It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Testament Fairy Tales

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MamaJ

Okay, then...if Jesus rose again after sacrificing himself, that doesn't make it much of a sacrifice, does it? If his death earned the forgiveness of our sins, shouldn't his resurrection have reneged on that deal? That's cheating...no wonder we're still in the doghouse.

edit on 11-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I have learned and subsequently believe, that the pain and suffering this man experienced during his death or crucifiction was in part due to his karma. The pain and suffering experienced, both physically and mentally, helped him to 'pay back' his karma and rid him of his 'debts'

I don't yet fully comprehend how our sins were forgiven by Jesus experienceing this death, but I feel I understand a little why he had to endure this event in relation to his own ascension, and the sybology of this event in regards to the work needed for us to ascend.

As always, the above is my own belief/interpretation...

Regards

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gnobody

reply to post by MamaJ

Okay, then...if Jesus rose again after sacrificing himself, that doesn't make it much of a sacrifice, does it? If his death earned the forgiveness of our sins, shouldn't his resurrection have reneged on that deal? That's cheating...no wonder we're still in the doghouse.

edit on 11-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I have learned and subsequently believe, that the pain and suffering this man experienced during his death or crucifiction was in part due to his karma. The pain and suffering experienced, both physically and mentally, helped him to 'pay back' his karma and rid him of his 'debts'

I don't yet fully comprehend how our sins were forgiven by Jesus experienceing this death, but I feel I understand a little why he had to endure this event in relation to his own ascension, and the sybology of this event in regards to the work needed for us to ascend.

As always, the above is my own belief/interpretation...

Regards

Gnobody

I agree, I believe he is our representitive in man as we all sacrifice at one time or another. We all seem to be lower at times than others whereas we may miss our mark/ goal and be said to " sin".

Each polarity has an opposite with its positive and negative. Each representing a scale of the same thing.

Karmic debt is a law.

We all experience death which is the opposite of life.

The earth too has her own poles and will experience her own death as well.... Or so I see it like that anyway.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by daskakik

Ok... Your mind is made up and I am not a one to force my views of who we are and where we are going on anyone. I'm a guide and a teacher and a student.... Not a one to argue.

Sorry but you are wrong. My mind is open and I am willing to learn but, in order for you to teach, you have to be open to the student asking questions and you have to have answers that satisfy and not just try to brush over the contradictions in what you are trying to pass off as truth.

I'm not trying to be right or wrong. We are speaking of truth and half truths.

I'm willing to answer any question as I see it but I appreciate respect and giving respect.

Assumptions and attacks on my belief becomes personal. We can speak with respect and understanding, can we not?

Your last sentence offends me as most of your posts do. Brush over what contradictions? Why would I lead you on like that? That's not who I am or what I represent.

Can't have a two way communication that's of value when attacks are made.

I'm willing to start over and have a loving discussion of minds.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I'm not trying to be right or wrong. We are speaking of truth and half truths.

I'm willing to answer any question as I see it but I appreciate respect and giving respect.

I think it is a little disrespectful to assume that you hold the truth and that everyone else is here to be taught and guided by you.

Assumptions and attacks on my belief becomes personal. We can speak with respect and understanding, can we not?

If you and others can't question your belief, then it would seem that the closed minded person here is you. Someone pointing this out bothers you, but you seem to have no problem telling others to open their mind.

Your last sentence offends me as most of your posts do. Brush over what contradictions? Why would I lead you on like that? That's not who I am or what I represent.

It's simple. You are here for a reason yet you complain about being here.

This isn't just you but I have seen others claim to be awake, point to Jesus as an example, but still complain about this place being heavy on them.

You stated:

Jesus has evolved over time but always had a purpose fulfilling the law of one. The same goes for us too!

So why point out the Jesus story to someone looking for the truth. According to your logic, you should be the living Jesus story. One that could not be refuted. Yet you complain about your purpose and become offended when someone points that out.

You would rather talk about Jesus than rise to his level. Then again, maybe you can't because the one holding half truths is you.

It's OK if you would rather not discuss it with me.

edit on 14-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hermit777
reply to post by jiggerj

Ok so now read the Gnostic Writings and get more confused. But there are many things in Heaven and Earth your Science has yet to understand.

Organized Religion of any thread is scary and controlling

But Don't Worry be happy is a good thing. Seeing dead people why not ?

Are you a Gnostic?

Not meant to offend, just curious.

I accept those things yes but not exclusively so much was lost.
I more a Hermeticist

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I accept those things yes but not exclusively so much was lost. I more a Hermeticist
reply to post by Hermit777

I am too!!! Nice to see others on the same path as I am. It's hard for me to relate with others sometimes because the dogma of religion gets in the way. This thread is proof! Lol

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

So why point out the Jesus story to someone looking for the truth. According to your logic, you should be the living Jesus story. One that could not be refuted. Yet you complain about your purpose and become offended when someone points that out.

Again, you have no idea what my logic is as you are basing all your thoughts and words on assumptions which doesn't and hasn't gotten us anywhere.

We are not living the Jesus story. Lol he did.

We have OUR OWN STORY! Hope you understand this concept now!

I'm not offended, I'm worn out with all the dogmatic assumptions.

Look, obvioisly I'm proof that one can have the love for god and Jesus without the dogma of Christianity.

It's not my fault you are not understanding as I'm trying to convey as best as I can.

Here is how I see it.....

God is without form Of which all things are the form.

His true nature is the power of thought.

He is without dimensions and proportions however contains all dimensions and proportions within his own nature.

This appears in the apocalyptic of the New Testament.

There are degrees of the same when it comes to cold, hot. Same with good and bad.

Thoughts manifest. See the creation story in the mind not in the world first.

The creation story then becomes manifested from said thought.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

It's simple. You are here for a reason yet you complain about being here. This isn't just you but I have seen others claim to be awake, point to Jesus as an example, but still complain about this place being heavy on them.

I have not complained about being here. You take something said by me, twist it and then run with it! Why?

I just so happen to not want to COME BACK. I happen to believe the Universe is my home and this is not the only place! Open minds understand this as an open mind has the knowledge to KNOW this. It's open and not confined TO THIS WORLD.

When people die, come back to tell a story " of heaven" they ALL say they feel lighter. They feel the warming rays of love and comfort. Why? Because their burdens of the flesh are GONE.

I love my life. Love my kids and love my job.

You don't know me...... At all.

Your misunderstanding of me is not a blame that should be placed in my lap. It's up to you to either TRY to understand in a nice way ( Preferably !! ) or leave me be.

edit on 15-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Your 'hermeticism' has the same taste to it...not 'dogmatic', really, but 'exclusive', as in, 'our way is the only right way'. I can't recall ever really seeing you agree with a view that differs from yours, but I see you promoting your own endlessly. It smells of 'exclusive'.

I tend to disagree with anything that takes that stance, because even a coin has more than one side, yet is very real from either perspective. Just making a point here, so relax and don't get defensive.

edit on 15-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Your 'hermeticism' has the same taste to it...not 'dogmatic', really, but 'exclusive', as in, 'our way is the only right way'. I can't recall ever really seeing you agree with a view that differs from yours, but I see you promoting your own endlessly. It smells of 'exclusive'.

I tend to disagree with anything that takes that stance, because even a coin has more than one side, yet is very real from either perspective. Just making a point here, so relax and don't get defensive.

Your need to be right and heard has been exhausted. I could care less if you agree or not. Why continue to follow me around like a little puppy? You go from thread to thread doing so and it's again, exhausted itself.

Defensive is not something I'm showing, it's the lack of understanding from you, youre unwilling to put your defensive guard down and from this you display your willingness to twist or attack without ever first hearing all that i believe or know and that's very annoying.

I have stopped trying to convey to you simply because after so many threads you still do not understand my mind set, I understand yours completely.

Hermetisicm is something I'm not so sure you are familiar with at all and when first introduced to you yetserday, you said you would read it all. Meaning, you had not ever read it.

Get familiar with it, understand it. It's not a way, it's a philosophy of the All in which has been understood by many of the few and the derivative of all religions.

When you understand the principles and see other religions have sprung from this philosophy then, and only then will you and I be at the same level of thought whereas there will be no confusion.

I've offered many links, none of which you read.

You are so determined to speak, you won't even listen.

You are so determined to be right, you won't consider another frame of thought to be right.

Defending so " many ways " whereas religion has divided itself from one.

We see the ALL in ONE.

I'm not going to continue going back and forth with you. It's a waste of both our energies to do so.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I don't care if you agree with me. I care that you pretend my points are juvenile, when in fact they're only juvenile because you don't want to concede that your own points are subjective.

But that's your problem, not mine. And I have considered your point of view. It has its merits, and it's very educational and entertaining. That does not make it the "only view". And that's the impression I keep getting from your posts, WITH ALL DUE RESPECT.

And I have read your links. Well, one...the hermetics one. And I have already described my opinion of it above. You seem to think your way is the only way. It's your only way, but not mine, nor should it be anyone else's. Never stick to one thing...it compromises your flexibility in life and the universe.

However, I believe I will go and check out the Perfect Sermon. I'm interested to see what it has to say. I bid you a fond adieu for the time being.

Edit: I cannot find it. Would you be kind enough to direct me to the "Perfect Discourse"?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

I don't care if you agree with me. I care that you pretend my points are juvenile, when in fact they're only juvenile because you don't want to concede that your own points are subjective.

But that's your problem, not mine. And I have considered your point of view. It has its merits, and it's very educational and entertaining. That does not make it the "only view". And that's the impression I keep getting from your posts, WITH ALL DUE RESPECT.

And I have read your links. Well, one...the hermetics one. And I have already described my opinion of it above. You seem to think your way is the only way. It's your only way, but not mine, nor should it be anyone else's. Never stick to one thing...it compromises your flexibility in life and the universe.

However, I believe I will go and check out the Perfect Sermon. I'm interested to see what it has to say. I bid you a fond adieu for the time being.

Edit: I cannot find it. Would you be kind enough to direct me to the "Perfect Discourse"?

Your points have not been considered as juvenile. Geeeeeeeeeeez!

I've been There already..... Where your thoughts are. I want to go forward, willing to take you with me. I don't want to be drug back in time. It's simple as that.

Lol..... I have not stuck with one way.... You are so silly! Lol!!

When you understand the philosophy, you will understand me. Until then, we are wasting out time.

I will guide you to something that is more than that link offered.

Listen to an hour and fifty minute lecture while you do other things when you have the time. This is important and will lead you to my mind.... To our mind.

I can't link it through the iPad, however you can google Orientation of the Hermetic Philosophy and from there listen to the Hermetic Philosophy, Gnosticism, and the Neoplatoism. Only then will you truly understand.

I'm loving, humble, and have humility. I'm more than those attributes though and so are you. We are the All within the One. So accordingly there are many ways that lead us to one.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

We are not living the Jesus story. Lol he did.

We have OUR OWN STORY! Hope you understand this concept now!

But you have repeatedly said that the stories are the same and what I quoted, plainly, stated that the similarity is the purpose of fulfilling the law of one. So you are to become Christ-like. A living example of the level that Jesus had reached not Jesus himself.

I'm not offended, I'm worn out with all the dogmatic assumptions.

In your own words:

Your last sentence offends me as most of your posts do.

Look, obvioisly I'm proof that one can have the love for god and Jesus without the dogma of Christianity.

Yes, but that is not proof of something being real. Despite, perhaps, having had experiences which let you see a clearer image of reality, you could still not let go of that set of beliefs. Your new experiences became part of and may have modified those beliefs enough to accommodate the new experiences without having to let them go.

It's not my fault you are not understanding as I'm trying to convey as best as I can.

I understand it but think that you are mistaken.

He is without dimensions and proportions however contains all dimensions and proportions within his own nature.

There are degrees of the same when it comes to cold, hot. Same with good and bad.

Thoughts manifest. See the creation story in the mind not in the world first.

See, I follow all of that and think that I understand how you have come to those conclusions. I believe you have misunderstood the nature of reality. You seem to not be open to that possibility. As you said "you've made your mind up".

edit on 15-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I have not complained about being here. You take something said by me, twist it and then run with it! Why?

I can only go by what you post:

Regarding why I would rather be back home is because here on earth it's very heavy. Heavy on the heart and mind as most people enjoy division whereas I don't.

That to me, that sounds like complaining. You can try to play the semantics game but don't blame others of twisting things.

I just so happen to not want to COME BACK. I happen to believe the Universe is my home and this is not the only place! Open minds understand this as an open mind has the knowledge to KNOW this. It's open and not confined TO THIS WORLD.

I know this as well.

When people die, come back to tell a story " of heaven" they ALL say they feel lighter. They feel the warming rays of love and comfort. Why? Because their burdens of the flesh are GONE.

This is where my understanding veers.

Your misunderstanding of me is not a blame that should be placed in my lap. It's up to you to either TRY to understand in a nice way ( Preferably !! ) or leave me be.

You not realizing that I do understand and that I just have come to a different conclusion is squarely on you.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Oh you know all of that huh? Yet, you still dont see my position within the nature of all things?

I KNOW where Jesus fits in, why dont you?

I'm willing to be a mirror of you. Your relfection will show.

Let's go........

Where am I going wrong with the nature of reality? I don't remember speaking on behalf of the nature of reality! Lol

Never the less, tell me.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Oh you know all of that huh? Yet, you still dont see my position within the nature of all things?

I do see your position but believe it to be wrong. What is so difficult to grasp about that?

I'm sure you do but I believe that it is you accommodating a larger view of reality into your beliefs so you don't have to let them go.

Where am I going wrong with the nature of reality? I don't remember speaking on behalf of the nature of reality! Lol

What was this:

There are degrees of the same when it comes to cold, hot.
Same with good and bad.
Thoughts manifest.
See the creation story in the mind not in the world first.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

I do see your position but believe it to be wrong. What is so difficult to grasp about that?

I'm sure you do but I believe that it is you accommodating a larger view of reality into your beliefs so you don't have to let them go.

What was this:

There are degrees of the same when it comes to cold, hot.
Same with good and bad.
Thoughts manifest.

If you I understood my position you would not ask, " what is this"?

I have never worried about letting go of the old, I can promise ya that. In fact, I didn't mind where I got lead by god as long as it was his truth. He showed it to me, all of it, and continues to do so.

I've offered for you to see it in the light I hold. If you don't want to, fine .

No hard feelings and will see ya around on ATS.

It's that simple and saying it as nice as I can. :-)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I'm interested to know what this means, too.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

I'm interested to know what this means, too.

What does it mean to you?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

If you I understood my position you would not ask, " what is this"?

Sorry but you said you had not addressed the nature of reality and that is an example of you doing just that. It isn't a lack of understanding as I was not seeking clarification.

I have never worried about letting go of the old, I can promise ya that. In fact, I didn't mind where I got lead by god as long as it was his truth. He showed it to me, all of it, and continues to do so.

I'm sure you didn't and that is why you missed the mark.

I've offered for you to see it in the light I hold. If you don't want to, fine.

I have already seen it in the light you hold. I was wrong. Nobody would have been able to convince me back then either.

I wasn't expecting you take your eyes off of the light either, but maybe when others, who may be reading this thread, find themselves before something emanating love and light, they might just remember to question it as well.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join