California going off!

page: 6
147
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hollwd
 

THIS IS FROM FAMILY AND FRIENDS IN BRAWLEY NOW.. I FORGOT ABOUT THE GEO-THERMAL PLANTS IN THE VALLEY...

Cheryle
Joy How bad are the EQs down there ?

Joy Dean
Cheryl, I don't know a lot. Erin and I are texting, she can't call. Lots of broken stuff , she said house is a mess, damage in town to stores. Brawley was hit hard, centered north by Queda's house...geo plant.

Cheryle
OH.. wow... I saw that I thought that was where it was.. I had forgot you moved... Hope everyone is ok.. will send prayers..

Hidie
Storefront windows broken in Brawley, along with sidewalks. 40+ quakes in 2 hours.


Lisa:

Kali said her pool overflowed and some things got knocked around.... 5.3 I read about on the Yuma sun Page I hope all is well...

Diane:
Stacie you better be ready to walk into a mess! Brawley was hit hard!

Amy:
My house is thrashed I cried. I am now at my moms after taping things shut
my ceiling fan was ripped from the ceiling.

Stacie:
Lots of broken stuff..doors opened on my china cabinet in the garage and lots of glass busted there!

Andrea:
‎40+ quakes that measured 2.5 magnitude or higher! That doesn't even count the little ones. Stay safe everyone!




posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
2 more Earthquakes in Cali. a 3.8 at 8.6km and a 5.5- at 6.9km



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Frankel
The 5.4 has just been updated to a 5.5 if the current pattern continues its only a matter of time before a bigger one.


Not really.

This is probably a good thing - - releasing tensions.


I'm pretty sure our geologists told us here in Canterbury that whenever there was a EQ in the 24 hours after it we were at heightened risk for a bigger one - after that 24 hours the risk lowers again. We had a "forecast map" showing the highest risk zones for a damaging quake and whenever there are a shake that immediate area would light up to a much higher risk.

I feel for those living locally - Mother Nature can be terrifying



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by earthart
 


I feel really stressed, as 77 days ago, I had a dream and I was told 77 days. Nothing more. It was a very strange dream with an alien type creature.

I put it on my calendar and today is the day. My husband laughed at me this morning before he left for work.
we are in Northern Ca not So right off the Juan de Fuca ridge plate.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
CNN just said that these could be foreshocks to something bigger. They said that it was small chance, but the chance is still there. They said it was something to keep an eye on.


Could we get a link? I'm not seeing anything on CNN yet.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 



The Imperial Valley extends southward for 50 miles (80 km) from the southern end of the Salton Sea into Mexico. Part of a trough stretching from the Coachella Valley to the Gulf of California, it is almost entirely below sea level—235 feet (72 m) below at the edge of the Salton Sea. Its hot desert climate is characterized by daily temperature extremes. It was once part of the Gulf of California, from which it was cut off by the dam-like deposits of the Colorado River Delta Fan as it carved out the Grand Canyon.[2] Bordered by sand dunes and barren mountains, it was uninhabited until 1901, when the Imperial Canal was opened and diverted Colorado River water into the valley through Mexico. Flood-waters in 1905–07 destroyed the irrigation channels and created the Salton Sea now filled by the New River and irrigation run-off.[3] The rivers in the southern part of the Salton Sea river basin flow south to north.


This isn't where I read it a few minutes ago but says almost the same thing. en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Will be keeping an eye on the Australian edge of the ring of fire for our "re-adjustment". Thanks for the info everybody.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful
 


No sorry. I have had CNN on for the last couple of hours. They were talking about Issac and then did a quick report on this swarm. But Im not making it up. Been watching quakes since I joined ATS. Thats why I joined ATS.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
reply to post by eriktheawful
 


No sorry. I have had CNN on for the last couple of hours. They were talking about Issac and then did a quick report on this swarm. But Im not making it up. Been watching quakes since I joined ATS. Thats why I joined ATS.



I understand, a lot of times things will be reported on air before they hit web pages.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee
 


Then not to worry, use your energy in a positive way through creativity. Take it easy. That was a great dream of protection. Just make sure your preps are up especially water.

Good day to make candles.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hollwd
 

The Geo thermal plant is all new...Hmm


New geo thermal plant near Salton sea


Here is how geothermal energy is harvested at the plant: one of two wells taps into superheated reservoir water 2 miles below the earth's surface. That fluid is flashed into steam engines that drive turbines inside. The power is then put on the grid and the water is returned to the earth. The process occurs nonstop, 24 hours a day.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
According to a seismologist there's no need to worry:

"What we're seeing is a classic Brawley seismic swarm,'' USGS
seismologist Lucy Jones told City News Service. "We haven't seen one of these
since the 1970s, and there was another one back in the 1930s.''

"These don't seem to be related to earthquakes on the San Andreas
itself, other than in a general way,'' she said. "It's pretty far away.''
Jones says she expected the quake swarm "to continue to bubble along,
they're going to get a bunch of 4s and 5s.''

Source

Hope she's right



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Here is some info from Earthquake report. earthquake-report.com...


Update 21:44 UTC - The last comparable seismic swarm in Brawley dates from 1970. Another one occurred in the 1930′s - Some buildings in Brawley were evacuated after the first stronger quakes. People will probably stay outside for a while which is good in case other even stronger quakes would strike. - The Brawley zone is a complex seismic area of smaller faults. The San Andreas main Fault runs from near Palm Springs to enter Mexico just west of Yuma.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anim8tr
According to a seismologist there's no need to worry:

"What we're seeing is a classic Brawley seismic swarm,'' USGS
seismologist Lucy Jones told City News Service. "We haven't seen one of these
since the 1970s, and there was another one back in the 1930s.''

"These don't seem to be related to earthquakes on the San Andreas
itself, other than in a general way,'' she said. "It's pretty far away.''
Jones says she expected the quake swarm "to continue to bubble along,
they're going to get a bunch of 4s and 5s.''

Source


Hope she's right


Move along people nothing to see here........... Thought we was genuinely on to something. Back to real life lol

edit on 26-8-2012 by Frankel because: Bah
edit on 26-8-2012 by Frankel because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Char-Lee
 


Then not to worry, use your energy in a positive way through creativity. Take it easy. That was a great dream of protection. Just make sure your preps are up especially water.

Good day to make candles.


Thanks...good advice. I did feel in the dream he was carrying a burden and he handed some of it to me. No words were spoken but the 77 days.

it has worried me though I posted it all over the place anywhere I could make it fit the thread like here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This just came in but is not showing on map.

TSUNAMI SEISMIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
NWS WEST COAST/ALASKA TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER PALMER AK
200 PM PDT SUN AUG 26 2012

...THIS IS AN INFORMATION STATEMENT...

EVALUATION
AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH A MAGNITUDE SUCH THAT A TSUNAMI
IS NOT EXPECTED. THIS WILL BE THE ONLY WCATWC MESSAGE ISSUED
FOR THIS EVENT.

PRELIMINARY EARTHQUAKE PARAMETERS
MAGNITUDE - 5.6
TIME - 1258 AKDT AUG 26 2012
edit on 26-8-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Here is some info from Earthquake report. earthquake-report.com...


Update 21:44 UTC - The last comparable seismic swarm in Brawley dates from 1970. Another one occurred in the 1930′s - Some buildings in Brawley were evacuated after the first stronger quakes. People will probably stay outside for a while which is good in case other even stronger quakes would strike. - The Brawley zone is a complex seismic area of smaller faults. The San Andreas main Fault runs from near Palm Springs to enter Mexico just west of Yuma.


Gee.....1930's.....then 1970's......and now 2010's......I would almost say that's some sort of 40 year cycle going on there.......

If I were posting at a conspiracy web site...........ah wait! ooops.........


Seriously however, if this is a normal thing for them, I hope it calms down soon.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WSandAbnormal
2 more Earthquakes in Cali. a 3.8 at 8.6km and a 5.5- at 6.9km


That one was about 30 EQ's ago...nothing new on USGS page of that size.





edit on 26-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr
 

Why do you think I moved to Missouri. and not near the Mississippi.. but high up in the Ozarks. in the Good part of the NWO map of the USA after TSHTF..



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
A swarm of earthquakes to me indicates plate movement, which might mean a LARGE earthquake.

Gets your preps ready.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hollwd
reply to post by Yngvarr
 

Why do you think I moved to Missouri. and not near the Mississippi.. but high up in the Ozarks. in the Good part of the NWO map of the USA after TSHTF..


The same reason I left Palo Alto Ca. 15 years ago, for the top of the Blue Ridge mountain range in the South.....

Des





new topics
top topics
 
147
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join