It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California going off!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
An even newer 3.2mag earthquake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
quake cam going crazy

another descent size one?

quake cam?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

...Earthquakes/tremors..

Edit to say: I watched the 4.8 on livecam... I hope it settles down quickly..

edit on 26-8-2012 by Deplume because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

quake cam going crazy

quake cam?

its a live seismograph... go here to see what they are talking about. abclocal.go.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Beaten^^

Originally posted by rebellender

quake cam going crazy

quake cam?

This one i think

abclocal.go.com...
edit on 26-8-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

earthquakes

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hopefully this won't escalate. Best of wishes to anyone in the area from Norway. Stay safe, just in case.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
To paraphrase a book title, the people of the Brawley area are people of the shaking earth. Aftershocks used to unnerve me, so I can imagine the stresses on people this swarm of good sized quakes is causing.

They're not of magnitude to individually cause death or injury normally. And damage would be limited (things falling off walls/shelves and breaking; facades falling off buildings) but I wonder if collectively the swarm could weaken structures.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I want to share this since I'm interested.

In the last portion of my dream, there was an anchorwoman reporting a 4.3 magnitude earthquake. The rest of my dream-time had no signs of any earthquake related symbolism. It felt almost completely random when I dreamt it, very out of place and I awoke straight afterwards. I'll add that when I saw it, it was more of a visualized thing, since I did not feel my dream body present, just the "news report" appearing like a movie screen to my self. I live in California and have not felt any noticeable quakes today. I share this for those who may want to interpret it.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
What if a magma chamber is forming?

Could we possibly be seeing the creation of a volcano?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
there from my yahoo homepage add on from usgs. Not to timely as some of the bigger ones came on screen an hour after the fact and labeled them as 15 minutes ago! Time to find a speedier EQ notifier. If i had been banking on this one and a huge one came id be dead.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

sitting here not feeling a thing, my gf felt the 1:57pm 5.er 4 miles away. go figure

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
However, the USGS says there's a 10 percent probability that a much larger quake could occur by late Tuesday afternoon. And Sunday's event was proving to be unusually robust, producing 42 quakes measuring 3.0 to 5.5 between 2:17 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Sunday.

"There's a small chance that something bigger could happen," said Bob Dollar, a seismologist at the USGS.

A seismometer at Palomar Mountain captured the 5.3 and 5.5 quakes that occurred on Sunday, along with pre shocks and aftershocks. USGS

The swarm began late Saturday night with a series of small quakes on the Brawley Fault Zone, east of San Diego. The region produced a 5.3 quake at 12:31 p.m. Sunday, then a 5.5 shaker at 1:57 p.m. They were part of the roughly 200 quakes that occurred in that region between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Sunday.
www.utsandiego.com...

"The Brawley Fault Zone is very active seismically, but it is unusual to have two 5.0-plus quakes occur so close together in time. We'll have to watch to see what happens," said Tom Rockwell, a San Diego State seismologist who studies the San Andreas and Imperial fault systems.

"The big concern is if a moderate earthquake would lead to a larger earthquake on the San Andreas," Rockwell said.

edit on 26-8-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by earthart

If you listened to ABC7 today at 5PM, you would have noticed in the live interview with a seismologist,when a reporter said, "And do you think this could trigger the San Andreas Fault?", While the seismologist was speaking,the newsroom interrupted and said they will bring "more info" later, and went on to regular news.. So,i'm guessing they don't want people to know, Either to not get the public scared,or just for another reason. I don't know if something non nature is causing this,like government projects or whatnot. What do you think was the reason why they interrupted it? And what is the real reason behind the earthquakes,and do you think the "Big One" will happen?

link   
I think the map is just sick of smuggy socal n feels like shakin it up a bit before throwing it into the water.... Fine by me

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
I think the map is just sick of smuggy socal n feels like shakin it up a bit before throwing it into the water.... Fine by me

Bet you live in the desert too...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackbird2012

If you listened to ABC7 today at 5PM, you would have noticed in the live interview with a seismologist,when a reporter said, "And do you think this could trigger the San Andreas Fault?", While the seismologist was speaking,the newsroom interrupted and said they will bring "more info" later, and went on to regular news.. So,i'm guessing they don't want people to know, Either to not get the public scared,or just for another reason. I don't know if something non nature is causing this,like government projects or whatnot. What do you think was the reason why they interrupted it? And what is the real reason behind the earthquakes,and do you think the "Big One" will happen?
. Earthquake swarms are one of the events typically preceding eruptions of volcanoes. Have there been any recent activity of volcanoes ?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by dayve

Bet you live in the desert too...

Nope the valley ..

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophorus

The only volcanos there are mainly extinct volcanos,extinct lava tubes. But there are geysers,geothermal activity,and mini active mudcraters.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus

Originally posted by Blackbird2012

. Earthquake swarms are one of the events typically preceding eruptions of volcanoes. Have there been any recent activity of volcanoes ?

Well like I said the long valley Super Volcano has an update each month on the 1st, but they didn't put it up for August and i can't find any info. Guess that's a long way away though...
edit on 26-8-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join