It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact Check: First Lady's False Fairy Tale of Struggle

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by RSF77

Ever the defender of the great Obama and company without realizing they don't have a rags to riches story.

They were middle class, please get over it.

The middle class of the 80's and 90's were way different than the middle class we have today. Middle class today means welfare and food stamps for most. My parents were doing very well as middle class in the 80's to 90's.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Struggle? They live in the white house, poor folks don't get elected to political office....any political office. Both parties have spent enough money to pave a new highway from coast to coast. Rebuild all the freaking bridges in America and up grade our schools.

I would'nt trust Mr & Mrs Obama in a shat house with a muzzle on. And I myself don't remember the auto industry being "in trouble" until the housing boom went down, they saw everybody getting $$$$$ hand outs so they stuck their hand out.

The hardest thing Mrs.Obama ever did, was trying to see around Aretha Franklins hat. Yea, america is in good hands. A beer swiggin, round-ball playing, liar. We be screwed blued & tattooed.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by PMNOrlando
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

michelle o. Has spent more on vacations then any other first lady and I believe I read she as upwards of 20+ aides or servants. And look at the clothes she wears, it's as if she thinks anytime she goes somewhere she's stepping on a red carpet.

While Americans are losing their jobs, being forced to go on welfare to feed their families, and losing their homes. And the only thing she has done is start a campaign on healthy eating and fitness. Does she even open her eyes to see what is going on this country? A LOT of people DO NOT even have access to healthy foods, especially if they are homeless or jobless. The last thing on peoples minds the past four years is how to get your kid to exercise more. No, people are worried out of their minds about their jobs, or where they are going to live, or pay their bills. Who the hell has time to figure out how to fit more exercise in?

I cannot believe people support the Obamas. It truly amazes me. They are out of touch with reality. They don't know what it is to struggle! I'm not voting for Mitt either.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm supposed to believe those who are not going to let "fact-checkers" dictate their campaign when they all of a sudden become fact-checkers themselves? Please! Brietbart has made their fortune by spreading lies and propaganda and now all of a sudden, they're the spreaders of truth?

www.salon.com...

The media fact-checkers have finally accomplished something: Now the nuts are just adding “fact check” to their nonsense.

Once the objective press’ official arbiters of truth all decided that the Republicans, and specifically Paul Ryan, were guilty of 10 million more Pinocchios than the Democrats, it was really only a matter of time before the parallel right-wing press adopted the “fact-check” language for their own purposes, as a means of trolling the left and of ensuring that no objective reality ever threaten to pierce their little bubble of increasingly convoluted mythology.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Come on to my neighbor hood Obama' family I can show you poor people. I can show you hardship and hopelessness. Want to see the sick and hungry people wasting away in the streets? I can show you Obama family I can show you what it means to be poor.

Meanwhile at the WH, another night of bellying up to the bar for cocktails, steak dinners, and entertaining fat rich elite. Then they have the nerve to stand behind a podium and pretend they understand what is going on and that they care about us.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kituwa

Originally posted by abeverage
Quick anyone got a graph or a chart showing Romney income vs. Obama income? I would love to see that? or Willards income compared to entire population of my home town (hint: at 1300 people) he still is worth more!

I will never vote for someone who did not make the American dream but was handed it on a silver platter..
edit on 5-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

Would you feel better if he threw those riches down the drain with drugs

edit on 5-9-2012 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

Oh you mean like cocain? Like the hush h(b)ush former presidents problem?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hmmmmm The republicans lied.....The democrats lied.....Welcome to american politics where they all lie to get what they want. What part of liars=politicians do you not understand?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Oh yes on the outside looking in is just like living it first hand eh?
So by the same logic presented, the time that I worked at a country club I was a member?
edit on 6-9-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

They don't care about us at all. I can't believe we have people on this site sitting around all day promoting and defending these tyrants.
Once someone makes their stay here about promoting politicians I no longer lend any merit to them as a member. They feel very shill like if ya know what I mean?
l

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident
reply to post by jibeho

You guys are just mad because Michele worked her way up to the top.

She wasn't born into wealth and she didn't marry into it, she went for it her self,
a fine example of the American dream in action.

She is smart, strong and I think she makes a good first lady.

Welcome to fantasyland!

With a crash, a bang, a boom and big taste too - OH YEAH! HEY KOOLAID!!!

Did you not read the OP? She was privledged from the onset and continued to reap the reward of privledge throughout her entire life. If that was not enough, she received quid pro quo compensation from her employer as her husband secured millions in grants for her employer - "A fine example of the 'American Dream' in action" indeed.

Do you liberals have even the slightest clue how hypocrital and out of touch you appear to people who have a functioning a brain???

Keep cheering on the destruction of the REAL American Dream!

Ridiculous!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Quick anyone got a graph or a chart showing Romney income vs. Obama income? I would love to see that? or Willards income compared to entire population of my home town (hint: at 1300 people) he still is worth more!

I will never vote for someone who did not make the American dream but was handed it on a silver platter..

Does your blind partisanship prevent you from remembering the "Choom gang" that Barack belonged to? Does it prevent you from remembering Brack's admission to his use of coc aine? Or... are you just a disingenous hypocrite? Just wondering...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by jibeho

So, you're saying that she didn't struggle? Or that the door wasn't rusted? What, exactly is the lie?

Good question that. I, like you, will be waiting for a rational answer.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

My favorite part of Michelle? How she emulates Jackie Kennedy in her presence, clothing and 'style'.

Sister, you are "Michelle O." You will NEVER be Jackie O.

Once upon a time, there was a poor, unloved little girl. She grew into American royalty-------

No, honey-pumpkin-sweetie-pants. Your transparency makes makes the former first lady roll over in her grave and demand you take off the pearls.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

What is the lie that Michelle told?

Did I use the word "lie"? No, but she did clearly paint a picture that was not accurate, so okay, perhaps lie IS the best term, on second thought.

She is acting like they had it tough-- Like they experienced what the majority of Americans go through. They did NOT. At the very worst, they experienced upper middle class upbringings. That is NOT the same for most Americans. Her stories are told in such a way to make us think they have raised themselves up from poverty through their hard work. They did not.

You really can't argue with that.

Well, this IS ATS. I guess you could argue about anything....

I would disagree with you that they gave a picture of them in poverty. I saw a picture of them in middle class upbringing and using financial aid to attend schools which would otherwise be outside of their means. From everything I have read, this is entirely true.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
one man`s struggle is another man`s lap of luxury.
maybe she really does believe that going to a prestigous school and then having to get a job was a struggle.
Maybe her life`s plan was to marry a rich dude and just sit around the pool all day getting drunk.Having to complete school and get a job would seem like a struggle compared to marrying a rich dude and getting drunk all day.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

reply to post by jibeho

She wasn't born into wealth and she didn't marry into it, she went for it her self,
a fine example of the American dream in action.

She is smart, strong and I think she makes a good first lady.

Welcome to fantasyland!

With a crash, a bang, a boom and big taste too - OH YEAH! HEY KOOLAID!!!

Did you not read the OP? She was privledged from the onset and continued to reap the reward of privledge throughout her entire life.

UH,

Her Mother was a secretary and her father was a Janitor

urr

She wasn't born the FLOTUS, FYI

You guys are so far out there, say hi ti Pluto for me!
edit on 6-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
dumpster diving,

pffffft

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You are just defending her nonsense because you are a rabid left winger to the bitter end.
Mitt Romney is the guy who worked his way to the top from dirt poor roots. (poor father .. to middle class ... and then Mitt from Middle Class to Uber-rich) Not Michelle.

Originally posted by sealing
ROMNEY and RYAN were inheritance babies.
Of not just well off, but very wealthy parents..

2 - Ryans family built a family owned business from the ground up. His father died young. Ryan is not an 'inheritance baby'. And his family doesn't have to apologize for started and running a family successful family business. It's the american dream.

Ryan's grandfather started Ryan Incorporated Central.

Ryan's family was very well off when he was born.

www.ryancentral.com...

Rep. Paul Ryan changed his financial disclosure documents this spring to show the addition of a trust valued between $1 million and $5 million, while Mitt Romney’s campaign was vetting him for the Republican presidential ticket.

blogs.wsj.com...

I don't have a trust, Ryans does

3 - Romneys father, his entire family, was very poor during the depression. His father WORKED HARD and was smart and therefore he was able to live the American dream .. going from dirt poor to upper middle class. Mitt was able to take that further by becoming successful on his own.

Mitt was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and his father bankrolled his business and paid for his Ivy
League education and helped him secure his first clients

Becoming successful is NOTHING to apologize for.

Unless it is one of the Obamas, then you and neocon hoard will disregard the
ultra ELITE person you are running.

Send me a postcard from Saturn

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoubleDNH

I would disagree with you that they gave a picture of them in poverty. I saw a picture of them in middle class upbringing and using financial aid to attend schools which would otherwise be outside of their means. From everything I have read, this is entirely true.

I agree. It's amazing what people can read into something.

I had to go research Michelle Obama to get facts. Some people are just go-getter over-achievers - - - and she seems to be one of those people.

I don't understand people who want to "knock a person off the mountain top" - - - when that person focused and dedicated themselves through hard work to get there.

Would she have more value if she dug ditches and scrubbed houses? Just silly.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Does your blind partisanship prevent you from remembering the "Choom gang" that Barack belonged to? Does it prevent you from remembering Brack's admission to his use of coc aine? Or... are you just a disingenous hypocrite? Just wondering...

Nope not a hypocrite just stating the facts, if you are going to point out the current presidents sins lets also acknowledge the formers President as well!

For the record I vote independent, and do not follow any party lines and I believe that people who do are moronic idol whorshiping sheeple! Not many people are either completely left or right, and that is how this country is divided. Most American are moderate on most issues, and nothing is black or white…

And I am tired of the “this candidate did this and this one did that!” It is all ridiculous! Republicans never admit fault Bush did Cocaine but won’t admit it, Barack did it and admitted it BOTH STILL DID IT!
They are both corrupt only in different ways, BOTH!

We need to pull an Iceland and vote them all out! And I am sorry Willard may not have the typical scandalous vices but his transgression is GREED and believe me this is one of the worse problems with this country!

edit on 6-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join