It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Courts of Hell

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 1king2rulethemall

I am pretty sure that the return happened in 1948.

That would be ignoring Isaiah, who says that the Persian emperor, Cyrus, was anointed by The Lord to bring about the release from captivity, to end the exile, and to facilitate the return that was earlier prophesied.
The events of 1948 had no Messiah, or overt sign of the hand of The Lord, but instead, shows evidence of specific people who had been planning and implementing this plan, for decades within Zionist organizations, all of which is well documented.

edit on 15-9-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The promises given to the Nation of Israel will not be fulfilled until they acknowledge Jesus Christ as their Messiah. WHICH HAS NOT YET COME TO PASS!!!!

That already happened, as explained by Paul in Romans 11.

Don’t you know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel: “Lord, they have killed your prophets and torn down your altars; I am the only one left, and they are trying to kill me”? And what was God’s answer to him? “I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace.

Notice the words "present time".
The elect have gotten what Israel had wanted so badly.
Past tense (to us today).
edit on 15-9-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Respect is given in return, friend, but I do not believe in the Codes. The same things were found in looking at War and Peace, and other works. It is random, and not a real code. And as for the prophetic accuracy....well, 221 times so far it was prophesied that Jesus would come:
Library of Date setters for end of the world!
I really didn't think anyone would still pull the the argument of fulfilled prophecies in the Bible, most of which were written after the fact. We have no absolutely no basis to assume that all the events described in the Bible ever occurred in actual history. No scholar, or historian who is unbiased when it comes to religion takes the Bible as a book of historical facts. The New Testament, for example is full of many allegories and symbolism, parables, and never meant to be taken literally. It was the Roman Catholic Church that demanded that all scripture was to be taken literally, or one would be burned alive at the stake. This gave birth to the Age of left-brain thinking known as literalism. An invented historical Jesus Christ on Earth was invented by the Catholic Church to rob us of the true knowledge (Gnosis) and power of Christ within. The Christed Self, what we are really supposed to be.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Sorry for my late reply. Unfortunately, work gets in the way of life WAY too often! Hehehe.

Gill, who you quoted, and I assume is one of the "respected Bible scholars" you are referring to, spells it out in his commentary, that it is the Israel/the church that signals the time of grace, that fulfills this prophecy.

This is what Gill states;

1At the same time, saith the LORD, will I be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be my people.

At the same time, saith the Lord,.... The time of the Messiah, the Gospel dispensation, the latter days; when the Jews shall consider the prophecies of the Old Testament, and observe how they have been fulfilled in Jesus; and shall reflect upon their disbelief and rejection of him; and shall turn unto him, and serve the Lord their God, and David their king; see Jeremiah 30:9;

will I be the God of all the families of Israel; not of some few persons only, or of one of a city, and two of a family, but of every family; and this will be when "all Israel" shall be converted and saved, and a nation shall be born at once; then will God show himself to them as their covenant God, manifest his love to them, and bestow the blessings of his grace upon them:

and they shall be my people; behave as such to him; own him to be their God, and serve and worship him.

Notice how he says, "when the Jews shall consider the prophecies of the Old Testament, and observe how they have been fulfilled in Jesus."
Has that happened yet? DO Jewish people recognise that Jesus is the Messiah? Have they turned from the keeping of the law and accepted Christ as the fulfilment of the law?

NO not yet.
But they WILL !

Not as "all the families of Israel; not of some few persons only, or of one of a city, and two of a family, but of every family; and this will be when "all Israel" shall be converted and saved, and a nation shall be born at once; then will God show himself to them as their covenant God, manifest his love to them, and bestow the blessings of his grace upon them:"

Not every family of Jew has "yet been converted and saved."
Again, I go back to my original statement that "Nation" of Israel is about Jewish ethnicity.

(1) “Nation” is the Greek ethnos, which simply means “a race, a people of a particular nation” like the Samaritan nation or people (Acts 8:9) or the Jews (Acts 10:22). Compare also the seven nations of Canaan (Acts 13:19), nation rising against nation (Mark 13:8). It may also be used in the sense of “foreigners” as an equivalent of the Hebrew goyim. It was actually used in Rome of the foreign people in contrast to Italians. So in the New Testament it is sometimes used in the sense of heathen, Gentiles, pagans in contrast to the Jews who had the promises of God (cf. Matt. 10:18). (quote from bible.org)

The events of 1948 had no Messiah, or overt sign of the hand of The Lord, but instead, shows evidence of specific people who had been planning and implementing this plan, for decades within Zionist organizations, all of which is well documented.

So you don't believe that GOD is sovereign? You don't trust that GOD is working things out for the good of those that love Him?

The Bible is a historical record of how over several thousand years, GOD has worked through His chosen people to bring about the restoration of all mankind. Do you now believe that GOD has stopped working through His chosen people to expound the gospel of Jesus Christ and bring about the events described in the prophecies yet to be fulfilled and the events described in the book of Revelation? Can't you find it at all plausible that GOD is still in control and working toward the judgement of all mankind through mankind itself?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

but I do not believe in the Codes.
reply to post by autowrench

Don't you believe in mathematical formula and law?

The same things were found in looking at War and Peace, and other works. It is random, and not a real code.

If you compare the the frequency, placement, structure, and relevance of the codes found in the text of the Bible to "other works" you will clearly see the distinction between chance and design.

I really didn't think anyone would still pull the the argument of fulfilled prophecies in the Bible, most of which were written after the fact. We have no absolutely no basis to assume that all the events described in the Bible ever occurred in actual history.

May I refer you to a couple of links?

Fulfiled Prophecy

Recent Prophecies Fulfiled

Prophecies about the Birth of Jesus

Bible Prophecy - An Atheists Nightmare

Bible Prophecy

It was the Roman Catholic Church that demanded that all scripture was to be taken literally, or one would be burned alive at the stake.

The Roman Catholic Church demanded the doctrine of Papal infallibility, the sovereignty of the Pope ABOVE Jesus Christ (opposing the Christian scriptures), and the complete submission of all kingdoms to Papal authority - that is why people were burned alive at the stake.
Please may I recommend a book called "A woman rides the beast" by Dave Hunt. An intrinsically and meticulously researched book on the atrocities performed under Papal direction.
May I also suggest that you do some research on the origins of protestantism and Martin Luther and his 95 thesis - which directly opposed the demands and doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church.

An invented historical Jesus Christ on Earth was invented by the Catholic Church

The Catholic Church claims its foundation on the statement of Jesus to Peter, "On this rock I will build my church." They interpreted Jesus' words as designating Peter himself as the beginning of the church. But Jesus was referring to the confession of faith that Peter answered to the question that Jesus asked Peter prior.

MATTHEW 16
13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?”
14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15 “But what about you,” He asked; “Who do you say I am?”
16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God.
17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in Heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
20 Then He warned His disciples not to tell anyone that He was the Christ.

Historicity of Jesus
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the existence of Jesus as a historical figure. For the historical reconstructions of the life of Jesus, see Historical Jesus. For the view that Jesus may be a mythical figure, see Christ myth theory.
The historicity of Jesus refers to the analysis of historical data to determine if Jesus existed as a historical figure, approximately where and when he lived, and if any of the major milestones in his life, such as his method of death, can be confirmed as historical events.[1][2][3] In contrast, the study of the historical Jesus goes beyond the question of his historicity and attempts to reconstruct portraits of his life and teachings, based on methods such as biblical criticism of gospel texts and the history of first century Judea.[3][4]

Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed, and see the theories of his non-existence as effectively refuted.[5][6][7][8][9][10] Scholars generally agree that Jesus was a Galilean Jew who was born BC 7–2 and died AD 30–36.[11][12] Most scholars hold that Jesus lived in Galilee and Judea[13][14][15] and that he spoke Aramaic and may have also spoken Hebrew and Greek.[16][17][18][19][20] Although scholars differ on the reconstruction of the specific episodes of the life of Jesus, the two events whose historicity is subject to "almost universal assent" are that he was baptized by John the Baptist and was crucified by the order of the Roman Prefect Pontius Pilate.[21][22][23][24]

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Unfortunately, work gets in the way of life WAY too often!
Being a forum troll is what substitutes for a job with me right now, that and doing 2 hr. podcasts six days a week.

So you don't believe that GOD is sovereign? You don't trust that GOD is working things out for the good of those that love Him?
That is not a real argument and is something that would only be good for fodder for those who have already fallen for the delusion of the "Modern Israel" myth being perpetrated on the world today.
I guess according to your fantasy version of logic, Hitler was the true Messiah because it forced the world to accept his solution to the "Jewish Problem" by shipping them all off to Palestine (which he was actually doing but was being thwarted by the British).

Has that happened yet? DO Jewish people recognise that Jesus is the Messiah? Have they turned from the keeping of the law and accepted Christ as the fulfilment of the law?

NO not yet.
But they WILL !
I'm sure that already happened, and you can see one example in Lebanon which until recent times was Christian and could have been populated by descendants of ancient Israel, conceivably.
What you see masquerading as "Modern Israel" are descendants of people who never were part of ancient Israel but who had adopted Judaism as a religion after Christianity existed but had been rejected by them as being a viable option as a religion to adopt, for maybe political or financial reasons.
You seem to me to have fallen into the trap that has been set for the unwary who are ready to deny Jesus (true spirituality) in favor of a material thing they can touch and feel, which is idolatry.
edit on 21-9-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
You referred to Romans 11 before in regards to Jeremiahs' prophetic announcements.

That already happened, as explained by Paul in Romans 11.

May I suggest that you re-read Romans 11? to understand what it is actually saying.

The key verses that stick out to support the point of view that "replacement theory" is incorrect are;

Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but [rather] through their fall salvation [is come] unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
Rom 11:12 Now if the fall of them [be] the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this [is] my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Please note especially verse 25

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Notice the word UNTIL ( which means up to a certain point in time ), which has not happened yet.
A large portion of Jewish people are still under "partial national blindness" - as they still observe the law of the Torah, instead of accepting Jesus Christ as their Messiah.

Another point out of these few verses is the sovereignty of GOD. as I mentioned before.
GODs holy people had turned their backs on their GOD. Therefore, GOD added unbelief to the nation;

Rom 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear
unto this day.
Rom 11:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
Rom 11:10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

Even through this tragic event - the rejection of GOD by His people, GOD has a master plan and is ultimately in control (sovereign) and ultimately will rescue "many peoples, nations and tongues" as pointed out in verses 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 23, 24, 26 and 27. (and from Genesis through to Revelation in fact.)

I guess according to your fantasy version of logic, Hitler was the true Messiah because it forced the world to accept his solution to the "Jewish Problem" by shipping them all off to Palestine (which he was actually doing but was being thwarted by the British).

In actual fact, it was because Hitler believed in "replacement theory" and the devaluation of the promises GOD made to His people that caused the Holocaust of the Jews. He (and his partnership with the Roman Catholic Church) regarded Jews as "sub-human" and felt that their complete extermination was "a god driven requirement"
It wasn't the Holy GOD of the Bible that he followed though - it was the god of this world.

I'm sure that already happened, and you can see one example in Lebanon which until recent times was Christian and could have been populated by descendants of ancient Israel, conceivably.

You are making personal assumptions, unsupported by Biblical facts.

You seem to me to have fallen into the trap that has been set for the unwary who are ready to deny Jesus (true spirituality) in favor of a material thing they can touch and feel, which is idolatry.

On the contrary, I accept Jesus Christ as GOD, KING OF KINGS, LORD OF LORDS, SAVIOUR and FRIEND. I accept that Jesus Christ was GOD on earth, and died on the cross, in my place, for my sins, and was resurrected on the third day, and is now seated at the right hand of GOD The Father - exactly as the Bible tells it. I believe that I am a fallen creation, and apart from the blood of Jesus I am damned to eternal separation from GOD, due to my imputed sin nature from Adam, and my wilful sin nature as being fallen. I believe that by accepting Jesus as my Saviour, I have been set free from the punishment of spiritual death, and am alive eternally in Jesus Christ. By faith in Jesus Christ, and by repentance and by the grace, mercy and forgiveness of the eternal holy GOD, I am born again and a NEW creation. I have died to self and risen in Jesus.
Praise be to GOD The Father, GOD The Son and GOD The Holy Spirit. Forever and ever. Amen

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You are making personal assumptions, unsupported by Biblical facts.
What "biblical facts"?
Look, you are the one who is pointing out this verse that says 'until the gentiles achieve a fullness', so when does this happen?
Some time after Paul wrote it, apparently, but how much later?
You are saying "some time", so how does the Bible tell us that "time" has already been reached if there are new books not being added that describe such a thing?
We are stuck with examining history for the answer. A lot of the early Christians were converts from Judaism, and there you have them finding salvation in Christ, and right along side that is the gentiles being brought into the Church, and receiving the same sort of fullness as those who already had a head start had. So what Paul is describing has already taken place.
There was already at the time of Paul's writing many within Judaism who had already accepted Jesus, as he describes in his analogy to what God told Elijah, about those were kept as true followers of God in the Israel of that distant time.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Look, you are the one who is pointing out this verse that says 'until the gentiles achieve a fullness', so when does this happen?
Some time after Paul wrote it, apparently, but how much later?

That is exactly my point!! It hasn't happened yet!! It is FUTURE PROPHECY!
The Bible says that "No one knows the times or dates - only the Father."

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Which leads back to my original statement about prophecies for future Israel. There are prophecies made concerning Israel that have not yet come to pass.

Hosea 1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, [that] in the place where it was said unto them, Ye [are] not my people, [there] it shall be said unto them, [Ye are] the sons of the living God.

Hosea 1:11 Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great [shall be] the day of Jezreel.

Hsa 2:18 And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and [with] the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.

Hsa 2:19 And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.

Hsa 2:20 I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD.

Hsa 2:21 ¶ And it shall come to pass in that day, I will hear, saith the LORD, I will hear the heavens, and they shall hear the earth;

Hsa 2:22 And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil; and they shall hear Jezreel.

Hsa 2:23 And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to [them which were] not my people, Thou [art] my people; and they shall say, [Thou art] my God.

Hsa 3:4 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and [without] teraphim:

Hsa 3:5 Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.

To provide just 1 example.

You are saying "some time", so how does the Bible tell us that "time" has already been reached if there are new books not being added that describe such a thing?

The Bible doesn't tell us that "time" has already been reached at all. It merely says "until" as in Romans 11:25 - inferring that is still a process happening - not yet complete. When it IS FINISHED though, the "veil" will be lifted from Israel and they ALL will confess that Jesus is their Messiah, and worship Him by faith and not by "the law"/works.

What are the "new books" that you are referring to? I don't know what you mean. So I can't give an answer here.

So what Paul is describing has already taken place. There was already at the time of Paul's writing many within Judaism who had already accepted Jesus, as he describes in his analogy to what God told Elijah, about those were kept as true followers of God in the Israel of that distant time.

What Paul is describing IS STILL TAKING PLACE TO THIS DAY! It has not finished. There are still Jews being saved, and still gentiles being saved. And there will be still many more to be saved, no doubt.
IT IS NOT CONFINED TO "that distant time" It was a prophetic statement.

Rom 11:26 And so ALL Israel shall be saved:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

The Bible doesn't tell us that "time" has already been reached at all. It merely says "until" as in Romans 11:25 - inferring that is still a process happening - not yet complete.

There is no way you can make that claim with any credibility.
All you can say is that at the moment Paul wrote that in Romans, it was not complete yet.
The process had already begun, as explained by the biblical reference to Elijah and the Lord telling him there were those in Israel who had not given worship to Baal.
All you are doing is taking away glory from Jesus and God, and giving it to men.
edit on 27-9-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

All you are doing is taking away glory from Jesus and God, and giving it to men.

May I ask how am I doing this? When I am highlighting the abundant grace and mercy that GOD has shown throughout the ages with His chosen people? When I am highlighting that Israel (and us gentiles) have continually rejected and rebelled against GOD? but GODs grace and mercy covers that entirely? When I am highlighting that although humans are utterly depraved, Jesus (who was GOD as a man) voluntarily gave His life on the cross (the ultimate demonstration of love) to reconcile THE WHOLE WORLD to GOD?
My friend, please understand, that I give ALL THE GLORY to Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!
Apart from Him we are nothing - doomed to eternal punishment (separation from Him).
Through Him (AND HIM ALONE) we are blessed with eternal life!
Jesus is GOD, KING, LORD and SAVIOUR!!!!!!

How is what I am saying giving glory to men? By saying that GOD still loves His chosen people Israel and still loves them and cares for them and has made special promises to them and for them? Isn't that giving glory to GOD for being ever-loving, merciful, and full of grace?

I am NOT saying that Israel have EARNT their special promises and privileges. NOWHERE HAVE I SAID THAT! I am saying that GOD has picked one man (abram) and decided to bless him and his children (by grace) and through him/them, bless THE WHOLE WORLD! - BY THE GRACE OF GOD ALONE - THROUGH HIS SON JESUS CHRIST!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

There is no way you can make that claim with any credibility.
All you can say is that at the moment Paul wrote that in Romans, it was not complete yet.
The process had already begun, as explained by the biblical reference to Elijah and the Lord telling him there were those in Israel who had not given worship to Baal.

Please read the provided link

Israel and The Church

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

May I ask how am I doing this? When I am highlighting the abundant grace and mercy that GOD has shown throughout the ages with His chosen people?
What you have in reality is people who wrote a book. They were (the elites of this group) stuck in Babylon after being deported there from Canaan. So they wrote about a mythical character, Abraham, who came out of a similar place and called it Ur of the Chaldees. Something they could relate to, being in a similar situation. The returnees wanted an assurance that they could return, and once there, claim ownership over the land that obviously would have been taken by people filling in the void from their own departure. So they made a story where a deity-type character revealed to Abraham that He was the divine sovereign over that particular region and that He had decided to give it to his heirs (meaning the very people writing this book).
From that culture which rallied around this book, there were the prophets who wrote about the coming of the Lord to make the world a better place. Jesus is the Lord and said as much, based on what was written in the Prophets, along with The Book. God chose these people, being very devout and in love with the concept of the Lord coming to earth to do miraculous things. Those who actually accepted him as the Lord are who are now the blessed and chosen.

edit on 29-9-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

In reality, it is a collection of 66 books, penned by some forty authors, over a time span of about 1500+ years. The amazing fact is that it is an integrated message system from outside our known time dimension.

From the very first sentence of the scriptures, to the very last sentence of the scriptures, they speak of Jesus Christ - the common thread weaved throughout the entire Bible. The New Testament is concealed in the Old Testament, and the Old Testament is revealed in the New Testament.

The scriptures are the inspired words of the Creator of all things, and by them, He is made known to us - His character, His nature and His love.

Through each page is revealed the wonderful history of love.
Through each page is revealed the wonderful mystery of love.

Every detail of the life of Jesus was PRE-WRITTEN in the scriptures!
Every detail in the scriptures is there by deliberate design and is about Jesus Christ!

I encourage you, friend, to seriously study the scriptures for yourself. You will be changed forever.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

The scriptures are the inspired words of the Creator of all things, and by them, He is made known to us - His character, His nature and His love.

Jesus is: how we know God's Character and nature and love, through His son.
Not the Old Testament, which is about: genocide, offensive warfare, murder, stealing, looting and taking other people's land.
You are committing the sin of idolatry, at the expense of the true God, Jesus.
edit on 2-10-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

You are committing the sin of idolatry,

May I respectfully encourage you to research the Biblical meaning of the word 'idolatry.'

Not the Old Testament, which is about: genocide, offensive warfare, murder, stealing, looting and taking other people's land.

Dan 10:21 But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and [there is] none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.
Mar 12:10 And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:
Mar 15:28 And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.
Luk 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.
Jhn 2:22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.
Jhn 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Jhn 7:42 Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?
Jhn 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
Jhn 13:18 I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me.
Jhn 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
Jhn 19:24 They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things therefore the soldiers did.
Jhn 19:28 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.
Jhn 19:36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.
Jhn 19:37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.
Jhn 20:9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.
Act 1:16 Men [and] brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
Act 8:32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
Act 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
Rom 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, [saying], In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
1Ti 5:18 For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer [is] worthy of his reward.
2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Jam 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
Jam 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Jam 4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretatiFor what saith the scripture?

link   

Mat 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
Mat 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
Mat 26:54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?
Mat 26:56 But all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled.
Mar 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?
Mar 14:49 I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and ye took me not: but the scriptures must be fulfilled.
Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Jhn 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Act 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
Act 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
Act 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, [and] mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.
Act 18:28 For he mightily convinced the Jews, [and that] publickly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.
Rom 1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
Rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Rom 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
1Cr 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Cr 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
2Pe 3:16 As also in all [his] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as [they do] also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
Mar 1:2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Mar 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with [their] lips, but their heart is far from me.
Mar 9:12 And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought.
Mar 9:13 But I say unto you, That Elias is indeed come, and they have done unto him whatsoever they listed, as it is written of him.
Mar 11:17 And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.
Mar 14:21 The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.
Mar 14:27 And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.
Mar 15:26 And the superscription of his accusation was written over, THE KING OF THE JEWS.
Luk 2:23 (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord

Luk 3:4 As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
Luk 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
Luk 4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Luk 4:10 For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:

link   

Luk 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
Luk 7:27 This is [he], of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Luk 10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
Luk 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
Luk 18:31 Then he took [unto him] the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.
Luk 19:46 Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves.
Luk 20:17 And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?
Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
Luk 22:37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.
Luk 23:38 And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These [are] the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and [in] the prophets, and [in] the psalms, concerning me.
Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Jhn 2:17 And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.
Jhn 6:31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.
Jhn 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
Jhn 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
Jhn 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
Jhn 12:14 And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written,
Jhn 12:16 These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and [that] they had done these things unto him.
Jhn 15:25 But [this cometh to pass], that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
Jhn 19:20 This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, [and] Greek, [and] Latin.
Jhn 19:22 Pilate answered, What I have written I have written.
Jhn 20:30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
Jhn 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Jhn 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.
Act 1:20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.
Act 7:42 Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the host of heaven; as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to me slain beasts and sacrifices [by the space of] forty years in the wilderness?
Act 13:29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took [him] down from the tree, and laid [him] in a sepulchre.
Act 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
Act 15:15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
Act 21:25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written [and] concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from [things] offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.
Act 23:5 Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.
Act 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

. . . encourage you to research the Biblical . . .

So do you have a point?
What you were doing earlier was placing a book before Jesus as being the ultimate expression of God's character.
What you just presented now is how in New Testament times people saw things in Jesus and his life that corresponded with mentions of things in the Old Testament. So you are making an argument for something not brought up in the discussion.
Or are you saying that the book should be worshiped, seeing how people held it in regard as an authoritative work back then?
edit on 3-10-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

What you were doing earlier was placing a book before Jesus as being the ultimate expression of God's character.

No. I was explaining to you that the scriptures are entirely about Jesus, I don't worship the scriptures. I worship the GOD whom the scriptures are about. ie. JESUS CHRIST.

Hebrews 10:5-7
Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said, “Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired, but a body have you prepared for me; in burnt offerings and sin offerings you have taken no pleasure. Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come to do your will, O God, as it is written of me in the scroll of the book.’”

In your posted statement "Not the Old Testament, which is about: genocide, offensive warfare, murder, stealing, looting and taking other people's land." you are demonstrating a lack of knowledge and understanding in the significance of the scriptures in revealing GOD's mercy, grace, forgiveness and ultimate love for mankind, ie - His character. You seem to be unawares that GOD's ultimate demonstration of His character - personified in Jesus Christ, FULFILLED THE OLD TESTAMENT LAW IN ITS ENTIRETY as exclaimed with the beautiful words spoken on the cross, "It is finished."

What you just presented now is how in New Testament times people saw things in Jesus and his life that corresponded with mentions of things in the Old Testament. So you are making an argument for something not brought up in the discussion.

I am not making such an argument. I am simply providing scriptural evidence that the Old Testament is the inspired word of GOD, even as the New Testament is the inspired word of GOD. The Old Testament is the prophetic word of the coming Messiah. Jesus is the Messiah, and the fulfilment of that prophecy. (although there is still prophecy yet to be fulfilled).

I felt that it was necessary to provide such evidence because of your statement, "Not the Old Testament, which is about: genocide, offensive warfare, murder, stealing, looting and taking other people's land." which demonstrates a lack of understanding, and a dangerous disregard for GOD's word.

Revelation 22:18-19
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Deuteronomy 4:2
You shall not add to the word that I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God that I command you.

Proverbs 30:5-6
Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, lest he rebuke you and you be found a liar.

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation.

So you are making an argument for something not brought up in the discussion.

Actually, YOU brought it into the discussion by your claim, '"What you have in reality is people who wrote a book. They were (the elites of this group) stuck in Babylon after being deported there from Canaan. So they wrote about a mythical character, Abraham, who came out of a similar place and called it Ur of the Chaldees. Something they could relate to, being in a similar situation. The returnees wanted an assurance that they could return, and once there, claim ownership over the land that obviously would have been taken by people filling in the void from their own departure. So they made a story where a deity-type character revealed to Abraham that He was the divine sovereign over that particular region and that He had decided to give it to his heirs (meaning the very people writing this book).

In this preposterous statement you are denying the existence of GOD, claiming that He is a liar, and ultimately denouncing Jesus Christ!

Or are you saying that the book should be worshiped, seeing how people held it in regard as an authoritative work back then?

NO. Once again - whom the scriptures are about - JESUS - is my object of affection. Nowhere in any of my statements have I claimed (or even inferred) that the scriptures are to be worshipped.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Notice that it says "All scripture" - both Old and New Testaments which TOGETHER are the authoritative, inspired word of GOD - written through His chosen prophets and apostles, by the revelation of The Holy Spirit. Notice how it states, "breathed out by GOD." Meaning - the scriptures are the very words of GOD.

THE APOSTLES REFFERED TO THE OLD TESTAMENT AS " THE SCRIPTURES "

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join