It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact Check: First Lady's False Fairy Tale of Struggle

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

edit on 9/10/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Originally posted by Summerian

Originally posted by jibeho

So where's the - Her job: pushing poor, uninsured patients to other hospitals - at?
Now - should I do some more fact check on your fact check?

Are you saying my facts are not correct??

WASHINGTON — Officials at the University of Chicago Hospitals on Tuesday explained a large salary jump for Sen. Barack Obama's wife shortly after he took office as a normal promotion that reflected expanded duties in her job as a liaison with the South Side community surrounding the medical center.

Michelle Obama was promoted to vice president for external affairs in March 2005, two months after her husband took office in the Senate. According to a tax return released by the senator this week, the promotion nearly tripled her income from the hospitals from $121,910 in 2004 to $316,962 in 2005.

articles.chicagotribune.com...

"She was hired before Barack was Barack," Riordan said. "She is worth her weight in gold, and she is just terrific."

As for her job while at U of Chicago Medical. No one really knows exactly what she did. Her job was eliminated after she began to focus on campaign duties. Best of all, Obama's buddy Dr. Eric Whitaker took over her "duties" after she left.

The federal government has awarded a nearly $6 million grant to a Chicago hospital with close ties to President Obama.

The grant was awarded to the University of Chicago Medical Center’s Urban Health Initiative through the president’s Affordable Care Act and will link patients with community-based services through an electronic data base.

The initiative is run by longtime Obama friend and golfing partner Dr. Eric Whitaker, and the medical center is closely tied to the Obama family. Whitaker is the executive vice president and an associate dean at the University of Chicago Medical Center.

First lady Michelle Obama also used to work at the medical center, which received the grant with two co-applicants. She started working at the university in 1996, then became a vice president at its medical center. And senior White House adviser Valerie Jarrett was chairman of the medical center’s Board of Trustees before coming to Washington, according to her official profile.

Oh my... Valerie Jarrett worked there too...
Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Whitaker allegedly bribed Jeremiah Wright and is also has linked to felon Tony Rezko. They are linked via Michelle and Barack.

Whitaker is now Executive Vice President of the University of Chicago's Medical Center, which just received a $5.9 M Health and Human Services grant to continue a project FLOTUS Michelle Obama worked on while she was on the Univeristy of Chicago Health Center's staff, creating and running the Urban Health Initiative. The Chicago Sun Times describes the program:

When Whitaker joined the University of Chicago Medical Center, he took over a program called the urban health initiative. The program, which Michelle Obama helped create, tries to connect low-income families with doctors in their own communities.

The Chicago Sun-Times criticized the program, saying it "steers patients who don't have private insurance - primarily poor, black people - to other health care facilities."

Catch that last line.... Just the facts..

facts... fox news... o'boy

Are you saying this Whitaker is Michelle??
Where is the link proving - Her job: pushing poor, uninsured patients to other hospitals - at?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Summerian

Please go back and read my additional post after my response to you on the previous page. It clearly explains Michelle Obama's "Patient Dumping Scheme" that even brought in David Axelrod to help sell the scam. It worked!! Yes she pushed those patients far away from University of Chicago Medical Center as she was hired to do and when she left her post Eric Whitaker carried the torch... She walked a fine line....

Valerie Jarrett
Eric Whitaker
Michelle Obama
Tony Rezko
David Axelrod
Barack Obama

All connected to a variety of schemes involving this Hospital and then candidate Obama... all ignored by the MSM....

Look up the Chicago urban health initiative...

University of Chicago President Robert Zimmer says the school's medical center is rethinking an existing program that redirects patients to other nearby hospitals and clinics on Chicago's South Side.

An internal memo by Zimmer says a committee will "review, refine and modify" the Urban Health Initiative, the Chicago Tribune reported.

The program came under fire by national medical associations after the Tribune reported last month that a 12-year-old boy bitten by a pit bull was sent away from the University of Chicago Medical Center with only a shot and painkillers.

Now-first lady Michelle Obama was involved in the initiative's creation when she worked as a hospital vice president.

Source: www.nbcchicago.com...

ACEP expressed grave concerns that the University of Chicago’s policy toward emergency patients is dangerously close to "patient dumping," a practice made illegal by the Emergency Medical Labor and Treatment Act (EMTALA), and reflected an effort to "cherry pick" wealthy patients over poor.

"The medical center is reducing emergency care access to its local community, while at the same time, opening a ‘side door’ to a ‘specialty intake area’ to provide emergency care to medical center private patients," said
Dr. Nick Jouriles, president of ACEP. "This is a dangerous precedent that could have catastrophic effects in poor neighborhoods across the country. Congress needs to hold hearings about the problems facing emergency patients. If other community, non-profit hospitals follow this example and shift the lion’s share of resources to its high-revenue elective patients and procedures, it will leave many emergency patients virtually out in the cold. The University of Chicago Medical Center is located in a poor neighborhood whose residents have few, if any, other options for emergency care."

Don't like the facts?? Attack the source...

www.acep.org...

edit on 11-9-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
She never really had me, but she lost any chance when she was caught uttering "all this for a damn flag".

The contempt she shows for this country is embarassing.

And before you run to Snopes and say it's inconclusive, my wife is deaf, she confirmed it. The reason Snopes has it listed as inconclusive is because the original poster of the translater was somehow affiliated with the school either as a student or staff member, and the claim was tied to the school.

The school didn't want to be involved with any controversy, so they wanted their name removed from the discussion. And then the Obama camp said she was saying "how pretty they fold that flag", but according to my wife her tounge doesn't match that version.

In case you haven't seen it,

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
She never really had me, but she lost any chance when she was caught uttering "all this for a damn flag".

The contempt she shows for this country is embarassing.

When was that, I never heard it.

And before you run to Snopes and say it's inconclusive, my wife is deaf, she confirmed it.

Oh, your deaf wife heard her say it?
Did your blind brother see her do anything like that too?

The reason Snopes has it listed as inconclusive is because the original poster of the translater was somehow affiliated with the school either as a student or staff member, and the claim was tied to the school.

Seems like it is inconclusive because you have no proof of what she said at all and even deaf people know lip reading is not perfect, especially one out of context short utterance.

The school didn't want to be involved with any controversy, so they wanted their name removed from the discussion. And then the Obama camp said she was saying "how pretty they fold that flag", but according to my wife her tounge doesn't match that version.

In case you haven't seen it,

www.youtube.com...

I still did not hear her say it. I must need a deaf person to hear it for me.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wascurious

If you think it was "heard" by all those deaf people who also commented on it, you may be beyond help.

It's not as though my wife is the only lip reader to come to that conclusion.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

wascurious was engaging in Audism, and from my experience most Audists are alwayse beyond help.

It's one thing to be ignorant of something. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge and can be cured through the acquisition of knowledge.

Most Audists are acting stupid, there is no cure for stupidity. It can't be cured through education. Stupidity is brought about by willingly choosing not to learn and grow.
edit on 15-9-2012 by Pigraphia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I just came across this alternate explanation video.

Uh... I'm no grammar/syntax error but "how pretty they fold that flag" is a fragment sentence.
I could buy if she said "look how pretty they fold the flag" or "How pretty; they're folding the flag".
I don't think that Mrs. Obama is prone to speaking in sentences that are totally incomplete and make her sound like she isn't refined.
She is very polished(which is good in a first lady) and it's hard to turn that off randomly and speak poorly.

I don't know what she said, though I do have an opinion(which isn't relevant for my point).
That is people will go out of their way to defend some people.
Including trying really hard to find another phrase she said.
Even if that phrase is horribly cobbled together and not something you could picture her saying.
They are restricted by 6 maybe 7 words at max all of small to medium size.
So they came up with "how pretty they fold that flag", that sounds atrocious, and not something a well educated person would say.

Like I said I really don't know what she said.
My point is people will almost pull a muscle stretching to defend someone.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

Exactly.

And why the smug look of agreement if thats what she said?

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join