It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone who thinks UFOs don't exist read this!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
never mind, already posted
edit on 22-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Unexplainable does not mean extraterrestrial. More commonly it means not enough data to arrive at any firm conclusions.
reply to post by Phage

I don't remember saying anything about about extraterrestrial myself.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

IT doesn't really matter if you agree with it , the simple fact is more than one person can make a mistake at the same time. Especially when they are witnessing something to which they have no frame of reference to to compare with. Having multiple people making the same mistake about what they have seen does not automatically make their idea about what they have seen true, the magician analogy proves that beyond a doubt.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No it isn't. Do the military members of the team add anything other than their opinions to the report?

wow.. ! .. so what you're saying is ..

because the Apollo or other astronauts that are now retired, opinions don't lend credibility to ANY space discussion ?? So .. all their experience is.. now 'opinion' even though their an expert in the field..

if I'm not if I'm not following you correctly .. because thus far.. i'm not sure what you're driving at other than 'it's not mil/gov sponsored, so it's bunk..'..

edit on 22-8-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I think what convinced me was the story the two gendarmes told of chasing a triangle of monstrous proportions all over Belgium one night, ending with them sitting in their patrol car watching the triangle hover over a lake, shooting gigantic fireballs out over the hori\on and taking them back aboard when they returned to the ship or whatever it was.....
Of course watching one descend from space and fly off in the atmosphere was a close second for me....that was in Saskatchewan.....3 yrs ago.....

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
so, to sum up; two and a half pages of bickering about whether COMETA was military or defence
followed by three pages of bickering about criminal law. seriously, again?
must all threads degenerate to this same pointless place?
"you can't use witnesses in prosecutions. therefore anyone who sees anything in the sky is a murderer"
i am sadly getting used to this, but sometimes it's just too overt not to say something, you know?
when we sit back, let the aspergers reside, and take a look at the actual cases themselves
instead of what the investigators had for breakfast
there is some pretty undeniable evidence that, from time to time, there really is something going on
something that cannot be explained by earthly rationale....
sure, we have no definitive proof that it is aliens
but when something has 'no earthly explanation' we're not exactly left with a lot of options, right?

either that or every single person on the face of this earth is just lying constantly
in which case you should probably stab your housemate before they get you.
i try to stay positive, and there are so many amazing contributors here with a lot of worthy thoughts to read
but this is getting depressing.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
We can (and should) assume the simple explanation is the correct one, but we can't even begin a proper investigation if we relegate eyewitness testimony to some kind of twilight zone where nobody can be trusted.

All things requiring investigation benefit from eye witness testimony. The 5% of cases we are talking about here, are not cases where a few people on a beach think a balloon is an alien space craft.

I respect your skepticism immensely, and appreciate it (applaud it even). But there are truly "unexplainable" cases out there.
edit on 21-8-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

So, you're telling me that 95% of the people who've said that they've seen aliens, have been proven to be a complete load of rubbish, but that we should still continue to believe the other 5% even tho NONE of them have ever produced a single tangible piece of evidence?

man, I want to believe, but this is just plain desperate

edit on 22-8-2012 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

There is just no way to use giant telescopes. radio telescopes and others and to have not detected these on their radars or even got a close-ups EVER... So I think the military or even some frm NASA may know what they are... and just because there is not enough evidence in public, does not mean there may not be enough evidence in secret. We should be open for both possibilities.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
reply to post by DeadSeraph

There is just no way to use giant telescopes. radio telescopes and others and to have not detected these on their radars or even got a close-ups EVER... So I think the military or even some from NASA may know what they are... and just because there is not enough evidence in public, does not mean there may not be enough evidence in secret. We should be open for both possibilities.

EXACTLY what the UFO community has been stating for ...

decades..

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimTSpock
1952 Washington D.C. UFO incident. One of my favorite ones. Have a go at that. Oh it's um a um mass hallucination or a bird. Yeah right. Some people just don't want to accept reality. This single incident is irrefutable in my opinion.

Man, I LOVE sci-fi. I truly do. I'm passionate about it and nothing would please me more to find out we have friendly neighbours somewhere in the universe. Especially one that could help us all grow up and stop killing each other

BUT, even the best of the best 'evidence' I've seen is always extremely tenuous and/or requires 'using my imagination' - that's not science, it's FICTION

You keep alluding to 'it must be aliens, there is no other explanation' - but I've witnessed hypnotism, religion, drugs, lack of food/sleep/water, even fear alone cause people to have some very strange, group experiences.

These are real proven things , yet you'd rather skip straight to aliens cause you're more interested in the Fi than the Sci!!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
Since joining ATS i've stopped believing in aliens.

I've not seen one single piece of evidence that couldn't be faked or just a light in the sky.

I want to believe, but I just don't!

I have posted this many times. The best proof that is public to be able to see the Reality of E.T. Craft is found in the 1950's and 1960's Massive UFO overflights of Washington DC. All one has to do is read the actual DC Newspaper Reports, Interviews...and these early 50's interviews were done before the "Agency" that handles everything E.T. had yet developed many Protocols that now exist but back then did not.

DC Newspapers interviewed High Ranking U.S. Military Officials as well as Scientists, Congressmen, Police and Fire Dept. and regular people who were Frightened by Huge Numbers of E.T. Craft Flyovers of Washington DC's Capitol Building, White House, Washington Memorial...and this went on FOR WEEKS! The U.S. Military was pressed to protect the Nations most sensitive Airspace and these E.T. Craft TOYED with our Jet Fighter Pilots as we attempted to shoot one down. These UFO flyovers went on day and night and this is possibly the BIGGEST STORY YOU NEVER HEARD OF! It happened again in the early 60's and we almost used a NUCLEAR TIPPED Air to Air Missile to shoot one down placed on the small wing of a F-104 Starfighter...but this order was reversed as this was very dangerous...flying with a Nuke over Washington. Look it up! Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Again, in the Colonel's own words, when asked.... "do you still not believe?"

"I answered that I didn't, that we needed more tests to believe that those things were flying disks. I had not seen any ship at that time. Only light, many and varied. I was still not satisfied."

edit on 22-8-2012 by Beavers because: correcting bad translation

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

Wow. You just got the 'treatment' big-time.

The Cometa Report makes for interesting reading and is a good introduction to some well-known incidents. The Lakenheath incident has become less clear since Shough et al interviewed surviving witnesses. Tehran remains a puzzler.

See what you think of Mike Swords' blog about the Nash-Fortenberry sighting. The pilot Bill Nash had an exchange of letters with 'debunker' Menzel and quite clearly succeeded in overcoming his arguments. The full exchange is over at Saturday Night Uforia. Another very interesting article by Tom Tulien lists a series of sightings (radar/visual) by upwards of a dozen independent witnesses at Minot AFB.

UFOs are certainly 'real' and aircrews occasionally still report. Here's a UK collection of 52 Civil Aviation Authority ufo reports. The Trislander incident has now been identified as a radio accident.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fineousstitch
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I live in toowoomba. I see things in the sky i cant explain at least once a week.
Best one i saw was about a month ago. I was in my backyard with my GF and she was on the phone to her parents. I said " hey look at that bright light flying past those 2 real bright stars" Then the 2 real bright stars flew off lol my GF was like "WTF!!!" the first light continued diagonally upward and out of sight.

Sorry guy, you sound genuine and all, but do you know how many of these stories I've heard??? EVERY now and then, one will come with a video too. It's always a stoned camera man and light in the sky.

Yeah sure, we might have an 'unexplained light in the sky' problem, but this doesn't mean that other beings in other worlds have broken the speed of light or age restrictions we currently have with long distance space travel and then decided to just play hide n fking seek with us when they got here.

Show me the money!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I was a firm believer of alien aspects of U.F.O’s, well not this year, not anymore. Im a believer that they are highly advanced top secret air craft piloted by our governments. Some are just unexplained objects that can’t be identified or explained, that don’t make then alien in nature.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Yeah sure man, I've read it, probably 10 years ago the first time!!

But it's just print. I wasn't there, there aren't even any really bad pictures and most importantly there are still lots of other possibilities.

It could have been a film company, paying random people to report these things just to sell more tickets to a movie!! It's the sort of thing I'd do

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

But it's just print. I wasn't there, there aren't even any really bad pictures and most importantly there are still lots of other possibilities.

such a lack of tangible evidence hasn't stopped billions of humansheep following religions though has it?! yet we have to put actual aliens on the tv and let people touch them before anyone will even entertain the idea. The human race is weird, no wonder aliens don't bother stopping here

I'm with you on the "want to believe but can't"... people like phage are just as bad with their "(il)logical denial". nit picking all the time, dressing it up like he has some fact to deny the claims, bottom line is he knows no more than the believers.

There is simply no real evidence for or against. there never will be. I've spent years looking into these cases and the bottom line is you really don't know what's going on 5000miles away, like you say, it could be a localised stunt, scam or real. For me the phoenix lights and rendelsham cases are pretty good. Only because so many people corroborate the stories...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Being myself a French native speaker, I might be able to enlight some of you about the nature of the COMETA-report :
- the chairman of the group is a General of the French army
- COMETA means : (this is my own translation) : comprehensive study committee
The group is composed by people who are ex-members of the 'Institut des hautes études de défense nationale' : this is actually some sort of..let's say "West point" : school for officers. They don't only train officers, but also perform studies.
The job of this COMETA group is to study UFO (which are not necessarily extraterrestrial) and their implication for defence. They work for the government and the army.
So this is not really army, but linked to the army, and very official.
I hope this info clarifies the matter.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
We can (and should) assume the simple explanation is the correct one, but we can't even begin a proper investigation if we relegate eyewitness testimony to some kind of twilight zone where nobody can be trusted.

All things requiring investigation benefit from eye witness testimony. The 5% of cases we are talking about here, are not cases where a few people on a beach think a balloon is an alien space craft.

I respect your skepticism immensely, and appreciate it (applaud it even). But there are truly "unexplainable" cases out there.
edit on 21-8-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

So, you're telling me that 95% of the people who've said that they've seen aliens, have been proven to be a complete load of rubbish, but that we should still continue to believe the other 5% even tho NONE of them have ever produced a single tangible piece of evidence?

man, I want to believe, but this is just plain desperate

edit on 22-8-2012 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

That's an interesting point of view you've chosen there.

"Desperate".

Your governments, your officials, YOUR people, have the "5%" reports.

It really doesn't matter if it fits within your small little view of how reality works or not. Do you honestly think that the combined governments of the word would spend TRILLIONS of dollars collectively each with their own programs only to come to the same wasted conclusion YOU did?

"Sorry mate. Just a kite."

Give me a break. Read a book.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Yeah sure man, I've read it, probably 10 years ago the first time!!

It could have been a film company, paying random people to report these things just to sell more tickets to a movie!! It's the sort of thing I'd do

I think that a Washington DC Newspaper Article and interview of people such as the U.S. President, Senators, Congressmen and J. Edgar Hoover as well as General Curtis LeMay to name a few is HARDLY shallow EVIDENCE...as in these DOCUMENTED INTERVIEWS in which they expressed their ideas on what should be done about violation of U.S. Airspace and ESPECIALLY the U.S. Military Leadership that was very vocal to make sure people knew that these CRAFT WERE NOT SOVIET as they went into great detail to explain to the public that the Soviets did not posses such a High Level of Tech. that would allow them to fly over DC while U.S. Jets could not shoot these Craft down....is possibly the Best Evidence or Proof of the existence of E.T. on public record. Split Infinity

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join