It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California going off!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Quake Cam based out of Los Angeles

abclocal.go.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

The more I research it the more spooked I get. Lol

If its geological as in volcanic we may be seeing an alarming trend unfold before our eyes, I sincerely hope not but all eyes on USGS right now.

It looks crazy to me!

No one truly knows for sure what's going on, that I sense, but I await anxioisly to see what happens.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

If its geological as in volcanic we may be seeing an alarming trend unfold before our eyes, I sincerely hope not but all eyes on USGS right now.

It looks crazy to me!

No one truly knows for sure what's going on, that I sense, but I await anxioisly to see what happens.

Hi mo0m ..
)

www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

But why get spooked.

You can't do anything about it.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Using 3d earthquake software, the rest of the globe is silent.

and if nothing comes of this and your in a region that is prone to earthquakes, perhaps this is the time you start prepping for the worse case scenario.
edit on 26-8-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
CNN is reporting on it, calling it a quake swarm. They're expecting THOUSANDS over the next week.

Los Angeles (CNN) -- "A swarm" of several hundred earthquakes, the strongest measuring a 5.5 magnitude, were centered east of San Diego near California's border with Mexico on Sunday afternoon, seismologists said. Sunday's shaking in Southern California's Imperial Valley was the most activity recorded there since the 1970s, according to U.S. Geological Survey seismologist Lucy Johnson. "We are having a swarm," Johnson said. "We expect thousands of events (like this) over several days." An emergency dispatcher with the Brawley Fire Department said there were no reports of injuries so far. Brawley is the town closest to the quake's center. Authorities were still working to assess the situation by midafternoon, he said.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
I think that if i lived there i would grab my b.o.b. and get a head start outta town!
Nothing may come of this swarm but we are in uncharted waters so to speak.
Better safe than sorry. You can always turn around.
That's just my opinion cause i'm not there so who knows what i would really do.

Unfortunate for me, Weekends my husband is separated from me by 30 minuets all sea level and 2 rivers.
he won' t be off until 8PM tonight! they told us here that if we actually feel the quake we may only have 5-12 mins to get to high ground...there is no high ground unless you cross a river and it is 10 min away! that river will flood so stuck.

link   
reply to post by lover088

Hey you! Wow! You did it again!

How do you do it??

I cannot believe what's going on, what are your thoughts? Is this a normal kind of event that won't amount to anything?

link   

Originally posted by hollwd
reply to post by Yngvarr

Why do you think I moved to Missouri. and not near the Mississippi.. but high up in the Ozarks. in the Good part of the NWO map of the USA after TSHTF..

Good choice, hopefully the NM fault stays asleep!
I'll be in KC.

Back on topic, I'm guessing the 4's and 5's were the biggest and the rest are after shocks?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Compassionate I guess. I have family there and I would mourn for you as well. Life is precious, or so I think.

This is alarming enough to be prepared and aware, so says my logic. But, if you are ok and not concerned then more power to you.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So we should expect thousands of quakes such as these
over the next week - hold on to your nerves everyone.
Hopefully the largest was a quake and the rest
aftershocks. I suppose it doesn't work that way with
a swarm. I lived in LA during the 70's and never
experienced anything over a 4.5 and certainly
never experienced a swarm. Hope everyone is well
prepared.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Well at least get outside away from buildings and trees and wait for your knight.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
reply to post by hollwd

The Geo thermal plant is all new...Hmm

New geo thermal plant near Salton sea

Here is how geothermal energy is harvested at the plant: one of two wells taps into superheated reservoir water 2 miles below the earth's surface. That fluid is flashed into steam engines that drive turbines inside. The power is then put on the grid and the water is returned to the earth. The process occurs nonstop, 24 hours a day.

The plant reminds me of the B of A mural.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by earthart

Mitchell Coombes the guy that predicted Japan posted this on his FB page a couple of weeks ago. Take of it what you will..

Ok everyone, you've been warned of what's to come, we are getting extremely close to the 104 hour tsunami warning. I strongly advise that if you live on the east coast of NSW and west coast of USA, have your evacuation gear ready to go as soon as possible. I said on March 11 that California would be next after Japan's countdown... Sydney's earthquake will be magnitude 9.5, California's earthquake will be magnitude 9.6, followed by two 9.4's, all of these tsunamis will be created in the same exact hour

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel
CNN is reporting on it, calling it a quake swarm. They're expecting THOUSANDS over the next week.

Los Angeles (CNN) -- "A swarm" of several hundred earthquakes, the strongest measuring a 5.5 magnitude, were centered east of San Diego near California's border with Mexico on Sunday afternoon, seismologists said. Sunday's shaking in Southern California's Imperial Valley was the most activity recorded there since the 1970s, according to U.S. Geological Survey seismologist Lucy Johnson. "We are having a swarm," Johnson said. "We expect thousands of events (like this) over several days." An emergency dispatcher with the Brawley Fire Department said there were no reports of injuries so far. Brawley is the town closest to the quake's center. Authorities were still working to assess the situation by midafternoon, he said.

www.cnn.com...

I'm wondering how they could be saying this like it has happened before.
I'm looking and so far i have found anything with this magnitude and frequency happening before.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Compassionate I guess. I have family there and I would mourn for you as well. Life is precious, or so I think.

This is alarming enough to be prepared and aware, so says my logic. But, if you are ok and not concerned then more power to you.

I see it in the positive as a release.

Even so - - why put out negative energy for something I can't do anything about?

However - - if Los Angeles gets real crazy - - - I know where everyone I know will be headed. My place - - out in the middle of the Sonora Desert.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by minettejo
Everytime I refresh the rsoe there seems to be a couple more.

Geez, prayers for the west coast!!

I noticed almost all are in Brawley. I googled Brawley, but other than having a very dirty river and being below sea level, I got nothing else.
edit on 26-8-2012 by minettejo because: additional info

And yet, I had to look carefully at CNN.com to find mention of this. Why isn't it the full front page? Are these earthquakes not cause for serious alarm????

CNN Report on S.C. Quakes

This one of those times where I'd load the family in the car and head for any other state.
edit on 8/26/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Change into better undies at least, I think!

I actually think i will get my shoes on!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You say it's negative energy I'm putting out and I feel love so which is it ?

Yeah, just remain aware of what's going on is all you or anyone can do when faced with a what if kind of situation. The probabilities are there.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I understand California having earthquakes is very normal -- but I must say, I have never seen so many EQs on my iPhone app before from one single area, let alone California.

I have been trying to search for celestial alignments and/or anything that could show a sign of things to come. I found this website goingglobaleastmeetswest.blogspot.com... which does not seem to give much information but it mentions around August 23 there would be two "very strong" alignments (in terms of what, I am not sure), Mars-Sun-Mercury-Jupiter and Sun-Earth-Neptune.

Take from it what you will.

PG2

Edit to add: I know some people are adamant about celestial alignments not having any effect on the Earth. I really have no opinion one way or another, but I would think our celestial neighbors and their gravitational force would have SOME effect, however little. We cannot even imagine the force of these massive celestial bodies, only scientifically calculate certain aspects.
edit on 26-8-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join