It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Has ZERO Percent Support From African Americans In New NBC/WSJ Poll

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Why is Romney wasting his time?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbread
Why is Romney wasting his time?

So that Obama can keep selling this country to his friends. He has to do something when he leaves the White House. He is preparing to smooth himself a path onto Wall Street or into banking.

Wait...maybe he can make a living by writing fiction?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Probably because he's not promising a bunch of free stuff.

Wasn't that a racist comment..?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
nevermind...this is futile
edit on 8/23/2012 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

The descendents of the African slave trade, who fought for their civil rights to be able to vote, are generally referred to as "African Americans".

I agree with that statement! It also seems to disqualify Mr. Obama from being an "African-American".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
As far as black people are concerned the president could be the biggest criminal around and they wouldn't care as long as he was black (well partly black anyway). Every south African knows this because that is how south Africa is now....and things are going down hill fast too on many levels!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Couldn't even get through 1 and a half pages of this thread...not even worth reading anymore of this trash. So much racism it makes me want to cut the top of my head open,scoop my brains out with an ice cream scooper, and feed it to the animals that roam the alley behind my house.

Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Reply to post by BenReclused

Not really, Obama has ties to slavery through his mother. So technically he could still call himself partly African American if he wanted to. But the media always refers to him as the first Black president not the first African American president. I have never heard Obama refer to himself as African American either.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Reply to post by LUXUS

Hmmmm I wonder if white people only vote for white candidates. I dont see too many people of color being voted for in communities that are mostly white.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This could easily be seen as an economic/party issue as much as a race issue.

In 1996, blacks voted 84% in favor of Clinton. In 2000 90% voted democrat. In 2004 88% voted Kerry.

In 2008 Obama got 96% with a much higher turnout, which could be explained by him being black as well as impending recession that disproportionally affects minorities, who tend to have much lower savings and lower average income.

In 2008, over 70% of voters with less than 15K income voted democrat...

But if it is more racially driven, could we see the increase in African American political participation lead to the formation of a radical third party that demands a major shift in resources toward urban communities as well as possible reimbursements for historical inequality?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Against Romney the party/politics theory holds true but the fact Hillary Clinton was getting killed 9 to 1 in the Democratic primaries once Obama emerged as a real contender suggests that anyone regardless of party or politics is going to have a hard time against Obama when it comes to the black vote.

One would expect Obama to win these voters, but 90-10 is a total collapse that Obama is not experiencing among any constituency. Simply put, Hillary Clinton has a black problem.”

www.salon.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Strakha

Good point.

That got me thinking as to what the women's split was in the Clinton/Obama, and I found an article from 2008 from Time called Why didn't more women vote for Hillary?

Turns out it was a pretty even split. I think Obama was just the better candidate of the two, and African Americans might tend to jump to that conclusion before anyone...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The irony here is that Obama isn't even black, he's biracial or mulatto.

It makes no difference anyway, or ought not make any difference.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Obama is black and that is all that matters to the African Americans.

Look at that...more racial stereotyping.

Nice of you to reduce a whole segment of Americans down to idiots who just vote based on skin color.

Nothing like some facts to bring out the racists on ATS.

Not really more or less than the idiots claiming that anyone disagreeing with Obama is doing so because he's black. It couldn't possibly be because he's an execrable sub-human.

But 94% can legitimately be suspect, since it's more than difficult to get 94% of any group to all agree on one candidate for any but the most specific of reasons.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

The turning point was when Bill Clinton made remarks that were perceived by some to be racist. Bill was accused of trying to paint Obama as the black candidate and suggesting he only won in South Carolina because of the black vote. After Bill said the quote below and it got blown up by the media and Obama camp Hillary was lucky to see 10% of the black vote again.

Jesse Jackson won South Carolina in ’84 and ’88. Jackson ran a good campaign. And Obama ran a good campaign here.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

lol@ all the ATS armchair experts about black people

h
i
l
a
r
i
o
u
s

Tell me more

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Reply to post by The Old American

No, it would only be suspect if the majority of black voters would not usually vote for the democratic party. There was an increase in the amount of black voters that came out but since black voters typically vote democrat the fact that they voted for Obama means nothing. More women and young people also turned out to vote for him. Were they also motivated by race?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Voting patterns of demographic groups is a major part of elections/politics. Stating how black people voted in each election by percentage shouldn't be viewed as implying expertise on black people.

And speculating that black people came to a faster conclusion that Obama was a superior candidate to Hillary based on an ethnic bond isn't out of the question either.

I could just as easily speculate that Mormons will show in a high majority for Romney. I hope you see I'm just analyzing politics and voting patterns and not trying to be racist in any way....

I also said something about the possibility of a majority black third party rising. This has always been feared by the establishment and remains possible and maybe more likely with increases interest because of Obama.

Or you weren't talking about me and this comment was unnecessary.

Either way, I don't think I'm out of bounds as a white person to comment on African American politics and their relation to Obama any more than I would be out of bounds as a man to comment on women voting.

Also, I'd rather be realistic about lingering inequalities than pretend racial problems ended in 1964. I think racial discussion being taboo is very convenient when it comes to overlooking poverty in high percentage black urban communities.

I'm really not sure how to handle this stuff. If I start talking about black people as a group, I'm racist or I don't get it. And if I don't, I'm insensitive to current inequalities. Either way, I end up feeling I have to apologize or clarify myself based on a white guilt complex.
edit on 23-8-2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Obama has ties to slavery through his mother.

By the same token, I reckon Michelle Obama is White. After all, she is descended from a White slave owner...

Going back almost four centuries, a great many White Americans would also have the same "ties to slavery". In all likelihood, he is no more "African-American" than I am.

See ya,
Milt

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join