It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact Check: First Lady's False Fairy Tale of Struggle

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+80 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Michelle needs a reality check! She also needs to stop lying in order to tell a neato story. Guess what Michelle? It's not 2008 again and people are wise to the Obama fables...

So, what did she claim last night??

She spoke movingly about their early years--about how a young Barack Obama drove a car that was “rusted out" and found his furniture “in a dumpster,” how they both came from families that had to “scrape by.” Her fairy tale--however well-delivered--was one great, big, colorful lie.

Why didn't Michelle share this story of her reality??

Both Michelle Robinson and Barack Obama began their adult lives with a leg up on the rest of America. They attended elite schools: Michelle went to Whitney Young, the public magnet school for Chicago’s upper class, while Barack attended Punahou, the private prep school for the top stratum of Hawaiian society. They were accepted to Ivy League schools despite undistinguished credentials, and both attended Harvard Law School.

“[B]elieve it or not, when we were first married, our combined monthly student loan bills were actually higher than our mortgage,” Michelle said. That sounds like a raw deal--but in fact reflects their fortunate circumstances. They had both just graduated from a very expensive law school, and their combined income from cushy law firm jobs dwarfed the repayments. Barack also soon enjoyed a second salary from the University of Chicago.

They had expensive tastes, reflected in the $277,500 two-bedroom condo they bought in 1993--a high price even by today’s standards. Several years later, they moved into their $1.65 million mansion in Hyde Park--with the help of fraudster Tony Rezko. Barack often told a story of hardship on the campaign trail in 2008 about having his credit card declined--once. The fact that he thought this counted as real hardship speaks volumes.

When Barack Obama was elected to the U.S. Senate, he obtained a $1 million earmark for the University of Chicago Hospital--and his wife’s salary as Vice President for Community Affairs jumped from $121,910 to $316,962. Her job: pushing poor, uninsured patients to other hospitals.

Tough life MIchelle

“[T]ruth matters,” Michelle Obama told the nation last night. That, too, is a lie--because so far, she has evaded it without consequence.

www.breitbart.com...
edit on 5-9-2012 by jibeho because: goof

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Tee he he... What a line of bull. She always says what she wants people to believe. Screw the truth. Anyway, I also heard the she loves Barry more now than in 2008. Hmmm... makes me think.

edit on 5-9-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
That shows how BOTH sides of the political aisle are wildly out of touch.

I've seen over and over how the Romneys have been ridiculed for talking about their early struggles. Will I see this same criticism of the Obamas? No, I'm pretty sure that it will NOT get much attention. And that is wrong.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I had to stop watching after she said Barrack "saved the auto industry". really!!!!

Half a billion to make the Volt, that sold for $40k Gm out sourcing to Canada and Mexico there were a lot of "fairy tales" last nite in Charlotte.

Barrack saved the United autoworkers with your money.
edit on 5-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
TOO LATE, millions saw her speech and only a handful will fact check.

+34 more 
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You guys are just mad because Michele worked her way up to the top.

She wasn't born into wealth and she didn't marry into it, she went for it her self,
a fine example of the American dream in action.

She is smart, strong and I think she makes a good first lady.

+14 more 
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Lol like Brietbart is known for it's extensive fact checking.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Barrack saved the United autoworkers with your money.

And saved you from having to pay them welfare for doing nothing.

I don't think it is possible to make you happy which is really your problem, not
the world's.
edit on 5-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
That shows how BOTH sides of the political aisle are wildly out of touch.

I've seen over and over how the Romneys have been ridiculed for talking about their early struggles. Will I see this same criticism of the Obamas?

What struggles?

Do you mean the ivy league education paid for by daddy?

Or the Millions of dollars to start a business, paid for by daddy?

Or maybe, the Rolodex filled with Daddy's friends and contacts?

It is almost laughable really

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
And she is a bit conceited don't we think ?

During her "speech", she said "I" or "Me" no less than 83 times

In her address to the Democratic Convention Tuesday evening, First Lady Michelle Obama used the words “I” or “me” 83 times, an average of more than three self-references a minute during her 25 minute speech.

The emphasis on herself is of note not only because of the strikingly personal nature of the speech, but because of the remarkable suggestion by the first lady that her political views and those of her husband arise much from their own experiences than a reasoned assessment of policies and facts.
Michelle Says “I” or “Me” 83 times

Always a heartwarming and wholesome sob story.

Michelle and Barack will make millions on the Book and TV circuit next year.

We could be seeing the "set up" right now.

Watch how she keeps shaking her head and "talking" with her hands

"Watch Michelle Obama Speak to the Democratic National Convention"

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
As I watched last night I thought;
"Who on ATS can contradict a real story of making it to the top?"

ROMNEY and RYAN were inheritance babies.
Of not just well off, but very wealthy parents.
But of course, it's her story of struggle you find disingenuous .

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Quick anyone got a graph or a chart showing Romney income vs. Obama income? I would love to see that? or Willards income compared to entire population of my home town (hint: at 1300 people) he still is worth more!

+49 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The First Lady is a liar.

Yes, I went there.

Colour it however you want. Blame Ryan and Romney if you wish.

It won't hide the fact that she is a liar.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
OMG say it aint so, politicians and those around them lie?

I never would of thought that people would Lie to get power, imagine that.

Kick them all out of office, period, DEM, REP, any politicians that has been in term while this country is collapsing should be thrown out on their ass with their wives as well.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Let's not be too shocked by this. If you're not into fact checking, just assume that when you see a politician (immediate family members included) speaking, they're lying. Why? Well its not complicated. Its 100% to do with money and power. They will literally say anything to get/maintain it. They also think (correctly) that a large portion of their audience is too stupid/lazy to ever check up on these stories. Lying is THE most effective strategy in politics and there's virtually no consequences even if you're caught. Easy peasy.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ouch how about "truthfully challenged" ?

Since they are the party of political correctness

never mind go there since that is all the have said about the R's.

Liar Liar!!!

There is that fair play fair share in action.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Yes, I went there.

Blame Ryan and Romney if you wish.

My friend the Obamanites will find a way to Blame Bush for the Romney's having a wealthier family than Michelle,,,, you know that!

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Yes, I went there.

Theyre all liars Mr Beez.
Every one of them. ALL politicians from city to county to country.

Ill tell you this.. being not only a woman but a minority as well, this kind of garbage pisses me off. Struggle? She wouldnt know a struggle if it fell from the sky, landed on her face and wiggled. Im not jealous, I worked to having a very successful life.. on my own as my father refused to allow me to accept tribal scholarships and etc. I did it the hard way just like everyone else.. and worked my ass off. I resent lies like this out of Michelle, Barry, the dopes in the Romney camp.. whomever. Be real or go away. To justify Michelles hubris by invoking the Romney camp is a freaking weak argument. A lie is a lie.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

They also think (correctly) that a large portion of their audience is too stupid/lazy to ever check up on these stories.

True, so true, and people say Obama is Stupid,,,,, Wrong!

If we can't get the word out,,,,, it'll happen again! We'll lose another four years of jobs and homes and self respect.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

If we've gotten so jaded that having the First Lady lie doesn't raise an eyebrow, then we need to kick them all out.

I won't stand for it when a conservative lies.

Why should I accept this tripe!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join