It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact Check: First Lady's False Fairy Tale of Struggle

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Originally posted by kozmo

reply to post by jibeho

You guys are just mad because Michele worked her way up to the top.

She wasn't born into wealth and she didn't marry into it, she went for it her self,
a fine example of the American dream in action.

She is smart, strong and I think she makes a good first lady.

Welcome to fantasyland!

With a crash, a bang, a boom and big taste too - OH YEAH! HEY KOOLAID!!!

Did you not read the OP? She was privledged from the onset and continued to reap the reward of privledge throughout her entire life.

UH,

Her Mother was a secretary and her father was a Janitor

urr

She wasn't born the FLOTUS, FYI

You guys are so far out there, say hi ti Pluto for me!
edit on 6-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

How ironic of you to assume that "Secretaries" and "Janitors" are poor and struggling. Apparently they made enough money to send her to a private prep school. Hardly what I call "Struggling". But, keep sucking down the KoolAid!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

You guys are just mad because Michele worked her way up to the top.

She wasn't born into wealth and she didn't marry into it, she went for it her self,
a fine example of the American dream in action.

She is smart, strong and I think she makes a good first lady.

Welcome to fantasyland!

With a crash, a bang, a boom and big taste too - OH YEAH! HEY KOOLAID!!!

Did you not read the OP? She was privledged from the onset and continued to reap the reward of privledge throughout her entire life.

UH,

Her Mother was a secretary and her father was a Janitor

urr

She wasn't born the FLOTUS, FYI

You guys are so far out there, say hi ti Pluto for me!
edit on 6-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

How ironic of you to assume that "Secretaries" and "Janitors" are poor and struggling. Apparently they made enough money to send her to a private prep school. Hardly what I call "Struggling". But, keep sucking down the KoolAid!

Here, on the planet Earth, human beings actually sacrifice so their children can
have a good education and a brighter future.

I am not sure what they do in outer space.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I had to go research Michelle Obama to get facts. Some people are just go-getter over-achievers - - - and she seems to be one of those people.

I don't understand people who want to "knock a person off the mountain top" - - - when that person focused and dedicated themselves through hard work to get there.

Would she have more value if she dug ditches and scrubbed houses? Just silly.

Cuz nothing says "Go-getter over-achiever" than accepting quid pro quo salary in exchange for your husband securing millions in government grants for your employer.

As far as your second paragraph above... you DO see the hypocrisy, right? You celebrate the quid pro quo as though she earned it and demean a man that built a company (Well, not according to Barack anyway - only the government builds things:@@
from scratch. Do you have the capacity to employ some logic here and see the apparent fallacies???

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Nope not a hypocrite just stating the facts, if you are going to point out the current presidents sins lets also acknowledge the formers President as well!

For the record I vote independent, and do not follow any party lines and I believe that people who do are moronic idol whorshiping sheeple! Not many people are either completely left or right, and that is how this country is divided. Most American are moderate on most issues, and nothing is black or white…

And I am tired of the “this candidate did this and this one did that!” It is all ridiculous! Republicans never admit fault Bush did Cocaine but won’t admit it, Barack did it and admitted it BOTH STILL DID IT!
They are both corrupt only in different ways, BOTH!

We need to pull an Iceland and vote them all out! And I am sorry Willard may not have the typical scandalous vices but his transgression is GREED and believe me this is one of the worse problems with this country!

edit on 6-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

So we agree!

Conservative Libertarian here... HATED Bush. Hate Obama just as much! Hoping and praying for REAL change - meaning get rid of ALL of them!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Reply to post by beezzer

She may have gone to sophisticated schools, but it's not like she was born into money, neither was Obama.

Also, a person in politics lying? By Jesus, we MUST start the lynching at once! ----- people in politics lie all the time, just like every single one of you do, don't act like a lie is a bad thing, anybody will generally lie to further themselves, maybe not massive lies that would cause suffering for another, but a lie is a lie, and we all do it, humans are animals, we have a much more intelligent brain, lying is use of intelligence, I don't see the problem.

Would it had made any difference to the overall state of your country or economy if she instead said "I am rich, and I was born rich!" ??

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren
A LOT of people DO NOT even have access to healthy foods, especially if they are homeless or jobless. The last thing on peoples minds the past four years is how to get your kid to exercise more. No, people are worried out of their minds about their jobs, or where they are going to live, or pay their bills. Who the hell has time to figure out how to fit more exercise in?

I cannot believe people support the Obamas. It truly amazes me. They are out of touch with reality. They don't know what it is to struggle! I'm not voting for Mitt either.

Sorry but this is TOTALLY BS. As somebody who used to eat horribly and now eats healthy, it's cheaper for one thing. The big problem is, it takes time to cook. Who the hell wants to cook, most parents don't even want to watch their kids, they'd rather sit them down in front of the tv. I have the up-most respect for parents. That being said, let me emphasize PARENTS. Many healthy meals don't take hours to prepare, but they do require some effort. If the kid was old enough, make them help.

God forbid people in this country take some responsibility. I mean, REALLY, you're going to rail somebody for promoting healthy living and exercise?! Really? You have to be a die-hard rabid hater of these people to rail them for such a topic. THAT truly amazes me, that you could be that out of touch with reality.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

Sacrifice what!? If you have the money, you aren't sacrificing - you are deciding where to invest it. They chose their children - good for them!

I find it comical that the liberals want to equate good parenting with "Sacrificing". These are the same people who advocate giving welfare, food stamps, section 8, FHA, medicaid etc. to people who can afford tatoos, the latest Nike high-tops, flat panel TVs, gaming systems, drugs and alcohol.

RESPONSIBLE people call these things "CHOICES", not sacrifices. If you make bad choices, people should live bad results. Michelle Obama's parents made good choices and she benefited from them. No one "sacrificed" anything. I hardly doubt they lived under a bridge and ate dirt so she could go to a private prep school. PUH-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

You can keep trying though...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Nope not a hypocrite just stating the facts, if you are going to point out the current presidents sins lets also acknowledge the formers President as well!

For the record I vote independent, and do not follow any party lines and I believe that people who do are moronic idol whorshiping sheeple! Not many people are either completely left or right, and that is how this country is divided. Most American are moderate on most issues, and nothing is black or white…

And I am tired of the “this candidate did this and this one did that!” It is all ridiculous! Republicans never admit fault Bush did Cocaine but won’t admit it, Barack did it and admitted it BOTH STILL DID IT!
They are both corrupt only in different ways, BOTH!

We need to pull an Iceland and vote them all out! And I am sorry Willard may not have the typical scandalous vices but his transgression is GREED and believe me this is one of the worse problems with this country!

edit on 6-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

So we agree!

Conservative Libertarian here... HATED Bush. Hate Obama just as much! Hoping and praying for REAL change - meaning get rid of ALL of them!

And put in LIBERAL, EAST COAST ELITE, IVY LEAGUE, Mitt Romney!

Who is drinking koolaide son???

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Sacrifice what!? If you have the money, you aren't sacrificing - you are deciding where to invest it. They chose their children - good for them!

I find it comical that the liberals want to equate good parenting with "Sacrificing". These are the same people who advocate giving welfare, food stamps, section 8, FHA, medicaid etc. to people who can afford tatoos, the latest Nike high-tops, flat panel TVs, gaming systems, drugs and alcohol.

RESPONSIBLE people call these things "CHOICES", not sacrifices. If you make bad choices, people should live bad results. Michelle Obama's parents made good choices and she benefited from them. No one "sacrificed" anything. I hardly doubt they lived under a bridge and ate dirt so she could go to a private prep school. PUH-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

I know they do not have dictionaries or logic out there in Conservatopia Land

SAC*RI*FI*CING

NOUN

The surrender of something prized or desirable for the sake of something considered as having a higher or more pressing claim.

URRR

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
one man`s struggle is another man`s lap of luxury.
maybe she really does believe that going to a prestigous school and then having to get a job was a struggle.
Maybe her life`s plan was to marry a rich dude and just sit around the pool all day getting drunk.Having to complete school and get a job would seem like a struggle compared to marrying a rich dude and getting drunk all day.

How was that trip to fantasy land? Seriously, I try really hard not to be a jerk, but I come onto this site and see people spouting off crap like this about people they've never met, never talked to, and have no direct knowledge of. Your meaningless conjecture is beyond simple trite insults, it's nothing short of callous viciousness ripping down a person you don't like because of their political stance or position of power.

Getting into Princeton University with no "connections", graduating with honors, and getting into law which is a competitive field by its own right, yeah, that's a struggle. They weren't rich, and they had to work to get in that position. Some people have an incredibly unrealistic view of struggle. I think you all have been watching too many movies where if the guy isn't Will Smith's character in The Pursuit of Happiness then they know nothing of struggle.
edit on 6-9-2012 by grimreaper797 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Republicans Twist Themselves In Knots Trying To Hate Michelle Obama’s Speech

Whitney M. Young magent school is a public school operated by Chicago Public Schools. There is no tuition. It is a public school, and like any magnet school, you have to have top academic scores to get in. Why the false depiction that this school is for the "upper class"? It's not.

Obama's grandmother had a former employer who was a Punahou alumnus. Obama attended the school on a scholarship.

In both cases, they attended these schools on their merits, not because they were "rich". They came from middle class backgrounds.

Michelle's childhood home:

Not exactly posh. Not dirt poor. Did she have to struggle to get where she is? They paid their dues. They put in the work. Neither were born with a silver spoon in their mouths.

It's strange how livid the right-wing is over Michelle's "false fairy tale" but can completely ignore the number of flagrant lies told by Ryan in his convention speech - lies that were easily disproved by facts. Yet the right can only hurl innuendo at Michelle Obama.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by jibeho

So, you're saying that she didn't struggle? Or that the door wasn't rusted? What, exactly is the lie?

The lie is OP itself, that is the lie.

These people are mad because she earned her status with hard work.

They deride her so they can hurt the presidents image by proxy.

They do so with lies

Well, you know they can't stomach a black woman earning her way to the top, daring not to know "her place." I mean, we've all seen the make up of the RNC population sitting there in those chairs in Tampa. An image of America it was not and it is not just some coincidence the crowd was 99% white. By looking at the crowd, it literally could just as easily have been a KKK rally without the sheets. Most of the few minorities that were there we the Times Forum maintenance folks...and that's just how the preponderance of that crowd likes it.

That's why the left was so nice to Condi Rice. It was Democrats who called her a "house n#$@r." Dems only care about minorities that STFU and fit the mold they have picked for them.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I've noticed that the left loves to denegrate success and use class warfare except when it comes to their own guys.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

I've noticed that the left loves to denegrate success and use class warfare except when it comes to their own guys.

Her father was a janitor and her mother was a secretary, is that considered high class?

Odd that this entire thread is here to denegrate her success - but I guess this is kindergarden rules

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Her father was a janitor and her mother was a secretary, is that considered high class?

Odd that this entire thread is here to denegrate her success - but I guess this is kindergarden rules

THe entire DNC platform is about denegrating success and punishing it and using class warfare--conveniently ignored when it is one of their own. The Obamas are now worth tens of millions. Good for them. The problem is that people who build up similar wealth through similar hard work and dedication are denegrated by the left as the "undeserving rich."

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

THe entire DNC platform is about denegrating success and punishing it and using class warfare--conveniently ignored when it is one of their own. The Obamas are now worth tens of millions. Good for them. The problem is that people who build up similar wealth through similar hard work and dedication are denegrated by the left as the "undeserving rich."

No, The banks and insurance companies that defrauded this nation are undeserving.

You clearly aren't listening very carefully.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Left and Right paradigm?

Im British and i think its pretty damn obvious that the american candidates for presidency have been selected for you. Really doesn't matter who you vote in, You're going to get the same product with a different label:

More tax cuts for the rich
More low income families due to a declined middle class.
Less rights, Police state,
Inflation
War
Corruption at all levels.

And two sides of the spectrum blaming one another. Why even take this election seriously? Just voting for a different figurehead. Same in England, new brand, same product.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Left and Right paradigm?

Im British and i think its pretty damn obvious that the american candidates for presidency have been selected for you. Really doesn't matter who you vote in, You're going to get the same product with a different label:

Inflation
War

And two sides of the spectrum blaming one another. Why even take this election seriously? Just voting for a different figurehead. Same in England, new brand, same product.

I think you are wrong, we have levels of degrees and Romney is a 10 in pursuing the
strictest interests of the Elite because that is who he is and who he was born.

If I can shave off some degrees of craziness, that is a plus.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Left and Right paradigm?

Inflation
War

I think you are wrong, we have levels of degrees and Romney is a 10 in pursuing the
strictest interests of the Elite because that is who he is and who he was born.

If I can shave off some degrees of craziness, that is a plus.

Yes but my point is that at some time or the other, we are going to end up where they're taking us anyway? And so it really doesnt matter who gets in, its the same plan. They win, we lose.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yeah, whoever made this thread has either, not done the easily accessed research, or is just repeating something they heard with no verification. How can you possibly say they were privileged when every iota of information is made available to you and the evidence shows otherwise. They were clearly lower to middle class and actually DID what there parents told them. Work hard, Study Hard, And you will acheive. That's what they did and today is the fruition of those years of labor.

I'm not a democrat by any means and I can't stand Obama's policies. But let's be real here. They took very little and made it into something. Anyone who says otherwise in the face of the OVERWHELMING evidence is purposely putting out false info or is a total moron. Yeah, I mean you thread poster...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join