread into a description of what that entails, just a brief explanation.
We are capable of attuning to many further fields of information.
We contact those fields via the palms of our hands, and soles of our feet, they are our antennae.
It is then a case of been able to modulate across to different streams of information.
This is very different to absorbing via our eyes what has been written.
Remember the written word is a recent introduction.

I can detect and measure the matrix that is formed by the inputs from all directions, You cannot SEE any of this with your limited survival senses, but the bees and birds and fishes know all about this matrix, we have FORGOTTEN, or better described as We have been persuaded to forget.
Control of the masses is far simpler when they are basically blind to the true nature of universe.

Your EGO will fight to repel what I am trying to convey, ridicule is the first used attack, followed by outright abuse.
This universe is fantastic, and We should be part of it, not locked down on the surface of this planet.
You choose which pill to take????
gravitor



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You might be able to receive data from the universe but it isn't information until a human has sorted it out and turned it to such. Which means that it is possible even you are incorrect or mistaken about the signals you receive, as humans are fallible as you stated yourself.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoppy1

Originally posted by TheMindWar
So how does flat eart theory explain the simple observations of travelling. It makes no sense at all. We can see the curvature of the earth from space, if it was flat there would be no curvature. We understand space is curved but space is only curved because mass is curved. A dust particle is not flat, flat implies 2 dimensions left and right back and forth. If the world was flat there would be no up and down?

Yet, i can go down by digging a simple hole? If the earth was truely flat i wpuld be able to dig a hole to the other side of the earth like poking a hole in paper.


You are trusting NASA with pics from space. If the earth was round there would be no up or down. At least on flat earth if in USA and Australia if you throw something in the air, they are going the same direction.


Up is "away from the surface of the earth", down is "toward the surface of the earth. We aren't cartoons living on a two dimensional surface where North is up and South is down. It doesn't work that way....

Seriously dude??? Seriously??



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hello dear Flat-Earther hoppy1, please explain, according to your beliefs ofcourse, why does the moon appear in the shapes of a sphere, half a sphere and a crescent as shown in this pic (and every day of our lives):

This is ofcourse, caused by the light of the sun.

Once you're done, explain how Earth can be seen in the very same form from the moon:


Good luck.

If you truly believe in a Flat Earth than I expect a serious, well put answer. Something better than NASA IS A JOKE U ARE BEING FED LIEEEESSSSSSS!!1111111

If you don't, which I believe is the case, then I have to congratulate you and your peers for yet another successful trolling session.
edit on 12-9-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hoppy1
 


As I said, believing in a conspiracy about a certain event or a government cover-up about something is much different than this. But you're basically saying that because you can believe in a 911 cover up or a moon landing conspiracy, you can believe in this? That's the wrong way to do it. You really need to base your conclusions on an individual basis and forget the rest. I believe we were lied to about 911, yet I still am quite confident that I live on a sphere.

You didn't address my questions though. Where's the evidence for the anti moon? Why can't anyone see it yet we can see its shadow?

Where' s the photographic evidence of the edge of the planet? No one in the Flat Earth community has taken the initiative to charter a plane or boat to find the edge of the world to prove this hypothesis? To prove all of science a lie would be quite the accomplishment, no?
edit on 12-9-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Made me so angry I had to wait a day to post.

If you find the poll star,
You can see that the stars circle around the earth.
And you can see from the others stars that it is like a globe!
Or do you think we are in a big ball with spot lights on it that go around us?
The shadow of the earth falls on the moon.
And it is the shadow of a ball.
Do they thing the land goes to infinity in all directions?



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
You might be able to receive data from the universe but it isn't information until a human has sorted it out and turned it to such. Which means that it is possible even you are incorrect or mistaken about the signals you receive, as humans are fallible as you stated yourself.


As I said, You decide which pill to swallow( try and avoid the flouride , as it blocks the signal pathways via the pineal gland)
All information is of universe, not of humans, that is arrogance to think of humans as the only life form capable of discerning universal knowledge.
I try to concentrate on how the overall system operates, there are millions of accountants and preachers to write it all down.
The earth is not 2D, it is 3D of which we are a consequence, but by My reasonings there are 28 dimensions in the self same location.
It's a strange place if You enter into this rabbit hole, if it's too difficult for You, never mind, it's rather simple for Me, been simple helps though.
gravitor



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitor
Mass is a mere local memory , there is no force called gravity, there is a net consequence of opposing fields relative to the surface area of this planet termed gravity.
There is an implosion into the heart centre of this planet, there is a decreased emmittance out of the heart centre to the ratio of fibonacci of 55/34.
That net difference will be different upon the moon.

You are REPEATING in a parrot fashion that which is indoctrinated.
The Earth is indeed fl;at, but it is composed of multiple flat projections that creates spheroids.
The spheroid shape is due to the polarity and equater f0ormation in the geometry of the solid universe.
gravitor


ROFLMAO!!!!
You don't even know who Fibonacci is!!! LMAO "the ratio of fibonacci of 55/34" ROFLMAO!!!

I am a Mathematician and a Physicist, I DO know who Fibonacci is. I'm quite familiar with his work, the sequence and with the Golden Ratio. YOU, however, are not. You thought maybe that would be a "big fancy word" to throw at people to throw them off track, but you really stepped in it this time lil darlin.
You probably don't even realize that Fibonacci was a person, you probably thought that was some "big fancy science word" that you'd throw out to try to make people think you knew what you were talking about!


I seriously doubt you have any concept of who Fibonacci even is. Heck, I'd even bet 112358 to one, you have no idea
(some people will actually get that pun, you aren't one of those people). You have no concept of what phi is, you have no concept of the Golden Ratio, you know absolutely NOTHING yet you are trying to play it off as though you do... that's just downright SAD!

You are repeating something somebody told you because you thought it sounded "smart" when it's not smart, not true and has been debunked time and time again. Very straightfoward explanations are given to you, having absolutely nothing to do with NASA or any other governmental agency, yet you ignore those and cling to a fairy tale as though it is the gospel truth.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy
 


I still think if the Earth were truly flat, and you viewed it from "above" (outer space?) that all the land masses on Earth would be visible at once, in the same frame. Why hasn't anyone been able to photograph it that way?



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitor
 


You'd be more believable if you said that you'd spent years meditating and pracitsing yoga, that your chakras were all aligned and active and that you gained your knowledge thusly.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Ok, here is why I think the Earth is indeed a sphere.

I have been in a lake, that was dead calm, like glass, and looked across the water with my eye only an inch or two above the water at a sailboat across the lake. I could only see the sail, not the boat. Why???? Because you can actually see the curvature of the earth if you have a big enough body of water. Meaning that there was a hill of water between me and the boat.

Also when you watch ships come in from the sea, you always see the very top of the boat first, because it is coming "around" from the other side. If it was flat, you could get on a tower 30 feet high, and see all the way across the ocean.

Sorry but the Earth is a spheroid, and I believe in a lot of crazy conspiracy theories. The Earth may well be hollow, but on the outside, I know it's a ball.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I don't have time for the interviews - but I will say this (for those who have eyes to see and a mind to understand)

the Earth is Flat, and Hollow
like the Atom.




posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
I don't have time for the interviews - but I will say this (for those who have eyes to see and a mind to understand)

the Earth is Flat, and Hollow
like the Atom.



Oh man!! You don't realize it, but some of those people will actually believe what you typed!!! They really ARE that dense man!! Shew



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten
 


heh

Words interpreted literally without a point of referential knowledge will always lead One astray.

This, however, does not circumvent the fact that we are entrapped within a 2D world, an illusion of three dimensions.



The Church just likes to screw with the minds of their flock.

If this were a true 3D world, we would operate in triplets, rather than a binary formation.

(photon) wave is to particle as (electron) one is to zero
...as bagpipes are to modem noises.

heh



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
Hello dear Flat-Earther hoppy1, please explain, according to your beliefs ofcourse, why does the moon appear in the shapes of a sphere, half a sphere and a crescent as shown in this pic (and every day of our lives):

This is ofcourse, caused by the light of the sun.

Once you're done, explain how Earth can be seen in the very same form from the moon:


Good luck.

If you truly believe in a Flat Earth than I expect a serious, well put answer. Something better than NASA IS A JOKE U ARE BEING FED LIEEEESSSSSSS!!1111111



If you don't, which I believe is the case, then I have to congratulate you and your peers for yet another successful trolling session.
edit on 12-9-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)


I believe the moon is a self luminated object, as the sun is. I have no explanation for moon phases.

I believe those earth shots are fake. There is a youtube video of the astronauts faking earth shots from space. Can't link now from phone.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by hoppy1

Originally posted by TheMindWar
So how does flat eart theory explain the simple observations of travelling. It makes no sense at all. We can see the curvature of the earth from space, if it was flat there would be no curvature. We understand space is curved but space is only curved because mass is curved. A dust particle is not flat, flat implies 2 dimensions left and right back and forth. If the world was flat there would be no up and down?

Yet, i can go down by digging a simple hole? If the earth was truely flat i wpuld be able to dig a hole to the other side of the earth like poking a hole in paper.


You are trusting NASA with pics from space. If the earth was round there would be no up or down. At least on flat earth if in USA and Australia if you throw something in the air, they are going the same direction.


Up is "away from the surface of the earth", down is "toward the surface of the earth. We aren't cartoons living on a two dimensional surface where North is up and South is down. It doesn't work that way....

Seriously dude??? Seriously??

What,s your point. On round earth the balls are going in different directions. On flat earth they go tbe same direction. Seriously.




top topics



 
42
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

log in

join