It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Courts of Hell

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 1king2rulethemall

1. Before I comment, may I ask what your definition of the ' Trinitarian belief ' is?

You probably have a fake definition made up by your cult and handed to you to accept, but it is useless and the lie of Satan, and not what Christians define the trinity as.
Sorry that your circumstances had you fall into this false religion but you have the opportunity to make yourself right with God by accepting the teachings of the Apostolic Church.
The trinity as has always been accepted in orthodox Christianity is of three distinct persons of the godhead who are each eternal.
Your damnable heresy will probably tell you it is really just one person who changes himself from time to time to suite current circumstances. Do not believe it and flee Babylon because it has fallen and do not share in its punishments.

IT IS IN THE NT! IT IS THE CRUCIFIXION OF JESUS CHRIST THAT IS THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD FOR OUR SINS!!!! JESUS DIED FOR US - IN OUR PLACE!!!!
Let me know when you find that.
I'm sure your cult has you convinced that it does, but that is the definition of a cult, it's the brainwashing.
I hope you find the true religion, Christianity, some day.
As for the rest of your postings, it's just a lot of verses that can be interpreted different ways and you present no actual argument for me to refute.
edit on 11-10-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

What is dangerous is believing you can't possibly overcome your sinning.
reply to post by jmdewey60

What is dangerous is believing that you can! The Bible says that without Jesus our sins are not overcome. If Jesus didn't die on the cross in our place, then we would still be under the penalty of sin and doomed.

The Bible says that we are sinners "in the womb". We are born into sin because of Adam. We are sinners by nature and by choice. It is by the acceptance of Jesus Christ as our Saviour, and by the faithful obedience to the Holy Spirit that it is made possible to choose to overcome sinning. Yet that doesn't exclude the sins that we commit unknowingly.
Sin is both co-mission AND OMISSION! We sin even when we aren't aware that we are. This is a result of the sin imputed to us through Adam.

I don't think so, and even if it did, you have taken it out of context to mean something completely different.

Please provide Biblical proof to support this statement.

Is this what is meant by you saying you can't understand the NT without the OT?

No. What I am saying is that without the COMPLETE scriptures you have a very distorted and incomplete and corrupted viewpoint of who Jesus Christ really is, and why He came to earth.
Without the Old Testament there would be no record of;

History
Creation
The Fall of Man
Sin Defined
Our Need for a Saviour
The Nature of God
Examples and Warnings
Principles for Godly Living

Therefore the crucifixion of Jesus would be just that of any other man.
His burial would hold no significance.
His resurrection would be unbelievable.
His ascension a fanciful myth.

Revelation is a book full of visions of symbols so this has to be understood as being said in a highly metaphorical way.

The reason that you can't understand the book of Revelation is because you need to know the Old Testament.
The vast majority of 'symbols and visions' are explained, established and confirmed in the OT. Without a sound knowledge of these insights, then Revelation becomes 'highly metaphorical'

This is another simple example of how, firstly, the Old testament is revealed in the New, and the New is concealed in the Old.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

it's just a lot of verses that can be interpreted different ways and you present no actual argument for me to refute.

How can you interpret this verse any other way?

"I and My Father are one.”

Please, do share your interpretation of this verse and enlighten me.

Then, please interpret this verse for me;

John 8:58 - Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

I would love to understand what this verse means to you.

Then please explain;

Titus 2:13 - looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ

Could you then justify to me how you deliberately ignore or refute the very words of Jesus Christ Himself when you claim to be the 'real Christian' and I heretical?

As for the rest of your postings, it's just a lot of verses that can be interpreted different ways and you present no actual argument for me to refute.

You still have completely failed to provide any Biblical proof whatsoever to support anything that you say.
To claim that "As for the rest of your postings, it's just a lot of verses that can be interpreted different ways..."
is a weak, generic, defenseless statement thrown out to avoid the fact that you CAN NOT BACK UP YOUR OPINIONS WITH ANY SOUND DOCTRINE WHATSOEVER!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You seem to be under some sort of cult indoctrination induced delusion that all Christianity believes like you, that there is no trinity and God and Jesus are the same person.

Please refer to the provided link - it explains exactly what I believe, and what basic (TRUE) Christianity believes.

What Christians Should Believe

but I do not take this....and I would offer....apparently happened....and I assume.....So I don't see how.....I guess.....I'm sure that already happened,....could have been.....conceivably......apparently....I don't think....I naturally assumed....probably.....which in my thinking.....Probably.....I don't think so.....

Since page 8 of this thread, in response to me, you have given much of your own "opinion" and conjecture, but you have actually provided NO SCRIPTURAL EVIDENCE AT ALL to support any of your claims, statements, or theories. You have not provided 1 verse from the bible as a foundation for any of your discussion.
You argue AGAINST the basic Christian doctrine - even to the point of opposing what Jesus Himself said.
Yet you accuse me of..... "You need to face reality, that you belong to a cult and are far away from real Christianity and are among those who are bound for hell."

Romans 16:17
I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them.
1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2 Peter 2:1-3
But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.
1 John 4: 2-3
By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.
Matthew 7:15-20
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. ...
1 Timothy 4:1-5
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared,
1 Timothy 6:20-21
O Timothy, guard the deposit entrusted to you. Avoid the irreverent babble and contradictions of what is falsely called “knowledge,” for by professing it some have swerved from the faith. Grace be with you.
2 John 1:7-11
For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist. Watch yourselves, so that you may not lose what we have worked for, but may win a full reward. Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.
2 Timothy 4:3
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,
Colossians 2:8
See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.
Acts 20:29
I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock;
John 8:44
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Remember that Jesus says that we will be judged by our own words.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

What is dangerous is believing that you can! The Bible says that without Jesus our sins are not overcome. If Jesus didn't die on the cross in our place, then we would still be under the penalty of sin and doomed.
All you are doing is parroting your cult programming.
You need to give yourself a holiday from your cult so your mind can clear without all those people at your meetings patting you on the back and telling you what a good man you are for drinking the Kool-Aid.

The Bible says that we are sinners "in the womb".
"The Bible says" what? Have you ever looked that up and read it in context? Since you don't even quote it correctly, I have to assume the answer is, No.

We are born into sin because of Adam.
More parroting your cult programming.

This is a result of the sin imputed to us through Adam.
ditto

Please provide Biblical proof to support this statement.
"this statement" is me saying, "I don't think so, and even if it did, you have taken it out of context to mean something completely different. "
This was a reply to your, "The Bible states in the book of Revelation that "none are worthy, not one".
Either Revelation says that, or not, and if it does, are you interpreting it correctly?
Upon checking, it seems you are quoting a slogan maybe made up by your cult, which is a twisted version of ". . . no one was found who was worthy to open the scroll or to look into it." which is not related to our state of sinfulness, sorry, so just another example of your cult programming to think that your cult slogans are actual Bible verses.

. . . without the COMPLETE scriptures you have a very distorted and incomplete and corrupted viewpoint of who Jesus Christ really is
None of those things listed have anything to do with who Jesus is. Do you think no one could figure out that there is evil in the world without the OT?

The reason that you can't understand the book of Revelation is because you need to know the Old Testament.
I never said I don't know the OT. I was saying the OT tells us very little about Jesus coming and almost nothing about what he would be like as a person.

The vast majority of 'symbols and visions' are explained, established and confirmed in the OT. Without a sound knowledge of these insights, then Revelation becomes 'highly metaphorical'
Knowing where some of the language in Revelation comes from does not change the metaphorical nature of the writing.

This is another simple example of how, firstly, the Old testament is revealed in the New, and the New is concealed in the Old.
I would say that is not true, other than there is language in the OT that is carried into the NT. You can not take the NT backwards to interpret the OT. To think so is not based on good scholarship and is another example of something that only works in your cult's imaginary world.

edit on 11-10-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

"I and My Father are one.”
One in purpose. What you need to do is to learn how to read the Bible in Greek and you can see how the words are used in different ways that are not noticed when reading the English translation. If the writer of John meant to say that they were the same person he would have worded it differently than the way we find it in the text.
So can you do that for me? Look up on Google or something, Greek, and work on it every day and the more you study it, the better you get at it. Then I think that will help you to see the fallacy that your cult indulges itself in, thanks to the ignorance of its members. So the cure for being a cult member is education, and the more you have an exchange with me, the closer you will be to being free from your cult.

John 8:58 - Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
The angel of Sinai who spoke to Moses, when asked what to tell the people by whose authority he was speaking, told Moses the I Am said so. This angel said he was in the past the same person who represented God to his ancestors by different names, but now he should just be referred to as the I Am.
Jesus is now the superior representative of God and so assumes that title previously used by the angel of Sinai. The New Testament tells us that the old covenant was administered by angels and now we have a superior administration by God's son himself.

Titus 2:13 - looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ
It should be rather obvious what is meant here, that the hope is of the appearing of God's glory, where that is a thing itself, and or hope, Jesus our savior, as the essential person to preside over this status of "God's great glory".

. . . you claim to be the 'real Christian' and I heretical?
You are promoting a theory on the nature of God that is considered to be heretical in that it does not conform with the recognized orthodox view on the Trinity.

You still have completely failed to provide any Biblical proof whatsoever to support anything that you say.
To claim that "As for the rest of your postings, it's just a lot of verses that can be interpreted different ways..."
is a weak, generic, defenseless statement thrown out to avoid the fact that you CAN NOT BACK UP YOUR OPINIONS WITH ANY SOUND DOCTRINE WHATSOEVER!
"My opinions" happen to not my own, or ones peculiar to a particular cult, but what is universal in the historic version of Christianity. What you are supporting is an innovation that operates as a virtual cult that spreads itself across denominational lines to subvert Christianity by introducing gross errors to support the Synagogue of Satan.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

You argue AGAINST the basic Christian doctrine . . .
So is this the name of your cult, basic (TRUE) Christianity?
Now you go on in your cult-induced delusionary state to propose that your cult represents all true Christianity and that anyone who disagrees with your cult is causing division in the church.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Please refer to the provided link - it explains exactly what I believe, and what basic (TRUE) Christianity believes.

What Christians Should Believe
ꜛYou
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ꜜ Me
but I do not take this....and I would offer....apparently happened....and I assume.....So I don't see how.....I guess.....I'm sure that already happened,....could have been.....conceivably......apparently....I don't think....I naturally assumed....probably.....which in my thinking.....Probably.....I don't think so.....
What you quoted me as saying represents the output of a free thinker.
What I am quoting from you, I would submit looks like the output of someone who belongs to a cult.
If you can link to a web site and find exactly what everything is that you believe in, I think that indicates a problem and a lack of thinking for yourself. Reminds me of the seed the sower threw out and some fell upon rocky ground and started to grow but could not take root, and when it got hot died.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

"The Bible says" what? Have you ever looked that up and read it in context? Since you don't even quote it correctly, I have to assume the answer is, No.

My apologies for not quoting it word for word. I will amend my error now;

Psalm 51:5 Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

Psalm 58:3 Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward and speak lies.

I may not quote it word for word (as I am unable to memorize every word written in the Scriptures) - but you still haven't quoted it at all. Doesn't Jesus say something about planks in peoples eye?

Do you think no one could figure out that there is evil in the world without the OT?

Actually, that is exactly right. The Scriptures state that the purpose of the Law (the Old Testament) was to reveal sin. So without the revelation of sin, we would not know about sin at all.
In the original beginnings, Adam and eve knew no sin and there was no law. Then GOD decreed 1 law, "Thou shalt not eat of the fruit of tree of knowledge...." and sin was revealed because the law was introduced.

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound.

I was saying the OT tells us very little about Jesus coming

There are over 300 prophecies about the coming of the Messiah (Jesus). In the link provided it discusses 68 that were fulfilled exactly by Jesus Christ.

Prophecies fulfilled by Jesus Christ

"One analysis of the Biblical Text has catalogued 8,362 predictive verses which include 1,817 specific predictions on 737 separate matters. Over 300 of these specify, with astonishing precision - centuries in advance - the details of His (Jesus Christ) genealogy, His birth, His ministry, and His sacrificial death....."
Chuck Missler - Cosmic Codes.

Please look at the provided links;

Jesus in the Old Testament

The Old Testament

If the writer of John meant to say that they were the same person he would have worded it differently than the way we find it in the text.

I am amazed that you presume to know how the author would have wanted to word his writings 1900 (approx) years ago!

"IT IS IN THE NT! IT IS THE CRUCIFIXION OF JESUS CHRIST THAT IS THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD FOR OUR SINS!!!! JESUS DIED FOR US - IN OUR PLACE!!!!"

Let me know when you find that.

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins:
Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, [I say], whether [they be] things in earth, or things in heaven.
2Cr 5:15 And [that] he died for all,
2Cr 5:18 And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Cr 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
1Jo 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.
1Jo 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son [to be] the Saviour of the world.
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Rom 5:11 And not only [so], but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

To list a few. But I am sure that I have misinterpreted all of these verses as well!

Let me ask you this. If people can get to heaven "by stopping their sinning" as you have previously posted, why then did Jesus have to die? If people could do it themselves, why the need for the sacrificial murder of Jesus?
You are denying the work and achievement of the cross!
Please explain to me the meaning of Jesus' words, " It is finished." if we then have to ' work ' for our salvation.
The 'good works' that the gospel speaks about are the fruits of the spirit - not mans good deeds.
The Bible says that mans righteousness " is that of filthy rags

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

ditto

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
Rom 5:15 But not as the offence, so also [is] the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, [which is] by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
Rom 5:16 And not as [it was] by one that sinned, [so is] the gift: for the judgment [was] by one to condemnation, but the free gift [is] of many offences unto justification.
Rom 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life.
Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
Rom 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Are you again going to deny what the Scriptures tell us?

What you quoted me as saying represents the output of a free thinker.

What I am quoting from you is a false gospel.

Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

2 Corinthians 11:4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

"My opinions" happen to not my own,

Yes, they are your own as they do not line up with Scripture. If your 'opinions' do agree with what the Scriptures say, then provide Biblical support to your comments. As of yet you have not only failed to do so, but are REFUSING to do so.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

If you can't or won't use Scripture to explain the gospel, then you are not speaking the words of GOD.

My last point that I am going to make is this;

The fundamental lesson of the entire Scriptures is love.
Jesus says that the two greatest commandments are;
1. Love GOD with all your heart, mind and soul
2. Love your neighbour as you love yourself
Paul states that if you have not love, then you have nothing. Jesus says that without love you are not His disciple.
In none of your comments have you displayed any love or compassion at all. You have been harsh, aggressive, hurtful and hateful. You have been an accuser throughout your entire posts.
Who do the Scriptures say is the accuser?

Remember, Jesus says that He will judge us by our own words.

I no longer have the energy or desire to stay in this thread. Thank you for the chat.

GOD Bless you.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
good works or living a good life won't get you into heaven. The only way is by accepting Christs work he did for you at the cross. Accepting his salvation, inviting him into your life and allowing all your evil to be covered by his blood sacrifice. If you think the bible says "being good means you go to heaven" then you are savior mistaken. You can never been good enough. It doesn't work that way. You become good enough once you accept Jesus. that's the only way to avoid hell.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

good works or living a good life won't get you into heaven.

Have you ever known someone who fits this description?
Think real hard, is there anyone you have known who did such wonderful things and acted so perfectly that it was impossible to imagine this person ever having done anything wrong in their life?
Now see if you can imagine God throwing that person into hell forever.
Is this really what you think of God?
It is not what Jesus thought of Him.
edit on 12-10-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Read the following .. very important !

Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another (John 13:34).

But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you (Luke 6:27-28).

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse (Romans 12:14).

We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it (1 Corinthians 4:12).

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good (Romans 12:17-21).

Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing (1 Peter 3:9).

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing in him to make him stumble (1 John 2:9-10).

Unconditional Love is the ultimate power of the Universe

even all the hate in the world cannot defeat such pure power
edit on 10/12/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Psalm 51:5 Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

This sounds like a sort of excuse, that certainly I must have been bad from birth and that was why I sinned, so just correct that flaw in me, Oh God, and I will be really great in the future.
When you read the whole thing in context, it sounds nothing like the cult slogan version you go around with in your head.

Doesn't Jesus say something about planks in peoples eye?
Yes but it was intended as something the hearer should ponder but not to throw at people in condemnation, which defeats the purpose.

So without the revelation of sin, we would not know about sin at all.
Do you understand that Paul was a rhetorician? You act like you are in some sort of bubble. The Greeks had a very well defined sense of sin.

There are over 300 prophecies about the coming of the Messiah (Jesus). In the link provided it discusses 68 that were fulfilled exactly by Jesus Christ.
OK, let's look at one of those.

For dogs have surrounded me; A band of evildoers has encompassed me; They pierced my hands and my feet. (Psalm 22:16)

An analogy between "a band of evildoers" and dogs, where the dog part carries over into the latter part in that they are biting at his hands and feet, piercing them.
This isn't a "prophecy" since Jesus didn't "fulfill" it by being bitten by dogs.The point is, this is not a foretelling of Jesus, but something after the fact that can be looked at to where it may appear superficially to be something that did come about, that Jesus had nails put through his hands and feet. There was no one before Jesus lived who sat there and thought there would be a Messiah who comes and will have holes punched through those body parts.

I am amazed that you presume to know how the author would have wanted to word his writings 1900 (approx) years ago!
Seriously, this little cultish bubble you live in is not doing you any good. I hope you realize there is a tremendous amount of good scholarly work happening on an academic level in the study of the Bible and you should attempt to expose yourself to some of it rather than feeding yourself on the fodder your cult hands you to keep you in the world the inventor of your cult lived in two hundred years ago.

To list a few. But I am sure that I have misinterpreted all of these verses as well!
None of which says Jesus died in our place. That is just a cult slogan repeated enough times to where you imagine it says that but can't quite put your finger on it.

The Bible says that mans righteousness " is that of filthy rags
Here we go again with "the Bible says". Did you ever look up the verse and read it in context. Your cult promotes this idea that there is no such thing as righteousness, but that very verse you are citing proves it wrong, if you ever were to go beyond the cult slogan and actually read the Bible.
The character in this passage is saying he is righteous but it does him no good because even though he leads the people by example as the priest, the people who are supposed to be following that righteous example do not follow it like they should, doing things like making offerings on their own local altars rather than bringing them to the temple, and so he is personally made to suffer the punishment that is the result of those people, to be carried off in captivity to Babylon.
And again the answer to my own question is obviously, No, considering you can't even quote it properly. You do a good job of parroting the slogan, though. Something your fellow members will pat you on the back for at your next cult meeting, but too bad it is true what Jesus said, that you have your reward now.
edit on 12-10-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

ditto

This doesn't really support those claims. Sin is imputed after we sin, not before.
There is a pretty good argument made that Paul went along with the rabbis of his era, that there was an evil inclination that can be nurtured to where the person will sin more and in a worse way.
He seems to be taking that up in the passage you are quoting, and giving the opposing force which is grace, something that now exists thanks to the righteousness of Jesus, allowing it to be made available freely, to enable people to counter the evil inclination that before abounded.
But this idea of yours, doubtless picked up through your cult, that there is this sinfulness "imputed" without regards to our actual behavior, seems to be refuted by the very text that you quote.
Where is the impediment of righteousness spelled out here? It isn't. and it describes quite the opposite.

What I am quoting from you is a false gospel.
In my Gospel Jesus says, "Go and sin no more." What does your Gospel say?

If you can't or won't use Scripture to explain the gospel, then you are not speaking the words of GOD.
You quote a lot of verses without explaining anything. Seeing how I am on this forum, I am obviously on the internet and have access to Bible web sites where I can look up verses. Now how are you adding to anything by taking up a lot of space on what is supposed to be a discussion forum, if you can't take those verses and make a persuasive argument from them to make your point?

In none of your comments have you displayed any love or compassion at all. You have been harsh, aggressive, hurtful and hateful. You have been an accuser throughout your entire posts.
Who do the Scriptures say is the accuser?
You seem to be too thin skinned to be good material for a Christian. How do you expect to pick up your cross if you can't take a little theological criticism from a Christian?
I hope you find some real religion and not this run and hide rapture type nonsense.

<< 9  10  11   >>

join