It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Testament Fairy Tales

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by MamaJ

I have always disliked the concept of the Eucharist, in fact, I find it repulsive. But after learning of the Jewish wars, the siege of Jerusalem, a history of which I was sadly and woefully ignorant of, and the story of "Cannibal Mary," I am further disgusted.

I honestly hope that Atwill's theory in wrong. Because if it is correct it reveals an epic glee for the dehumanization of entire populations of simple, humble people just trying to live a meaningful existence in peace, by the powers that be. I don't want to believe that kind of evil can perpetuate, as it must have, if his theory is correct.

Personally, I don't believe in the divinity of Jesus. I don't believe in the virgin birth, the resurrection or that Jesus died to cleanse our sins from us. I believe that there are reasonable explanations for the miracles Jesus supposedly performed.

I do think that the story of Jesus had been manipulated and his words and message twisted, in a quest for power and control, and that is evil in itself. But to believe that the entire story and message of Jesus and Christianity is a sick satire of things held sacred and the religion of a suffering people, trapped, tortured and exterminated would cause me to lose all faith in humanity.

I believe that Jesus was an enlightened fellow, with great compassion and a talent for reaching directly into the minds and souls of those he met. I believe that he was a self determined spiritual being who chose to come to earth when he did. And, I believe that he taught about self determined reincarnation, and how to free the soul from the "karmic wheel."

Jesus was divine. We are all divine in our own right. Man is actually pretty special creation. We actually helped out!

The siege of Jeruselam happened, is happening now, and will until all of gods children are safe and back with him, living life. He is our father and we are kids in spirit. We are learning....

You can't have the old without the new testament. Every word pretty much has an opposite and so do we, which will we choose? Again, it's a no brainer!

Jesus died so that we may have life. We came to this earth when it was without form. When God said Let us make man in our image..... We were there/ some here.

Our spirit was alive and well. We didn't have a body like we HAVE to have here on Earth.

We are much free-er In spirit but the matter/ gravity here on earth keeps us magnetized to the earth while we incarnate to complete a goal for the unity of human/ spirit. They are like opposites. We have a goal set... Many goals sometimes, and if we are off, we are sure to be sinning because sin means " to miss the mark... Or.... "target" and that is exactly what we do when we miss our goal ( target) is to " sin".

Jesus message is out here that's why he says to seek. We seek outside the Bible and we can still come back to it with a whole new LIGHT!

He tells us EXACTLY what to do. It's amazing when you see this! I'm telling you!!!! :-)

Your thoughts on who Jesus is to you is exactly spot on.

Atwills theory is not correct at all. He is seeing some things but missing the whole TARGET! He has the will? Or does he have the will for the material, the matter, the money of being an author and being spoken about like he even has a clue?

The people ( the federal reserve, bankers) who are sooooo materialistic will want to hold on when they pass. They will want to hold on to the things..... The things that have been driving them to be ill willed toward their fellow man.

It happened in Jesus day and his happening in our day!!! We see this in the Bible. That's why it's ALIVE and the Inspired Word of God!!!! It ( the story of Jesus and all others including US ) lives through ALL OF US!

It's our story!

edit on 10-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MamaJ

Is there anything I say you actually agree with?

Depends. Is there only one right answer to that question?

I agree with karma, but not with Jesus being the one and only salvation. He's one way to do it, yes...but not the only way.
edit on 10-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)
[/

There are many ways that will lead you to the one way.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Jesus was divine.

"Was"? Did he die and fail to resurrect....again?

I know of at least two more people that are divine. Bette Midler and

The Other Divine Miss M

edit on 11-9-2012 by StiffArmed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by StiffArmed
reply to post by MamaJ

Jesus was divine.

"Was"? Did he die and fail to resurrect....again?

I know of at least two more people that are divine. Bette Midler and

The Other Divine Miss M

edit on 11-9-2012 by StiffArmed because: (no reason given)

Oh you are a real funny guy, huh? Lol

Was, is and will always be.. Just as me and you.

Is that better?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Okay, then...if Jesus rose again after sacrificing himself, that doesn't make it much of a sacrifice, does it? If his death earned the forgiveness of our sins, shouldn't his resurrection have reneged on that deal? That's cheating...no wonder we're still in the doghouse.

edit on 11-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I'm sorry, but where exactly is your response in that post? Just for the clarification of others, I mean.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Okay, then...if Jesus rose again after sacrificing himself, that doesn't make it much of a sacrifice, does it? If his death earned the forgiveness of our sins, shouldn't his resurrection have reneged on that deal? That's cheating...no wonder we're still in the doghouse.

He rose again to show his people We do not die in spirit, only the flesh dies.

He died because it was a law for him to do so as he represents Adam ( mankind). It was planned out by us before the foundations of the earth was formed.

It earned us LIFE in peace and harmony. Can't imagine that can ya? Lol

We are still in the doghouse because man in general has not awoken in this life on earth to who he is and where he is going in the story of the living word.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

I'm sorry, but where exactly is your response in that post? Just for the clarification of others, I mean.

What post are you talking about??? Oh, sure it's for others..... Not for you, of course. .??

Are you referring to where I said to you that there ARE MANY WAYS THAT LEAD TO THE ONE WAY?

There is one road you want to be on, I can't make that any clearer to you.

If you like and enjoy the way things are on earth then you fight to stay here, I'm fighting to go back home and STAY there, or at least not have to come back here.

The loss of life experienced is unbearable for some of us. I want no death, and I want a life I can enjoy that's peaceful. This is not had here on earth and it's only going to get worse.
edit on 11-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

That wasn't the deal. He had to die to earn forgiveness for our sins. If he rose again, that's cheating. If I give you five bucks for a cup of coffee, then suddenly the five bucks vanish and reappear in my pocket, you didn't really get paid, did you? I got a free cup of coffee, and you got ripped off.

Same principle applies here. And "oh, it's God...he works in mysterious ways" doesn't count as an argument.

What peace and harmony? Why do you think Earth has turned into hell? Because Jesus reneged on the deal! He cheated, and this is the punishment!

What post are you talking about??? Oh, sure it's for others..... Not for you, of course. .??

Are you referring to where is said to you that there ARE MANY WAYS TNAT LEAD TO THE ONE WAY?

I'm talking about the post where your response was absorbed into my quoted post. You need to double check your coding skills on here.

As for one road I want to be on...I don't like being told how I must act to be nice. There are many ways to be kind, and many ways to be cruel. There isn't just one right path, just like there isn't just one way to express love. If you insist that roses and candy are the only way to win a woman's heart, I'd disagree with that too. If you insist that church is the only place to get married, I'd still disagree. If you insist that the way to show reverence is to drop to my knees and apologize for being born the way I am, then offer my soul and eternal servitude for whatever happiness your "God" can spare, I will most vehemently challenge that school of thought.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You can't have the old without the new testament. Every word pretty much has an opposite and so do we, which will we choose? Again, it's a no brainer!

Are you implying that we get to choose between the NT and the OT? That makes no sense at all.

It's our story!

Our story has a worse plot than 50 Shades of Gray...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

That wasn't the deal. He had to die to earn forgiveness for our sins. If he rose again, that's cheating. If I give you five bucks for a cup of coffee, then suddenly the five bucks vanish and reappear in my pocket, you didn't really get paid, did you? I got a free cup of coffee, and you got ripped off.

YES IT WAS THE DEAL!!! What sins???

Same principle applies here. And "oh, it's God...he works in mysterious ways" doesn't count as an argument.

HIS WORKS ARE NOT OURS..... DUH!!!! If they were we would not be here.

What peace and harmony? Why do you think Earth has turned into hell? Because Jesus reneged on the deal! He cheated, and this is the punishment!

Earth is whatever you make it right? Until of course you become homeless, kids die, mom dies, and you are LEFT BEHIND or eating out of a garbage can!!

Are you referring to where is said to you that there ARE MANY WAYS TNAT LEAD TO THE ONE WAY?

I'm talking about the post where your response was absorbed into my quoted post. You need to double check your coding skills on here.

You need to read, listen, and try at least to understand THE STORY OF MANKIND!!

As for one road I want to be on...I don't like being told how I must act to be nice. There are many ways to be kind, and many ways to be cruel. There isn't just one right path, just like there isn't just one way to express love. If you insist that roses and candy are the only way to win a woman's heart, I'd disagree with that too. If you insist that church is the only place to get married, I'd still disagree. If you insist that the way to show reverence is to drop to my knees and apologize for being born the way I am, then offer my soul and eternal servitude for whatever happiness your "God" can spare, I will most vehemently challenge that school of thought.

I know you don't like being told anything. You want to be right. You want to ask questions all the while your mind is made up?? Really??

There is one path and eventually you will find it. There are many ways my friend but they all lead to the same source. It's pretty simple but you complicate the simple. That is called hard headed ness! Lol

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Are you implying that we get to choose between the NT and the OT? That makes no sense at all.

It's our story!

Our story has a worse plot than 50 Shades of Gray...

No.... Not implying that at all but it doesnt surprise me thats what you obtained. Lol

Your story is being created just as the ones in the Bible.... Just as mine.... Just as your neighbor!

You choose.

Shades of grey? Lol oh..... I thought life was grand here on earth??

You confuse yourself.... I'm done going back and forth with ya. Love ya, but your head is too strong to " get it". We have been in way too many threads for you to continuously dismiss every single word I say.

You be right, don't be teachable!! It's on you... Lol..... Not me.

Understanding the world, our story, our self.... It's important to me. Obvioisly it's not to you, when or if it becomes important to you ask me anything, until then please don't bother.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
If you like and enjoy the way things are on earth then you fight to stay here, I'm fighting to go back home and STAY there, or at least not have to come back here.

The loss of life experienced is unbearable for some of us. I want no death, and I want a life I can enjoy that's peaceful. This is not had here on earth and it's only going to get worse.

This is a contradiction. What did Jesus die for?

Why would you have to fight? I was under the impression that he had fought your battles for you.

edit on 11-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by MamaJ

This is a contradiction. What did Jesus die for?

Why would you have to fight? I was under the impression that he had fought your battles for you.

edit on 11-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

We fight our own battles. Keyword is WE!! Re read the creation story and try to " get it".

Most don't see it.....

An understanding is needed before a two way converstaion can be had.

Here is a seed. www.hermetics.org...
edit on 12-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Still doesn't resolve the question of why you always bring up Jesus, why he died and why you are so anxious to go THERE and never come back HERE.

You're right about understanding but your understanding can be wrong? You have to be open to that possibility to see how you contradict yourself.

edit on 12-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by MamaJ

Still doesn't resolve the question of why you always bring up Jesus, why he died and why you are so anxious to go THERE and never come back HERE.

You're right about understanding but your understanding can be wrong? You have to be open to that possibility to see how you contradict yourself.

edit on 12-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

And you have to be open to the possibility I'm right. Right?

Have you read about what it is I believe and WHY I believe it?

Whenever you are ready to truly learn HOW the Word of God is alive... A living Word, just let me know.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Ok so now read the Gnostic Writings and get more confused. But there are many things in Heaven and Earth your Science has yet to understand.

Organized Religion of any thread is scary and controlling

But Don't Worry be happy is a good thing. Seeing dead people why not ?

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join