It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact Check: First Lady's False Fairy Tale of Struggle

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by thepresident

Left and Right paradigm?

Im British and i think its pretty damn obvious that the american candidates for presidency have been selected for you. Really doesn't matter who you vote in, You're going to get the same product with a different label:

More tax cuts for the rich
More low income families due to a declined middle class.
Less rights, Police state,
Inflation
War
Corruption at all levels.

And two sides of the spectrum blaming one another. Why even take this election seriously? Just voting for a different figurehead. Same in England, new brand, same product.

I think you are wrong, we have levels of degrees and Romney is a 10 in pursuing the
strictest interests of the Elite because that is who he is and who he was born.

If I can shave off some degrees of craziness, that is a plus.

Yes but my point is that at some time or the other, we are going to end up where they're taking us anyway? And so it really doesnt matter who gets in, its the same plan. They win, we lose.

I do not believe that is 100% the case.

Romney and Ryan want to turn medicare into a voucher system, which will be a government
coupon for discounted insurance. Obama wants restructure the current system and maintain
the core of the system where seniors do not have to pay for their coverage out of pocket.

Romney is being advised by the guys who started the two wars, they want war with IRAN

Obama has yet to start a war with IRAN and is not posturing in that direction.

All these little differences add up

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Left and Right paradigm?

Im British and i think its pretty damn obvious that the american candidates for presidency have been selected for you. Really doesn't matter who you vote in, You're going to get the same product with a different label:

More tax cuts for the rich
More low income families due to a declined middle class.
Less rights, Police state,
Inflation
War
Corruption at all levels.

And two sides of the spectrum blaming one another. Why even take this election seriously? Just voting for a different figurehead. Same in England, new brand, same product.

I think you are wrong, we have levels of degrees and Romney is a 10 in pursuing the
strictest interests of the Elite because that is who he is and who he was born.

If I can shave off some degrees of craziness, that is a plus.

Yes but my point is that at some time or the other, we are going to end up where they're taking us anyway? And so it really doesnt matter who gets in, its the same plan. They win, we lose.

I do not believe that is 100% the case.

Romney and Ryan want to turn medicare into a voucher system, which will be a government
coupon for discounted insurance. Obama wants restructure the current system and maintain
the core of the system where seniors do not have to pay for their coverage out of pocket.

Romney is being advised by the guys who started the two wars, they want war with IRAN

Obama has yet to start a war with IRAN and is not posturing in that direction.

All these little differences add up

Right now they add up, yes. But it doesn't matter who gets in, at some point they'll go into iraq because the people being voted into office have no real power. Neither of them are running the show.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yeah, I do not know why people make a big deal out of this stuff. Of course politicians and people around them lie.. Just X them out and start over. It really is not that difficult to comprehend.
Then again... a lot of people are REALLY REALLY dumb.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This whole issue of Michelle's poor me narrative came up back in 2008 the same facts that were discovered then are the same facts being presented now. Don't believe everything that she or her husband tell you.

The life of Michelle Robinson

When The Mail on Sunday went back to the gritty district of Chicago where Michelle LaVaughn Robinson was raised, we found a rather different picture from the one so single-mindedly promoted by Camp Obama.

Instead of the one-room tenement that now appears in most accounts of her upbringing, we found a well-kept neighbourhood of red-brick Arts and Craft-style houses which have long been home to respectable black families.

"Michelle was from a middle-class family," confirmed one of her long-time friends, Angela Acree.

"She came from a regular family. They had a nice home. It wasn't a mansion, but it was just fine. It was a decent neighbourhood."

The Robinsons grew up on the upper floor of a house built in the Twenties. Number 7436 South Euclid Avenue - a classical reference to the Greek mathematician which found an appropriate echo in Michelle's subsequent respect for traditional learning - even has a small garden, shaded by a large elm tree, and an ornate stone bench.

The South Side of Chicago has long had its share of gang-infested housing 'projects' but with the University of Chicago hospital close by, there were plenty of white professionals in the area as well as hard-working families in the Robinsons' own image.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

No one could pretend they were rich and it is true that her father, Frasier Robinson, spent some time as a maintenance worker for Chicago's Department of Water Management.

However, he was a good deal more than the labourer that many seem to imagine.

Indeed, according to family friends, Michelle's father was a volunteer organiser for the city's Democratic Party, a by-word for machine politics in America, and his loyalty was rewarded with a well-paid engineering job at Chicago's water plant. Even before overtime, he earned $42,686 - 25 per cent more than High School teachers at the time.

Michelle's mother stayed at home and devoted her energies to her and her older brother Craig. Marian Robinson nurtured great ambitions for both her children, along with the traditional values which are now serving Michelle so well.

Her mother didn't work until the kids were older. They seemed to do just fine on a single income...

The false narrative/shell game that people really believe. Michelle shops at Target

When she is wooing working-class voters, however, she favours austere black skirts and white blouses. "Our lives are so close to normal, if there is such a thing when you're running for president," she declared during a campaign stop in Delaware, shortly before her husband's latest victories were announced.

"When I'm off the road, I'm going to Target [a U.S. chain store] to get the toilet paper."

She did not bother to mention, however, that the paper, like the rest of the family shopping, is taken to an £825,000 three-storey red-brick Georgian revival mansion, set amid beautifully manicured lawns in one of Chicago's most affluent districts.

Even the house became a source of controversy when it emerged that the wife of a Chicago slum landlord, Tony Rezko, helped them buy land to enlarge its grounds.

Renowned for leaving tenants of one of his squalid buildings without heat in the city's brutal winter, Rezko now is facing federal corruption charges.

She shops at target for toilet paper... Don't we all...Bloomingdales does not stock TP....

Michelle never had to "scrape" for anything...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Michelle rides into Princeton on the coattails of her brother

"In a February 2008 interview with Newsweek, Michelle revealed that she got into Princeton … not on the strength of her grades, which she admits were unexceptional, but thanks to her brother Craig, a star athlete and gifted student who preceded her to the school. As a 'legacy' candidate and a beneficiary of affirmative action, Michelle Obama was granted an opportunity that others more accomplished were denied."

archive.frontpagemag.com...
www.thedailybeast.com...

How about Harvard and its outreach program to minority students..

Nor, according to friends quoted in the article, did Obama object when she was later accepted to Harvard as part of the school’s outreach to minority students. “She recognized that she had been privileged by affirmative action and she was very comfortable with that,” her friend recalls.

Privileged indeed!! Struggles? Seems like Michelle's primary struggles were always within her own mind and still are!!!! Barack too. He wrote about his internal struggles in his book "Dreams..."
edit on 6-9-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I've noticed that the left loves to denegrate success and use class warfare except when it comes to their own guys.

Yep other have noticed the hypocrisy that they want credit for their success while talking out the other side of their mouths saying "other people didn't build that".

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Looks like as usual that Brietbart chose to not put a little something in their article. Like how Obama was able to attend Punahou on a scholarship. Michelle was able to attend Whitney M. Young Magnet High School because she was a gifted student.

Then why the debt? You don't obtain student loan debt when you're on a scholarship. Which is it, debt, or scholarship?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I think chosing that personal story to make a point for votes is cheap, stupid and an insult to the intelligence of the american people.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by thepresident

Sacrifice what!? If you have the money, you aren't sacrificing - you are deciding where to invest it. They chose their children - good for them!

I find it comical that the liberals want to equate good parenting with "Sacrificing". These are the same people who advocate giving welfare, food stamps, section 8, FHA, medicaid etc. to people who can afford tatoos, the latest Nike high-tops, flat panel TVs, gaming systems, drugs and alcohol.

RESPONSIBLE people call these things "CHOICES", not sacrifices. If you make bad choices, people should live bad results. Michelle Obama's parents made good choices and she benefited from them. No one "sacrificed" anything. I hardly doubt they lived under a bridge and ate dirt so she could go to a private prep school. PUH-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

You can keep trying though...

I've noticed that the left loves to denegrate success and use class warfare except when it comes to their own guys.

Her father was a janitor and her mother was a secretary, is that considered high class?

Odd that this entire thread is here to denegrate her success - but I guess this is kindergarden rules

THe entire DNC platform is about denegrating success and punishing it and using class warfare--conveniently ignored when it is one of their own. The Obamas are now worth tens of millions. Good for them. The problem is that people who build up similar wealth through similar hard work and dedication are denegrated by the left as the "undeserving rich."

No, The banks and insurance companies that defrauded this nation are undeserving.

You clearly aren't listening very carefully.

I'm listening VERY carefully, and have been for some time. If one is successful and builds wealth the are, and have always been castigated by the left and this has been going on for a long time, way before our present crisis. THe exceptions of course, are wealthy leftist politicians like Kennedy, Pelosi, Kerry and Celebrities.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

The Obama fairy tale is sadly nothing new. it seems all of these elites have some big line about how they `struggled` and `understand` the common American. It is impossible for them to understand what the common American is going though these days. They clearly show everyday thought their policy decisions that they do not understand the material conditions people live with everyday.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

If someone works as a maid in a rich persons house then they know how they live. I didn't say they experienced it first hand, they are just aware of the living conditions. Really simple concept.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

Middle class today means welfare and food stamps for most.

No it doesn't. You have to be under federal poverty level to get foodstamps...that's poor...not middleclass
edit on 6-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

She couldn't have gotten into the school without the grades she had. She was more than worthy and more than qualified.

Nor, according to friends quoted in the article, did Obama object when she was later accepted to Harvard as part of the school’s outreach to minority students. “She recognized that she had been privileged by affirmative action and she was very comfortable with that,” her friend recalls.

lol? "her friend recalls"...yeah because that is really reliable. It's funny you never hear about right wingers questioning a white woman's credentials...for all you know they got into college for being female. I've never ever heard someone question how Hillary got into Yale or if she got there by affirmative action.

All I'm seeing is envy/contempt/class warfare from you guys. Get over the fact the the Obama's have had more success than you ever will, from their own making.
edit on 6-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Clearly the "poor me" charade is for votes and votes alone.

That's the advantage to obama for his election because everyone knows Romney was born into wealth and could never "comprehend" the lifestyles and struggles of the mid and lower class

Either way we are all done for despite who's elected IMO

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by thepresident

Sacrifice what!? If you have the money, you aren't sacrificing - you are deciding where to invest it. They chose their children - good for them!

I find it comical that the liberals want to equate good parenting with "Sacrificing". These are the same people who advocate giving welfare, food stamps, section 8, FHA, medicaid etc. to people who can afford tatoos, the latest Nike high-tops, flat panel TVs, gaming systems, drugs and alcohol.

RESPONSIBLE people call these things "CHOICES", not sacrifices. If you make bad choices, people should live bad results. Michelle Obama's parents made good choices and she benefited from them. No one "sacrificed" anything. I hardly doubt they lived under a bridge and ate dirt so she could go to a private prep school. PUH-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

You can keep trying though...

Her father was a janitor and her mother was a secretary, is that considered high class?

Odd that this entire thread is here to denegrate her success - but I guess this is kindergarden rules

THe entire DNC platform is about denegrating success and punishing it and using class warfare--conveniently ignored when it is one of their own. The Obamas are now worth tens of millions. Good for them. The problem is that people who build up similar wealth through similar hard work and dedication are denegrated by the left as the "undeserving rich."

No, The banks and insurance companies that defrauded this nation are undeserving.

You clearly aren't listening very carefully.

I'm listening VERY carefully, and have been for some time. If one is successful and builds wealth the are, and have always been castigated by the left

This thread is 12 pages of castigation over Michelle's success.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Go to somewhere like Clickbank and read some of those get rich quick schemes.

The ones that have a 9 mile long sales pitch - and see the similarity in what they say and what she's saying.

Let me give you a brief synopsis of one of those very powerful, persuasive, and ultimately successful sales letters:

I now have a great life.

I have plenty of money/things/whatever you aspire to have.

But not long ago I was very poor.

I wasn't just as badly off as you, I was worse off,

I had debts/credit cards/was overdrawn/drove round in a rust bucket/got my furniture out of dumpsters/etc

Then I discovered some amazing secret / had some lucky break.

Now life's great - if you follow what I did, you can be like me too.

When you follow their plans and find that you're more broke than before they say: If it doesn't work out for you it's your fault, you didn't do it right or didn't try hard enough.

What she's doing is replacing the "amazing secret" that lead to her turn around in fortunes, with "my grandparents and parents worked real hard. Even though they were treated unfairly. They didn't complain. They kept on working because they loved their children. That's what you do if you love your children. They paid for our education, that's the solution. They took out loans for it. That's a real man."

In other words, stop complaining about how bad things are and keep on working in the false belief that things will somehow get better.

That's what you'll do if you love your kids - if you don't do it you don't love your kids and you must be a "bad person."

Believe that somehow education (which is a total joke) is the salvation, and borrow money if you have to because otherwise you'll condemn your kids to the same # you're in.

You definitely won't be a "real man" like my father if you don't do this.

Basically the American dream is real, it worked for me, and will work for you if you sacrifice your life for the future of your kids.

If it doesn't work for you (and the other 300 million people in the States - hey it MUST be possible for EVERYONE to be rich and/or the President, mustn't it?), then it's your fault, you didn't sacrifice hard enough.

Good job you won't be around to see the outcome, or there would be a second revolution.

God I HATE #ing politicians, they are the utter scum of the Earth, all of em, whatever denomination, religion, party, sex, nationality, or creed.

Lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut.

edit on 6-9-2012 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
LOL. You people are a politicians dream. Arguing over little lies when the two sides collude in major deception.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

That's not true at all, I get food stamps, and welfare, and have a job that pays more than enough, all I did was tell a few white lies, and now I dont have to pay for my food, or my rent...

My checks go to pointless stuff now..

but yeah our system is failing (on purpose) so damn right imma ride the gravy train as long as I can.

ALSO why do people keep bring up the left and right parties? There is no difference, you have no choice who wins..

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarIce

That's not true at all, I get food stamps, and welfare, and have a job that pays more than enough, all I did was tell a few white lies, and now I dont have to pay for my food, or my rent...

A few white lies? You have to show your income. So you're admitting to committing fraud.

ALSO why do people keep bring up the left and right parties? There is no difference, you have no choice who wins..

The people that follow them are different, the ideas are different.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

No you don't, you can fill out a form online, at the time of posting for food stamps and welfare I had no job, and shortly after I got the job I had my eyes on, review for Food Stamps + Welfare isnt for another 6 months, so until then I am on BOTH legally, sorry, but if you dont understand how something works you should never claim you do..

Also the white lies I referred to were sob stories to make my case worker feel sorry for me over the phone. It got me out of a drug test, and actually having to show her my birth records..

The people that follow them are different, the ideas are different.

No actually its called bull# lying, Each side is the same wings of the same beast... The people have no say who gets elected as the next puppet.

Also Tyler use to be catchy, but now he's like most mainstream trash to me, no offense to your music taste or anything bro

still you listen to any underground? Like Aesop Rock, Slug, Mac Lethal, etc?

edit on 6-9-2012 by SolarIce because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join