It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
My opening in the Ethics/Radical Beliefs Debate has been posted.

Sorry, NRE, for the slight delay, but I had a week from hell at work, and spent the extra time carefully choosing the direction I wanted to take.

I'm watching this one, it seems to be an incredible topic very often glassed over.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
My second is up

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm baaaaaack. Thanks to sky, and dtom for getting me back in. And I'm ready to go kiddos. Judging, debating, whatever is needed. Good to be back in, and I'm staying this time! !

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I may have a topic to take you on in a few days, I need to think of how to word the thing before I send it up for approval..

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

I may have a topic to take you on in a few days, I need to think of how to word the thing before I send it up for approval..

Sounds good to me.

Pm me if you want extra input on the wording. It'll be tough to debate you because I usually agree with and star almost all your posts. This will be fun

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Im hoping once I get my feet wet here this will be my new home for a while. So I figure in a week or so I will be looking for a new debate, so if there are any takers in that time frame let me know

Obviously controversial debates are the good ones

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

From what I am reading, (your second post, currently) you will be a welcome addition to the debate team here on ATS. I got about 2 paragraphs in, then immediately stepped back to post this comment. What you're producing is a well thought out position, and I will re-read a few times before I can even continue.

Very nice, NRE. I thrive on intelligent discussion, which is why this is one of my favorite forums on ATS.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Welcome back, bkn. I was disappointed when you never engaged in a debate, for I truly like the way you think. I thought you'd be a good fit here, and now that you're back, we'll be seeing how that proceeds.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Eh , was my fault. My engaging in the Sandy Hook threads back in Dec was amateur of me and i paid for it. ATS did the right thing and benched me from fighter status until cooler heads prevailed. So here i am!!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you Druid, I am so happy that I was able to reintroduce myself in this capacity, and with such a great member and contributor here. Take your time on this, as I hope that this subject, though touchy to say the least will open a new type of discussion that is usually avoided.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Second post is up, in the Radical Belief Debate.

Over to you NRE.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Your true character shines through your own admissions. Kudos, my friend.

I expect you to perform rather remarkably here, the major difference being "no noise" to distract you from your thoughts. On topic and focused.

It's what, honestly, we all want with a discussion.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I may as well ask you for a debate, as previously.

If you are serious about being a regular participant in this forum, I owe you that much. I offer all the newcomers here a challenge, and the whole point is to retain interest in intellectual discourse.

You'll have to redeem your absence, however, by providing your own debate topic, of which I will accept. We'll decide our positions after the topic is presented.

Game?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I may as well ask you for a debate, as previously.

If you are serious about being a regular participant in this forum, I owe you that much. I offer all the newcomers here a challenge, and the whole point is to retain interest in intellectual discourse.

You'll have to redeem your absence, however, by providing your own debate topic, of which I will accept. We'll decide our positions after the topic is presented.

Game?

I would be, but Vkey has already challenged me. Still waiting on her to finalize the topic. But I will gladly debate you after.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Your true character shines through your own admissions. Kudos, my friend.

I expect you to perform rather remarkably here, the major difference being "no noise" to distract you from your thoughts. On topic and focused.

It's what, honestly, we all want with a discussion.

Very kind words, Druid, you're one of the very best on ATS. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Anyone looking for a fight?

I'm in the mood for a debate!

Any good ideas?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Meh... I've been trying to find one for like two months.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Sure ya have, Heff.

Do you have a topic in mind?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
My final post is up in the Radical Beliefs Debate.

Now, It's off to the judges!

-------------------------------------------

Debates like that are unique, arguing concepts, rather than points. I'd like to see more debates like that.

It would've been so easy to list radical groups, Al-Quada, Hamas, David Koresh, the PLO or the US government, but without naming names, the discussion revolved around principles and concepts, which was a refreshing change.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you for the opportunity, I am now more aware of the rules, this was fun, and I look forward to more debates in the future, good luck friend

Peace, NRE.

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join