It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Testament Fairy Tales

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I don't agree. The ego, the many egos (disbelievers/demons) that are a part of us must be killed not controlled, they must be excorcised for us to truly experience our consciousness and acsend. A rich man cannot enter into Heaven, there is no room for these riches in the place we want to reside and reunite with ourselves. You say the 'ego does not fool me', are you sure? Are you sure your spritual ego is not fooling you now? Your ego of greed, lust or pride does influence you in any way? You may be right, I don't know you, but to think that your egos are not controlling or influencing your thoughts or actions is a dangerous way to think. It's definately something to think about, meditate on...
reply to post by Gnobody

I love meditating and jave never met anyone who could " still" their thoughts. You can control them.... But not kill them completely.

Awwww.... Killing your ego is not natural, in my opinion of course.

It's with you for a reason and represents the many yous you have been throughout your rebirths on earth. Your spirit and personality are the same. Controlling your personality with your words and thoughts from outside energies is in my opinion the natural way. You control you, nobody else can. Your path is even controlled, there are many possibilites but if controlled you can control your path. When outside influences come in is where the many possibilities of said path can veer. However, if you maintain control with the light in mind, you are able to have mind over matter.

A rich man does not mean he has an unbalance with his ego and or personality. He has been successful with the material. Does he have success with his spiritual self too? That's the question.

Greed, lust and pride are not from my ego but from the desire of an emotion. This is controlled by the spirit which connects to the you you see like an umbilical cord. It's there to help you but can be darkened when you give in to said desires of your senses or emotion which you call the ego.

Your spirit/ personality/ ego represents the many yous. Without all of them though your spirit is dead.

So control your ego..... Don't try to kill it. Or kill it.... Lol. Just throwing out some ideas.

edit on 15-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Reading about it has got you calling it legion and hoping that Jesus exorcises them. I know that you don't mean it literally but even using the terms sets up limits..

I didn't call them legion, the Gospel did. I understand this 'legion' to be the many egos that are a part of me. I don't just 'hope' that Jesus will kill these egos for me, I know that a lot of hard work, sacrifice and self knowledge will kill them, this needs to be done myself, not Jesus. It will be done when (or if) I reunite with 'Jesus' (incarnate the Christ consciousness).

I was also brought up Christian and can say that the Gospels don't have anything special in them, except for those who can't seem to let go of them..

But this is cleary wrong, I say this because the Gospels have something special for me. I would agree with you if you had said that they don't have anything special in them for you

I think that you answered it yourself, you could spend your whole life going back and forth and not get anywhere. That is because you experience something (step forward) and then check it against the text (step back) to make sure it "makes sense"..

Or, I could keep going back and fourth and learn something new every time. Each time confirming what my experiences are teaching me, confirming that they make sense.

The way that you interpret these experiences is not going to be found in a book written by someone who isn't you. What you are really looking for is something/someone that agrees with your interpretation, even if that interpretation paints you in a bad light because, in the end, it is in agreement with what you want to become or what you want to be true.

Maybe you are right, my 'doubting Thomas' wants confirmation, wants to know I'm on the right path. I admit that I sometimes get scared that I may be wasting my time studying this or that. That I should live life my life exactly how I want to, give in to my egos, feed them and enjoy my hunger for lust, greed and everything inbetween. I'm not saying that I don't give in to my egos, I do every day, I'm just trying to comprehend why...

There are plenty of people that agree with my interpretation, if that's all I wanted I would be in another forum where everything I am talking about is considered fact. I don't know if it is 'fact', I'm asking myself all the time. When I post I am only giving my opinions and belief, and answers to direct questions.

There is very little that I consider I 'Know' because there is very little I have experienced directly. However, the little I have experienced has been written about by other people and I have personally confirmed it by experiencing it. These people have written about other things, so for now, I have to believe that the rest it tru also, but I won't know until I directly experience it....

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnobody

You are truly seeking. Asking and even seeing and or feeling a delivery from which you seek...... and I think it's a wonderful thing. It's a wonderful feeling when you think you KNOW though because then, if you are like me you can then let go, teach others the good news and live your life with the tool of knowing... Or gnosis.

No more do you have to wonder or be on the fence with a decision of whether or not it's " good" or bad in gods eyes.... You just KNOW.

I feel this with all of my being.

It shows through the life I lead and do not need church, nor do I need any religion as I have the one and only knowing of which way I'm going. There is no doubt...... In my mind.

Thinking with god is on another level of degree rather than thinking of god.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
[Hahahaha.... You call it muddy up and I call it cleaning off the dust. So be it.

How can it be cleaning off the dust when you even admitted a few pages back that the story had its own baggage?

I'm not a one to accept anything told. Seeing is believing right?

I wanted to see it for myself, however I admire ones who don't need to see in order to believe.

The evidence has to appear, and so it did. Jesus, in my view is more than real.

He showed me himself not as a being or an illumination but by words of expression.

When one sees him in us and us in him he then realizes we are the all and the one.

I'm worse than you I have to see a being to believe that that being exists. I stood before one such being and felt all the love and light that others claim to have witnessed, but then I stood before it again something changed and the love and light changed. I later became an atheist.

Who Jesus was and is will require one to read up on the incarnations he possesses. Only then will you see him and understand him in a more personal and understanding way. I hope this makes sense, if not I will try again. Lol

You see, I have stood before something transmitting the message that you believe to be the truth. I then came to find out that the message had been my interpretation, guided by my christian beliefs. There is no point in you trying to explain your position. I've already been there.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hi again MamaJ

The more we talk, the less I agree with you, and the below is just my opinion about what we are discussing...

I love meditating and jave never met anyone who could " still" their thoughts. You can control them.... But not kill them completely.

Which why it is so hard to do. To deny yourself, sacrice yourself and die on the cross is something not many of us will achieve.

It's with you for a reason and represents the many yous you have been throughout your rebirths on earth. Your spirit and personality are the same. Controlling your personality with your words and thoughts from outside energies is in my opinion the natural way. You control you, nobody else can. Your path is even controlled, there are many possibilites but if controlled you can control your path. When outside influences come in is where the many possibilities of said path can veer. However, if you maintain control with the light in mind, you are able to have mind over matter.

Your personality and spirit are not the same. Your personality is shaped by your experiences, your upbringing, the way you view life. Do you think your personality would be the same if you were brought up in a war-torn country, faced by death or the threat of death every day. Or if you were born into famine? Would you really feel the same about things and have the personality you have now?

A rich man does not mean he has an unbalance with his ego and or personality. He has been successful with the material. Does he have success with his spiritual self too? That's the question.

So when you read in the Bible about a rich man not entering Heaven, you are thinking a man rich in material wealth can't enter Heaven, or something else?

Greed, lust and pride are not from my ego but from the desire of an emotion. This is controlled by the spirit which connects to the you you see like an umbilical cord. It's there to help you but can be darkened when you give in to said desires of your senses or emotion which you call the ego.

I could not agree less. Desires and emotions are not of the spirit. You think greed, lust, pride etc are from you higher self, the divine. Does you spirit really get jealous, sad or happy? Gets offended or annoyed?

These feelings and emotions all come from the ego and the ego is trying to seperate you from your 'spirit' all the time.

Your spirit/ personality/ ego represents the many yous. Without all of them though your spirit is dead.

So control your ego..... Don't try to kill it. Or kill it.... Lol. Just throwing out some ideas.

So if we do indeed enter a place called Heaven, and we have taken all these emotions, personallities and egos with us, are we still going to argue, debate, lust, offend and war with eachother? Because in my opinion, thats all the ego is good for..

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

[Hahahaha.... You call it muddy up and I call it cleaning off the dust. So be it.

How can it be cleaning off the dust when you even admitted a few pages back that the story had its own baggage?

I'm not a one to accept anything told. Seeing is believing right?

I wanted to see it for myself, however I admire ones who don't need to see in order to believe.

The evidence has to appear, and so it did. Jesus, in my view is more than real.

He showed me himself not as a being or an illumination but by words of expression.

When one sees him in us and us in him he then realizes we are the all and the one.

I'm worse than you I have to see a being to believe that that being exists. I stood before one such being and felt all the love and light that others claim to have witnessed, but then I stood before it again something changed and the love and light changed. I later became an atheist.

Who Jesus was and is will require one to read up on the incarnations he possesses. Only then will you see him and understand him in a more personal and understanding way. I hope this makes sense, if not I will try again. Lol

You see, I have stood before something transmitting the message that you believe to be the truth. I then came to find out that the message had been my interpretation, guided by my christian beliefs. There is no point in you trying to explain your position. I've already been there.

We all have baggage don't we?

Cleaning off the dust came to mind because that's what I did, when I was lead back full circle to it.

The circle is its own power. The snake eating itself comes to mind, the earth, time .... as history repeats itself in a circle. What comes around goes around.

Jesus as hermes creates with words and wisdom. He is also Toth ( thought).

Then Jesus of the bible becomes more. He created astrology, alchemy, and words. His teachings were a part of a secret teaching, so was Jesus with the Essenses. Gnosis is to know and Jesus is seen in a different light with Gnosticism.

Mind is the builder/ creator from which thoughts are manifested and expressed, hence, experience. In science I would call it vibrations. Harmonics and beautiful melodies.

We are building our mind all the " time" so it's important to be aware of words and the stories they tell.

Words are sooooo powerful, aren't they?

This is why Jesus is also called the Word!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Which why it is so hard to do. To deny yourself, sacrice yourself and die on the cross is something not many of us will achieve.
reply to post by Gnobody

Oh. But we do all the time sister! We do!

We all carry crosses, we all have that burden. Remember when Jesus cried out of his burden? He was rejoicing when it was finished and said so.

He is our story of mankind as a collected consciousness. He also symbolizes matter taking hold of his light ( your definition may be ego here, but its broader than the ego... Its your spirit) in a material world so think of all the references there are in the bible regarding light. Look it up if you don't believe me.

He has had many stories but none the entire world was knowing of. Only through his word were we able to know that his story also represents our story because we all struggle and have burdens and his way will set us free, our mind/ soul.

Your soul being your subconscious mind is telling you there are records of all experiences you hold. The all of yous.

This is the judge of you constantly..... Your inner voice or feeling.... Or gut instincts or intuition or remembering. Anytime you have to remember where you put your keys, your subconscious mind tells your material brain where to find them.

Like god, you are projecting the eternal mind in the light..... For all to see and for records kept.

Once the cycle comes around and the snake eats itself the mind is left. Our soul is no longer bounded to the laws of this plane of experience but on a much higher level closer to the light.

Jesus teaches this with his WORDS. The many ways ( words) lead you to the one.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

[I love meditating and jave never met anyone who could " still" their thoughts. You can control them.... But not kill them completely.

So control your ego..... Don't try to kill it. Or kill it....

Further to my earlier reply, every sacred text, or spiritual writing I have read has taught us to remove desire, attachment and emotion. They teach us that to hold on to these only leads to suffering.

Negative emotions aside, can you not see that even the emotion/ego of love even leads to suffering?
Everything or person that you ever 'loved' will at some point be lost which of course leads to pain and suffering.

Wouldn't you like to ultimately be rid of these emotions/egos when you leave this ball of dirt? Maybe even before?

I happen to subscribe to this 'belief' and my limited direct experience and knowledge has comfirmed the teachings regarding the above to be true...however I'm not saying this to convince you or force my truth onto you, I just find it hard to understand why you think that desire, emotion and ego is something we should hold on to or is something divine...

Regards

edit on 15/9/12 by Gnobody because: Additional question!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It's obvious that we have very different ideas of what the spirit is, of what the soul is and what the ego is.

We could debate it for 2000 years, and we will still disagree.

I think the one thing that is true, is that if we all spent as much time working on ourselves, meditating, studying oursleves as well as the myriad of sacred writings as we do debating amongst ourselves, we would probably be enlightened in just one lifetime! lol

A wise man once said;

"There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but once you get there, the view is just the same"

I hope you enjoy the view your path takes you, I hope too that I get to see the view, maybe one day....

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnobody

[I love meditating and jave never met anyone who could " still" their thoughts. You can control them.... But not kill them completely.

So control your ego..... Don't try to kill it. Or kill it....

Further to my earlier reply, every sacred text, or spiritual writing I have read has taught us to remove desire, attachment and emotion. They teach us that to hold on to these only leads to suffering.

Negative emotions aside, can you not see that even the emotion/ego of love even leads to suffering?
Everything or person that you ever 'loved' will at some point be lost which of course leads to pain and suffering.

Wouldn't you like to ultimately be rid of these emotions/egos when you leave this ball of dirt? Maybe even before?

I happen to subscribe to this 'belief' and my limited direct experience and knowledge has comfirmed the teachings regarding the above to be true...however I'm not saying this to convince you or force my truth onto you, I just find it hard to understand why you think that desire, emotion and ego is something we should hold on to or is something divine...

Regards

edit on 15/9/12 by Gnobody because: Additional question!

Emotions allow you to feel all that you sense. A desire that has a hold on the material or effects another is viewed on different degrees of good. The further way, the darker it becomes. The darker it becomes the less you see.

Your ego can be whatever you want it to be..... Not asking you to think like me, just consider what I am saying.

Emotions of love can lead you to the other side of love and become suffering or the opposite of love to me is fear. " Fear not, the lord is always with you".

Again words and the creation of within mans story is a telling one that allows the seeker to see and know what the word is and can overcome. This is within us all we just have to control it with our thoughts. Once the thought is held accountable the action or word it manifests doesn't have a chance to become manifested.

It's all about mind over matter as your body will actually believe what you say.

This is why some say the Bible is the " living word" of god because the power a word holds and the way it's expressed is an experience. Think of all words as eternal as they once expressed become a creation all of their own.

It's expressing through the nature of will itself.

Our total mind is divine but they we allow it to be influenced when not in control of it is dangerous.

Mind altering drugs for example alter your mind and once you let your guard down ( of the mind especially the fighter of the ego) the matter that surrounds you can bring your vibration down. It's science but it's also the word of god found in the bible. Being mindful and aware is helpful to the spirit and soul.

Did you know that light can escape matter but matter cannot escape the light?

We ate bound by matter so our light has got to be as bright as it can be. Once the dark consumes the light we don't know where the light begins or ends because it can get so dark. The lights always there and this is why god says we are never alone. Like I said earlier, even an object like your computer screen emits electromagnetic radiation which is light.

As above so below is literal.

This is had because we are loved and we can see that as above ( the space and planets, sun, particles and so on) so is below. It's all a reflection.

You may not understand this right now, but I can tell you are a true seeker of knowledge and you will know this if you get into the science aspect and ancient history on your spiritual journey.

If I didn't love ya, I would not be as persistent to show you all of gods glory that I see.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

It's obvious that we have very different ideas of what the spirit is, of what the soul is and what the ego is.

We could debate it for 2000 years, and we will still disagree.

I think the one thing that is true, is that if we all spent as much time working on ourselves, meditating, studying oursleves as well as the myriad of sacred writings as we do debating amongst ourselves, we would probably be enlightened in just one lifetime! lol

A wise man once said;

"There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but once you get there, the view is just the same"

I hope you enjoy the view your path takes you, I hope too that I get to see the view, maybe one day....

Gnobody

It wouldn't take that long! Lol

The wise man is right, however one does not have to wait til they die to " view the same". It can be had here on earth. It's an understanding two people can share when they step outside themself and look through other eyes.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hermes was also Thoth and Jesus, along with other entities who share the same soul.

If you research the two and what they contributed to our experience you will find it to see it.

Thoth ( thought) came first and then there was Hermes ( patron of alchemy, theurgy, and astrology) which Hermes is also said to have been a writer who used magic words. No one quite understand why he continue to say thrice ( great) in his writings and Thoth is thrice thrice thrice great or three times great.

I think he used it because how I explained above. Three times was great. He came as thought, then as the word ( understanding) and then the word fulfilled...... Finished as Jesus said right before he takes his last breath on the cross.

They ( thoth and hermes) were said to guide man in the after life.......

So was Jesus....... as he came to fulfill the word which came from thought and was influenced by the matters of alchemy, theurgy, and astrology all of which are in our own day to day experience. He is the giver of life back in the garden and is the word in which becomes manifested from and through us.

This is why I say god is an eternal mind.... An eternal thinker as we are in his image..... His reflection of himself but also in you.... In me..... In us all. All things.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

We all have baggage don't we?

But it is what should be gotten rid of not celebrated.

Cleaning off the dust came to mind because that's what I did, when I was lead back full circle to it.

The circle is its own power. The snake eating itself comes to mind, the earth, time .... as history repeats itself in a circle. What comes around goes around.

Jesus as hermes creates with words and wisdom. He is also Toth ( thought).

Then Jesus of the bible becomes more. He created astrology, alchemy, and words. His teachings were a part of a secret teaching, so was Jesus with the Essenses. Gnosis is to know and Jesus is seen in a different light with Gnosticism.

Mind is the builder/ creator from which thoughts are manifested and expressed, hence, experience. In science I would call it vibrations. Harmonics and beautiful melodies.

We are building our mind all the " time" so it's important to be aware of words and the stories they tell.

Words are sooooo powerful, aren't they?

This is why Jesus is also called the Word!

Sorry, but no. You are waxing poetic about something you have not really lived, but only read about and wished to be true.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I didn't call them legion, the Gospel did. I understand this 'legion' to be the many egos that are a part of me. I don't just 'hope' that Jesus will kill these egos for me, I know that a lot of hard work, sacrifice and self knowledge will kill them, this needs to be done myself, not Jesus. It will be done when (or if) I reunite with 'Jesus' (incarnate the Christ consciousness).

But you are using the terms which sets up the scene in your mind. Part of this scene is you seeing them as something that needs to be killed. All you need to do is silence them. What is odd is that you explained this in another post, yet you don't seem to realize that all that is really needed. It is easier said than done.

But this is cleary wrong, I say this because the Gospels have something special for me. I would agree with you if you had said that they don't have anything special in them for you

By not special I mean that it doesn't really contain any wisdom that could not have been found elsewhere. Also, much of the wisdom it professes isn't true.

Or, I could keep going back and fourth and learn something new every time. Each time confirming what my experiences are teaching me, confirming that they make sense.

You said that you could go an entire lifetime and not understand. They are both your ideas, so make up your mind which is the truth.

Maybe you are right, my 'doubting Thomas' wants confirmation, wants to know I'm on the right path. I admit that I sometimes get scared that I may be wasting my time studying this or that. That I should live life my life exactly how I want to, give in to my egos, feed them and enjoy my hunger for lust, greed and everything in between. I'm not saying that I don't give in to my egos, I do every day, I'm just trying to comprehend why...

There are plenty of people that agree with my interpretation, if that's all I wanted I would be in another forum where everything I am talking about is considered fact. I don't know if it is 'fact', I'm asking myself all the time. When I post I am only giving my opinions and belief, and answers to direct questions.

There is very little that I consider I 'Know' because there is very little I have experienced directly. However, the little I have experienced has been written about by other people and I have personally confirmed it by experiencing it. These people have written about other things, so for now, I have to believe that the rest it tru also, but I won't know until I directly experience it....

It isn't all you want but it is part of what you feel comfortable with. The doubting part, the one that want's to experience and not just be told about things, is what won't let you sit at ease, while everyone pats themselves on the back in those other types of forums and threads.

edit on 15-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hello again daskakik

But you are using the terms which sets up the scene in your mind. Part of this scene is you seeing them as something that needs to be killed. All you need to do is silence them. What is odd is that you explained this in another post, yet you don't seem to realize that all that is really needed. It is easier said than done.

Not sure which post you are referring to, but I don't remember stating that 'all you need is to silence them', I don't beleive this, I think they need to be erased/killed/sacrificed. How long can we silence them for, how long do we ignore them for? They need to die..

You said that you could go an entire lifetime and not understand. They are both your ideas, so make up your mind which is the truth.

Well, they could both true, no? Or do I have to pick one?

I could either go backwards and forwards and never find what I seek or go backwards and fowards learning more each time and eventually find the 'truth'. Only time or many life times will tell!

It isn't all you want but it is part of what you feel comfortable with. The doubting part, the one that want's to experience and not just be told about things, is what won't let you sit at ease, while everyone pats themselves on the back in those other types of forums and threads.

You are absolutely right, the part of me that is uncomfortable is the part of me that wants the 'truth' I want to experience it, to touch it, see it and be it. I'm not happy just being told that this is the way, or that this is the path and you only need to do this or that.

I want to find my own answers and there are certain teachings that tell us this, to find your own way, to look for yourself, look inside not outside. Even though I pay attention to these writings I can only use them as a guide to find the answers myself, these teachings are not the answers, but the answers to the answer.

I have to admit too that I want to believe there is a 'truth', a life after death, a Heaven. Like I have said before, there is very little that I have been able to confirm through direct experience and knowledge, but this little knowledge I have seems to lead to things that I can only believe in at the moment, but have been written about and taught.

I say believe because I feel that belief and faith are different, I can't have faith, true faith in something I have not experienced.

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Not sure which post you are referring to, but I don't remember stating that 'all you need is to silence them', I don't beleive this, I think they need to be erased/killed/sacrificed. How long can we silence them for, how long do we ignore them for? They need to die..

This post where you stated:

It doesn't want to be still or silent, it doesn't want to allow us to experience the divine or higher 'worlds', instead it wants to use us, to be a vehicle of our emotions and egos, it wants to make us doubt, debate, argue and distract us.

Of course, we need our mind and intellect to survive day to day, to live...

You seem to be saying, and I agree, that they are you and they are needed to survive. That is the problem with basing things on a belief that sees things as demons instead of just psychological aspects of the same person.

Well, they could both true, no? Or do I have to pick one?

I could either go backwards and forwards and never find what I seek or go backwards and fowards learning more each time and eventually find the 'truth'. Only time or many life times will tell!

How long have you been going back and forth in this lifetime? How much do you think you have really learned?

You are absolutely right, the part of me that is uncomfortable is the part of me that wants the 'truth' I want to experience it, to touch it, see it and be it. I'm not happy just being told that this is the way, or that this is the path and you only need to do this or that.

I want to find my own answers and there are certain teachings that tell us this, to find your own way, to look for yourself, look inside not outside. Even though I pay attention to these writings I can only use them as a guide to find the answers myself, these teachings are not the answers, but the answers to the answer.

I have to admit too that I want to believe there is a 'truth', a life after death, a Heaven. Like I have said before, there is very little that I have been able to confirm through direct experience and knowledge, but this little knowledge I have seems to lead to things that I can only believe in at the moment, but have been written about and taught.

Maybe that part of you is tired of you going back and forth to the texts and sees you wasting yet another lifetime. The problem with texts is that they don't show you the truth and they don't really show you how to get to it, they just describe it and maybe a way to it that worked for someone else.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

This post where you stated:

It doesn't want to be still or silent, it doesn't want to allow us to experience the divine or higher 'worlds', instead it wants to use us, to be a vehicle of our emotions and egos, it wants to make us doubt, debate, argue and distract us.

Of course, we need our mind and intellect to survive day to day, to live...

I see the post you are referring to, but where does it say that all is needed is to silence the egos? I was talking about the mind not wanting to be silent and that the mind is used by our egos to influence us.

You seem to be saying, and I agree, that they are you and they are needed to survive. That is the problem with basing things on a belief that sees things as demons instead of just psychological aspects of the same person.

I am just using the word 'demons' as this is the word I believe that the Bible uses to describe egos.
I also believe the Koran uses the word 'disbelievers' and that Buddhism uses the term 'psychological aggregates' or 'defects'. I see all these terms as one, describing our egos.

Maybe that part of you is tired of you going back and forth to the texts and sees you wasting yet another lifetime.

Yes, part of me is tired of trying to make sense of it all. However, a bigger or stronger part of me keeps pulling me back, telling me to keep looking, searching and reminding me of the things I have directly experienced and learned.

The problem with texts is that they don't show you the truth and they don't really show you how to get to it, they just describe it and maybe a way to it that worked for someone else.

Maybe you are right in part when you say they don't show us the truth. However, I feel that they are pointing or guiding us to the truth (to find it ourselves, inside ourselves) instead of laying it out step by step and exposing it, maybe there is a reason for this, maybe not.

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I see the post you are referring to, but where does it say that all is needed is to silence the egos? I was talking about the mind not wanting to be silent and that the mind is used by our egos to influence us.

The egos are part of the mind which makes them part of you.

I am just using the word 'demons' as this is the word I believe that the Bible uses to describe egos.
I also believe the Koran uses the word 'disbelievers' and that Buddhism uses the term 'psychological aggregates' or 'defects'. I see all these terms as one, describing our egos.

But, by using the word demon it makes it easy to see them as something that needs to be destroyed. That isn't needed and actually detrimental to day to day life.

Yes, part of me is tired of trying to make sense of it all. However, a bigger or stronger part of me keeps pulling me back, telling me to keep looking, searching and reminding me of the things I have directly experienced and learned.

You lost me. Is the stronger part pulling you back to the texts or to experiencing?

Maybe you are right in part when you say they don't show us the truth. However, I feel that they are pointing or guiding us to the truth (to find it ourselves, inside ourselves) instead of laying it out step by step and exposing it, maybe there is a reason for this, maybe not.

The reason is that the truth must be experienced. You seem to have already found this out. That is why I said in a previous post that you are ready to put aside the Gospels or any other texts.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

How long have you been going back and forth in this lifetime? How much do you think you have really learned?

I'm in my mid 30's and have been going backwards and forwards since I can remember, probably since I could read properly. Intellectually, I have learned a lot, as anybody who takes the time to read anything would do.

What I have learned in the way of Gnosis, what knowledge I have directly and personally experienced first hand?

I would have to say that it in what seems like the grand scheme of things, very little.

However, even though it seems little (in the grand scheme of things) I know enough to know that certain 'truths' exist. I know the following;

That there is a higher self that we all posess, that there are other worlds (above and below).
That we have egos that are of our own making and that these egos can manifest, can be seen, observed, confronted and defeated in these other worlds.
That there is a higher consciousness/energy that is superior to our higher selves, and this superior consciousness tries to teach us in many ways.

I know that meditation with prayer is the way to experience our true self and where knowledge can be found.
I know that knowledge can be also found in these other worlds.
I know that there is a law of karma, and a law of attraction.
I know that we are tested and that I have been tested.

The above I know and have true faith in, the rest I strongly believe in and continue to learn about and try to confirm.

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

But, by using the word demon it makes it easy to see them as something that needs to be destroyed. That isn't needed and actually detrimental to day to day life.

But with every ego that is destroyed, you are making way for your higher consciousness, this consciousness is far superior to any ego or emotion, you can function day to day with this consciousness.

You lost me. Is the stronger part pulling you back to the texts or to experiencing?

To both. I may experience something but it doesn't mean that I comprehend that expereince. The Gospels or a particular text can help me understand what it is I have been taught or shown.

The reason is that the truth must be experienced. You seem to have already found this out. That is why I said in a previous post that you are ready to put aside the Gospels or any other texts.

As I have said, just because I experience it, doesn't mean I comprehend it. I believe that certain texts including the Gospels have been written by Initiates that have travelled much further along the path than I have and have enlightened themselves to a much higher level, what I experience has been experienced before by these people before me, they can give me clues, point me in the right direction, help me understand what I have experienced and what it means.

Gnobody

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join