It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
My first post is up for the debate between Druid42 and I.
Is it ethical to kill people for their radical beliefs?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The decision in the women in the military debate is posted!

Druid42 and okiecowboy - honestly, to both of you, what a great debate!!!! One of the best I have read!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I can honestly say after this OPPT nonsense is done with I am going to come back into the Debate and Research forums and HIDE..

I never expected 77 pages of whatever...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

We all have "that" thread somewhere in our ATS careers. Mine was a thread on "Fathers Rights" that contended if a woman can legally have an abortion - then men paying child support should be totally voluntary as well.

I started off in that thread angry and went downhill from there.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

What's OPPT?

Old Person's Personal Theory?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

You have no idea how fortunate you are to be able to say "What's OTTP"!

Trust me, your world is much more serene not knowing.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
reply to post by vkey08

What's OPPT?

U2U me ad.... I will attempt to give you the quick version..... if i can? I don't really know if any of it is "quick anymore, and Heff is right, you are soo lucky to be able to say What's OPPT?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Congratulations Okie!

You stayed focused, and on topic throughout, while I meandered with my position. In retrospect, while researching information to use, I actually found more info that shows that women are perfectly combat ready. It weakened my stance, and upon re-reading, my third post shows that. I made mistakes that cost me a win.

Of course, there's the old adage: Send a platoon of women with PMS to the front line, and the war would soon be over.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

A snarled mess of ignorance. Seventy seven pages and counting.

Read the OP, and you should get to:

an economic system was imported from the Orion system.

and be up to speed.

(Are you back yet?)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you for a fun debte...I am actually shocked for the record..

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I just want to know...when do we get the money

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Don't be shocked. I'm only human, and kicking myself in the hiney for the few simple debate mistakes I made.

Two debates:
Druid42: 1
okiecowboy: 1

You have to realize, the judges remain impartial, and that ruling was unanimous. No tie-breaker required even, so I had to re-read and analyze. Yep, I can spot where I went wrong, and how to improve my argument in the future.

The debate forum isn't just about winning, it's about honing your critical thinking skills, and I walk away without the win, but with a keen observation of how I handled the debate. What I gained from losing this debate will be filed away for future reference.

edit on 2/21/13 by Druid42 because: added "with"

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I agree with that..I always learn something both about debating and the topic. I really didn't think I would fare well in that one, as I am a bit biased on the topic.

And for the record, I don't feel women in combat is a good idea, not due to the women as much as the men.
It was interesting to take that side for sure..

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

reply to post by vkey08

What's OPPT?

U2U me ad.... I will attempt to give you the quick version..... if i can? I don't really know if any of it is "quick anymore, and Heff is right, you are soo lucky to be able to say What's OPPT?

Okay, after looking at the first page of that thread (and flagging it
) I concur. Having studied Constitutional Law at university, and given my... um... lack of respect, shall we call it... for people who come up with crackpot schemes that take advantage of other people's desperation and/or ignorance, yes, it's probably best that I'm not participating in that thread.

Yes, Druid, I'm back, though more in spirit than body... Minnesota is doing a number on me this month... it's all I can do to fend off the heretics in the Religion and Theology forums, lol. (Waves at his pseudo-stalker
)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

2 more flags and I get a set of ginsu knives

Seriously though it brings up a potential topic for debate..... Is the current system fixable?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Is the current system fixable?

I think you'd have to precede that with a debate on "Is the current system broken?" And with all the definitions of what "broken" might entail, I'm not sure that's a winnable debate from either side.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Is the current system fixable?

I think you'd have to precede that with a debate on "Is the current system broken?" And with all the definitions of what "broken" might entail, I'm not sure that's a winnable debate from either side.

I'm sure a more razor edged definition preceding a debate would work.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Ad, I could REALLY use your support in there when it comes to the Constitutional stuff. I'm so totally close to snap, that it would be nice to have a fresh voice.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Frankly, I think the most salient post that I've run across so far was Stephen's:

you know what? there's no point in exposing this. some people are destined to be duped and, sadly, I'm beginning to think they deserve whatever they get.

If these guys are driving you nuts, let it go -- no matter what you throw at them, they aren't going to listen.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
My opening in the Ethics/Radical Beliefs Debate has been posted.

Sorry, NRE, for the slight delay, but I had a week from hell at work, and spent the extra time carefully choosing the direction I wanted to take.

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join