It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California going off!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Good, we are in agreement. Lol

It seems as though most are staying positive, this is a good thing.

Being aware and prepared is all I'm promoting. I have three kids and I don't like for anything to sneak up on me, but thats me.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I think as far as damage goes shallow is bad.
I know there are more factors and it would be good to get an unbiased educated opinion.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Has anyone else notices RSOE has taken the quakes off the map. Why would they do that. They are still listed underneath though, at least until the 4.3

link   
The tsunami warning sirens in San Francisco went off about 20 minutes ago. It said it was only a test, but the tests happen on Tuesdays at noon. @SF311 on twitter says it was just a mistake...

link   

Originally posted by MCL1150
reply to post by earthart

Yes, I count at least 54 Earthquakes from 1:00pm to 7:07pm EST.. WOW!!!! that's a lot in a short period of time!!!

You want to know that bad part, if there start getting worse our direction, I should leave but who wants to leave the computer when you want to watch and talk!

we had an article come out in the local papers a few weeks ago, saying scientists said the fault could "unzip" all the way from So Ca to Washington state! the San Andreas effecting the Gorda plate and the Juan Fuca plate all going at once.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I knew something was up when I watched the USGS map drop down to 143 EQ's this afternoon. I said to myself something big is going to happen soon. I surmised that the lower that number went, the bigger the event. I remember reading about some paranoid scientists in the Baja, but I forget what that was about. That was within the past year or so. Maybe somebody else remembers that better.

I find it curious that MSM says this is going to be a prolonged event.

My opinion, and just my opinion, I think the earth is cooking inside for whatever reason, hence, the proliferation of sinkholes and volcanism. We may be looking at the birth of the world's largest sinkhole to date.

That's just something I've had in the back of my head for the past few months.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Oh wow! That's some crazy stuff!

Where abouts are you?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by minettejo
Has anyone else notices RSOE has taken the quakes off the map. Why would they do that. They are still listed underneath though, at least until the 4.3

RSOE has a tendency to get more then on report of the same quake, they go up, but then they have to adjust when they see they are the same one reported from multiple sources. the others are more accurate.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RighteousDude

It's a crazy thought but it's possible.

The CERN comes to mind but it may be a more far reaching idea I have.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I haven't felt a thing... I'm in Riverside, California right now.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Oh wow! That's some crazy stuff!

Where abouts are you?

Crescent city home of the Tsunami, they say we are over due for the regular BIG ONE tsunami here. Last couple were small.

During the Tsunami before last I had my daughter-inlaw visiting. I took her to the beach, there was not a soul!
I said, " wow usually it is pretty busy on this beach,' we walked around 30 mins....later I found out there had been a tsunami, everyone was supposed to be evaced off the beaches!!! There was no whistle yet, we have one now. We must have left the beach right before it hit lol!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Im worried these will spread right along the coast.

Columbia has a history of bad earthquakes too

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
"As of 4 p.m., Pioneers Memorial Hospital in Brawley, Calif., was beginning to evacuate patients due to the ongoing quakes in the area."

Source: SoCal Rattled by Quake Swarms | NBC 7 San Diego

www.nbcsandiego.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

The Long Valley site did not post the Aug update. Hope all is good there.
volcanoes.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
2 more Earthquakes.. 4.2 - 7.7 km and a 4.3 - 4.8 km!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Could a major EQ in California upset the Yellowstone Caldera? I remember hearing something about the yellowstone supervolcano being over-due for a massive eruption, as well as California being overdue for a massive EQ... A devastating combination indeed.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ive not seen a swarm like that in a long time
yikes...
I had a feeling it has been toooo quiet for to long

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I see what everyone means about the rest of the world being eerily quake free, thats almost unheard of isn't it?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Foreshocks are medium-sized earthquakes that precede major quakes. An increase in foreshock activity[76] (combined with purported indications like ground water levels and strange animal behavior) enabled the successful evacuation of a million people one day before the February 4, 1975 M7.3 Haicheng earthquake[77]

The Xiuyan M5.3 earthquake (29 November 1999) is another example where a successful prediction was issued, based on a correct interpretation of an earthquake swarm as foreshocks.[78][79]

While 50% of major earthquakes are preceded by foreshocks, only about 5-10% of small earthquakes turn out to be foreshocks, leading to false warnings.[80][81][82]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

LOL Gang,I am here in So Cal, was at the Marina in Dana Point until around noon and then over the mountain to Lake Elsinore and felt nothing and my gardener who had been working all morning and until a few moments ago in the yard says he felt nothing either. So okay, let assume I noticed nothing because I was either on the boat or in the car and my man was sipping wine and oblivious to everything but his wino and work, and let's agree that there were a bunch of small quakes. This would be a very good thing because small earth quakes release tension in the shelf incrementally (in small snaps) verses larger bigger, more dramatic adjustments...so, relax or seeya-bye,move to Arizona lol

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join